Thanos vs DC Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
http://mimg.ugo.com/201005/45060/cuts/ugo-50al-thanos_288x288.jpg

vs

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/Pictures/Superman_Benes_002.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/f/ff/Orion_009.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2rc_SVVQDZU/TglaIZEkn9I/AAAAAAAAD6E/64NSNlGhnrc/s1600/Hal%2BJordan.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2009/10/sinestro2.jpg

Nihilist
Why do you create so many Thanos threads?

PillarofOsiris
Team DC wins.

SquallX
You put four high heralds against Thanos, when each of these guys alone can best him or tied with him in a fight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
when each of these guys alone can best him or tied with him in a fight.

That's extremely debatable to say the least.

Damborgson
Leaning towards team

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by SquallX
You put four high heralds against Thanos, when each of these guys alone can best him or tied with him in a fight.

A high herald can solo him? Since when?

quanchi112
Thanos, decisively.

Delta1938
Thanos gets owned. This is almost spite, Keith. Good pictures though.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins. Look what he did to Surfer. He'll tame those four the same way.

Delta1938
And Surfer=Superman, Orion, an elite GL and Sinestro?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Delta1938
And Surfer=Superman, Orion, an elite GL and Sinestro?

No. But Thanos owned a kitten, and he'll own four of them too.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
No. But Thanos owned a kitten, and he'll own four of them too.

Well then, I guess Thanos likes to be 4 kittens every time he gets owned. Hopefully he adopts a rescue one. I'd suggest Pet Pardons to find one if I could get the message to him.

carver9
Thanos wins but Hulk will be soloing Thanos in Avengers.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/7/17/59d4930f-b933-4ba4-9209-0362578dfc2c.jpg

Damborgson

You couldn't resist. laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
You couldn't resist. laughing

Happy Dance it has to happen. Quan would jump off a skyscraper head first if it happens.

Delta1938
Happy Dance it has to happen. Quan would jump off a skyscraper head first if it happens.

It'd be great to see Quan put in his place, but don't get your hopes-up buddy. I remember Hulk fans were expecting Hulk to beat Zeus, too.

Plus, even if Hulk wins, Starlin will probably come in a week later and retcon it. But we'll always have Squirrel Girl!!

quanchi112
Thanos wins but Hulk will be soloing Thanos in Avengers. Remember when you thought Hulk might beat Thanos in Avengers Assemble ? How did that turn out for you ? It's always fun to rub reality in your face.Originally posted by Delta1938
Thanos gets owned. This is almost spite, Keith. Good pictures though. I'd love to hear you try to make a case. Let's hear it.

Delta1938
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'd love to hear you try to make a case. Let's hear it.

You being on the opposite side is more than enough proof that I'm right.

quanchi112
You being on the opposite side is more than enough proof that I'm right. So you can't make a case. Concession accepted.

abhilegend
Team.

celeyhyga17
Thanos

Delta1938
So you can't make a case. Concession accepted.

It's not that I can't make a case, it's that there's no point. You're annoying enough with your stubbornness and "DURRRRRRRRRRR" factor in general. But add Thanos into the mix? Think about how Carver would be if suddenly he found-out Living Tribunal had fused Hulk and Wolverine together. Only worse. There'd simply be too much blood going somewhere else for the brain to properly function.

That's what you're like with Thanos.

By the way, you singling me out seems like you're stalking me after all those claims of "you waited for me." But then again, you imagined me in a cheerleader outfit and lied about your reaction.

Nihilist
Only Superman and Orion are a problem.

Thanos takes it after long brutal fight

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist

Don't think it's gonna be that long. The ringslingers go down fairly easy. The other two not too long after. Pruneface eats heralds for breakfast.

Delta1938

So why aren't Hal and Sinestro a problem?

Nihilist
So why aren't Hal and Sinestro a problem? Because they dont have really anything that can hurt/take Thanos down.

Delta1938
Because they dont have really anything that can hurt/take Thanos down.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Either can SOLO STOMP Thanos by making dozens of Wolverine constructs to slice and dice purple puss.

DEAL WITH IT. miffed

quanchi112
It's not that I can't make a case, it's that there's no point. You're annoying enough with your stubbornness and "DURRRRRRRRRRR" factor in general. But add Thanos into the mix? Think about how Carver would be if suddenly he found-out Living Tribunal had fused Hulk and Wolverine together. Only worse. There'd simply be too much blood going somewhere else for the brain to properly function.

That's what you're like with Thanos.

By the way, you singling me out seems like you're stalking me after all those claims of "you waited for me." But then again, you imagined me in a cheerleader outfit and lied about your reaction. You can't debate or even make a case. This confirms it. Thanos ftw.

BullwinkleMoose
Thanos wins assuming regular Orion.

