Producers Say The Amazing Spider-Man Can Join The Avengers!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://moviepilot.com/409702-producers-say-the-amazing-spider-man-can-join-the-avengers?stream=latest

I wonder what the chances are of this ever actually happening now. Spidey in for Avengers 2? Yes please.

Also, Oscorp apparently almost had a spot in the New York Skyline in Avengers. That little Spidey cameo almost made it in but the idea was scrapped because of time constraints.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61478

Lord Shadow Z
Not with that godawful costume and any participation will heavily lean on how good he is in his own movie.

I would welcome Spider-Man in the Avengers though, I'm just wanting it to be planned right.

marwash22
not gonna happen.

BruceSkywalker
they only way i see Spiderman in Avengers 2 will be if Spiderman is a flop.. there is no need right now for him to be in the upcoming sequel, in fact Spiderman would get slaughtered going up against Thanos

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
they only way i see Spiderman in Avengers 2 will be if Spiderman is a flop.. there is no need right now for him to be in the upcoming sequel, in fact Spiderman would get slaughtered going up against Thanos To be fair, I'm pretty sure the entire Avengers team would get slaughtered going up against Thanos. Spidey would probably last a while longer than the majority of the team, if they are all dumb enough for a head on confrontation (which they probably will be). If the next Spidey movie does him justice, I would love for this Spidey to join the Avengers, or just team up for a bit.

marwash22
I don't get why people evn want this to happen so badly. There are plenty of other characters who I'd like to see (and that would be more important/relevant/valuable) join the team before Spidey... namely, Vision, Wanda, T'Challa, Hank and Janet, Ms. Marvel, etc.

And if Disney and Sony are to come to some kind of agreement, I'd much rather the deal involve the F4 characters or X-men characters (especially Storm).

Spidey isn't even an integral member and is seen mostly as a nuisance.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by marwash22
I don't get why people evn want this to happen so badly. There are plenty of other characters who I'd like to see (and that would be more important/relevant/valuable) join the team before Spidey... namely, Vision, Wanda, T'Challa, Hank and Janet, Ms. Marvel, etc.

And if Disney and Sony are to come to some kind of agreement, I'd much rather the deal involve the F4 characters or X-men characters (especially Storm).

I agree, as mostly a DC reader I would like to see more of those characters to just get up to speed on them. I'm fairly okay with Spider-Man though I wouldn't back myself in a quiz on him. big grin

F4 and X-Men may be a bit too much character overload with the Avengers team. If, anything they are already set as 'teams' on their own right. I wouldn't say no to brown & tan costumed Wolverine though! (Jackman would have to go though because he's never wearing it)

marwash22
i didn't mean have all the f4 or X-men characters in an Avengers movie, just have them in the same universe. Storm is really the only X-men character who needs to be in an Avengers movie... and that's only if they are definitely adding Panther to the universe.

DARTH POWER
I don't get why people evn want this to happen so badly.

Because he's Marvel's Icon character.

in fact Spiderman would get slaughtered going up against Thanos

What worse than Cap, Hawkeye or Widow would?? Nah.

Spidey's useful. With his Spidersense helping him to avoid danger, he would probably actually be one of the last to go down!

Lord Shadow Z
i didn't mean have all the f4 or X-men characters in an Avengers movie, just have them in the same universe. Storm is really the only X-men character who needs to be in an Avengers movie... and that's only if they are definitely adding Panther to the universe.

Ah, my mistake. Did you like Berry's performance as Storm? Who do you think should play her now if she were to be in the Avengers?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the entire Avengers team would get slaughtered going up against Thanos. Spidey would probably last a while longer than the majority of the team, if they are all dumb enough for a head on confrontation (which they probably will be). If the next Spidey movie does him justice, I would love for this Spidey to join the Avengers, or just team up for a bit.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Because he's Marvel's Icon character.

What worse than Cap, Hawkeye or Widow would?? Nah.

Spidey's useful. With his Spidersense helping him to avoid danger, he would probably actually be one of the last to go down!

at least they can hold their own since no one knows exactly what andrew garfield Spidey can do yet..

which is why I believe the Guardians of the Galaxy will be in the sequel..

marwash22
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Ah, my mistake. Did you like Berry's performance as Storm? Who do you think should play her now if she were to be in the Avengers? no. Halle is hot, but it's always been my opinion that she can't act.

obvious choice is Zoe Saldana... I'd like Yaya Dacosta in the role.

Kerry Washington
Joy Bryant.

wakkawakkawakka

Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Black Panther would be cool,wasn't T'Challa hinted at in Iron Man 2, but Janet an Pym need to stay away: especially Janet though this is mostly coming from my recent dislike of th EMH version of her.

