what marvel character can put someone into orbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hyperion Prime
With 1 running uppercut which character can put someone into orbit. The target is not fighting back.

1. Thing
2. Gladiator
3. She-Hulk
4. Colossus
5. Sentry
6. Immortal hercules
7. Classic juggernaut
8. Thanos
9. Luke cage
10. Silver Surfer
11. Apocalypse
12. Absorbing man
13. Destroyer
14. Joe fixit hulk
15. Dragon man
16. Kurse
17. Gilgamesh

Can any of these guys do it? Are hulk, Thor and Blue Marvel the only guys that can do it On marvel earth????

Delta1938
Most of them can. Maybe Thing, maybe the Hulk here and maybe Colossus. I don't see Cage doing it. Not sure about Absorbing Man, She-Hulk or Dragon Man.

tkitna
4 (Current)

All could do it. The others i'm unsure of but probably most of them could too.

Bentley
Thing can do it. He has heart.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bentley
Thing can do it. He has heart.

shifty And it will break when he fails miserably. whistle

Endless Mike
Scaling his strength I wouldn't be surprised if Ben could pull it off

Cogito
Ben hits as hard as a car moving 52 MPH.

Fact.

TheGodKiller
Juggernaut .

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Cogito
Ben hits as hard as a car moving 52 MPH.

Fact. And we all have read countless articles about cars bursting into earths orbit at 52mph

Cogito
Originally posted by Parmaniac
And we all have read countless articles about cars bursting into earths orbit at 52mph

I actually knocked someone into orbit on my way home last night embarrasment

Car's in the shop now, really gonna tax my bank account to get it fixed sad

dmills
Rhino has done it.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by dmills
Rhino has done it. He did?

dmills
He did?

Yep.

Parmaniac
Yep. When and where? Scan/s or issue number?

dmills
When and where? Scan/s or issue number?

No.

Parmaniac
ok...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110220200003/glee/images/c/c2/Rachel_mad.gif

dmills
Nova v3 issue 1. Nova and Rhino are slugging it out, Nova gets distracted and then Rhino uppercuts him into space.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
With 1 running uppercut which character can put someone into orbit. The target is not fighting back.

1. Thing
2. Gladiator
3. She-Hulk
4. Colossus
5. Sentry
6. Immortal hercules
7. Classic juggernaut
8. Thanos
9. Luke cage
10. Silver Surfer
11. Apocalypse
12. Absorbing man
13. Destroyer
14. Joe fixit hulk
15. Dragon man
16. Kurse
17. Gilgamesh

Can any of these guys do it? Are hulk, Thor and Blue Marvel the only guys that can do it On marvel earth????

Just my opinion, but I do not think Cage, Colssus (classic I know I didnt state that in OP) or Thing can put someone in Orbit.

I got the idea from the post who in Marvel has put someone in Orbit and was reminded by it when I saw Darkseid put Superman in Orbit in the Movie "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse"

Not a DC fan, but was better than anything Marvel has put out on video in cartoon form. Good movie.

Parmaniac
Nova v3 issue 1. Nova and Rhino are slugging it out, Nova gets distracted and then Rhino uppercuts him into space. thumb up thanks

Colossus-Big C
Colossus fast balled wolverine at a spaceshipe trying to leave earth at full speed and wolverine caught it.

Colossus can definitly do this.

Colossus-Big C
Just my opinion, but I do not think Cage, Colssus (classic I know I didnt state that in OP) or Thing can put someone in Orbit.

I got the idea from the post who in Marvel has put someone in Orbit and was reminded by it when I saw Darkseid put Superman in Orbit in the Movie "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse"

Not a DC fan, but was better than anything Marvel has put out on video in cartoon form. Good movie. Frigging rhino has done it and rhino is class 90.

Everyone does it except maybe cage.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Colossus fast balled wolverine at a spaceshipe trying to leave earth at full speed and wolverine caught it.

Colossus can definitly do this.

Interesting. Colossus might be stronger than I think.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Most can.. we've already seen Thanos do that and more..

srankmissingnin
Other than Cage and maybe Dragonman they can all do it. The real problem is that if these characters hit a person hard enough to knock them into orbit, they would liquify the target and the end would result would be a spray of chunky Campbells Soup into the wind.

Colossus-Big C
Lol true

JayDaDon
Well most times the victim is durable enough to take it stick out tongue

Delta1938
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Most can.. we've already seen Thanos do that and more..

