Captain America Question vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hyperion Prime
I know this isn't a verse thread (well it kind of is), but I want to ask you guys. Should Captain America officially get an upgrade? Should they have an arc like they did in the 1980s where he gets 10 ton sterngth like when he was with D-Man. This time keeping the upgrade. I mean I LOVE CAP, but he is doing some pretty off the wall stuff for a guy with "upper human limit strength."

Or is the mystique of Captain America that he does things he should not be able to do. Maybe that's what makes him great.

So I guess this is a verse thread. Do you want Cap to stay the same or go up a bunch of levels officially. he already has Super Serum in him so it would not be like it's cheating to boost his levels.

Endless Mike
Captain America should just stop beating people he has no business beating. Or even if he does he should at least be shown to exert a ****ton of effort and nearly die doing so.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Captain America should just stop beating people he has no business beating. Or even if he does he should at least be shown to exert a ****ton of effort and nearly die doing so.

So you want him to stay as he is then.....peak human?

CosmicComet
Captain America is already a multi-tonner by feats.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I know this isn't a verse thread (well it kind of is), but I want to ask you guys. Should Captain America officially get an upgrade? Should they have an arc like they did in the 1980s where he gets 10 ton sterngth like when he was with D-Man. This time keeping the upgrade. I mean I LOVE CAP, but he is doing some pretty off the wall stuff for a guy with "upper human limit strength."

Or is the mystique of Captain America that he does things he should not be able to do. Maybe that's what makes him great.

So I guess this is a verse thread. Do you want Cap to stay the same or go up a bunch of levels officially. he already has Super Serum in him so it would not be like it's cheating to boost his levels.

The first arc of the newest Captain American series was about Agent Bravo, a WW1 era super soldier with 2x peak human strength, who was pissed off that Captain America was stronger, faster, had supplanted him as the Allies premier Super Soldier and stole his girl friend.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Captain America is already a multi-tonner by feats.

QFT.

Guy isn't "peak human", handbooks and Wikipedia articles be damned. He's legitimately superhuman and consistently has been for years.

Once people stop trying to see him as "peak human" or equal in physical attributes to someone like Daredevil or Batman (which he clearly is superior to both), there shouldn't be hardly any issues. Someone like Cable or Bucky is peak human or very close to it and they both concede that Cap is at least twice as strong, fast, tough, etc as they are.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

The first arc of the newest Captain American series was about Agent Bravo, a WW1 era super soldier with 2x peak human strength, who was pissed off that Captain America was stronger, faster, had supplanted him as the Allies premier Super Soldier and stole his girl friend.

Then by what you are saying it has already been determined that Cap is definately over peak human strength.

JakeTheBank
Then by what you are saying it has already been determined that Cap is definately over peak human strength.

He has been for years.

Hyperion Prime
I still think they should just give him another treatment and put him in the Luke Cage category

Nietzschean
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

The first arc of the newest Captain American series was about Agent Bravo, a WW1 era super soldier with 2x peak human strength, who was pissed off that Captain America was stronger, faster, had supplanted him as the Allies premier Super Soldier and stole his girl friend. what?! eek! laughing

pym-ftw
I still think they should just give him another treatment and put him in the Luke Cage category
I agree I felt like this for a while, is like to see an arc where cap turns out to be a mutant

You know a war hero but still a freak in the publics eye.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.