However, if it is Orion in his true form, then he wins by stepping on Thanos

Delta1938
You can't debate or even make a case. This confirms it. Thanos ftw.

Nope, I just don't feel like slamming my head into a brick wall repeatedly. Team wins. And stop stalking me gramps.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That's extremely debatable to say the least. I think your choice of words should've been that its idiotic to say the least buddy

KuRuPT Thanosi

The Heroes always win in the end... but already it's 1-0 to Thanos and he is taking out the avengers with a MERE THOUGHT. Even if them beat him in the end.. which they probably will.. Thanos is already up 1-0 and part of that victory is mindrapping hulk with utter ease.

ToughMind
With all his tech?

Thanos crushes the team.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The Heroes always win in the end... but already it's 1-0 to Thanos and he is taking out the avengers with a MERE THOUGHT. Even if them beat him in the end.. which they probably will.. Thanos is already up 1-0 and part of that victory is mindrapping hulk with utter ease.

Hulk is going to crush Thanos under his green, nasty toe.

KuRuPT Thanosi
AFTER he's already lost to Thanos and gotten mind raped.. so the best you can hope for is a 1-1 with help from others.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
AFTER he's already lost to Thanos and gotten mind raped.. so the best you can hope for is a 1-1 with help from others.

Thanos will try to go hand to hand with him and get his neck snapped.

biensalsa
Team

Delta1938
Hulk is going to crush Thanos under his green, nasty toe.

Hulk has gamma mutated athlete's foot? Well, Hulk being the Strongest One There Is must not be restricted to his muscles.

zopzop
Thanos for the VAST majority of wins.

iceman24567
LOL at carver spamming up the thread with Hulk posts. Team wins

quanchi112
Nope, I just don't feel like slamming my head into a brick wall repeatedly. Team wins. And stop stalking me gramps. This is a public forum, kiddo. Quit accusing people of stalking you while asking you to debate on a versus message board. It's like the word insult you don't know what the word stalk means.Originally posted by carver9
Hulk is going to crush Thanos under his green, nasty toe. Thanos uses the Hulk's body when he wants to because he has a weak mind.

Delta1938
This is a public forum, kiddo. Quit accusing people of stalking you while asking you to debate on a versus message board. It's like the word insult you don't know what the word stalk means.

You singled me out, and it's established you fantasize about me in a cheerleader outfit old timer. By the way, I found a pic of you.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Herbert-family-guy-684447_1024_768.gif

Thanos uses the Hulk's body when he wants to because he has a weak mind.

Thanos loves to use Hulk's body as he pleases because Hulk has a weak mind? Well, I guess Thanos is shallow as well as gay. No wonder you love him so much.

quanchi112
You singled me out, and it's established you fantasize about me in a cheerleader outfit old timer. By the way, I found a pic of you.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Herbert-family-guy-684447_1024_768.gif

Thanos loves to use Hulk's body as he pleases because Hulk has a weak mind? Well, I guess Thanos is shallow as well as gay. No wonder you love him so much. You cling to everything I say and constantly bring it up.

If you can't or won't explain why the team wins I am going to assume you don't know enough about the characters involved like the other thread.

Thanos wins.

Delta1938
You cling to everything I say and constantly bring it up.

If you can't or won't explain why the team wins I am going to assume you don't know enough about the characters involved like the other thread.

Thanos wins.

I can. I won't because you'll annoy the Hell out of me.

But oh well, it won't shut you up, it'll just cause you to be worse, but it will prove you wrong that I can't.

I don't even see Thanos being powerful enough to beat Superman and Orion combined for a majority, let alone adding a couple of power ring wielders.

Now go back to watching MURDER, SHE WROTE or MATLOCK or whatever you guys like to watch at the senior citizen center on Friday nights.

Inhuman
By the way, you singling me out seems like you're stalking me after all those claims of "you waited for me." But then again, you imagined me in a cheerleader outfit and lied about your reaction.
Originally posted by Delta1938 Nope, I just don't feel like slamming my head into a brick wall repeatedly. Team wins. And stop stalking me gramps.
Originally posted by Delta1938 You singled me out, and it's established you fantasize about me in a cheerleader outfit old timer. By the way, I found a pic of you.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/baka.gif

Delta1938
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/baka.gif

Oh, it would've been an amusing post, but I dunno what happened to it. Maybe a mod edited it and removed it(it possibly went just too far over the line to require that, but not enough to get a warning)? It was too large a file? I do not know. But I shall send you the link to what I had intended to show.

Inhuman
Oh, it would've been an amusing post, but I dunno what happened to it. Maybe a mod edited it and removed it(it possibly went just too far over the line to require that, but not enough to get a warning)? It was too large a file? I do not know. But I shall send you the link to what I had intended to show.

