Orion vs Ulik in hand to hand fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
In this fight since Orion has the strength advantage Ulik gets him pounders.

Damborgson
Orion takes it

golem370
Good fight?

DTM
Id say its a good fight. Ulik routinely gives Thor a good match, and while Thor beats him in the end, theyre usually always good fights. Since I consider Orion a bit lesser overall than Thor, I think Ulik would be a good match for him, but in the end, I do see Orion winning more than losing against Ulik.

carver9
Ulik wins.

Damborgson
Originally posted by golem370
Good fight?

Decent. Thor and Orion are similar in strength though. With Orion being less prone to hold back in my opinion. He'd get tired and put the hurt on Ulik.

DTM
I was actually thinking of doing a Ulik vs. Kalibak match before this one popped up.

abhilegend
The dog of war isn't a pansy like goldilocks. Ulik gets his shit pushed in.Originally posted by carver9
Ulik wins.
laughing out loud
You're talking about a guy who hasn't lost a single fight against superman in their half dozen fights here. But you're carver afterall.

JakeTheBank
Orion rips his throat out.

celeyhyga17
This guy...

Cogito
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This guy... thumb up

golem370
I think I made a Ulik vs Kalibak

h1a8
Huh? This fight is spite like hell.
ulik is a thing or classic colossus level opponent. With the pounders he is namor level at best. His fights with Thor doesn't prove he is in Thor's physical level. Classic Thor was very inconsistent. His strength ranged from slightly over a 100 tons to astronomical amount. Ulik outside of Thor hasn't shown he is anywhere near a high end Thor in physicality. Currently Thor can one shot him or at least beat him bordering on spite.

whacknasty
Orion seems like he would win, imo. Sufficient strength, willingness to go all out, aswell as his astro harness, if he can use it, is a better weapon to have than uliks pounders, imo

Edit: Rats, missed the part that its just h2h outside of the pounders : /

I'll still back Orion, but maybe at a closer 7/10...

h1a8
Originally posted by whacknasty
Orion seems like he would win, imo. Sufficient strength, willingness to go all out, aswell as his astro harness, if he can use it, is a better weapon to have than uliks pounders, imo

Edit: Rats, missed the part that its just h2h outside of the pounders : /

I'll still back Orion, but maybe at a closer 7/10...

So someone almost in Superman's league physically can't spite stomp someone in Colossus or Namor's league? You know that Thor one shotted Ulik in a more recent battle than Thor's classic battles? And did you know that outside of classic Thor's battles Ulik operates far under a high end Thor in physicality?

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
Ulik wins. laughing

whacknasty
Originally posted by h1a8
So someone almost in Superman's league physically can't spite stomp someone in Colossus or Namor's league? You know that Thor one shotted Ulik in a more recent battle than Thor's classic battles? And did you know that outside of classic Thor's battles Ulik operates far under a high end Thor in physicality?

Ah, I am just more familiar with Ulik and Thor's older battles. I blame being broke...lol.

So you feel anything short of 10/10 is too low for Orion? Ulik should get at least a punchers chance imo, just like in a good old fashioned boxing or mma match... : )

Endless Mike
Orion

Horrificus
Originally posted by carver9
Ulik wins. Yes.
Ulik at his best.

PillarofOsiris
Hopefully Orion has one hand tied behind his back and is blinded for this fight.... otherwise I don't see how it's fair at all.

hunbu04
Ulik win againt who Rhino yes not Orion. Orion is physically stronger than superman and also more versatile with mother box and Astro Force. The guy is a physical match for Great Darksied himself that is why motherbox keep his rage and power in check.
Hey Craver are you saying Ulik can beat the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, and Darksied

PillarofOsiris
Orion isn't stronger than Superman, but he IS a LOT stronger than Ulik. This is a boarderline spite thread.

Horrificus
Ulik at his best was a match for Thor. Legitimate Match for Thor.

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
Ulik at his best was a match for inconsistent Classic Thor. Legitimate Match for for a low end Thor.

