Odin vs Thanos vs Mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
3 way all out battle. No prep. Fought in an open desert flat, however no-one can leave. No teamwork.

They are fighting for ownership of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Who is last standing?

PillarofOsiris
Odin. And why is Thanos here? It might as well be Odin vs Mephisto.

TheGodKiller
Odin .

Kid Kurdy
Yeah what's Thanos doing here ?

JakeTheBank
Odin.

quanchi112
Thanos.

Sundipped
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Odin. And why is Thanos here? It might as well be Odin vs Mephisto.

I think Thanos would have a good shot vs Mephisto outside his realm.

Silent Master
Odin wins

the Darkone
Odin wins

leonidas
Originally posted by Sundipped
I think Thanos would have a good shot vs Mephisto outside his realm.

definitely. mephisto was terrified of thanos at one point. i'm inclined to say odin unless thanos and mephisto team up--then it could be very different. i always thought odin>mephisto. now-a-days i'm a little less certain. mephisto did a lot better against galactus than odin did. he also has loads of feats. still, i'd probably say odin still edges him out and wins this, without the team up that would almost inevitably occur imo.

Dream Stuff
I don't get why people keep putting Thanos in fights against Odin. Few fights in all of comics have been as clearly, rationally depicted and decisive and theirs. And yet some people treat them like they're basically equals.

Anyway, I give Odin the win over Mephisto.

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
definitely. mephisto was terrified of thanos at one point. i'm inclined to say odin unless thanos and mephisto team up--then it could be very different. i always thought odin>mephisto. now-a-days i'm a little less certain. mephisto did a lot better against galactus than odin did. he also has loads of feats. still, i'd probably say odin still edges him out and wins this, without the team up that would almost inevitably occur imo. This.
Outside his realm Thanos would take Mephisto.

Sr J-Bieb
Mephisto has really good feats... really really good ones. And then he has really bad feats.

I mean the guy ****ing retconned Spider-Man, turned Mjolnir into goo, and made slaves out of beings that Bor was terrified of.

However, on average he'd lose to Thanos everywhere. At his best vs Odin's best? Interesting battle.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Yeah what's Thanos doing here ?

He's kicking ass and taking names.

Bouboumaster
Where's the fight happening?

Mephisto is aguarbly the weakest of the three on Earth.

I see an epic duel between Odin and Thanos. If Thanos is still rejected by Death (and by default, immortal), he wins, because he'll eventually outlast Odin. If not, I see Odin prevailling, having the best fire output from those two.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
I don't get why people keep putting Thanos in fights against Odin. Few fights in all of comics have been as clearly, rationally depicted and decisive and theirs. And yet some people treat them like they're basically equals.

Anyway, I give Odin the win over Mephisto.

Thanos, before a couple of upgrades, while not even there to fight in the first place, put up a great fight against Odin and was directly called by Odin to hold similar reserves of 'nigh-infinite' power in him in comparison to his own.

Why the phuck wouldn't Thanos be an even better fight for Odin now?

Hyperion Prime
Odin wins this.

Silent Master
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thanos, before a couple of upgrades, while not even there to fight in the first place, put up a great fight against Odin and was directly called by Odin to hold similar reserves of 'nigh-infinite' power in him in comparison to his own.

Why the phuck wouldn't Thanos be an even better fight for Odin now?

Last I checked, Thanos was getting his butt handed to him for the entire fight and ended up needing several panels just to struggle back to his feet.

That doesn't sound like "putting up a great fight".

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Silent Master
Last I checked, Thanos was getting his butt handed to him for the entire fight and ended up needing several panels just to struggle back to his feet.

That doesn't sound like "putting up a great fight".

On the other hand, Thanos got upgrads since then, and he wasn't out there to kill Odin; just to get his attention.

Silent Master
Great, maybe this time it'll take an extra 2 pages before Thanos needs several panels just to struggle back to his feet.

JakeTheBank
Thanos not being able to die doesn't mean Odin can't kick his ass and knock him out.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thanos not being able to die doesn't mean Odin can't kick his ass and knock him out. You must be new around here then. thanduros

Naija boy
Odin wins unless it is a high end Mephisto.

JakeTheBank
A high end Mephisto would make this interesting.

