Galactus Engine vs. Adult Franklin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vince_slice
http://i49.tinypic.com/1el2x2.jpg

VS

http://i49.tinypic.com/mtktaq.jpg

Rounds 1: Adult Franklin vs. GE

Round 2: Adult Franklin & Galactus vs. GE

TheGodKiller
Round 1 : GE
Round 2 : Still GE .

Cogito
Galactus vs. Mad Celestials was the biggest stated amp that Galactus has ever had. How that Galactus compares to the Galactus that fought the Galactus Engine in terms of the number of planets Galactus had recently eaten will determine Franklin's chances as he was pretty comparable to the 4-planet amped Galactus. Also Round two depends on how amped Galactus is when he helps Franklin fight against the Galactus Engine.

Oh and did I mention Galactus? ermmcreep

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Cogito
Galactus vs. Mad Celestials was the biggest stated amp that Galactus has ever had. How that Galactus compares to the Galactus that fought the Galactus Engine in terms of the number of planets Galactus had recently eaten will determine Franklin's chances as he was pretty comparable to the 4-planet amped Galactus. Also Round two depends on how amped Galactus is when he helps Franklin fight against the Galactus Engine.

I believe the highest amp Galactus ever had was eating his Worldship in the Secret Wars . Plus , 616-Celestials > 4280-Celestials imo .

And Franklin and Galen only faced 3 (Galen alone faced 4) Mad Space Gods .

The GE took on Galactus , T&A , and in this panel at least 8 616 Celestials(including Arishem , although I think he's not shown in this panel) :
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/TEEisZAi0UI/AAAAAAAAOBY/x669Qds7SA0/s1600/thanosimperative2+-+moreaspects.jpg

Who's winning this , you decide .

vince_slice

So are you saying that in round 2--where Galactus and Franklin fight the Galactus engine--it depends on Galactus' hunger level when Galactus was fighting the Galactus Engine, and whether Galactus was as well-fed as the Galactus in the FF4, and if he was as well-fed as that Galactus, this Galactus with Franklin will have a better chance against the Galactus Engine? Galactus?

janus77
1. GE ... brings good things to death.

2. Galactus eats GE... and AF.

Bentley
The GE was beating all the cosmics without slowing down, I'm not sure if we can assure that it was all his doing, but I don't see why only two cosmics would succeed where a bigger number of them failed.

MF DELPH
I think the Galactus Engine is too much for just Franklin and Galactus to combat. It killed Aegis and Arishem (iirc) and forced the others to retreat, except Galactus himself (Big G ain't no punk), but he would have fallen if not for Death overwhelming the Cancerverse and collapsing the Fault on the GE, destroying it and everything else from the Cancerverse.

janus77
If I recall correctly, the GE was just the Cancerverse's Galactus corrupted and driven insane.

It's basically a ravenous Galactus, stripped of all morals and qualms... hungry hungry hippo!

Galactus, in a forum battle, should be able to UN the thing or simply consume it, imo.

He's got the same capabilities and he has his wits about him too (as well as the UN).

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think the Galactus Engine is too much for just Franklin and Galactus to combat. It killed Aegis and Arishem (iirc) and forced the others to retreat, except Galactus himself (Big G ain't no punk), but he would have fallen if not for Death overwhelming the Cancerverse and collapsing the Fault on the GE, destroying it and everything else from the Cancerverse.

I don't think any Celestial was depicted as being destroyed . Aegis was, but she was the only Cosmic who was shown getting "killed" and even then it wasn't GE who killed her , but apparently the Many-Angled -Ones did .

Considering the fact that Arishem and an entire host of Celestials appeared in an arc of the Uncanny X-Men (when Mr Sinister messed around with the Dreaming Celestial) , I am pretty sure they(Celestials) weren't destroyed . They simply realized that it was pointless to battle and retreated , leaving Galactus alone with the GE .

Galan007
The Galactus Engine wins.

