Thanos Vs Saint Of Killers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/760/87981-63921-saint-of-killers_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113945/2396734-thanos_large.jpg

Nihilist
SoK

iceman24567
I suppose Thanos stays dead?

pym-ftw
Didn't an immortal already survive his guns enchantment? So thanos should win unless sok has some amazing damage soak

zopzop
@pym-ftw
Exactly. He kills God and crew yet he can't put down an undead creature (proven with on panel evidence). Thanos, with his link to the universal/multiversal (see Cancerverse fiasco) Death Abstract, can not only survive, but he can kill SoK.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by zopzop
@pym-ftw
Exactly. He kills God and crew yet he can't put down an undead creature (proven with on panel evidence). Thanos, with his link to the universal/multiversal (see Cancerverse fiasco) Death Abstract, can not only survive, but he can kill SoK. #

Except that the writer of Preacher himself specifically stated that was a mistake as he was just working out exactly what the character was - he fails to kill Cassidy in something like the third issue of Preacher, and then by the time he is a fully established character it's clear that that was a mistake. I mean, writers comments aren't usually taken into much account, but when a writer states that an exact instance was a mistake and shouldn't have happened, it should be considered...

And based on what could Thanos hurt the SoK? He was literally never hurt in the entire run of Preacher no matter what was thrown at him...

zopzop
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
#

Except that the writer of Preacher himself specifically stated that was a mistake as he was just working out exactly what the character was - he fails to kill Cassidy in something like the third issue of Preacher, and then by the time he is a fully established character it's clear that that was a mistake. I mean, writers comments aren't usually taken into much account, but when a writer states that an exact instance was a mistake and shouldn't have happened, it should be considered...

And based on what could Thanos hurt the SoK? He was literally never hurt in the entire run of Preacher no matter what was thrown at him...
On panel showings >>>>>>>>>>>>writer comments or handbooks. Vertigo's fail God isn't Marvel's Death (Thanos' backer). If SoK failed to destroy an Undead creature, he sure as hell isn't killing Thanos if Death doesn't allow it. Then Thanos can do whatever he wants to do to him. Mind fxck would be a good place to start. That way Thanos has a new herald. He needs one since T and A killed his last slave.

Galan007
facepalm / laughing out loud @ the low-balling.

SoK killed the entire Heavenly Host, God, and Satan. He can kill Thanos. Absolutely no doubt about it.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
facepalm / laughing out loud @ the low-balling.

SoK killed the entire Heavenly Host, God, and Satan. He can kill Thanos. Absolutely no doubt about it.
He couldn't kill a vampire! Can't kill what's already dead eh? laughing

Thanos 10/10.

Galan007
So instead of looking at his other feats, in which he killed conceptual beings well beyond a Vampire, you look exclusively at the only low showing he ever accumulated? laughing out loud That's the sign of an excellent debater, right there. thumb up

Anyway, SoK wins. This is spite, really.

zopzop
So instead of looking at his other feats, in which he killed conceptual beings well beyond a Vampire, you look exclusively at the only low showing he ever accumulated? laughing out loud That's the sign of an excellent debater, right there. thumb up

Anyway, SoK wins. This is spite, really.
Wrong, since it was already SHOWN ON PANEL that he can't kill an undead creature. If Death doesn't want Thanos dead, he's not dying............PERIOD.

We've already seen Death can destroy or at least temporarily put down even unkillable creatures FOR EONS.

We've seen Thanos can mindr@pe even insane Cube Beings.

Thanos wouldn't even WANT to kill SoK, he could use a new herald and who better than a redneck Angel of Death type?

Thanos 10/10.

JakeTheBank
SoK.

Galan007
Wrong, since it was already SHOWN ON PANEL that he can't kill an undead creature. It was also "SHOWN ON PANEL" that SoK can kill the entire Heavenly Host(Angels)--that he can kill demons--that he can kill God--that he can kill Satan.

But you say a single showing from one of his first appearances, in which he didn't kill a phuckin' Vampire, outweighs all of the above? Makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

If this guy can kill Heaven (Angels), Satan, and God...but failed to kill a vampire...which is the inconsistent showing and is outside of the norm?

It seems to be that the vampire fiasco was the PIS event here...

SoK should win this with ease...