Point was that you were calling him a stalker and then you say you found pics of him

Delta1938
Point was that you were calling him a stalker

Because he is.

and then you say you found pics of him

To set-up for a joke!! miffed

quanchi112
I can. I won't because you'll annoy the Hell out of me.

But oh well, it won't shut you up, it'll just cause you to be worse, but it will prove you wrong that I can't.

I don't even see Thanos being powerful enough to beat Superman and Orion combined for a majority, let alone adding a couple of power ring wielders.

Now go back to watching MURDER, SHE WROTE or MATLOCK or whatever you guys like to watch at the senior citizen center on Friday nights. Respond back to debate not attempt humor. Tell me why Orion and Superman pose a threat to Thanos.Originally posted by Inhuman
Point was that you were calling him a stalker and then you say you found pics of him It blew over his head.

Delta1938
Respond back to debate not attempt humor. Tell me why Orion and Superman pose a threat to Thanos.

I did respond to the debate, genius. Superman and Orion pose a threat to Thanos because they're more than powerful enough to.

It blew over his head.

Irony.

quanchi112
I did respond to the debate, genius. Superman and Orion pose a threat to Thanos because they're more than powerful enough to.

Irony. Saying someone is powerful enough to isn't debating. You need to cite examples to buffer your case. If you don't it's a baseless opinion.

Either debate or hit the road.

Delta1938
Saying someone is powerful enough to isn't debating. You need to cite examples to buffer your case. If you don't it's a baseless opinion.

Yes, yes it is. You just want to annoy me. Good bye.

biensalsa
Thanos, decisively.

There is opinions, but what makes you think "decisively"?

quanchi112
Yes, yes it is. You just want to annoy me. Good bye. By asking you to back your case ? You're so sensitive.Originally posted by biensalsa
There is opinions, but what makes you think "decisively"? His showings. They are well above top tiers.

Delta1938
By asking you to back your case ? You're so sensitive. His showings.

Irony is making you it's b!tch right now.

carver9
Delta, I would like to see your response to Quans question.

@Quan,

The only reason Thanos used Hulk was because Hulk was able to do something Thanos couldn't achieve, and Thats fighting a team that consist of Heralds. If it wasn't for Hulk being there, Thor would have soloed.

Delta1938

Well I'll tell YOU bud, even though I'm sure Grandpa Quan will throw a hissy fit.

I don't have a hard-on for Thanos, so I simply don't see him as 25 times typical Top-Tiers in strength. Superman has shown to be stronger than multiple Top-Tiers combined on more than one occasion, and Orion's come the closest I've seen to matching Superman out of heroes(even closer than Captain Marvel, Superman's alleged equal). Orion's equipment should make them more versatile than Thanos, and far as I can tell, both have a speed advantage(even if it won't come into play every single fight). So that's just with Superman and Orion together.

Throw in a couple of high-end energy manipulators and I don't see Thanos winning too many.

biensalsa
His showings. They are well above top tiers.

IIRC Drax broke his shield and rip his heart.

What do you mean his showings? Usurping power? His shields? His Armor?

I know he is strong but even his physical strength has limits.

Nihilist
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Either can SOLO STOMP Thanos by making dozens of Wolverine constructs to slice and dice purple puss.

DEAL WITH IT. miffed Nevermind i thought you was a serious poster not a troll

SquallX
Arguing in Thanos favor, are you guys serious?

-Pr-
Team wins, though not easily.

Carter, shut up about Hulk.

Delta1938
Nevermind i thought you was a serious poster not a troll

You see trolling, I see joking. That post wasn't intended to offend or rile anybody. If it did, well, I guess they're Thanos fanboys.

But look at my response to Carv when he asked me my reasons if you want a serious post.

Delta1938
reading

Saying someone is powerful enough to isn't debating. You need to cite examples to buffer your case. If you don't it's a baseless opinion.

Originally posted by biensalsa
There is opinions, but what makes you think "decisively"?

His showings. They are well above top tiers.

erm hmmmmmm whistling

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by -Pr-
Team wins, though not easily.

Carter, shut up about Hulk.

I agree with everything here.

quanchi112
reading

erm hmmmmmm whistling Well, not even budging when the Surfer is fighting you is pretty impressive. That's been consistent. None of these guys could effortlessly tank the Surfer's blasts like Thanos has.

quanchi112
Irony is making you it's b!tch right now. I will back up my reasoning. You won't.Originally posted by carver9

@Quan,

The only reason Thanos used Hulk was because Hulk was able to do something Thanos couldn't achieve, and Thats fighting a team that consist of Heralds. If it wasn't for Hulk being there, Thor would have soloed. The reason he did is because he frequently manipulates and uses others to achieve his goals. Why sweep up the carpet if you can have someone else do it for you.

IIRC Drax broke his shield and rip his heart.

What do you mean his showings? Usurping power? His shields? His Armor?