Sr J-Bieb
Galactus Engine in all scenarios.

Cogito
Originally posted by vince_slice
So are you saying that in round 2--where Galactus and Franklin fight the Galactus engine--it depends on Galactus' hunger level when Galactus was fighting the Galactus Engine, and whether Galactus was as well-fed as the Galactus in the FF4, and if he was as well-fed as that Galactus, this Galactus with Franklin will have a better chance against the Galactus Engine? Galactus?

thumb up Exactly.

Realistically though, the Galactus Engine in all likelihood wins regardless of whether Galactus (as he was when he fought the Galactus Engine) was amped. If Galactus was hungry at that time, though, then that changes everything. IIRC the Galactus Engine wasn't shown to have actually killed anyone. The only "abstract" shown dying was Aegis, who was killed by the Many Angled Ones rather than the Galactus Engine. Galactus was specifically shown holding off the Galactus Engine alone, although it certainly appeared as though Galactus was going to fall to the Galactus Engine very soon if Death hadn't done her thing.

So from this we can surmise that the Galactus Engine > Galactus. We also have a pretty good sense that Franklin = Galactus (amped by 4 planets). IMO the difference between Galactus and the Galactus Engine was more likely greater than the difference between the Galactus that fought the Galactus Engine and the Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials. By that reasoning, the Galactus Engine wins scenario 1.

For scenario 2 though, I feel it would depend on how amped Galactus is. If it's 4 planet Galactus and Franklin, then I think their combined might is probably greater than the Galactus Engine.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by janus77
If I recall correctly, the GE was just the Cancerverse's Galactus corrupted and driven insane.

It's basically a ravenous Galactus, stripped of all morals and qualms... hungry hungry hippo!

Galactus, in a forum battle, should be able to UN the thing or simply consume it, imo.

He's got the same capabilities and he has his wits about him too (as well as the UN).

The Galactus Engine was the Galactus of the Cancerverses's mutilatated remains placed in a giant machine by the Many Angled Ones to amplify and weaponize him. Like a gigantic Cyborg Galactus Weapon. It's not just a really really hungry Galactus.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I don't think any Celestial was depicted as being destroyed . Aegis was, but she was the only Cosmic who was shown getting "killed" and even then it wasn't GE who killed her , but apparently the Many-Angled -Ones did .

Considering the fact that Arishem and an entire host of Celestials appeared in an arc of the Uncanny X-Men (when Mr Sinister messed around with the Dreaming Celestial) , I am pretty sure they(Celestials) weren't destroyed . They simply realized that it was pointless to battle and retreated , leaving Galactus alone with the GE .

I thought the direct fallout of The Thanos Initiative Arc/Cancerverse War was that Arishem died and left the Cellestials without a judge due to his death so a new judge has to be chosen? There may be a continuity issue with that X-Men comic you're referencing.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I thought the direct fallout of The Thanos Initiative Arc/Cancerverse War was that Arishem died and left the Cellestials without a judge due to his death so a new judge has to be chosen? First I've heard of that.

Galan007
thumb up Exactly.

Realistically though, the Galactus Engine in all likelihood wins regardless of whether Galactus (as he was when he fought the Galactus Engine) was amped. If Galactus was hungry at that time, though, then that changes everything. IIRC the Galactus Engine wasn't shown to have actually killed anyone. The only "abstract" shown dying was Aegis, who was killed by the Many Angled Ones rather than the Galactus Engine. Galactus was specifically shown holding off the Galactus Engine alone, although it certainly appeared as though Galactus was going to fall to the Galactus Engine very soon if Death hadn't done her thing.

So from this we can surmise that the Galactus Engine > Galactus. We also have a pretty good sense that Franklin = Galactus (amped by 4 planets). IMO the difference between Galactus and the Galactus Engine was more likely greater than the difference between the Galactus that fought the Galactus Engine and the Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials. By that reasoning, the Galactus Engine wins scenario 1.