JakeTheBank
That really doesn't make sense to use SoK's earlier appearance where he didn't kill someone outright as proof he can't kill Thanos...especially when in future issues he's fleshed out more and his feats showing who he can kill easily outweigh his earlier attempt in both quantity and scope.

Even disregarding writer's statement, consistently, SoK's feats > that one instance of him not being able to kill a vampire.

zopzop
It was also "SHOWN ON PANEL" that SoK can kill the entire Heavenly Host--that he can kill demons--that he can kill God--that he can kill Satan.

But you say a single showing in which he didn't kill a Vampire outweighs all of the above? Makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

God and Satan aren't Undead, plus they were a joke in that Vertigo universe. If Death wanted to, she could reanimate Thanos that exact same way, hell if Death wanted to Thanos would never die. SoKs' guns were forged from the Angel of Death's sword. GTFO of here with this garbage.

Marvel's Death is a universal/multiversal Abstract not some half naked winged loser. SoKs' guns wouldn't do sh|t against Thanos, just like they couldn't kill Cassidy and just like they wouldn't do sh|t vs Frankenstein (according to you).
imo, Franky is even more undead than a vampire (if that makes any sense.) That said, I highly doubt SoK's guns would do much more than make Franky twitch a bit. However, there are still SoK's ridiculous 'physical' attributes which should give him the definitive edge, here.

Thanos 10/10.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

If this guy can kill Heaven (Angels), Satan, and God...but failed to kill a vampire...which is the inconsistent showing and is outside of the norm?

It seems to be that the vampire fiasco was the PIS event here...

SoK should win this with ease...
LoM, have you seen the "Satan" and "God" of that Vertigo world? "Blubbering idiots" is too kind a description of them.

Galan007
God and Satan aren't Undead, plus they were a joke in that Vertigo universe. laughing out loudx1 for making such an idiotic comment.

laughing out loudx2 for trying to use a comment I made several years ago against me. Since then I've thought about how ridiculous the Cassidy scene was, and thought about the plethora of other feats SoK has which completely discredit that scene. Thus, I have since changed my opinion on the matter *see the above statements for my current opinion.*

You fail. Utterly and completely.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That really doesn't make sense to use SoK's earlier appearance where he didn't kill someone outright as proof he can't kill Thanos...especially when in future issues he's fleshed out more and his feats showing who he can kill easily outweigh his earlier attempt in both quantity and scope.

Even disregarding writer's statement, consistently, SoK's feats > that one instance of him not being able to kill a vampire. This.

zopzop
laughing out loudx1 for making such an idiotic comment.

laughing out loudx2 for trying to use a comment I made several years ago against me. Since then I've thought about how ridiculous the Cassidy scene was, and thought about the plethora of other feats SoK has which completely discredit that scene. Thus, I have since changed my opinion on the matter *see the above statements for my current opinion.*

You fail. Utterly and completely.

thumb down For thinking a fat red slob aka Vertigo Satan or a whiney old man aka Fail God of Vertigo are in anyway comparable to Marvel's Death.

thumb down thumb down For thinking a guy that can bust planets as an after effect of his fights, goes up against Marvel level Skyfather Beings, and is backed by one of the biggest Abstracts in 616 Reality is gonna lose to a guy whose guns are made from the sword of the Angel of Death.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
thumb up

SoK wins. smile

zopzop
thumb up

SoK wins. smile
Meh to you! nono

Mr Master
I have and read the whole Preacher saga.

God in this universe is basically an idiot, (seriously)
and off his thrown he's vulnerable enough to kill.

SOK, other than killing angels, the devil and God while off his thrown,
is all I remember SOK doing,
other than that, he killed nobodies and failed to kill anything that was "undead."

SOK didn't face any Cosmics of any type that I remember,
he didn't even face heroes now that I recall.

If I remember correctly, I don't think there were even heroes in that universe.

Endless Mike
Well there was Jesse Custer, he would be an antihero.

SoK froze hell with his hatred in a spinoff though (this was before he got his guns)

Galan007
Not all comic book universes are centered around cosmics.

Regardless, SoK killed demons in Hell. He killed Satan. He killed the entire Heavenly Host. He killed God. Anyone who honestly thinks that his guns failing to perma-kill a phuckin' Vampire early on in the series supersedes all of the aforementioned, then... I can't help but shake my head.

Meh, w/e. At least I'm far from the only one with that opinion. /shrug

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Well there was Jesse Custer, he would be an antihero.
Come on Mike.

