Arishem vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who win this fight ?

Damborgson
http://www.oocities.org/brenni_au/CelestialArshem.JPG

♥

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson

♥
LOL.

And yes I agree.

Utrigita
Depending entirely on version of Galactus as well as hunger level imo.

guy222
ATJ

Slaanesh
if it's regular Galactus..Arishem takes this..

Endless Mike
It took 4 combined Celestials to take down Galactus

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Endless Mike

That galactus ate four planets, and those Celestials were no no names who ONE SHOT HIM.

Endless Mike
Named Celestials are stronger now?

PillarofOsiris
Named Celestials are stronger now?

Can you see Galactus one shot killing Arishem, Exitar, or Tiamut? Certain ones are, IMO. It's like no-name kryptonians vs Ursa, Supergirl, Superman, etc. Or Hal Jordan vs no name GLs. That's how comics work.

TheGodKiller

Earth-4280 Celestials . Mad Space Gods . Different from the mainstream 616 guys .

Utrigita
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Can you see Galactus one shot killing Arishem, Exitar, or Tiamut? Certain ones are, IMO. It's like no-name kryptonians vs Ursa, Supergirl, Superman, etc. Or Hal Jordan vs no name GLs. That's how comics work.

Arishem lost to Tiamut, who by himself defeated the rest of the second host (equal in number to what Galactus would have defeated had the Celestials not combined), Exitar himself is stated as being more powerful then the fourth host combined, I for one have a hard time seeing how exactly that example is meant to work. A more accurate example would be to present Devron, Eson and Gamiel (to toss out three named regular level Celestials from the 616). Also in regards to the no name weaker then named, a no name Celestial was mention and shown as being stronger then Kubik and Kosmos, beings with universal reality warping powers, just to put the no name into perspective, iirc not a single named Celestial from 616 have demonstrated powers on that level. Also I have never quite understood why it's so important that the Celestials originates from another reality, does that automatically make them weaker?

PillarofOsiris
Not weaker, just not the same. It's like using Ultimate Thor feats for 616 Thor. Or 616 Thor feats for Ultimate Thor. Who knows what tech Celestials in other universe developed. It may be the same, weaker or stronger. Who knows really.

Utrigita
Not weaker, just not the same. It's like using Ultimate Thor feats for 616 Thor. Or 616 Thor feats for Ultimate Thor. Who knows what tech Celestials in other universe developed. It may be the same, weaker or stronger. Who knows really.

Well the feats that the Mad Celestials produced imo was very impressive and at least leads me to believe that they are on the same level (if not above) the level of their 616 counterparts. But I agree with what you are saying, what I disagreed with was if you were implying in some way that the Mad Celestials are weaker simply because they originate from another universe.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Utrigita
what I disagreed with was if you were implying in some way that the Mad Celestials are weaker simply because they originate from another universe.

When did I say that? I guess I kind of implied "no name" celestials could be weaker, but I think that's generally how comics work, like I said. No name GLs, no name kryptonians, no name asgardians, tend to be fodder a lot of the times, but as you pointed out, that's not ALWAYS the case.

TheLordofMurder
What feats does Arishem have to suggest he'd win this fight?

Assuming Galactus is as he is current portrayed (and well fed), it seems to me he stands beyond any single Celestial (remember what happened in TI) not named Scathan...

In addition, since there is no jobbing in a forum fight, Galactus's poor track record of jobbing cant be used against him...

So once again, based on what does Arishem win this fight?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Assuming Galactus is as he is current portrayed (and well fed), it seems to me he stands beyond any single Celestial (remember what happened in TI) not named Scathan...

In addition, since there is no jobbing in a forum fight, Galactus's poor track record of jobbing cant be used against him...

You might be right in regards to Galactus vs Arishem, but I don't think he's above any Celestial not named Scathan. I know he was afraid of Tiamut, even before Tiamut ascended. Considering Exitar is more powerful than the entire fourth host, I'd say he would beat Galactus as well.

And I don't think it was an accident that Galactus ate four planets before he fought four celestials, which tells me, him eating one planet, makes him equal to one celestial. If that's true, this fight would depend on how many planets Galactus ate, if he was hungry, etc.

TheGodKiller

The fact that Arishem was referred as the "mightiest Celestial" of the 4th Host in Thor # 300 , along with his performance against 3 elite skyfathers , along with the fact that he withstood a point blank planet-core enhanced Mjolnir strike from Thor , leads me to believe that this fight is quite close , and is in all likelihood a toss-up .

Edit : Welcome back .

Darth Jello
If Arishem won. Wouldn't he soon be killed by Abraxas?

Damborgson

♥

guy222
the judge for me wins

zopzop
Originally posted by Darth Jello
If Arishem won. Wouldn't he soon be killed by Abraxas?
Where was Abraxas when Voltron comatosed/killed Galactus?