I know he is strong but even his physical strength has limits. Drax was made to kill him so he's a special exception. That's like using showings of humans or lessers affecting Superman while being poisoned with k-nite.

I am saying top tiers have never bested him one on one in a fair fight on panel. The same cannot be said of the team.

biensalsa
I will back up my reasoning. You won't. The reason he did is because he frequently manipulates and uses others to achieve his goals. Why sweep up the carpet if you can have someone else do it for you.

Drax was made to kill him so he's a special exception. That's like using showings of humans or lessers affecting Superman while being poisoned with k-nite.

I am saying top tiers have never bested him one on one in a fair fight on panel. The same cannot be said of the team.

Yes, but you have the other examples, lets see the Champion fight.

Thanos shields were giving up o him and He said that fighting champion might be like fighting Hulk.

Thanos complete outsmart Champion but Champion is a complete moron who is not better than a baby with the power to destroy a planet.

So this guy (Champion) who destroys a planet by chain reaction is making Thanos doubt his shileds, luckily for him Champion is a complete moron.

Superman and Orion are not stupid like Champion and for what I have seen, it will be funny if someone says Champion is = than them.

IIRC Champion got one easily dispatched by Drax.

Besting Surfer in a h2h combat when Surfer is often considered to have a glass chin is not the best example and I Thanos tanking SS blast? I'll chalk that up to Thanos shields, that is CONTEXT always left out when presenting that feat.

Thanos carries personal shields and armor but none of those is indestructible and He is vulnerable to physical attacks.

carver9
Well, just one correction...when Drax one shotted Champion, Champion had the bands, not the power gem. If Champion had the power gem, Drax wouldn't have been able to do that.

Delta1938
Well, not even budging when the Surfer is fighting you is pretty impressive. That's been consistent. None of these guys could effortlessly tank the Surfer's blasts like Thanos has.

So, are you admitting you criticized me for not citing examples, then going ahead and doing it yourself?

I will back up my reasoning. You won't.

Wrong.

The reason he did is because he frequently manipulates and uses others to achieve his goals. Why sweep up the carpet if you can have someone else do it for you.

um OK.

quanchi112
Yes, but you have the other examples, lets see the Champion fight.

Thanos shields were giving up o him and He said that fighting champion might be like fighting Hulk.

Thanos complete outsmart Champion but Champion is a complete moron who is not better than a baby with the power to destroy a planet.

So this guy (Champion) who destroys a planet by chain reaction is making Thanos doubt his shileds, luckily for him Champion is a complete moron.

Superman and Orion are not stupid like Champion and for what I have seen, it will be funny if someone says Champion is = than them.

IIRC Champion got one easily dispatched by Drax.

Besting Surfer in a h2h combat when Surfer is often considered to have a glass chin is not the best example and I Thanos tanking SS blast? I'll chalk that up to Thanos shields, that is CONTEXT always left out when presenting that feat.

Thanos carries personal shields and armor but none of those is indestructible and He is vulnerable to physical attacks. Champion had the power gem and Thanos outsmarted every elder. Thanos wanted Champion to hand over the gem which he ultimately did. You're wrong as Thanos easily was dominating the Champion and has done so against the Hulk on panel.

Thanos doubted his shields against the power gem. Champion was amping his attacks and they were without limit. Destroying the planet is what he had in mind.

Thanos was never in doubt against Champion so basing your entire argument off of one fight in which he outsmarted his opponent is ridiculous. Thanos also has taken on much more formidable characters than Champion and been fine.

Thanos has also beaten Drax so abc logic isn't needed since he's dispatched of Drax as well.

Surfer's chin or jaw has never been broken. Superman's has been destroyed by a peer. Surfer was blasting Thanos and he didn't even budge. Far less than the Surfer has hurt Superman than his blasts. Remember Konvikt oneshotting Superman. That's a glass jaw.

Thanos didn't have his shields on. Do you read these comics ? Your argument is as weak and biased as it gets.

Thanos has tanked attacks from Odin who is far above any of these top tiers.

quanchi112
So, are you admitting you criticized me for not citing examples, then going ahead and doing it yourself?

Wrong.

um OK. You never asked me to.

I always do. I won't respond and say you are bothering me yet continue responding anyway.

No, I am right.

biensalsa
Champion had the power gem and Thanos outsmarted every elder. Thanos wanted Champion to hand over the gem which he ultimately did. You're wrong as Thanos easily was dominating the Champion and has done so against the Hulk on panel.

Not really, He just got out of the way from Champion's attacks and champion is an idiot, even Thanos says that Champion does not has a clue of the power gem and Champion thinks is just a lucky charm

Thanos doubted his shields against the power gem. Champion was amping his attacks and they were without limit. Destroying the planet is what he had in mind.