For scenario 2 though, I feel it would depend on how amped Galactus is. If it's 4 planet Galactus and Franklin, then I think their combined might is probably greater than the Galactus Engine. You know, I think I agree with this.

As for how powerful Galactus was during TI: if he would have been unusually amped, I'm quite sure the writer's would've made that clear (they always do.) But since nothing of the sort was mentioned, we can only assume he was at his regular levels of nourishment--and he would have only been getting weaker as the battle pressed on.

Anyhow, at one point we saw that Galactus, Tenebrous, and 3 other Celestials were able to hold back the GE:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12142051_ti-09-10.jpg
They were barely able to do it, but they were doing it none the less.

If a standard Galactus + 4 other 'Galactus-likes' were able to hold off the GE, then a hugely amped Galactus (ie. after consuming 4 worlds) + Franklin, who is on par with an amped Galactus, just might be able to do the same (possibly more.) Maybe.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
You know, I think I agree with this.

g007-psyduck

Galan007
Phuck you once for using that smilie against me. Phuck you twice for stealing it from me in the first place. uhuh

Cogito
durly

Galan007
yes

carver9
g007-psyduck

Lol...this smiley is hilarious...hate when Galan use it against me.

Utrigita
Galactus Engine for the win. It was capable of driving away, immobilize or kill atleast 10+ Celestial level beings. Please recall that Reeds dad outright stated that Franklin couldn't alone prevail against three Celestials, and while Galactus toke on 4, I simply don't see them winning against the Galactus engine.

Power Cosmic II
Galactus Engine is beyond their ability, until franklin shows otherwise in combat feats.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Galactus Engine is beyond their ability, until franklin shows otherwise in combat feats.

If Hickman doesn't get exhausted from AVX , I pretty sure that he's gonna give Franklin a few more uber feats in the remaining time of his run with the FF .
Some how I doubt they'll be enough to help him in this thread .

Dampyre
The Galactus engine wins, and easily.

Horrificus
Galactus Engine was just a cosmic battering ram.
616 abstracts were keeping it from entering 616 space, if I am correct.
Concentrating on blocking the GE, while also being attacked by other Cancerverse entities.

Am I right so far?

kgkg
Originally posted by Horrificus
Galactus Engine was just a cosmic battering ram.
616 abstracts were keeping it from entering 616 space, if I am correct.
Concentrating on blocking the GE, while also being attacked by other Cancerverse entities.

Am I right so far? You are wrong.

quanchi112
Galactus Engine rapes.

TheRavager
....Franklin's chances as he was pretty comparable to the 4-planet amped Galactus.

Based on what?

Based on 4-planet fed Galactus performing better against 4 Celestials than Adult Franklin did against 3?

Based on 4-planet fed Galactus forcing the Celestials to merge to defeat him, something they didn't do with Franklin even when they had the opportunity?

I found it pretty obvious that 4-planet fed Galactus was > than the Franklin-revived Galactus, and by a seeming pretty wide margin.

Just look at the before/after performance.
Before: G engaged 4 Celestials simultaneously, one shot killed the first one he got his hands on, forced the rest to scatter, absorb the power of the dead Celestial and immediately form Voltron Celestial.

After: Rips apart one Celestial Franklin already injured, goes *** for tat with another Celestial but looks no better than roughly equal

Horrificus
Originally posted by kgkg
You are wrong. Good argument.

Care to explain which parts of my post were wrong?

Maybe you can show how intelligent the GE was.
Or, perhaps, you can show that there were no other entities attacking the 616'ers that were holding back the GE at the same time.
It would be awesome if you could show the different powers that GE had!
Maybe, some of the strategic measures that GE used?
Can you show me the scan that explains that GE's powers were all his own, instead of him being fed power from other entities, as if he were just a "weapon"?
Did the GE get into the 616?
Who did he fight?
How did he destroy 616 abstracts?
Was GE fighting alone?