TheLordofMurder
You might be right in regards to Galactus vs Arishem, but I don't think he's above any Celestial not named Scathan. I know he was afraid of Tiamut, even before Tiamut ascended. Considering Exitar is more powerful than the entire fourth host, I'd say he would beat Galactus as well.

And I don't think it was an accident that Galactus ate four planets before he fought four celestials, which tells me, him eating one planet, makes him equal to one celestial. If that's true, this fight would depend on how many planets Galactus ate, if he was hungry, etc.

As pertains Galactus being scared of Tiamut, Galactus wasnt scared of an IG amped Thanos, so I chalk up Galactus being scared of Tiamut up to them jobbing Galactus out to establish Tiamuts credibility...

As pertains Exitar, yeah its stated that hes that strong, but there is no feat of his to back it up; didnt Exitar have to prep 1000 years (or something like that) to defeat the greatest of the Watchers?

And just to go back to Tiamut for a moment, Galactus outperformed a "host" of Celestials against The Galactus Engine...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The fact that Arishem was referred as the "mightiest Celestial" of the 4th Host in Thor # 300 , along with his performance against 3 elite skyfathers , along with the fact that he withstood a point blank planet-core enhanced Mjolnir strike from Thor , leads me to believe that this fight is quite close , and is in all likelihood a toss-up .

Edit : Welcome back .

Thanx bro! smile

You might be right, btw, about Arishem and Galactus being a toss up, but wasnt Arishem (atleast it sort of appeared to be) one of the Celestials present when Galactus was the last man standing against The Galactus Engine?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by zopzop
Where was Abraxas when Voltron comatosed/killed Galactus?

He wasn't dead. Writers confirmed this.

DTM
Fully powered, Id pick Galactus to defeat any single Celestial.

TheGodKiller
Thanx bro! smile

You might be right, btw, about Arishem and Galactus being a toss up, but wasnt Arishem (atleast it sort of appeared to be) one of the Celestials present when Galactus was the last man standing against The Galactus Engine?

Yup . I have always agreed that Galactus' only decent feat compared to 616 Celestials is that he apparently outlasted them against the GE . Apart from that , based on Arishem's showing against Odin , Zeus and Vishnu , along with the one against Thor , plus kid Franklin Richards(who was around the power of an average 616-Celestial) outperforming Galactus against Mephisto in his own realm , gives an edge with regard to those instances , to a high end Celestial like Arishem .

TheLordofMurder
Yup . I have always agreed that Galactus' only decent feat compared to 616 Celestials is that he apparently outlasted them against the GE . Apart from that , based on Arishem's showing against Odin , Zeus and Vishnu , along with the one against Thor , plus kid Franklin Richards(who was around the power of an average 616-Celestial) outperforming Galactus against Mephisto in his own realm , gives an edge with regard to those instances , to a high end Celestial like Arishem .

Hmmm...that is true...I guess it is a toss up afterall.

thumb up

PillarofOsiris

As pertains Exitar, yeah its stated that hes that strong, but there is no feat of his to back it up; didnt Exitar have to prep 1000 years (or something like that) to defeat the greatest of the Watchers?

Well, he didn't just defeat him, he ONE-SHOT KILLED HIM. And I don't think he was just sitting around storing energy either, because we see him in MANY battles just a few years before that battle, so that didn't even really make much sense.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

guy222
Celestial

basilisk
Yup . I have always agreed that Galactus' only decent feat compared to 616 Celestials is that he apparently outlasted them against the GE . Apart from that , based on Arishem's showing against Odin , Zeus and Vishnu , along with the one against Thor , plus kid Franklin Richards(who was around the power of an average 616-Celestial) outperforming Galactus against Mephisto in his own realm , gives an edge with regard to those instances , to a high end Celestial like Arishem . Yeah, and we didn't even see what happened with the GE.

Arishem FTW, though Galactus will no doubt make a fight of it before he goes down.

Power Cosmic II
Galactus has the combat feats. Arishem hasn't fought any cosmic being/cosmic entity one-on-one to substantiate any claims of superiority.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by DTM
Fully powered, Id pick Galactus to defeat any single Celestial.

Effect Veiler
Ashirem is a low tier Celestial who was knocked around by Thor? And Galactus has killed numerous Celestials and taken dumps on pretty much every Asgardian.

Let me put it this way, if you don't see why Galactus would win then you wouldn't be able to read signals even if a woman pepper sprayed you in public.

Yep, this is another guaranteed 10/10.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Effect Veiler
Ashirem is a low tier Celestial who was knocked around by Thor? And Galactus has killed numerous Celestials and taken dumps on pretty much every Asgardian.

Let me put it this way, if you don't see why Galactus would win then you wouldn't be able to read signals even if a woman pepper sprayed you in public.

What makes you think Arishem is a low tier Celestial?

