Iron Man vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Both get a GL ring. Both train separately with Hal Jordan for 3 months. They also keep their standard equipment for fight (i.e. armor, shield, etc). Who wins?

Cogito
Cap...easily.

JakeTheBank
Cap's will is phenomenal, but if Tony is allowed to keep his suit as well as the ring and have them work in tandem, he'd likely win.

Either that, or Steve's will just obliterates him anyway.

red sabre
Cap stomps, his will power is too much

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Either that, or Steve's will just obliterates him anyway.
thumb up

the ninjak
Cap is the epitome of a perfect will. Heck he even used Mjolnir.

Tony's an alcoholic who is battling losing his humanity to becoming a machine.

Cap in an epic stomp.

h1a8
Steve's will is greater and thus will have stronger constructs.
But I think Tony's imagination for weaponry and defense would be greater since he already designs a bazillion different types of weapons and shields. Plus Tony also knows physics well, which can help in designing his constructs so that his will is less dependent on them. Cap would be more simple with his constructs.

IMO Iron Man wins. The armor just adds extra protection just in case Steve can breach his shields construct.

red sabre
Originally posted by h1a8
Steve's will is greater and thus will have stronger constructs.
But I think Tony's imagination for weaponry and defense would be greater since he already designs a bazillion different types of weapons and shields. Plus Tony also knows physics well, which can help in designing his constructs so that his will is less dependent on them. Cap would be more simple with his constructs.

IMO Iron Man wins. The armor just adds extra protection just in case Steve can breach his shields construct.

dude with the will power cap possess he will just create a big ol fist that will bust open tony constructs along with his armor along with his mustach

StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't Tony be more crafty and creative with his ring?

cdtm
Spite against Cap.

Cap probably has a stronger will (Which isn't saying much, considering he's being compared to a booze hound), but Starks tech knowledge more than makes up for it. Just think of the insane armors and gimmicks he could build now, without worrying about the limits of modern technology or materials.

JakeTheBank
There's no "probably" about it.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There's no "probably" about it.

Well, the other way of assessing his alcoholic problem is that it takes a very strong will to stay on the wagon.

And to his credit, he's done just that, so his will should at least be capable or matching an elite GL. Once you're at that level, it really less about pure willpower and more about tactics, strategy, and knowing how to use the ring.

I'd bet Sinestro isn't as strong willed as Kyle Rayner, given Rayners past feats of pure will like creating fully sentient constructs and maintaining them, but Sin craps all over him in a fight.

JakeTheBank
I don't think Stark has "low" willpower at all, but Cap's will is in another league.

abhilegend
There is no such thing as "spite against cap".

red sabre
Originally posted by cdtm
Spite against Cap.

Cap probably has a stronger will (Which isn't saying much, considering he's being compared to a booze hound), but Starks tech knowledge more than makes up for it. Just think of the insane armors and gimmicks he could build now, without worrying about the limits of modern technology or materials.

dude why must you be wrong at everything? even when the answer is so obvious you still manage to be on the wrong side?

lets see both characters get an item that its power is based on the freakin will power, captain america is the definition of will power itself is going up against a drunken playboy geee i wonder who the hell is going to win its so hard i just cant make up my mind

red sabre
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, the other way of assessing his alcoholic problem is that it takes a very strong will to stay on the wagon.

And to his credit, he's done just that, so his will should at least be capable or matching an elite GL. Once you're at that level, it really less about pure willpower and more about tactics, strategy, and knowing how to use the ring.

I'd bet Sinestro isn't as strong willed as Kyle Rayner, given Rayners past feats of pure will like creating fully sentient constructs and maintaining them, but Sin craps all over him in a fight.

wtf? his will power can match an elite GL because he didnt lose himself into becoming a complete alcoholic homless bum? no expression no expression no expression

the fact he has alcohol problem alone is already a down fall for him because if he had a strong will he wouldnt be an alcoholic in the first place because he would have to will power to just drop it , and somehow you compare him to an elite GL ???

its like you think there is some kind of law that say any super hero automatically has a peak will power , thats not the case.

it doesnt matter what structors tony create or what he will try to do because cap will only need to create a fist form with his GL and when he punch tony with that power he will bust his constructs, his armor, his mustach, and his ansestors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.