Can't really see Spider-man in this Avenger-verse but Whenton could probably squeeze him in.

Esau Cairn
In The Avengers movie, audiences were whispering in anticipation as to when the Hulk was coming...in this sense, Spidey should just swing in mid-movie & join the battle...much to the Avengers surprise & nuisance.

I can see Spidey more useful in helping & saving the likes of BlackWidow & Hawkeye in battle.

And I really think that Janet & Pym would not be taken seriously on the big screen.

DARTH POWER
at least they can hold their own since no one knows exactly what andrew garfield Spidey can do yet..

Lol I'm guessing he will have the proportional strength, speed and agility of a Giant sized Spider but in a Human's body. Plus I'm guessing he can shoot webs.

But seriously just from what we've in the trailer I'd say he's much more useful than BW and Hawkeye combined, and most probably more useful than Cap.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I can see Spidey more useful in helping & saving the likes of BlackWidow & Hawkeye in battle.

He would also be more useful than Captain America or Black Panther Imo.

Flyattractor
is it just me or does the new Peter parker kind of look like Edward from twilight....only with actual skin tone.

the ninjak
It's just the hair.

Esau Cairn
Apparently there's a rumour to that Disney may re-release the Director's Cut of The Avengers back on the big screen with about 35 minutes more of footage not shown...

Ridley_Prime
It's the movie version of DLC I tell you.

Robtard
If he does, it will likely just be a humorous cameo, or possibly at the end of the film's main action sequence. Jumps in, webs a motherfucer, *zam* *bing* *pow* jumps the **** out.

RE: Blaxican
I wouldn't mind seeing Spiderman pop in just long enough to be offered a spot on the team and then turn it down.

Him not wanting to have to give up his real identity could be the angle (would also be a nice head-nod to the civil war event).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
is it just me or does the new Peter parker kind of look like Edward from twilight....only with actual skin tone.

both are british, hopefully garfield is the better actor which may or may not mean much..

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Apparently there's a rumour to that Disney may re-release the Director's Cut of The Avengers back on the big screen with about 35 minutes more of footage not shown...

read that and if true, will see it at least 3 or 4 more times..

Kazenji
both are british, hopefully garfield is the better actor which may or may not mean much..

Andrew has better films under his belt compared to Pattinson.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Andrew has better films under his belt compared to Pattinson.

films i haven't seen , but will judge his acting after i see spiderman

Lord Shadow Z
no. Halle is hot, but it's always been my opinion that she can't act.

obvious choice is Zoe Saldana... I'd like Yaya Dacosta in the role.

Kerry Washington
Joy Bryant.

I'm familiar with Saldana (not personally unfortunately big grin ) from The Losers , haven't seen Avatar. I think she could do it but the problem for me when casting the X-Men I always return to the 90s cartoon and how good the voices were. They've infuenced me ever since when reading the comics too.

Storm especially had that deep, rhythmic voice. So good.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Flyattractor

He looks a lot more like Andy Murray, the tennis player.

DARTH POWER
films i haven't seen , but will judge his acting after i see spiderman

You not seen the Social Network?? It's a great movie and Garfield's really good in it.

Originally posted by Robtard
If he does, it will likely just be a humorous cameo, or possibly at the end of the film's main action sequence. Jumps in, webs a motherfucer, *zam* *bing* *pow* jumps the **** out.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I wouldn't mind seeing Spiderman pop in just long enough to be offered a spot on the team and then turn it down.

Him not wanting to have to give up his real identity could be the angle (would also be a nice head-nod to the civil war event).

If they strike a deal to include him it will be a big role.

BruceSkywalker
You not seen the Social Network?? It's a great movie and Garfield's really good in it.

No never.. I couldn't care less how Facebook was created

DARTH POWER
I'm thinking if they have Spiderman join the team, it probably won't be as early as Avengers 2. Perhaps just a cameo in A2, to show he exists in their Universe, but then a big role in A3.

End of the day Spidey's the no. 1 single selling and most recognizable character in Marvel. If they can somehow include him in Marvel's Uber team, they should.

But I'm not expecting it to happen over night. There will be at least 2 sequels to Avengers and 2 to TAS, all of which are going to be hugely successful on their own, so there's no rush to merge the 2. But I think (am hoping) it will happen eventually.