That Preacher-verse is a joke. ...

Other than a "devil" a goofy "god" and angels that didn't prove to be anything special,
no one of significance exists in that silly universe to oppose SOK,
I mean their "god" can be killed. laughing out loud

In the Marvel-verse,
if you're the supreme being, or you the have the supreme power,
no one is touching you, no one can touch you.

That's the way it should be.

SoK froze hell with his hatred in a spinoff though (this was before he got his guns)
Exactly, the Preacher-verse version of a "hell" ...

Galactus was munching on a "hell" ...

Endless Mike
I was just pointing out that he had a feat you didn't mention. And Jesse had a pretty good power.

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Didn't an immortal already survive his guns enchantment? So thanos should win unless sok has some amazing damage soak

That's an outlier though. Going by the rest of his feats, it's fair to call that PIS. (Ennis also later lamented that piece of writing..)

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mr Master

Exactly, the Preacher-verse version of a "hell" ...

Galactus was munching on a "hell" ...

There's "hell", and there's hell.

Galactus munching on Death herself is a more appropriate comparison. For all intents and purposes, Preacher-verse God and Devil are the supreme beings in that universe, and therefore there's no basis for comparing them with "lesser gods".. (As the supreme being of Peachers universe actually created that universe, while lesser gods did not in Marvel, TOOA did..)

It's like claiming killing Thor is analogous to killing Preacher-verse God.

Mr Master
Originally posted by cdtm

Cool, and Marvel has both kinds.

Galactus munching on Death herself is a more appropriate
comparison. For all intents and purposes, Preacher-verse God and
Devil are the supreme beings in that universe, and therefore there's
no basis for comparing them with "lesser gods"..

(As the supreme being of Peachers universe actually created that
universe, while lesser gods did not in Marvel, TOOA did..)

I disagree that the Divine hierarchy of the Preacher-verse
compares with the Marvel hierarchy or DC for that matter.

I mean, we got folks in here debating how someone can beat the
IG cause they believe it only has universal feats (not true of-course)
but still, so figure, although it makes you "God" "Supreme" "master of space/time,"
because the opponent has multi-universal or Multiversal feats,
this gives them an auto win against the IG,
or, the IG can hurt them cause they've manipulated multiversal energies.

Basically, within that one Reality the Preacher-verse,
"god" the "devil" and the "angels" did nothing spectacular.

In fact, the only excitement in the entire story is SOK killing them.

Even Preacher using "god's voice" was clowny and almost irrelevant,
since he used it only a few times and for stupid shit too.

The Preacher-verse "god" created that universe with his ass nailed to his thrown,
I have many Marvel cats who can create Universes with no need for a stipulation.

----------------------------------------------

btw.

Actually, "lesser gods" have created the Marvel-verse.

Infinity Being
Sise-Neg
Alien Entity/Reed
Entropy/Genis ~> Eternity/infinity
I would say Thanos/HOTI but he had TOAA's power so I'll let that pass.

They all created the Marvel Universe from nothingness,
so all of them were the Supreme being at the height of their power.

So all of them were untouchable, and none of them relied on an
outside source to maintain their position/power like the "god" of the
Preacher-verse who was a buffoon already and moreover killable
off his thrown.

Anyway, Dracula ftw, or any other bone-head who controls the dead. stick out tongue

Mindset
SoK wins.

/thread

Galan007

Galactus munching on Death herself is a more appropriate comparison. For all intents and purposes, Preacher-verse God and Devil are the supreme beings in that universe, and therefore there's no basis for comparing them with "lesser gods".. (As the supreme being of Peachers universe actually created that universe, while lesser gods did not in Marvel, TOOA did..)

It's like claiming killing Thor is analogous to killing Preacher-verse God. Couldn't agree more.

pym-ftw
Does sok have any speed fts.

Couldn't thanos speed blitz and bfr the guns?

Endless Mike
Couldn't agree more.

Oh come on. This is the same type of "logic" the Haruhitards use.

Mindset
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Does sok have any speed fts.

Couldn't thanos speed blitz and bfr the guns? Thanos...speedblitz?

cdtm
Oh come on. This is the same type of "logic" the Haruhitards use.

