RPGs with dialogue options and moral choices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ray Park
What are the different, and ebst rpgs of this nature?

I have played Mass effect 1, dragon age 1 and kotors 1 and 2, and I really lieked all 4 of them.

I prefer third person view with 3D graphics, and action gameplay, but i will listen to othe roptions too.

But they must have different dialogue options and chocies you can make.

Also, idieally i want something not too open ended like stuff like skyrim which i found kind of boring.

Darth Ray Park
I care a lot about story as well btw, so i want something with good story.

NemeBro
It seems to me that you just like Bioware-style RPGs.

Darth Ray Park
Well I have not played too many others but I didn't like skyrim and I didn;t love fable either.

Are Bioware only company who makes these kinds of games?

NemeBro
Skyrim and Fable are not made by Bioware.

And not necessarily. The Witcher series is similar to what you described.

BackFire
Play Mass Effect 2 and 3 immediately.

Darth Ray Park
Yeah I know I mean RPGs that i am looking for.

Yes I have ehjard of Witcher series but I ust wanted confirmation here that it is like these others games.

So Kotor 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1,2,3, Dragin Age 1 and 2, and Witcher 1,2 so far. Anything else?

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by BackFire
Play Mass Effect 2 and 3 immediately.

haha laughing out loud I'll have to get through kotor 2 first.

I'm considering playing either Mass effect2 or Dragon Age 2 after I finish replaying KotOR2 with restored content, but i did actually prefer dragon age to mass effect so i was leaning towards doing dragon age 2 first. Is mass effect 2 and 3 better or worse than the first?

-Pr-
Have you considered trying Old Republic?

Also, play Mass Effect 2 before Dragon Age 2. Much better game.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by -Pr-
Have you considered trying Old Republic?

Yep but theres a few star wars material i need to get rhoguh first like the three nvoels and the comics etc.

Darth Ray Park
Also, forgot to mention, but I also ideally really wnat one where you have a party that you can intereact with throughout adventure, rather than just travelling on your own and itnereacting at npcs you come across. Being able to talk to my party is one of ym favorite things form thse games.

KingD19
Alpha Protocol is pretty fun. Not the best graphics, but fun nonetheless.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
I didn't like skyrim

ztVMib1T4T4

FinalAnswer
I care a lot about story as well btw, so i want something with good story.

Gears of War

Nemesis X
Hey Darth, you should play Final Fantasy XIII if you want story.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Nemesis X
ztVMib1T4T4

Yeah I found this game kind of boring personally. I really prefer GTA style of sandbox. The story was boring and it took too long to move around plus i missed having a party of characters with me like you do in kotor, mass effect or dragon age. GTA is quick, fast and fun. evil face

You bastard. sick

Darth Ray Park
Hey Darth, you should play Final Fantasy XIII if you want story.

I played final fantasy x which was good but not really what i am looking for what i really want is one that is about the story but has the dialogue choices as well.

Nemesis X
Yeah I found this game kind of boring personally. I really prefer GTA style of sandbox. The story was boring and it took too long to move around plus i missed having a party of characters with me like you do in kotor, mass effect or dragon age. GTA is quick, fast and fun. evil face

Not sure if actually serious or just plain trolling mmm

Darth Ray Park
No being compeletel serious. What I like about GTA is you can hijack car and zoom around map at breakneck speed and egt to where you need to go really uick and whats more the driving is really fun. The shooting gameplay is also really cool, and for some reason i prefer going on killing rampage with guns than swords and magic. Not the same with Skyrim combat is only really just ok and there is nothing fun about moving around the map so all the travel just becomes a bore and it is so slow.

Skyrim is just too slow and boring for me. I lack the patience to get into game like that. Not saying it is bad per say, just not my kind of game and definitely not what i am looking for. What I want is:

1. awesome story
2. party interactions and dialogue options in story
3. fun gameplay and more lineal experience.

Nephthys
Not sure if actually serious or just plain trolling mmm

Not everyone likes open ending games like that. I found it hard to deal with the lack of linearity myself at first.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not everyone likes open ending games like that. I found it hard to deal with the lack of linearity myself at first.

Yep pretty much.

Bioware>>>>>>>>>>>>Bethedsa.

NemeBro
Bethesda doesn't make you pay for content that should already be on the disc.

Nemesis X
Nor does Bethesda give fans the finger after delivering a five year experience with one of their franchises.

Nephthys
Well at least in a Bioware game I'm in no danger of randomly glitchslpoding.

NemeBro
Well at least in a Bioware game I'm in no danger of randomly glitchslpoding. You clearly have never actually played a Bioware game.

Nephthys
More than you have. And TOR is the only game where I noticed any glitches.

Every 5 seconds or so. sad

Darth Ray Park
Trust me he has he posts in star wars forums and knows about nihilus and everything.

NemeBro
Nihilus is from an Obsidian game. And Obsidian is god of the glitch.

More than you have. And TOR is the only game where I noticed any glitches.

Every 5 seconds or so. sad You missed the glitch in DA 2 where Hawke ends up a statue?

Or the one in Orgins where everything after the Landsmeet explodes?

Or the... Really everything in Awakenings?

Nephthys
DA 2 is one of the 4 Bioware games that I havn't played.

No, never got that one.

Nope.

I got plenty of black eyeballs in TOR though.

NemeBro
Clearly you're a liar. Just like you lied about being a cute, chubby girl with a bouncing bosom.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
Or the one in Orgins where everything after the Landsmeet explodes?

I had that problem more than I can count and during the landsmeet, everyone's mute and one time, the cutscenes would skip themselves. Speaking of that, ME3 skipped a good portion of the Tuchanka mission (the last one) and that really pissed me off.

Zack Fair
I can see why he didn't like Skyrim. Probably the same reason I didn't like previous Elder Scrolls.

TC play Mass Effect 2 and 3. Then try The Witcher series. It is like ME but on roids.

the ninjak
Vampire Bloodlines is the game you are all after.

Phanteros
CD Project red blows bioware out of the water when it comes to moral choices.

Yep pretty much.

Bioware>>>>>>>>>>>>Bethedsa.

At least Beth doesn't go banhammer on their own fans when they address a complaint, and has a better community that is filled with mindless opressed drones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.