Kazenji
No never.. I couldn't care less how Facebook was created

So did many other people but it turns out that movie was enjoyable.

jinXed by JaNx

I agree. I think an X-men crossover in an Avengers movie would be the better and more logical way to go, especially if Thanos is to be the next Villain. However, you ask why people would want to see Spiderman in an Avengers movie. It's because he is a comic book icon. I would venture to bet that the majority of younger Marvel fans have never even heard of the other characters you mentioned. Including Spiderman in the Avengers line up guarantees a blockbuster. People would be much more excited to see an Avengers movie that has Spiderman than, Hank Pym. I don't care one way or the other because i have lost faith in, Marvel to produce anything other than a flashy light show.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I agree. I think an X-men crossover in an Avengers movie would be the better and more logical way to go, especially if Thanos is to be the next Villain. However, you ask why people would want to see Spiderman in an Avengers movie. It's because he is a comic book icon. I would venture to bet that the majority of younger Marvel fans have never even heard of the other characters you mentioned. Including Spiderman in the Avengers line up guarantees a blockbuster. People would be much more excited to see an Avengers movie that has Spiderman than, Hank Pym. I don't care one way or the other because i have lost faith in, Marvel to produce anything other than a flashy light show.

Spidey might be an icon but that alone shouldn't put him in an Avengers film.. if they ever did then first in his own film should be something that puts him in the shared universe that already has Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow..

also if anything Marvel should wait and see how exactly his own film is going to do and then wait even more until after Avengers 2 comes out and wait for Avengers 3

jinXed by JaNx
I agree with that. It would make much more sense to introduce spidey in a third film. I just hope Avengers 2 is going to have an antagonist that would give reason for the rest of the Marvel universe (heroes) to take notice and join the fray.

DARTH POWER
^ From what I've heard Joss Whedon say they're looking to include more Women in the Avengers for now.

And I agree if Spidey is going to join it will be in a third film (by which point Robert Downey will most likely be tired of playing Iron Man).

I don't agree on X-Men joining the fray, it will be too many characters, and would be complicated saying the X-Men and Avengers are both in the same movie universe, as they both have their own large and complex Universe's as it is.

A Spidey/X-Men crossover would make more sense to me, but too many companies involved to make that happen.

Kazenji
^ From what I've heard Joss Whedon say they're looking to include more Women in the Avengers for now.

Kinda makes sense with Whedon's with all the other female character's in his tv shows.

DARTH POWER
Kinda makes sense with Whedon's with all the other female character's in his tv shows.

Yep. But also there's already 6 men on the team(including Fury and Hawkeye). I don't really want more men, because then others will lose out.

Even in A1 we've already had Thor less involved than he should have been taking a back seat to Hulk and Iron Man. So I really don't want more men on the team, diluting Thor and possibly Cap's role further.

marwash22
They should have Widow and Hawkeye leave the team.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I agree with that. It would make much more sense to introduce spidey in a third film. I just hope Avengers 2 is going to have an antagonist that would give reason for the rest of the Marvel universe (heroes) to take notice and join the fray.

Thanos should be the villain and the other heroes should be the Guardians of the Galaxy which should be spun into their own film

And I agree if Spidey is going to join it will be in a third film (by which point Robert Downey will most likely be tired of playing Iron Man).

I don't agree on X-Men joining the fray, it will be too many characters, and would be complicated saying the X-Men and Avengers are both in the same movie universe, as they both have their own large and complex Universe's as it is.

A Spidey/X-Men crossover would make more sense to me, but too many companies involved to make that happen.

Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Tigra would be interesting, but for me it would depend on who plays them

Kazenji
Supposedly Black Widow is getting a solo film, Whedon should also direct that one... i can see it screwing up with anybody else.

BruceSkywalker
Supposedly Black Widow is getting a solo film, Whedon should also direct that one... i can see it screwing up with anybody else.

thats most likely true, remember a black widow has been in developmental hell fir years, but no that she has had success, its time for her own film

marwash22
Black WidowOriginally posted by Kazenji
solo film http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m192/Kzoh/758969_o.gif

Kazenji
Your popular?.....good for you.

marwash22
huh? i was saying that nobody wants to see a solo Black Widow movie and it's a terrible idea.

Impediment
I was saying that nobody wants to see a solo Black Widow movie and it's a terrible idea.

Agreed.

Should Spidey ever get to become a reserve Avenger, or just make a quick and cool cameo, I would think it to be awesometastic.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Impediment
Agreed.

Should Spidey ever get to become a reserve Avenger, or just make a quick and cool cameo, I would think it to be awesometastic.

I'm guessing if Sony and Marvel came to an agreement on this it would only be on the condition that Spidey has a large role and not some quick cameo.