Seriously. These are just questions I have. Maybe you can help.

By the way, Franklin has the ability to receive power from all other incarnations of himself, across time and space.

That's a big deal.

zopzop
Originally posted by Horrificus
Good argument.

Care to explain which parts of my post were wrong?

Maybe you can show how intelligent the GE was.
Or, perhaps, you can show that there were no other entities attacking the 616'ers that were holding back the GE at the same time.
It would be awesome if you could show the different powers that GE had!
Maybe, some of the strategic measures that GE used?
Can you show me the scan that explains that GE's powers were all his own, instead of him being fed power from other entities, as if he were just a "weapon"?
Did the GE get into the 616?
Who did he fight?
How did he destroy 616 abstracts?
Was GE fighting alone?

Seriously. These are just questions I have. Maybe you can help.

By the way, Franklin has the ability to receive power from all other incarnations of himself, across time and space.

That's a big deal.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

/ignored

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
roll eyes (sarcastic)

/ignored Yeah. That's a bad sign.

Cogito
Originally posted by TheRavager
Based on what?

Based on 4-planet fed Galactus performing better against 4 Celestials than Adult Franklin did against 3?

Against 4 Celestials Galactus defeated one. Against 3 Celestials Franklin defeated one. Can you really definitively say that Galactus was greater based on that?

Based on 4-planet fed Galactus forcing the Celestials to merge to defeat him, something they didn't do with Franklin even when they had the opportunity? We don't know that the Celestials had the opportunity. Galactus defeated one of the Celestials. Then the Celestials used that defeated one as part of the merger. After Sol's Anvil was fired, that previously damaged/destroyed Celestial was shown to be significantly more damaged. We don't know that they could form the Voltron Celestial again after that, nor do we know that they had the time, nor do we know if Franklin would have let them. Galactus may have been able to stop them from forming it if he had known it was within their powerset.

I found it pretty obvious that 4-planet fed Galactus was > than the Franklin-revived Galactus, and by a seeming pretty wide margin.
Why? Galactus before he died killed a single Celestial. Galactus afterwards destroyed another, and tore open a hole in a third. What makes you think he was stronger before?

Just look at the before/after performance.
Before: G engaged 4 Celestials simultaneously, one shot killed the first one he got his hands on, forced the rest to scatter, absorb the power of the dead Celestial and immediately form Voltron Celestial.
Wrong.

Before: Galactus eyebeams a Celestial, then it cuts to Reed & Co. while Galactus presumably is still fighting. Then Galactus does an unknown amount of damage to the face of the Celesial he had eyebeamed in the face before.
After: Sol's Anvil clearly did more damage to the previously "dead" Celestial than did Galactus. Franklin revives Galactus using child Franklin's energy. Galactus, now alive again, one shots a Celestial and blows a hole in the chest of the last with his eye beams.

I'll repeat: Galactus before eyebeamed a Celestial in the face and there was no apparent damage. After, Galactus eyebeamed a Celestial in the chest and blew a hole through him.

I'm not trying to make the claim that Franklin was greater than Galactus there, because IMO that's not supported on panel. I think the evidence points to them being equals, and IMO that's what Hickman wanted. That's why each of them resurrected the other and were buddy-buddy peers in later issues.

I'll post scans later

Cogito
I'll post scans later

And here they come...

The effect of Galactus' eye beams before he died:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Before-GalactusEyebeams.jpg
And after:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_After-Galactusdestroys2.jpg
Recap: Before, no noticeable effect. After, hole in chest.