A likewise high end Odin would edge him out ultimately, though.

Naija boy
Thats probably true.

Bouboumaster
Thanos not being able to die doesn't mean Odin can't kick his ass and knock him out.

Last time I checked, Odin don't use either his fists or his feet; he uses his damn head. With mitxed results.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Last time I checked, Odin don't use either his fists or his feet; he uses his damn head. With mitxed results.

Is this supposed to be a rebuttal?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mephisto and Thanos would VERY likely team up and take out Odin... Then from there.. who knows... prob mephisto

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by armedforbattle
No teamwork.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Mephisto and Thanos would VERY likely team up and take out Odin... Then from there.. who knows... prob mephisto

Originally posted by armedforbattle
3 way all out battle. No prep. Fought in an open desert flat, however no-one can leave. No teamwork.

They are fighting for ownership of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Who is last standing?

KuRuPT Thanosi
If that's the case... High End Mephisto is above High End Odin. On average showings.. Odin would take it.

Also, you guys can quote the no teamwork thing.. but that train of thought makes NO sense. Is the OP claiming he wants them all just to stand there and fire at one another but never the same person more than once and keep alternating your fire. That is retarded and not what he had in mind. If Thanos and Odin are going at it.. what mephisto can't attack anybody because then it's teamwork? Please. It's funny though that you guys tried to correct me. There will always be a team up in a fight like this... unless of course the OP wanted the ridiculous scenerio I laid out...

JakeTheBank
How is High End Mephisto > High End Odin?

I didn't make the OP, so don't complain to me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
right but you and I both know that the OP didn't mean for it to be the scenerio I just describe... because that is the only way it would never end up being any team-up

Mephiisto doing better against Galactus than Odin did.. in fact MUCH better... Mephisto enslaving people in Odin's league with ease are just two examples.... Mephisto has lower showings.. which is why I said on average Odin has better showings... Yet their bench mark against Galactus i.e. higher end.. isn't even close.

JakeTheBank
right but you and I both know that the OP didn't mean for it to be the scenerio I just describe... because that is the only way it would never end up being any team-up

Mephiisto doing better against Galactus than Odin did.. in fact MUCH better... Mephisto enslaving people in Odin's league with ease are just two examples.... Mephisto has lower showings.. which is why I said on average Odin has better showings... Yet their bench mark against Galactus i.e. higher end.. isn't even close.

That's ABC logic and Mephisto also had the benefit of being inside his realm which he doesn't have in this fight. Odin's high end feats have him shaking the fabric of reality and effecting the multiverse and his death causes the Living Tribunal to take notice for a moment.

Using Galactus as the sole benchmark as to why Mephisto > Odin, is incredibly faulty and for obvious reason.

The Sorrow
Odin

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's ABC logic and Mephisto also had the benefit of being inside his realm which he doesn't have in this fight. Odin's high end feats have him shaking the fabric of reality and effecting the multiverse and his death causes the Living Tribunal to take notice for a moment.

Using Galactus as the sole benchmark as to why Mephisto > Odin, is incredibly faulty and for obvious reason.

Ummm that isn't close to true... People use the term ABC logic as if it's a bad thing that proves very little. When in fact, it's the EXACT opposite. There is NO better gauge for how someone would do against another when both have faced the same person. If you ask me who has a better chance against Galactus.. Odin for Tyrant... the answer is clear because we have the best available evidence to determine that available... their actually fights with said person and who did better. That isn't abc logic.. that is pretty concrete logical deduction based on actually vs. matches. Taking that further.. if you ask me... who has the better chance against Tyrant.. Odin or Galactus.. one hasn't fought Tyrant and the other has... Yet Odin has fought Galactus and got punked... Tyrant fought Galactus and didn't get punked. Thus, it's easy to deduce that galactus would have a better chance against Tyrant but it's not faulty abc logic.

the Darkone
High end Odin sh** stomps High end Mephisto and Thanos!!

Cogito
As a general rule, if you're going to use ABC logic (and you shouldn't), you should never use Galactus or the Spectre as a benchmark.

Terryc250
Galactus is one of the only characters you can't really use as a benchmark since his power is so inconsistent. Galactus might've skipped lunch when he fought Odin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.