Knocked around by Thor? I guess we have different definitions of "knocked around". But while we're on the subject, Thor has driven back Galatus, cracked his helmet twice, BRB has cracked his helmet, Odin has had a good showing against him, etc. Just recently Thor made Galactus feel pain.

And who are these numerous 616 Celestials that a non-amped Galactus has killed?

Effect Veiler
What makes you think Arishem is a low tier Celestial?
Because he's doesn't have any titles or feats suggesting otherwise.

Knocked around by Thor? I guess we have different definitions of "knocked around".
Let's see, making him fall on his back, impaling him with a sword, etc. Yeah, knocked around. He also shot Thor twice without stopping him.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris But while we're on the subject, Thor has driven back Galatus, cracked his helmet twice, BRB has cracked his helmet, Odin has had a good showing against him, etc. Just recently Thor made Galactus feel pain.
That's known as PIS. Why? Because Galactus has knocked out Thor with the uttermost ease more times than I care to remember.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris And who are these numerous 616 Celestials that a non-amped Galactus has killed?
They are unnamed. But the forum doesn't allow me to post links or images.

PillarofOsiris
Because he's doesn't have any titles or feats suggesting otherwise.

How many Celestials have their own titles?

Let's see, making him fall on his back, impaling him with a sword, etc. Yeah, knocked around. He also shot Thor twice without stopping him.

You know Thor with that sword isn't a normal Thor right? Also, Arishem wasn't hurt by either attack.

That's known as PIS. Why? Because Galactus has knocked out Thor with the uttermost ease more times than I care to remember.

So that's PIS, but Thor "knocking around" a being who can swat Odin away like a fly isn't? In actuality, Thor, BRB, and Odin all have CONSISTENTLY done well against Galactus (depending on your definition of "doing well"wink. Beta Ray Bill could have killed Galactus had he wanted to.

They are unnamed. But the forum doesn't allow me to post links or images.

You mean an unnamed Celestial from a different universe, being killed by a Galactus who had just consumed 4 planets?

Effect Veiler
How many Celestials have their own titles?

You know Thor with that sword isn't a normal Thor right? Also, Arishem wasn't hurt by either attack.

So that's PIS, but Thor "knocking around" a being who can swat Odin away like a fly isn't? In actuality, Thor, BRB, and Odin all have CONSISTENTLY done well against Galactus (depending on your definition of "doing well"wink. Beta Ray Bill could have killed Galactus had he wanted to.

You mean an unnamed Celestial from a different universe, being killed by a Galactus who had just consumed 4 planets?

What does it matter?

He still took two blasts from the Celestials and could still fight and tipped him over before he got hold of the sword. Galactus would've one-shotted Thor.

It's PIS because there are no other records. Also doesn't Galactus have a multiverse destroying device? That's beyond any Celestial.

No there are two Celestials getting killed in this scan.

PillarofOsiris

He still took two blasts from the Celestials and could still fight and tipped him over before he got hold of the sword. Galactus would've one-shotted Thor.

Really? You mean like this:

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsGalactus07Avengers5.jpg

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/?action=view&current=ThorvsGalactus08.jpg

Looks like Thor's starting to get up after getting blasted by Galactus there. There are other examples as well, as spread out over DECADES of Thor not being one-shot by Galactus.

PillarofOsiris
What does it matter?

It matters because you claimed Arishem was a low tier Celestial because he has no titles or feats.

PillarofOsiris
oh, and to your comment about him being beyond any Celestial:

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/12341640_6.jpg

I'm guessing you don't mean the Celestial that one-shot him right after he ate four planets, or is that PIS too?

Mindset
Weren't those 4 celestials?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Mindset
Weren't those 4 celestials?

3 or 4, it's unclear to me if the 4th was involved as he was dead. But that Galactus ate four planets so he was "amped" also, and technically they combined into one celestial, and he said over any celestial, which he was at that point.

Now if Arishem can trump the entire rest of fourth host by himself, that would make him beyond multiple celestials himself, and certainly not a "low tier celestial".

Damborgson

Since when is Arishem the Judge, leader of the 4th host a low tier celelsial? The only time he was "knocked around" by Thor was when Thor shattered the pillars he was on. Whats that supposed to prove? Arishem has no sold three high skyfather's concentrated assault and made them bow to him.

I guess you don't know about or ignore Thor's previous history and fights with Galactus and how many time's he's affected and hurt him.

Mindset
3 or 4, it's unclear to me if the 4th was involved as he was dead. But that Galactus ate four planets so he was "amped" also, and technically they combined into one celestial, and he said over any celestial, which he was at that point.

Now if Arishem can trump the entire rest of fourth host by himself, that would make him beyond multiple celestials himself, and certainly not a "low tier celestial". That's still 4 celestials.

Arishem would get styled on by the entire 4th host.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Mindset
That's still 4 celestials.