Don't know her, but from a quick Google, she sounds powerful enough to beat Thanos too. (She also sounds like an awful character. O_o)

I'm not saying one supreme being = another, I'm saying being the only supreme being of a universe has to count for something. At the least, it's proof they created said universe, as there's no one else around.

And that's many tiers above Thanos level.

In the SOK's case, he's the angel of death. Basically, that universes Black Racer, at the very least, if not comparable with a high tier cosmic like Endless Death or Marvel Death.

Black Racer level, that's above Thanos too, imo..

Endless Mike
Don't know her, but from a quick Google, she sounds powerful enough to beat Thanos too.

That's not the point.

This isn't the point either (despite being true).

It was stated in supplemental material actually that Preacherverse God did create that universe, but my point is that he's not on the level of Marvel abstracts. Not saying Thanos is, either.

cdtm
That's not the point.

This isn't the point either (despite being true).

It was stated in supplemental material actually that Preacherverse God did create that universe, but my point is that he's not on the level of Marvel abstracts. Not saying Thanos is, either.

Look at what I was responding to. Mr. Master lowballing Peacher-verse hell by claiming "Galactus was munching on hell". (Mephisto is pretty low tier, as hell lords go.)

In any event, the only point that "really" matters for this thread, is that Thanos loses. wink

DarkSaint85
I think SoK wins, based on how they've been portrayed.

NemeBro
Mephisto is pretty low tier, as hell lords go Query: What exactly has Preacher Satan done, to put himself above Mephisto, or Thanos?

What has the Angelic Host done to put them above Thanos?

What has God off his Throne done, that puts him above Thanos?

Because, it's just the darnest thing, I always see people post "SoK killed God, Satan, and the entire Angelic Host, he wins", never "SoK killed God, Satan, and the entire Angelic Host, and this is impressive because..."

All the SoK supporters are doing is tossing around titles without any substance.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
Query: What exactly has Preacher Satan done, to put himself above Mephisto, or Thanos?

Kind of sad when being God and an angel of death of a universe isn't good enough against someone like Thanos anymore...

If religion was allowed on KMC, I bet people would start asking for proof why Thanos doesn't stomp Buddah or Yaweh too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheGodKiller
I have and read the whole Preacher saga.

God in this universe is basically an idiot, (seriously)
and off his thrown he's vulnerable enough to kill.

SOK, other than killing angels, the devil and God while off his thrown,
is all I remember SOK doing,
other than that, he killed nobodies and failed to kill anything that was "undead."

SOK didn't face any Cosmics of any type that I remember,
he didn't even face heroes now that I recall.

If I remember correctly, I don't think there were even heroes in that universe.

IIRC , then the author of Preacher was an atheist who basically wrote that entire series to poke fun at the (old testament?) Biblical myths and inconsistencies . Their God was not just a blithering idiot , but also an egomaniac of the highest order , and he was more or less a parody of Jehovah .

That said , considering how Thanos was able to survive the Necropsy Ritual(a process specifically meant to kill him) , I doubt SoK is doing much here(irrespective of whether or not we consider that he failed to kill a vampire) .

cdtm
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

That said , considering how Thanos was able to survive the Necropsy Ritual(a process specifically meant to kill him) , I doubt SoK is doing much here(irrespective of whether or not we consider that he failed to kill a vampire) .

Thanos would have died, though. That's the entire plot point behind 616 Death entering that universe.

And the only reason he didn't die, is because Death decided to be a ***** towards him and cut him off from dying.

TheGodKiller
Thanos would have died, though. That's the entire plot point behind 616 Death entering that universe.

And the only reason he didn't die, is because Death decided to be a ***** towards him and cut him off from dying.

Except he didn't . I originally thought that he died but was brought back by Death along with his immortality curse . However he's still talking and very much alive even after being stabbed by the Infinity Blade/Necropsy Blade . He was bruised and battered , yes .

But dead ? no

the ninjak
I have never been so torn on a debate here.

SoK killed supreme beings, but the Preacher-verse was a cynical and flawed world and story.
-Satan was a depressed thug who hated his job and was defeated in his own plane once a psychotic killer emerged in his realm and froze it.
--The Angel of Death, playing a card game with Satan is also depressed and over it gladly gives up his sword (creating the Saints six-shooters) and dies.
---God was nothing more than a thug who wasn't all-wise and loving and only seemed to care about retaining followers, who supplied him love and faith that empowered him. He resorted to dealing with psychopathic killers to do his work for him.