IIRC in the comics he's been a reserve member for a long time, but in more recent years him and Wolverine were full fledged members of the New Avengers.

roughrider
There are dozens of other Avengers characters Marvel Studios has easy access to, that have never gotten any screen time. I'm not hung up on Spidey making an appearance; especially since he spent the first 40+ years of his comics life as a non-Avenger.

BruceSkywalker
huh? i was saying that nobody wants to see a solo Black Widow movie and it's a terrible idea.

actually it is not.. they can and should capitalize on scarlet johansson's success in the role. hate all you want , but the studio has the final say

the ninjak

Really?......damn. I was hoping for a sleazing scarlett johansson leak.

Originally posted by roughrider
There are dozens of other Avengers characters Marvel Studios has easy access to, that have never gotten any screen time. I'm not hung up on Spidey making an appearance; especially since he spent the first 40+ years of his comics life as a non-Avenger.

A spidey cameo wouldn't have to mean an attempt at being a member. Just him saving a few lives during the carnage would be enough considering he is New York's defender.

marwash22
actually it is not.. they can and should capitalize on scarlet johansson's success in the role. hate all you want , but the studio has the final say how Am i being a hater? It's not my opinion that the character is the least liked one from the Movie. She's not interesting enough to carry an entire 90 minutes alone. deal with it.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak

A spidey cameo wouldn't have to mean an attempt at being a member. Just him saving a few lives during the carnage would be enough considering he is New York's defender.

I really don't see them going through the hassle of making a contract to have Spidey in the movie, just for a Cameo.

Originally posted by roughrider

Well if Spidey does make it it will probably be the last Avengers movie, so that's about right. Fact is he was a fully fledged member of the New Avengers. Even recent Marvel cartoons have incorporated that.

Also your general audience would love to see Spidey in it. Especially more so than more regular Avengers like Giant Man or Wasp.

Unless the new Spidey movie flops, he's still Marvel's biggest selling character on the Big Screen. And by far the most recognizable. So adding him to the Avengers (eventually at least) makes good business sense. Unless of course the contract to get the rights from Sony gets too complicated.

the ninjak
I really don't see them going through the hassle of making a contract to have Spidey in the movie, just for a Cameo.

People would've crapped their pants if Spidey made a quick save of a few civilians during Avengers. He isn't an Avenger. He's a street defender. It's what he is. Have some class.

BruceSkywalker
how Am i being a hater? It's not my opinion that the character is the least liked one from the Movie. She's not interesting enough to carry an entire 90 minutes alone. deal with it.

you should deal with the fact that she will most likely get her own film and their is not a damn thing you can do about it..

marwash22
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/198/010/tysonreaction.gif

still doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that people are interested in it... which has been my entire point from the start.

i think u need to calm down.

Impediment
I agree that Black Widow isn't a popular enough character to warrant her own spin off film.

BruceSkywalker
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/198/010/tysonreaction.gif

still doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that people are interested in it... which has been my entire point from the start.

i think u need to calm down.

then you should read a lot then you would know things..

there has a been a Black Widow film in developmental hell for the past several years.. Now that the character has had success she will without a shadow of a doubt finally get her own film this time around so being ignorant to that fact won;t change anything.. just because you didn't like Black Widow doesn't meant anything.. Marvel Studios will not be worried about you as they navigate the next round of movies

marwash22
lol. sure thing.

DARTH POWER
People would've crapped their pants if Spidey made a quick save of a few civilians during Avengers.

Yes a great idea if it was that simple. What your not understanding is Marvel don't have the movie rights to Spiderman.

And after putting in the effort to get a contract where they can have him in the film, I doubt they're going to settle for a cameo.

He isn't an Avenger. He's a street defender. It's what he is. Have some class.

Clearly you've never heard of the New Avengers.

Heck even in the classic days he was a reserve member iirc.

Kazenji
then you should read a lot then you would know things..

there has a been a Black Widow film in developmental hell for the past several years.. Now that the character has had success she will without a shadow of a doubt finally get her own film this time around so being ignorant to that fact won;t change anything.. just because you didn't like Black Widow doesn't meant anything.. Marvel Studios will not be worried about you as they navigate the next round of movies

thumb up

JayDaDon
Unless there will be new characters from the marvel universe added, I can't think of one reason I would want to see a black widow movie. Make it R-rated and then they might have my interest.

Esau Cairn
A Black Widow solo will just play out like Tomb Raider, Salt, Columbina & whatever other female heroine that's been done to death already.

Unfortunately.

Mindset
I'd rather see a Hawkeye solo movie, but the new Bourne Identity is coming out so it's basically the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.