Really Quan? Thanos is doubting his shields vs Champion, Champion is about to break them but since Champion is an idiot and thinks he cannot break the shield and defeat Thanos with conventional attack he decides to destroy the planet, which in Champion's mind is a more powerful attack to defeat Thanos and get rid of the shields.

Now answer this, if the shields were already breaking with champion conventional punches what do you think the attack that destroyed the planet by chain reaction would have done to Thanos shield? You know there is a lot of heralds who can hit harder than that, right?

Thanos was never in doubt against Champion so basing your entire argument off of one fight in which he outsmarted his opponent is ridiculous. Thanos also has taken on much more formidable characters than Champion and been fine.

So has Superman, what is your point?

Thanos has also beaten Drax so abc logic isn't needed since he's dispatched of Drax as well.

This is not ABC logic, Thanos is stronger than Drax but he is not leaps and bounds above Drax and if you think Thanos has taken on teams of top tiers so has Superman and he does it WITH OUT TECH AND SHIELDS

Surfer's chin or jaw has never been broken. Superman's has been destroyed by a peer. Surfer was blasting Thanos and he didn't even budge. Far less than the Surfer has hurt Superman than his blasts. Remember Konvikt oneshotting Superman. That's a glass jaw.

Lol, Superman came back and kept fighting FYI, and Surfer is very bad at h2h Quan, You know this.

Thanos didn't have his shields on. Do you read these comics ? Your argument is as weak and biased as it gets.

Lets see if this is true with logic, shall We?

Fact. We know Thanos carries shields

Thanos takes a Surfer Blast with out even fliching
Thanos takes punches but he DOES flinch

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/Thanos%20limits/WarlockInfinityWatch008-16.jpg

What does it tells you?

I'll take the shields, because somehow that is the most logical conclusion, don't you think?

Thanos has tanked attacks from Odin who is far above any of these top tiers.

I'll chalk that up to his shields, after all He carries sometimes even 3 shields and armor.

Not to his physical stats, He gets bloody with Black holes btw, Unless You think that is a low balling feat.

Do you think getting bloody with a black hole is a low feat for Thanos?, PLEASE Do answer this, because it will give me an idea to see if it's worth it to keep talking about this issue with you.

Delta1938
You never asked me to.

I always do. I won't respond and say you are bothering me yet continue responding anyway.

No, I am right.

Thanks for proving you're a hypocrite. Was awesome how you got all sheepish when I pointed it out, and now you're back to defensive because you realized you're wrong.

And Team Wins.

-Pr-
Quan, I say this for your own good: Stop trolling.

Delta, I suggest you put Quan on ignore, tbh.

Delta1938
Quan, I say this for your own good: Stop trolling.

Delta, I suggest you put Quan on ignore, tbh.

I have been thinking about it. How do I?

Nihilist
You see trolling, I see joking. That post wasn't intended to offend or rile anybody. If it did, well, I guess they're Thanos fanboys.Jokes are supposed to be funny.

I did and it was as bad as youre poor attempt of humour

celeyhyga17
Thanos wins. Only herald or below that beats him is Drax. That's only through PIS. So many reasons Pruneface takes this, but here's one. Here's what he did to Lord Mar-Vell (trans lvel) who not long before this meeting absolutely embarrassed Surfer and Nova Prime together.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qv9nia&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25ho2fc&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1199uyp&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=e1b49h&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5xos3o&s=7

He basically punks LM in a fight he was planning to throw anyway. I'm sorry, but this team loses.

Delta1938
Jokes are supposed to be funny.

I did and it was as bad as youre poor attempt of humour

Well I see you're oblivious on two different fronts, so I've got my work cut-out with you.

carver9
Well I see you're oblivious on two different fronts, so I've got my work cut-out with you.

Reported for working and debating at the same time.

Delta1938
Reported for working and debating at the same time.

mad mad mad mad mad

Reported for reporting!!!!

biensalsa
Peps put too much weight on how Thanos handles top tiers

Let me do the same

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/VS%20TEAM/th_SMBM32VSTEAM4.jpg

Delta1938

Let me do the same

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/VS%20TEAM/th_SMBM32VSTEAM4.jpg

But it doesn't count when Superman does it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Forensic

Let me do the same

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/VS%20TEAM/th_SMBM32VSTEAM4.jpg So true

celeyhyga17

Let me do the same

And u think they're trying to hurt him? Sigh... smh....

TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10.

Delta1938
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
And u think they're trying to hurt him? Sigh... smh....

Do you even know what's going on in that issue? Or even comprehend what Salsa's point is?

celeyhyga17
^
Better yet.. U explain.

Delta1938
^
Better yet.. U explain.