They WERE 4, but they did turn into ONE. So the new combined Celestial, is one being. But OK, fair enough.

Power Cosmic II
Exitar is stated as being beyond the entire 4th host. I don't recall it ever being said that Arishem is beyond the entire 4th host.

Arishem doesn't have the combat feats against cosmic beings that Galactus does.

Galactus KO'd thor in their first encounter by merely using a "visi-cloud"

In the scans you posted, which come from an alternate reality, Thor WAS one-shotted by Galactus, much in the same way that Phoenix Cyclops one-shotted Thor most recently.

BRB is irrelevant since that Galactus was near death. The fact that you have to bring up a near death Galactus to illustrate how vulnerable he can be to certain characters doesn't support your argument since by default forum fights stipulate participants aren't extra-ordinarily weakened or de-powered. Oh, and BRB cracking his armor is a useless feat. It was even dismissed the next panel over as being useless (literally "it is of little importance"wink

Odin engaged Galactus in TP and was on the verge of losing. Thor cheap-shotted Galactus in the head while engaged in TP and while causing him pain, the TP was still engaged and Odin was still on the verge of losing. That's more of a feat for Galactus IMO since Thor ultimately didn't accomplish anything since G was able to STILL maintain his TP and Odin admitted the next issue he had to break the TP off because he couldn't continue.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Exitar is stated as being beyond the entire 4th host. I don't recall it ever being said that Arishem is beyond the entire 4th host.

Arishem doesn't have the combat feats against cosmic beings that Galactus does.

Galactus KO'd thor in their first encounter by merely using a "visi-cloud"

In the scans you posted, which come from an alternate reality, Thor WAS one-shotted by Galactus, much in the same way that Phoenix Cyclops one-shotted Thor most recently.

BRB is irrelevant since that Galactus was near death. The fact that you have to bring up a near death Galactus to illustrate how vulnerable he can be to certain characters doesn't support your argument since by default forum fights stipulate participants aren't extra-ordinarily weakened or de-powered. Oh, and BRB cracking his armor is a useless feat. It was even dismissed the next panel over as being useless (literally "it is of little importance"wink

Odin engaged Galactus in TP and was on the verge of losing. Thor cheap-shotted Galactus in the head while engaged in TP and while causing him pain, the TP was still engaged and Odin was still on the verge of losing. That's more of a feat for Galactus IMO since Thor ultimately didn't accomplish anything since G was able to STILL maintain his TP and Odin admitted the next issue he had to break the TP off because he couldn't continue.

I guess you missed the point of what I was saying. This isn't a Thor vs galactus or Odin vs galactus thread.

Power Cosmic II
I guess you missed the point of what I was saying. This isn't a Thor vs galactus or Odin vs galactus thread.

You made it that point when you kept referring to BRB and Thor.

Knocked around by Thor? I guess we have different definitions of "knocked around". But while we're on the subject, Thor has driven back Galatus, cracked his helmet twice, BRB has cracked his helmet, Odin has had a good showing against him, etc. Just recently Thor made Galactus feel pain.

Replying to this post isn't "missing the point." It contains either irrelevancy (BRB the opportunity to kill a near death Galactus) or indifference (BRB cracking G's helmet, when not only was Galactus hungry, Galactus quickly dismissed it as inconsequential) and highly debatable (Odin did well against Galactus in a TP battle, and still would have lost. The rest, including the headbutt, is embarrassing at best for Odin). Thor caused Galactus pain while he was distracted against Odin in TP. Thor blasting Galactus while near death in FF and making him feel pain is negated by a much more relatively recent feat of Galactus being near death in Galactus the devourer and being completely unfazed by Thor's attacks. So the only times Thor has "done well" against Galactus are either near death or distracted in a TP battle.

eaebiakuya
The mad celestials have any feat ?

Utrigita
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
The mad celestials have any feat ?

Defeating a Council of Reeds, three mad celestials had the power to defeat Franklin Richards so they are by no means pushovers.

eaebiakuya
But how we can compare then with Arishen

StiltmanFTW
bump

lawest9
Arisen, Galactus power level varies too much due to his hunger.

ilikecomics
Seeing this made me feel nostalgic. Good bump, stilt.

Both lose to beta ray bill.

Damborgson
Since when is Arishem the Judge, leader of the 4th host a low tier celelsial? The only time he was "knocked around" by Thor was when Thor shattered the pillars he was on. Whats that supposed to prove? Arishem has no sold three high skyfather's concentrated assault and made them bow to him.

I guess you don't know about or ignore Thor's previous history and fights with Galactus and how many time's he's affected and hurt him.

Stfu Damborg.

Genii96
Depends on how fed Galactus is

Stoic
At his most powerful, Galactus should be above nearly any one Celestial. Look at how beastly he became from munching on Dark Dimension magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.