Silly observation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Has anyone ever thought that Watto sounds exactly like the character "Pop" from The League of Gentlemen?

Ushgarak
The Hutts- they are VAMPYR!

GordonSkywalker
Does anyone know how old Watto is?

Ushgarak
A hundred and twelvty, obviously.

queeq
In TPM or AOTC?

Corran
He was 122 in AOTC/

GordonSkywalker
Ah, I did not know that. I always thought he was a very odd character in the first film. His screen time in the second may not be that much, but it was cool to have him meet a grown-up Anakin."A Jedi, no less...say maybe you could help me with some deadbeats around here...who owe me money..."

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Damn I wish Raz was here, he'd get that reference too.

Member.
hm...

Julie
never seen League of Gentlemen but I'm not sure I would have picked up on that anyway

Member.
never wondered about peeps ageerm

mechmoggy
LOG rules, without it your life is incomplete.

Julie
uh what I don't know...hasn't hurt me yet..in this case

Ushgarak
That's because you live in ignorance. You just don't know how much better your life would be with it.

mechmoggy
"S'CUSE ME, HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY BOTTLE OF ORANGE JUICE?"

Tee hee! big grin

Ushgarak
Do you get much acting work?

GordonSkywalker
What does OJ have to do with it? Am I missing something here?

Ushgarak
Huge sci-fi fans are League of Gentlemen, of course.

GordonSkywalker
Not me. I am not in a league of anything. They tried to hire my services once and I said no.

Ushgarak
You'd LOVE the Dr. Who references in LoG, you know...

queeq
Crap.... never saw that.

GordonSkywalker
I have heard of League Of Gentlemen but have never had a chance to actually watch it.

Member.
hm...

GordonSkywalker
So what you're saying here is Watto sounds like one of the characters on that series. An amazing concept.

Member.
well we could email GL

mechmoggy
I can't watch Watto on screen anymore without replaying "pop" scenes in my head, meaning I now struggle to take Watto seriously.

The title gives it away GS, "Silly observation". I had no illusion that this would be a ground-breaking thread worthy of your critique. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
Don't worry my green friend. I am also under no illusions as to the meaning behind your remarks. wink

mechmoggy
Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaay...

GordonSkywalker
Translation: I take no offense, man! stick out tongue

mechmoggy
You've lost me....

Did I say something offending? confused

Corran
Always Mech, I'm just glad someone has eventually pointed this out to you.

mechmoggy
Don't think Finti will know this one, so here goes.....

"I'm walking through the door
but they're expecting more
of an interesting man
and sometimes I think I can
but how much can I fake
I'll speak until I break
with every word I say
offend in every way" - "Offend in Every Way" by The White Stripes

Rather apt. big grin

GordonSkywalker
I was referring to your above remarks. As I had no idea what you meant I had to come up with something as equally clever. big grin

mechmoggy
That you did!

GordonSkywalker
Thank you...thank you...takes a bow..... laughing out loud

Corran
Do you want an arrow with that bow, oh wait you said bow not bow.

GordonSkywalker
Arrows are cool. Use to know a guy that had a bunch of them. Was really into archery.

Ushgarak
That tracks...

GordonSkywalker
Yes doesn't it.

Corran
I have a Belgian colleague who has crossbows, he brought a little one into work once, I never really realised how dangerous they are until I shot the bolt through a box of paper and through the wall behind.

GordonSkywalker
Interesting.

Corran
No it was quite scary as seconds before some idiot was pointing at my head joking, if it had gone off then I would be playing poker in Hell right now.

Ushgarak
And what would THAT be like?

"Geez, busted Flush AGAIN..."

mechmoggy
"Dammit Satan, you've got the luck of the devil........oh right, of course".

My old flatmate had a cross-bow, he loaded it with a biro once and fired it at me while we were drunk. It exploded on impact and left a big gash in my leg. I got him back though, I drew a big "Pierre the famous fighter pilot" moustache on him while he slept, he got up late for work and ran out of the flat without noticing. Tee hee!

Corran
Yes we have been know to put make-up on people when they fall asleep at parties or shave one eyebrow off etc.

mechmoggy
I have one old drinking buddy called Adam and he's got a pair of big sticky out ears, but he's a great laugh and often takes the piss out of himself.

Once when he was drunk he fell asleep in the pub so we borrowed some bright blue nail varnish off a girl and painted both his ears with it.

Very funny.....for us anyway.

cookies2006
Its nice to be able to trust your friends.

Corran
*mental note to self* don't fall asleep in a thread that mech is in.

cookies2006
Yes but i have jedi reflexes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.