They were being influenced(although not mind-controlled) by an incoming alien invasion to basically betray Mankind. It was happening to both extraterrestrials(it even overt-took Superman until he overcame it), as well as those with ET equipment(like Green Lanterns and Blue Beetle since his armor is extraterrestrial in origin; I guess an alien alloy counts as "extraterrestrial technology" for Hawkgirl). Also, the individual blackrocks could take over people, so that's why there's several otherwise normal looking people swarming. So it's not like some misunderstanding causes them to brawl.

As for Salsa's point, people rank Thanos based on how he handles Top-Tiers, especially in regards to strength based on his comparative performance. Well, there's Superman overcoming SEVERAL Top-Tiers(plus some Mid-Tiers) at once all trying to restrain him. But shit like that tends to be ignored or others criticize the people who bring them up.

celeyhyga17
First where are the "several" top tiers? Looks more like a few. 2nd, forget the midtiers. To a guy like Thanos, they're almost irrelevant. It doesn't help also that MM says "hold him" while they clearly are just trying to do just that. Holding him off.

Delta1938
First where are the "several" top tiers? Looks more like a few. 2nd, forget the midtiers. To a guy like Thanos, they're almost irrelevant. It doesn't help also that MM says "hold him" while they clearly are just trying to do just that. Holding him off.

I guess it depends on your definition of "several," although my emphasis on "several" wasn't to say there were a ton of them as much pointing-out that there are several. And there's J'Onn, Power Girl, Kilowog(a GL with superhuman strength) and several Blackrock-enhanced humans(which if when Batman was enhanced by one in the same arc is any indication, they should just make Top-Tier). Dunno where Blue Beetle or Starman(not the usual ones from the Knight family) are ranked, though.

And the point still goes WOOSH over your head. Salsa was showing Superman's relative strength compared to several Top-Tiers. By the way, Superman would've been holding back, too.

Ya know, Thanos gets so much credit for that time he bashed in the heads of a couple of Top-Tiers for a double one-shot. But how much credit does Superman get for this?

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/AOS%20ANNUAL%202%20With%20Lar%20Gand/AdventuresOfSupermanAnnual02-39.jpg

Not much that I see.

Zack Fair
Powerful team...they make Thanos work for it, but the Mad Titan triumphs.

celeyhyga17
I guess it depends on your definition of "several," although my emphasis on "several" wasn't to say there were a ton of them as much pointing-out that there are several. And there's J'Onn, Power Girl, Kilowog(a GL with superhuman strength) and several Blackrock-enhanced humans(which if when Batman was enhanced by one in the same arc is any indication, they should just make Top-Tier). Dunno where Blue Beetle or Starman(not the usual ones from the Knight family) are ranked, though.

And the point still goes WOOSH over your head. Salsa was showing Superman's relative strength compared to several Top-Tiers. By the way, Superman would've been holding back, too.

No. I saw the point. Too bad it just wasn't convincing.

Delta1938
No. I saw the point. Too bad it just wasn't convincing.

So what part of them going "hold him" means they're not trying as hard as they can to do just that?

celeyhyga17
So what part of them going "hold him" means they're not trying as hard as they can to do just that?

Are u still trying to suggest that Supes is in the same tier as Thanos, especially in how he handles other top tiers Thanos almost always gets portrayed handling top top tiers with casual ease. Bottom line is what you've showed just aint cuttin it...

Delta1938
Are u still trying to suggest that Supes is in the same tier as Thanos, especially in how he handles other top tiers Thanos almost always gets portrayed handling top top tiers with casual ease. Bottom line is what you've showed just aint cuttin it...

OK....?

celeyhyga17
OK....?

Good.

wink

Forensic

He is clearly above Thonos, fact!

Delta1938
Good.

wink

So it's good that you think you're right 'cuz everything goes over your head? big grin

Forensic
So it's good that you think you're right 'cuz everything goes over your head? big grin

I got it wink

quanchi112
Thanks for proving you're a hypocrite. Was awesome how you got all sheepish when I pointed it out, and now you're back to defensive because you realized you're wrong.

And Team Wins. Thanos is too powerful, too smart, and too durable to lose to this team. Originally posted by biensalsa
Not really, He just got out of the way from Champion's attacks and champion is an idiot, even Thanos says that Champion does not has a clue of the power gem and Champion thinks is just a lucky charm

Really Quan? Thanos is doubting his shields vs Champion, Champion is about to break them but since Champion is an idiot and thinks he cannot break the shield and defeat Thanos with conventional attack he decides to destroy the planet, which in Champion's mind is a more powerful attack to defeat Thanos and get rid of the shields.

Now answer this, if the shields were already breaking with champion conventional punches what do you think the attack that destroyed the planet by chain reaction would have done to Thanos shield? You know there is a lot of heralds who can hit harder than that, right?

So has Superman, what is your point?