Before: Galactus alternative attack (note the visual damage to the Celestial)
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Before-Galactushands.jpg
After: Damage to the same Celestial after it merged to form Voltron and was destroyed by Sol's Anvil. Note that one looks like complete destruction and one doesn't.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Before-SolsAnvileffect.jpg

Again, Galactus attacks with his hands before:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Before-Galactushands.jpg
and after:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_After-Galactusdestroys.jpg

The only (vague) on panel attack that Galactus took before:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Before-Galactusattacked.jpg
And compare that to the attacks Franklin tanked:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Franklin-CelestialTanking1.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Franklin-CelestialTanking2.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_Franklin-CelestialTanking3.jpg

TheRavager
Against 4 Celestials Galactus defeated one. Against 3 Celestials Franklin defeated one. Can you really definitively say that Galactus was greater based on that?

Yes, because 4-planet fed Galactus looked to pose a legitmate threat to Celestials en masse, Adult Franklin did not.

The Celestials had more time to go Voltron against Franklin (specifically during the BFR) than they did against Galactus. The fact that didn't, compounded by Nathaniel's statement on Franklin's chances against them, is pretty telling. Those 3 Celestials would have BEATEN Franklin WITHOUT merging had Galactus not rejoined the fight.

The difference being that Galactus looked to be a DIRECT THREAT to 4 Celestials and the Voltron-merger appeared to be something of an act of desperation on their part. Adult Franklin was clearly on his way to being overwhelmed by 3 Celestials before Galactus was revived.

No, the blue Celestial Galactus eye-beamed isn't the one he killed. The green Celestial Galactus face-palms as he engaged all 4 Celestials is the one he kills.

The implication being that very little time passed and that Galactus one-shot the green Celestial (i.e. the first on he got his hands on, like I said). Galactus face palms the green Celestial as he eye beams the blue Celestial away, the next panel we see Galactus clasp the green Celestial's head then one-shot him. The remaining Celestials then form Voltron out of a clear act of desperation.

Galactus tears open an already damaged Celestial, and looks to be no better than the equal of the Celestial he later eye-beams. Something that can't be said before his resuscitation.

I'll repeat: Galactus before his resuscitation had 4 Celestials on the defensive, after he was no more than the equal of a single Celestial.

Based on what's shown on panel I think a solid case can be made for Adult Franklin being greater than resuscitated Galactus, and 4-planet fed Galactus being greater than Adult Franklin.

Why don't you go ahead and post the whole exchange instead of these selectively chosen scans? There's a lot of context missing from simply comparing damage caused by eye-beams.

Sr J-Bieb
To fix some corrections:

Galactus tanked a shot by at least two Celestials while he was powered up:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_020.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_021.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_022.jpg

Galactus tosses around two Celestials while making them bleed heavy radiation, and takes one out:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-03.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-04.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-05.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-07.jpg

After the ressurection:
Tears apart a Celestial that WAS healed up (if need be, I'll get scans to show so). However, this was his intention. He never tried it previously, so not the most relevant. However badass it was.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/FantasticFour_604_020.jpg

Eyebeams into Eson (which sets up Franklin taking him out). However, this time he actually got injured by Eson as opposed to when he previously tanked what seemed like at least two attacks:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/FantasticFour_604_021.jpg

While I don't believe Galactus was taken out there, and really, how could he since he revived Franklin, it's interesting to note that he was hurt by said attack.

It looks like he lost the 4 planet power up, which makes sense since he would have lost it due to such a devastating attack IMO.

Either way, let's say that 4 planet Galactus was equal-ish to 4 Celestials, let's say that. That would leave Franklin let's be generous again and give him 2 Celestials about.

The Galactus Engine took on Tenebrous, Galactus, Arishem, Aegis and three other Celestials, and possibly more, but let's go with what's on panel. It killed Aegis, and at least ran off the rest except Galactus, who it looked like it was going to take down.

And I rounded up about 6 Celestials worth of power in this thread, while the Galactus Engine was beating 4 actual Celestials (Arishem who is greater than Eson, but I'll call him normal Celestial power), and three Galactus level-ish beings. And all they managed to do that whole fight was "barely hold it in check". Yeah, I can't give the duo the win here.

They could hold it back for an unknown amount of time at their height, but what we saw of the Engine? It's not looking good at all.

