Metal Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
A possible screen future under director Barry Sonnenfeld?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/21/from-men-in-black-to-the-metal-men

I don't know if this goes any further than that Doom Patrol announcement several years ago. But the idea it could be a Fantastic Four/Transformers mash-up... erm

I smell another Green Lantern style flop if it goes ahead, with all the reality warping stunts they would try to pull with their robot bodies.

Bentley
I want this to word so we get MM ongoings forever.

Prep-Man
I think Barry can be perfect with this. I hope it's good. It has potential to be kid friendly and make some good money.

Galan007
It would be a huge flop, imo.

Even for many hardcore comic book fans, The Metal Men are still a little known/obscure team. The average joe wouldn't know what the hell this movie is about, and I doubt they'd care enough to go out and see it in the theater... Stick to what people know, DC!

However, I think it could make for a GREAT animated flick.

Kazenji
Whats Metal Men?

Nephthys
Some scientist ******* builds a bunch of robots based off of metals. So you've got Mercury that has a liquid body and can shapeshift, Titanium thats really tough, blah blah wacky hi-jinks.

JakeTheBank
They were awesome in Brave in the Bold and I think Metal Men could work as an animated series or short film, but a full length feature film?

Geez, DC.

Prep-Man
of course it would work with the right script. i doubt it will be an epic movie that is over 2 hours. more like an hour and a half at best. and DC didnt green light this, WB did. DC has no say over what movies WB brings out. i say take the chance.

Nephthys
http://www.toplessrobot.com/truly-awesome-comics-characters-mugshots-2009070310051799-Metal_Mugshots_by_DocShaner_jpg.jpg

Heres the metal men for dudes not in the know.

roughrider
Barry Sonnenfeld peaked with Men In Black in 1997. Since then it's been pretty downhill; two MIB sequels that were crappy to mediocre, RV (ugh), Big Trouble (9/11 turned that film into a disaster) and then there's Wild Wild West...the crowning turd in the water pipe!

I thought the Metal Men were fun when I was younger...but there was no Transformers then, and I got past the age of ten. I mean, if DC thinks there is real potential as a live action film, then get ready for that Wonder Twins film as well!

Prep-Man
MIB 3 was pretty good and has a better score on imdb versus MIB. and its not dc, but WB. WB thinks they can make this into a fun movie. Metal Men is still a great concept and their last maxi series was fantastic. in case any of you didnt read it.

Kazenji
Yeah MIB 3 was great alot better then the second movie.

Bentley
Originally posted by Nephthys
Some scientist ******* builds a bunch of robots based off of metals. So you've got Mercury that has a liquid body and can shapeshift, Titanium thats really tough, blah blah wacky hi-jinks.

They all shapeshift actually. You should read their last mini, pretty fun. A MM film should be entirely about Doctor Will Magnus having hardcore science adventures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.