More durable... Kuurth or Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is more durable, Thanos or Kuurth.

This is overall durability.

Piercing
Damage soak
Against Blast
Pain tolerance, etc, etc...

Naija boy
Based on portrayal and power set...Kuurth. Though thanos has a shout based on feats

vince_slice
Based on actual feats, Thanos by far.

Lord Feron
Full powered Kuurth was written to be absolutely unstoppable in every way possible. The only thing that bothered him was his entire body inside and out was lit of fire and even then he was just like ARRGGG ANNOYING!! continued on his way...

Thanos has alot of showings so its hard to compare with a guy in one arc granted he was uber.

Anyway I think they have comparable durability, but nod to thanos because it has been shown he tanked crazier stuff (not saying kuurth can't just saying Thanos has more showings of things above)

leonidas
Kurrth

juggerman
KUURTH

vince_slice
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Full powered Kuurth was written to be absolutely unstoppable in every way possible. The only thing that bothered him was his entire body inside and out was lit of fire and even then he was just like ARRGGG ANNOYING!! continued on his way...

He was also hurt by magneto, crushing him using his powers on his armour or helmet IIRC.

juggerman
What?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by vince_slice
He was also hurt by magneto, crushing him using his powers on his armour or helmet IIRC.

was that when Kuurth threw his hammer at Mags? Cant remember how bothered he was.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Lord Feron
was that when Kuurth threw his hammer at Mags? Cant remember how bothered he was.
Yeah, Magneto was crushing his head or something, and Kuurth threw his hammer at Magneto.

Newjak
Yeah, Magneto was crushing his head or something, and Kuurth threw his hammer at Magneto. Mags didn't crush his head though.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Newjak
Mags didn't crush his head though.
Then what exactly happened in that scene? All I remember was Magneto crushing and malforming Kuurth's helmet causing Kuurth to toss his hammer at Mags.

leonidas
Then what exactly happened in that scene? All I remember was Magneto crushing and malforming Kuurth's helmet causing Kuurth to toss his hammer at Mags.

That's all that happened. Never showed it hurt in any way iirc. Great feat for mags though... Heh

vince_slice
Originally posted by leonidas
That's all that happened. Never showed it hurt in any way iirc. Great feat for mags though... Heh
I could be wrong, but it seemed like it to me if he yelled at Mags as his helmet was being crushed, and felt threatened enough to attack Mags directly. Although the helmet did regen its shape afterwards.

I haven't seen anything Kuurth has done that puts him over Thanos in terms of durability, except for the highly subjective hype of him being "truly invulnernable", which can easily spiral into no limits fallacies.

juggerman
wasnt he yelling gibberish the whole time tho? hell he yelled when they tried to mind control the mob right? doesnt mean he was affected at all

vince_slice
Originally posted by juggerman
wasnt he yelling gibberish the whole time tho? hell he yelled when they tried to mind control the mob right? doesnt mean he was affected at all
He wasn't screaming/yelling the whole time, but he was speaking gibberish. I don't know what he was saying, but usually if someone screams (even if its gibberish) in response to their helmet crushing into their head, it gives the impression that they're being hurt by it. But I guess the scene can be subjective, much like the extent of Kuurth's invulnerability hype.

KingD19
All the stuff he went through, having his helmet crushed wouldn't have hurt him. He probably couldn't see.

Parmaniac
By the way Kuurth was portrayed in FI I'd choose him there were several pages with plans to stop him and a lot of stuff off panel and he didn't even slow down or flinched.

Except Colossanauts first showing that was the only plot way to take Kuurth out.

vince_slice
Is portrayal (which can be highly subjective sometimes) suppose to completely trump solid feats?

zopzop
Guys take a breath and think about this.

Dual God Kuurth (Cytorrak and Serpent) survived attacks from mutants (non of which were Omega level).

Thanos has survived attacks by insane CUBE BEINGS and SKYFATHERS. WTF is so hard to understand here?

Magnon
Originally posted by zopzop
Dual God Kuurth (Cytorrak and Serpent) survived attacks from mutants (non of which were Omega level).

Thanos has survived attacks by insane CUBE BEINGS and SKYFATHERS. WTF is so hard to understand here?

Good point. Kuurth is more durable.

Thanos got hurt by a casual attack from a skyfather, whereas the combined powers of three skyfathers couldn't harm a celestial, while a celestial was harmed by Thor's godblast, which couldn't harm regular Juggernaut at all, who's durability is not equal to Kuurth's.

I can explain that paragraph, if it's unclear.

zopzop
Originally posted by Magnon
Good point. Kuurth is more durable.

Thanos got hurt by a casual attack from a skyfather, whereas the combined powers of three skyfathers couldn't harm a celestial, while a celestial was harmed by Thor's godblast, which couldn't harm regular Juggernaut at all, who's durability is not equal to Kuurth's.

I can explain that paragraph, if it's unclear.
No need to explain. The Serpent, Kuurth and the rest of the Worthy were killed by Odin. Yet Odin couldn't kill Thanos.

See where we can go with this?