Scans? Not that I doubt Thanos being able to do it, I'd just like to see it myself.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Other than Cage and maybe Dragonman they can all do it. The real problem is that if these characters hit a person hard enough to knock them into orbit, they would liquify the target and the end would result would be a spray of chunky Campbells Soup into the wind.

I think Dragonman can do it. Isn't he class 100. I know he was beating She-hulk and She-thing at once.

The Rhino thing I wasnt aware of. If he can do it.

I wish Marvel would show more orbital hits

Sin I AM
ms marvel can do it

h1a8

1. Thing
2. Gladiator
3. She-Hulk
4. Colossus
5. Sentry
6. Immortal hercules
7. Classic juggernaut
8. Thanos
9. Luke cage
10. Silver Surfer
11. Apocalypse
12. Absorbing man
13. Destroyer
14. Joe fixit hulk
15. Dragon man
16. Kurse
17. Gilgamesh

Can any of these guys do it? Are hulk, Thor and Blue Marvel the only guys that can do it On marvel earth???? Just so you know it that it takes at least millions of tons of force to uppercut someone into orbit from a standstill. And that's neglecting air resistance. With air resistance we would get anywhere from hundreds of millions of tons to somewhat over a billion tons depending on the weight of the object being hit. In that light

1,3,4,9,11,12 (depends on what he absorbs), 14, and 15 all fails epically.
10 might fail if he isn't amped enough.

Delta1938
Originally posted by h1a8
Just so you know it that it takes at least millions of tons of force to uppercut someone into orbit from a standstill. And that's neglecting air resistance. With air resistance we would get anywhere from hundreds of millions of tons to somewhat over a billion tons depending on the weight of the object being hit. In that light

So, where are these scientific testing examples where someone somehow survived being uppercutted with enough force to send them into orbit?

Silent Master
As has been mentioned, Ms Marvel has done it and IIRC she was around cl 50 at the time.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Silent Master
As has been mentioned, Ms Marvel has done it and IIRC she was around cl 50 at the time.

She was a binary at the time And she was class 100 +

Silent Master
I stand corrected.

h1a8
Originally posted by Delta1938
So, where are these scientific testing examples where someone somehow survived being uppercutted with enough force to send them into orbit?

Are you implying that scientific examples are needed to prove that it would take millions of tons of force to send a very durable humanoid being into orbit from an uppercut without air resistance?

eaebiakuya
Scans? Not that I doubt Thanos being able to do it, I'd just like to see it myself.

Same . I dont remember this happened.

zopzop
Rachel Summer/Phoenix did it to Nova (Herald of Galactus). Rachell hit Nova so hard she knocked her into space and the only thing that stopped her was when she crashed into the moon.

Cogito
Just so you know it that it takes at least millions of tons of force to uppercut someone into orbit from a standstill. And that's neglecting air resistance. With air resistance we would get anywhere from hundreds of millions of tons to somewhat over a billion tons depending on the weight of the object being hit. In that light

confused

The Thing punched Namor into the Helicarrier with the force of a car traveling 52 MPH.

That's like, halfway to space. All anyone here would have to do is be able to punch as hard as a car moving 104 MPH

Delta1938
Are you implying that scientific examples are needed to prove that it would take millions of tons of force to send a very durable humanoid being into orbit from an uppercut without air resistance?

I'm implying you wrote it like you've read-up on a scientific study. Especially with the, "without air resistance" part.

KingD19
Skaar hit Hulk with 100 Trillion tons of force, yet he didn't reach orbit.

These are comic books. Stop trying to apply real world physics to them.

h1a8
Originally posted by Cogito
confused

The Thing punched Namor into the Helicarrier with the force of a car traveling 52 MPH.

That's like, halfway to space. All anyone here would have to do is be able to punch as hard as a car moving 104 MPH

Thing punched Namor with the force of a car traveling 52mph? That makes no sense. Show me scans of what you are talking about?

Also the helicarrier is not halfway to orbit. Not even close. It's usually seen on par with the clouds (about 3 miles high). A low stable orbit is easily above 200 miles.

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
Skaar hit Hulk with 100 Trillion tons of force, yet he didn't reach orbit.

These are comic books. Stop trying to apply real world physics to them. Prove that he hit him with that amount of force and that it was a vertical hit (not a horizontal one).

I'm implying you wrote it like you've read-up on a scientific study. Especially with the, "without air resistance" part.

I studied physics with some aerodynamics. So I know exactly how to calculate the force needed to launch an object to X height or with Y initial velocity.

Colossus-Big C
actually it was verticle, and it was 100 trillion tons, he absorbed that power from earth. it was cause by hulks mere footsteps while walking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.