And of course, more scans showing who was actually shown to vs the Engine.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Cancerverse%20War/ThanImp_2_032.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Cancerverse%20War/ti-09-10.jpg

As you can see, the Celestial with massive hooks on his shoulders was missing in the second scan. Which makes 7 characters.

Naija boy
Galactus engine wins decisively.

Cogito
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
To fix some corrections:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_020.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_021.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/Fantastic_4_602_022.jpg

Galactus tosses around two Celestials while making them bleed heavy radiation, and takes one out:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-03.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-04.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-05.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-07.jpg

The first one is not an attack. That's just the Celestials showing up. The second one doesn't appear to be Galactus making them "bleed heavy radiation", it's just natural energy emanating around them. It was shown there before they started fighting.

JakeTheBank
Galactus Engine wins, imo.

Mindset
To fix some corrections:

After the ressurection:
Tears apart a Celestial that WAS healed up (if need be, I'll get scans to show so). However, this was his intention. He never tried it previously, so not the most relevant. However badass it was.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/FantasticFour_604_020.jpg

Eyebeams into Eson (which sets up Franklin taking him out). However, this time he actually got injured by Eson as opposed to when he previously tanked what seemed like at least two attacks:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/FantasticFour_604_021.jpg

While I don't believe Galactus was taken out there, and really, how could he since he revived Franklin, it's interesting to note that he was hurt by said attack.

It looks like he lost the 4 planet power up, which makes sense since he would have lost it due to such a devastating attack IMO.

Either way, let's say that 4 planet Galactus was equal-ish to 4 Celestials, let's say that. That would leave Franklin let's be generous again and give him 2 Celestials about.

The Galactus Engine took on Tenebrous, Galactus, Arishem, Aegis and three other Celestials, and possibly more, but let's go with what's on panel. It killed Aegis, and at least ran off the rest except Galactus, who it looked like it was going to take down.

And I rounded up about 6 Celestials worth of power in this thread, while the Galactus Engine was beating 4 actual Celestials (Arishem who is greater than Eson, but I'll call him normal Celestial power), and three Galactus level-ish beings. And all they managed to do that whole fight was "barely hold it in check". Yeah, I can't give the duo the win here.

They could hold it back for an unknown amount of time at their height, but what we saw of the Engine? It's not looking good at all.

And of course, more scans showing who was actually shown to vs the Engine.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Cancerverse%20War/ThanImp_2_032.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Cancerverse%20War/ti-09-10.jpg

As you can see, the Celestial with massive hooks on his shoulders was missing in the second scan. Which makes 7 characters. thumb up

Franklin wins.

Sr J-Bieb
The first one is not an attack. That's just the Celestials showing up. The second one doesn't appear to be Galactus making them "bleed heavy radiation", it's just natural energy emanating around them. It was shown there before they started fighting. Galactus gets blown back by the Celestials merely showing up?

It says right on the page that they're bleeding heavy radiation. Galactus is the only one capable of causing this since he's fighting them.

Cogito
Galactus gets blown back by the Celestials merely showing up? Apparently.

It says right on the page that they're bleeding heavy radiation. Galactus is the only one capable of causing this since he's fighting them. It does say they're bleeding radiation, but they're also bleeding radiation (from the looks of it) before the fighting begins.

Prep-Man
Franklin destroys!

Horrificus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Franklin destroys! Agreed.

TheRavager
Galactus Engine most definitely wins, and easily at that.

It has a FAR better on panel performance against a much more powerful assembly of cosmic beings. Adult Franklin would have zero shot against the Galactus Engine opponents shown in TI.

TheRavager
Apparently.

A interpretation that requires considerable reaching and fuzzy logic.

Why are only two Celestials shown with Kirby crackle after Galactus was blasted?

Oh that's right, the guy that moments later went at 4 of these Celestials head-on was knocked back by their mere arrival.

That's the logical interpretation of the scene. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.