This is not ABC logic, Thanos is stronger than Drax but he is not leaps and bounds above Drax and if you think Thanos has taken on teams of top tiers so has Superman and he does it WITH OUT TECH AND SHIELDS

Lol, Superman came back and kept fighting FYI, and Surfer is very bad at h2h Quan, You know this.

Lets see if this is true with logic, shall We?

Fact. We know Thanos carries shields

Thanos takes a Surfer Blast with out even fliching
Thanos takes punches but he DOES flinch

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/Thanos%20limits/WarlockInfinityWatch008-16.jpg

What does it tells you?

I'll take the shields, because somehow that is the most logical conclusion, don't you think?

I'll chalk that up to his shields, after all He carries sometimes even 3 shields and armor.

Not to his physical stats, He gets bloody with Black holes btw, Unless You think that is a low balling feat.

Do you think getting bloody with a black hole is a low feat for Thanos?, PLEASE Do answer this, because it will give me an idea to see if it's worth it to keep talking about this issue with you. That doesn't mean he isn't subconsciously amping himself through the gem despite him being an idiot.

Champion is using the power gem to amp his attacks to the point of destroying the entire planet. The power gem has no limit to eventually the shields will falter. Thanos knows and counts on this.

Superman's average isn't where Thanos' average is. You want to compare his absolute highest to Thanos' average. Their entire histories count not just your cherry picked showings.

Thor's also stronger than Drax and Thanos has beaten him as well. Thanos' tech is a part of his powerset it's like me saying in a pitch black atmosphere. Superman relies on the sun but Thanos doesn't rely on the atmosphere.

Every instance of Thanos using shields it's either clearly drawn or alluded to. Thanos' power and durability is on another level than Surfer's. Superman's level is not.

You can pretend those are his shields when they aren't drawn or alluded to. Either way Thanos has his shields in a forum fight.

It was an artificial black hole and no I don't. I accept all showings the black hole was very powerful but it's a plot device anyway which has nothing to do with the dc team.

Delta1938
Thanos is too powerful, too smart, and too durable to lose to this team.

No, no he is not.

-Pr-
I have been thinking about it. How do I?

Go in to the profile, and there should be an option for "add person to your ignore list".

Delta1938
Go in to the profile, and there should be an option for "add person to your ignore list".

I actually had stumbled on that by accident, when trying to report a spammer, thanks though. I still haven't made-up my mind yet. On the one hand it'd make things much less annoying, on the other hand, I'm sure Quan will think he "scared" me and I'm "afraid of his wrath" and that'd be giving a massively undeserved ego boost to someone who thought Doomsday was killed by expunging bacteria.

quanchi112
No, no he is not. I believe he is consistently shown to be on another level.

Delta1938
I believe he is consistently shown to be on another level.

Wow, I was expecting you to blatantly get all smug and say I have nothing because I gave no reason.

quanchi112
Wow, I was expecting you to blatantly get all smug and say I have nothing because I gave no reason. Do you disagree with my reasoning ?

Delta1938
Do you disagree with my reasoning ?

Yes, but considering your past history, I figured that it'd be just as effective to say "nope" as it would to give a detailed reason.

quanchi112
Yes, but considering your past history, I figured that it'd be just as effective to say "nope" as it would to give a detailed reason. So you believe Thanos' average isn't above top tiers in comics ?

Delta1938
So you believe Thanos' average isn't above top tiers in comics ?

I didn't say or imply that, I don't believe it's high enough for this team.

quanchi112
I didn't say or imply that, I don't believe it's high enough for this team. Based on what ?

Delta1938
Based on what ?

The fact that Superman's also shown to be above Top-Tier himself and Orion's matched him better than other heroes.

Lord Feron
With alot of good teamwork I say the team can take it. But if they just all try to bum rush him without a plan they get put down one by one.

celeyhyga17
The fact that Superman's also shown to be above Top-Tier

Smh.

Delta1938
Smh.

Too bad he has been.

quanchi112
The fact that Superman's also shown to be above Top-Tier himself and Orion's matched him better than other heroes. No, he hasn't. Superman can beat top tiers and they can beat him straight up. That's how it has always been. Every top tier has moments of greatness that doesn't change that they are a top tier and portrayed consistently as such.

Delta1938
No, he hasn't. Superman can beat top tiers and they can beat him straight up. That's how it has always been. Every top tier has moments of greatness that doesn't change that they are a top tier and portrayed consistently as such.