I agree. A current more high end Thor has one shotted Ulik and didn't have trouble with mountain sized objects and mongooses.
It's always best to look outside of Thor to confirm not only Ulik's level but the level Thor was fighting Ulik at. Outside of Thor Ulik is only shown to be around Colossus level (possibly slightly more).

Hyperion Prime
I agree. A current more high end Thor has one shotted Ulik and didn't have trouble with mountain sized objects and mongooses.
It's always best to look outside of Thor to confirm not only Ulik's level but the level Thor was fighting Ulik at. Outside of Thor Ulik is only shown to be around Colossus level (possibly slightly more).

Ulik is way stronger than Colussus, but he is no where near the strength of Orion. Thor fights Ulik for the fun of it. If he wanted he could waste Ulik.

h1a8
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Ulik is way stronger than Colussus, but he is no where near the strength of Orion. Thor fights Ulik for the fun of it. If he wanted he could waste Ulik. He has no strength feats beyond Colossus level other than fighting Thor. Is mongoose stronger than Colossus?
Also many weaker beings have beaten stronger beings due to heart and skill.
Sorry but Thor can't one shot Colossus in a comic. Thor oneshot Ulik in more recent times.

Horrificus
A current more high end Leotard is by far a better fit for me, than my usual, outdated ballet outfits.
It's always best to look at oneself in a full-length mirror when trying to confirm how well sleek, silk attire fits one's Hindquarters.
Outside of the dressing room is where I like to strut my stuff, showing off my pretty, new dresses, shoes and lacy hats.

Um... OK h1. That's great. But, can we get back on topic now?
Thanks.

confused

Hyperion Prime
He has no strength feats beyond Colossus level other than fighting Thor. Is mongoose stronger than Colossus?
Also many weaker beings have beaten stronger beings due to heart and skill.
Sorry but Thor can't one shot Colossus in a comic. Thor oneshot Ulik in more recent times.

Thor at his greatest and colussus at there greatest. If Thor wants to he can one or two shot colussus.

PillarofOsiris
Thor has one-shot Abomination and Namor on separate occasions. I have no doubt he could one-shot classic Colossus.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This guy... i dont think that link or scan works.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i dont think that link or scan works.

Notice the sig?
See it?
There u go.....

Colossus-Big C
ulik is class 90 in the handbooks, where the f*ck are people getting that he is stronger than colossus?

a pis less thor one shots him.
colossus fough hercules and gladiator once, even king hyperion and sym, does that mean he is in there league? its PIS

Colossus-Big C

Lord Feron
Orion Beats him down but it would be a great fight.

Estacado
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i dont think that link or scan works.
lmao

h1a8
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Thor at his greatest and colussus at there greatest. If Thor wants to he can one or two shot colussus. True but in a comic he won't.
But he one shotted Ulik so Ulik isn't much greater than Colossus.

golem370
But Ulik has almost beat Thor in the best and on Marvel Database said that a said even a near miss by Ulik was enough to make Thor legs numb and that the madder Ulik got the stronger his limbs got. Plus he has the pounders to so his hits would be increased with them to.

Prep-Man
Ulik stomps. 10/10. I don't see Orion overpowering the brute.

Horrificus
You need those old, old books.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_UlikoverThor.jpg

h1a8
But Ulik has almost beat Thor in the best and on Marvel Database said that a said even a near miss by Ulik was enough to make Thor legs numb and that the madder Ulik got the stronger his limbs got. Plus he has the pounders to so his hits would be increased with them to.
You must look at more of current events along with entire history to make decisions.

classic thor was inconsistent. Look at the moongoose fight, him being trapped by ice, shot by bullets, etc. We need to look at outside instances away from Thor to confirm Ulik's level. How do we know that Colossus is far inferior to Glads although they fought almost to a standstill? Because of outside feats and showings.
Outside of classic Thor Ulik has no feats higher than Colossus level. Also current characters hold more water. More currently Thor one shotted Ulik showing that Thor is clearly far above him in physicality.

So if Thor can one shot Ulik in more recent times then what do you think Orion can do?