Gods influence on the universe was so weak. That once a demoness mated with an archangel it created a new idea called Genesis and God simply QUIT! This new idea is a sheer representation of the writers intent on how pathetic these entities are and intentions are simply AntiReligious in nature.

One has to also factor in the flaws like the Saint failing to kill-

-the Adephi angel instantly upon resurrecting him. He died after a conversation.
-and Cassidy who the writer had to defend later. Undead or not it's a poor excuse.

Now God was able to see, locate and talk to Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy whenever he wanted. But couldn't kill him. He was able to guide Jodie and T.C. to him with ease which initiated the intent to manipulate Jesse into becoming an ally to God. But Jesse wouldn't have a bar of it. My point is......

If the Saint of Killers shot Jesse would Genesis have died along with him?
And if so, why didn't Jesse's family simply tie him up whilst the Saint arrived and put a bullet in his head?

My end argument is these Almighty god figures in Preacher were cheap and don't stand up to Marvel's versions.

After reading the comments here which have helped I'm siding with Thanos. He has survived death through through methods like being killed by a Life Avatar and the Necropsy Blade. Odds are he probably survives the bullets.

And the look on the Saint's face will be priceless as Thanos pounds in to finish him. And that raises another question. SoK never took damage. But considering the saga's idea on everything having a limit...... even God. Thanos would probably bend his spine apart.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by the ninjak

Gods influence on the universe was so weak. That once a demoness mated with an archangel it created a new idea called Genesis and God simply QUIT! This new idea is a sheer representation of the writers intent on how pathetic these entities are and intentions are simply AntiReligious in nature.

IIIRC , wasn't Genesis mentioned as being more powerful than God even as an infant ?

Also , the author of the Preacher series was an anti-theist atheist and the entire premise of those series was to mock the Old Testament representation of God as an egomaniac , and to parody the inconsistencies of Biblical myths .

Mr Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
Query: What exactly has Preacher Satan done, to put himself above Mephisto, or Thanos?

Because, it's just the darnest thing, I always see people post "SoK killed God, Satan, and the entire Angelic Host, he wins",
never "SoK killed God, Satan, and the entire Angelic Host, and this is impressive because..."

All the SoK supporters are doing is tossing around titles without any substance.
thumb up Couldn't agree more.

Mindset
IIIRC , wasn't Genesis mentioned as being more powerful than God even as an infant ?

Also , the author of the Preacher series was an anti-theist atheist and the entire premise of those series was to mock the Old Testament representation of God as an egomaniac , and to parody the inconsistencies of Biblical myths . No.

He did a pretty horrible job in that respect, I still enjoyed the series, though.

the ninjak

Also , the author of the Preacher series was an anti-theist atheist and the entire premise of those series was to mock the Old Testament representation of God as an egomaniac , and to parody the inconsistencies of Biblical myths .

And he ended up being inconsistant in the process. Great series regardless no one will deny that.

It's these inconsistencies that will lose the fight for the Saint.

And in regards to Genesis being more powerful as an infant? Well one can't call Genesis an infant, it's an idea. And at the same time being a representation of man rising up above his forefathers tribal belief systems. Genesis and the Saint were practically the same idea.
-Genesis was a new idea/truth that threatened the status quo.
-The Saint was a man whose nature, instincts and general existence was heavier than an ancient force that specialized in what he was for aeons.

Mr Master
Except he didn't . I originally thought that he died but was brought back by Death along with his immortality curse . However he's still talking and very much alive even after being stabbed by the Infinity Blade/Necropsy Blade . He was bruised and battered , yes .

But dead ? :
I have never been so torn on a debate here.

SoK killed supreme beings, but the Preacher-verse was a cynical and flawed world and story.
-Satan was a depressed thug who hated his job and was defeated in his own plane once a psychotic killer emerged in his realm and froze it.
--The Angel of Death, playing a card game with Satan is also depressed and over it gladly gives up his sword (creating the Saints six-shooters) and dies.
---God was nothing more than a thug who wasn't all-wise and loving and only seemed to care about retaining followers, who supplied him love and faith that empowered him. He resorted to dealing with psychopathic killers to do his work for him.

One has to also factor in the flaws like the Saint failing to kill-

-the Adephi angel instantly upon resurrecting him. He died after a conversation.
-and Cassidy who the writer had to defend later. Undead or not it's a poor excuse.