Magnon
I thought the Serpent was killed by Thor, and Kuurth was beaten by Colossusnaut, and Odin was about to kill Thanos had the fight continued?

zopzop
Originally posted by Magnon
I thought the Serpent was killed by Thor, and Kuurth was beaten by Colossusnaut, and Odin was about to kill Thanos had the fight continued?
That was the most recent fight. In the flashback explaining who the Serpent and the Worthy really were, Odin tore all the Worthy up FAR easier than he did Thanos. Then he imprisoned the Serpent at the bottom of the ocean.

KingD19
That was the most recent fight. In the flashback explaining who the Serpent and the Worthy really were, Odin tore all the Worthy up FAR easier than he did Thanos. Then he imprisoned the Serpent at the bottom of the ocean.

Those were the original Worthy. Not the spirits of the Worthy possessing current people like Hulk and Juggernaut.

h1a8
Guys take a breath and think about this.

Classic Juggs feats go with Kuurth as well since the Serpent's power is added on top of it. That means Kuurth is completely indestructible to physical forces and automatically more durable than any non abstract being in Marvel.

Also Thanos is highly durable against energy projection (cubes beings and skyfathers as you said) but no so much to blunt force trauma. Thor's hammer hit can actually hurt him.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Classic Juggs feats go with Kuurth as well since the Serpent's power is added on top of it. That means Kuurth is completely indestructible to physical forces and automatically more durable than any non abstract being in Marvel.

Also Thanos is highly durable against energy projection (cubes beings and skyfathers as you said) but no so much to blunt force trauma. Thor's hammer hit can actually hurt him.
Dude Colossus and Iceman cracked his (DUAL POWERED KUURTH) helmet! Magneto was crushing his skull or something to that effect.

All this was before Cytorrak took back his power.

h1a8
Dude Colossus and Iceman cracked his (DUAL POWERED KUURTH) helmet! Magneto was crushing his skull or something to that effect.

All this was before Cytorrak took back his power.

Cracking his helmet has nothing to do with anything. FP Kuurth was never harmed in anyway ever in comics. Also that doesn't change the fact that he still has Classic Juggs feats and portrayals.

Lastly, since you place solid feats above portrayal then that means Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than Thanos. Right?

zopzop
Cracking his helmet has nothing to do with anything. FP Kuurth was never harmed in anyway ever in comics. Also that doesn't change the fact that he still has Classic Juggs feats and portrayals.

Lastly, since you place solid feats above portrayal then that means Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than Thanos. Right?
Full Power Kuurth never faced off against a being greater than a high meta/low herald mutant (Magneto). That's a fact. There were no Omega level mutants attacking him.

Thanos has gone up against Cube Beings, High Heralds, and Skyfathers. Get back to me when Kuurth does the same.

h1a8
Full Power Kuurth never faced off against a being greater than a high meta/low herald mutant (Magneto). That's a fact. There were no Omega level mutants attacking him.

Thanos has gone up against Cube Beings, High Heralds, and Skyfathers. Get back to me when Kuurth does the same.

Again, Kuurth has the durability of Classic Juggs with more added to him.
Energy blast durability is not the same as blunt force durability. Thanos will get his sh!t pushed in with ease with that hammer.

Lastly, you can't believe that Thanos has more power output than Thor's Godblast?

basilisk
Piercing - Kuurth, based on Juggernaut's showings, and Kuurth should be at least Juggernaut.

Damage soak - Hard to say. Maybe edge to Kuurth.

Against Blast - without his forcefields deployed Thanos has been stunned briefly by a hand blaster. But in general he tanks that stuff well and also has the shields. I'd say equal, maybe slight edge to Kuurth using Jugg's showings.

Pain tolerance, etc, etc. - Hard to say again based on Kuurth's gibberish and limited showings. Maybe roughly equal. Thanos probably enjoys pain more.

Overall, well current Thanos would probably come back from any physical-based damage and death so he might be considered the winner in the event of some ridiculously high level damage attack. But not sure if that is kind of cheating as far as classifying actual durability goes.

Reacting2
FP Kuurth Durability >> Thanos, heck he didnt even have to use his FF...

Uriel005
Originally posted by leonidas
That's all that happened. Never showed it hurt in any way iirc. Great feat for mags though... Heh mags been really impressing lately. But I have to say that Kurth just doesn't have the comparable feats. Nothing against the character but they just don't exist so I have to say that this really should be a no contest as the information just isn't available for a fair comparison. IMO Kurth doesn't have anything that shows any particular failure or getting hurt IIRC and thats a big plus in his favor, but Thanos has a longer running record that I can safely give him an A+ on durability for a trans level character.

h1a8
Originally posted by Uriel005
mags been really impressing lately. But I have to say that Kurth just doesn't have the comparable feats. Nothing against the character but they just don't exist so I have to say that this really should be a no contest as the information just isn't available for a fair comparison. IMO Kurth doesn't have anything that shows any particular failure or getting hurt IIRC and thats a big plus in his favor, but Thanos has a longer running record that I can safely give him an A+ on durability for a trans level character.

Again, Kuurth does have feats. They are in Classic Juggs feats. It is canon that Kuurth has the power of Classic Jugs with the Serpents power.

Also Thanos blunt force durability is much less than he energy blast durability.

Reacting2
Again, Kuurth does have feats. They are in Classic Juggs feats. It is canon that Kuurth has the power of Classic Jugs with the Serpents power.

Also Thanos blunt force durability is much less than he energy blast durability. true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.