Horrificus
You must look at more of current events along with entire history to make decisions.

classic thor was inconsistent. Look at the moongoose fight, him being trapped by ice, shot by bullets, etc. We need to look at outside instances away from Thor to confirm Ulik's level. How do we know that Colossus is far inferior to Glads although they fought almost to a standstill? Because of outside feats and showings.
Outside of classic Thor Ulik has no feats higher than Colossus level. Also current characters hold more water. More currently Thor one shotted Ulik showing that Thor is clearly far above him in physicality.

So if Thor can one shot Ulik in more recent times then what do you think Orion can do? Personally, I am an Orion fan and I do think he is very powerful. But, he is not anywhere near current Thor. Thor, one shotting Ulik, doesn't do much for the Orion argument.

Classic Thor suffered from "Superman Complex", where he held back very often, obviously, saving his most powerful attacks for the most powerful enemies.

Ulik, at his best, has been able to beat Thor (as I posted above) and has also been a severe threat to Thor.

Thor has fought Ulik many times

h1a8
Personally, I am an Orion fan and I do think he is very powerful. But, he is not anywhere near current Thor. Thor, one shotting Ulik, doesn't do much for the Orion argument.

Classic Thor suffered from "Superman Complex", where he held back very often, obviously, saving his most powerful attacks for the most powerful enemies.

Ulik, at his best, has been able to beat Thor (as I posted above) and has also been a severe threat to Thor.

Thor has fought Ulik many times

Orion fully geared is arguably more powerful than Thor. He is a peer of Superman.
Physically, anything close to Superman is beyond Thor. But let's not go there. You can't base Ulik's level off fighting Thor, no matter how many times he fought him. You have to look at other instances that tell whether Thor was written down to Ulik. All other instances point to Thor being written down to Ulik. Classic Thor has struggled many times against beings and things that a high end Thor would laugh at. Look at the Gladiator Colossus fight, what about the Thor mongoose fight, what about the Colossus Hulk fight where Colossus won, etc.

Ulik wasn't designed to be a class 100 being (or a very low one at best) as you see in his appearances outside Thor. He is very skilled, has tremendous heart and aggressiveness. This makes him more dangerous than his lower end strength says.

In forum rules, we argue current characters. That means Ulik is around Colossus level since nowadays Thor can one shot him.

golem370
I thought it was best showings from the characters

h1a8
I thought it was best showings from the characters
Well best showings if they are current. Otherwise, things gets desperate and not reflective of how characters are currently portrayed.

Also showings AGAINST CHARACTERS go both ways. Either it was a good showing for Ulik against Thor in the past or it was a low showing for Thor. How can we decide which is the case? Outside showings is the key.

Was Colossus against Gladiator a good showing for Colossus or a bad showing for Gladiator? Was Spidey against Firelord a good showing for Spidey or a bad showing for Firelord?

Instances can range from extreme PIS to slight contradictory.

Horrificus
Well best showings if they are current. Otherwise, things gets desperate and not reflective of how characters are currently portrayed.

Also showings AGAINST CHARACTERS go both ways. Either it was a good showing for Ulik against Thor in the past or it was a low showing for Thor. How can we decide which is the case? Outside showings is the key.

Was Colossus against Gladiator a good showing for Colossus or a bad showing for Gladiator? Was Spidey against Firelord a good showing for Spidey or a bad showing for Firelord?

Instances can range from extreme PIS to slight contradictory. Well, you damn well better at least admit that, well, admit that Ulik is cool!

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
The dog of war isn't a pansy like goldilocks. Ulik gets his shit pushed in.
laughing out loud

Orion's not a small god from a small world, unlike a certain blonde pagan deity from Marvel, huh?

Originally posted by abhilegend
You're talking about a guy who hasn't lost a single fight against superman in their half dozen fights here. But you're carver afterall.

Orion's never lost to Superman in a fight?

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Orion/SUPERMAN%20CONFIDENTIAL%209/pic013.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Orion/SUPERMAN%20CONFIDENTIAL%209/pic014.jpg

Not that it's relevant in a hand-to-hand fight, especially with someone like Ulik, but just sayin'.

Well, you damn well better at least admit that, well, admit that Ulik is cool!

Admitting would mean it's true, so there's nothing to admit. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.