So Superman matching or beating teams of Top-Tiers, and matching or beating opponents who matched/beat teams of Top-Tiers don't count as above Top-Tier showings? Glad to know I was right that Superman's examples will be dismissed.

quanchi112
So Superman matching or beating teams of Top-Tiers, and matching or beating opponents who matched/beat teams of Top-Tiers don't count as above Top-Tier showings? Glad to know I was right that Superman's examples will be dismissed. Hulk's done so as has Black Adam, etc. That doesn't mean these showings don't count that means their peers are also capable of this while at the same time being unable to best foes like Orion, etc. in combat. That means these guys are peers. Thanos has always been portrayed as greater than. I think all those showings count.

smile

Delta1938
Hulk's done so as has Black Adam, etc. That doesn't mean these showings don't count that means their peers are also capable of this while at the same time being unable to best foes like Orion, etc. in combat. That means these guys are peers. Thanos has always been portrayed as greater than. I think all those showings count.

smile

Superman's got a whole lot more than anybody else. I know people argue it as he has more showings, but that's just an excuse to dismiss it. And it's canon that Superman not only holds back more than others, but we've seen it straight-up stated he subconsciously regulates his powers, suppressing them.

And where did I say Orion wasn't a peer? I said that Orion has shown to match Superman better than any other hero, including Captain Marvel.

By the way, I could be mistaken, but the Black Adam example you're talking about, wasn't he powered-up more than normal?

quanchi112
Superman's got a whole lot more than anybody else. I know people argue it as he has more showings, but that's just an excuse to dismiss it. And it's canon that Superman not only holds back more than others, but we've seen it straight-up stated he subconsciously regulates his powers, suppressing them.

And where did I say Orion wasn't a peer? I said that Orion has shown to match Superman better than any other hero, including Captain Marvel.

By the way, I could be mistaken, but the Black Adam example you're talking about, wasn't he powered-up more than normal? Here we go now. Superman holds back in character so either way it's how he usually fights. You can try to slice it anyway you want. He also has low showings as well. I am sure you try to distance yourself from those as best you can.

Orion has never lost to Superman. Superman has lost to Orion. They are still peers. Despite Superman in other showings taking on more than just Orion he has never bested Orion in combat and they are portrayed as peers.

Black Adam has taken on a team more than just in ww3.

laughing out loud

Naija boy
Thanos wins

carver9

By the way, I could be mistaken, but the Black Adam example you're talking about, wasn't he powered-up more than normal?

Not doubting you but do you have scans of any of this? I'm referring to fights not involving circumstances.

Delta1938
Here we go now. Superman holds back in character so either way it's how he usually fights. You can try to slice it anyway you want.

Oh so you're using that he holds back to still refuse to accept his showings of being above Top-Tier. Nice inadvertant concession.

He also has low showings as well. I am sure you try to distance yourself from those as best you can.

http://www.one-quest.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2012/04/thanosgoesdown/-954081831.jpg

Quanchi, meet kettle. You wanted to tell it it's black.

Orion has never lost to Superman.

REALLY?

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Orion/SUPERMAN%20CONFIDENTIAL%209/pic014.jpg

You were saying?

Superman has lost to Orion.

Where'd I say he never has?

They are still peers.

And what the Hell is the relevance here if I said Orion's been closest of all heroes to matching Superman? Are you not paying any f-ing attention, trying to strawman in a horrible way, or arguing something that isn't there for the sake of arguing because you have to be "right" about things nobody's argued against?

Despite Superman in other showings taking on more than just Orion he has never bested Orion in combat and they are portrayed as peers.

Are you trying to say that Superman is not superior to Orion because he's failed to beat Orion when Orion had help? That SURE is how it came out.

Black Adam has taken on a team more than just in ww3.

laughing out loud

Oh? And does he have nearly the portrayals as Superman?

quanchi112
Oh so you're using that he holds back to still refuse to accept his showings of being above Top-Tier. Nice inadvertant concession. No, I am saying in a standard forum fight he will hold back because that's how he's generally portrayed. I didn't concede I described a fact. It's a fact he generally holds back. The overwhelming majority of showings confirms this. You know it and I know it.

You can continue to post the same image in an attempt to ruffle my feathers. I simply don't get worked up over showings out of continuity.
That isn't Superman beating him that's another source taking him out. This is getting a tad bit desperate. In direct combat Superman has never taken him out. That wasn't Superman that ko'd him.

I just just pointing out a fact. That's a top tier who Superman has never beaten in direct combat.

Listen calm down. You are unraveling at the seams. Superman's peers are below Thanos. Superman isn't above the likes of Thor, Captain Marvel, Orion, etc. He can best them but they have the power to best him. It's a back and forth and close battle either way but with regards to Thanos he doesn't even notice someone of this power even really harming him straight up in a battle.

I am saying Orion has a win over Superman while Superman has never bested him under his own power. Orion's ko'd an all out Superman iirc.

More showings means more good ones and more bad ones. You have to take the good with the bad.

Classic NES
I'm gonna have to agree with Quan on this one. Superman isn't heads and shoulders above his peers in-universe or even in marvel universe. They're roughly the same with some differences hear or there.

Bump lord
Bump

tkitna
Thanos wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.