Now God was able to see, locate and talk to Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy whenever he wanted. But couldn't kill him. He was able to guide Jodie and T.C. to him with ease which initiated the intent to manipulate Jesse into becoming an ally to God. But Jesse wouldn't have a bar of it. My point is......

If the Saint of Killers shot Jesse would Genesis have died along with him?
And if so, why didn't Jesse's family simply tie him up whilst the Saint arrived and put a bullet in his head?

My end argument is these Almighty god figures in Preacher were cheap and don't stand up to Marvel's versions.

After reading the comments here which have helped I'm siding with Thanos. He has survived death through through methods like being killed by a Life Avatar and the Necropsy Blade. Odds are he probably survives the bullets.

And the look on the Saint's face will be priceless as Thanos pounds in to finish him. And that raises another question. SoK never took damage. But considering the saga's idea on everything having a limit...... even God. Thanos would probably bend his spine apart.
thumb up Excellento!

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mindset
No.

Genesis was indeed mentioned as having enough power to rival or surpass God .

CosmicComet
Kind of sad when being God and an angel of death of a universe isn't good enough against someone like Thanos anymore...

If religion was allowed on KMC, I bet people would start asking for proof why Thanos doesn't stomp Buddah or Yaweh too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yahweh's/biblical God's feats aren't exactly so great you know...

He's not even Skyfather level. Hell, questionably even equal to Silver Surfer.

Mindset
Genesis was indeed mentioned as having enough power to rival or surpass God . Nope.Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yahweh's/biblical God's feats aren't exactly so great you know...

He's not even Skyfather level. Hell, questionably even equal to Silver Surfer. He created the universe, I already proved you wrong, give it up.

the ninjak
He created the universe, I already proved you wrong, give it up.

And yet his comprehension of the "Universe" was so limited a new idea threatened his entire existence. Hardly an all-knowing God.

God didn't even have the brains to have followers rending Jesse unconscious and allow the Saint to put a bullet in his brain. He was a thug. Nothing more.
He was just ahead of the curb. A CEO of a corrupt and dated corporation.

3 figures proved to be more powerul than he.

thumb up Excellento!

Thanks. I consider that to be an honor.

CosmicComet
Nope. He created the universe, I already proved you wrong, give it up.

You didn't do shit but not understand that all he created was the Earth and 'Heavens', and took 6 days to do it, and had to rest afterward.

You are just trying to attribute our understanding of the Universe and retroactively apply it to an old book where the laws of reality were different than in actuality.

Biblical God is like any other fictional character in a book. His feats and the world he is written from has to be taken as is.

There is no 'Universe' as we know it in the Bible. Just the Earth, in the center of a small enclosed system that includes the sun, and in the Bible's verse the sun is smaller than Earth.

cdtm
And yet his comprehension of the "Universe" was so limited a new idea threatened his entire existence. Hardly an all-knowing God.

God didn't even have the brains to have followers rending Jesse unconscious and allow the Saint to put a bullet in his brain. He was a thug. Nothing more.

He did inhibit The Word.

And than switched it back on, which made no sense at all..

the ninjak
He did inhibit The Word.

And than switched it back on, which made no sense at all..

He needed the vessal of Genesis to love him. But Jesse wouldn't have a bar of it. Tulip as well.

Mindset

3 figures proved to be more powerul than he.

Thanks. I consider that to be an honor. I'm talking about in the Bible.Originally posted by CosmicComet
You didn't do shit but not understand that all he created was the Earth and 'Heavens', and took 6 days to do it, and had to rest afterward.

You are just trying to attribute our understanding of the Universe and retroactively apply it to an old book where the laws of reality were different than in actuality.

Biblical God is like any other fictional character in a book. His feats and the world he is written from has to be taken as is.

There is no 'Universe' as we know it in the Bible. Just the Earth, in the center of a small enclosed system that includes the sun, and in the Bible's verse the sun is smaller than Earth. I showed you were it said he created the earth, the heavens, and all the stars in the heavens. You're just stupid.

Where in the Bible does it say the sun is smaller than the Earth?

the ninjak
I'm talking about in the Bible.

Fair enough. I'm just not gonna go there. CosmicComet needs to widen that barrier in this debate. This ain't a religious debate. It's a debate on a writer's cynical view and representation of a faith.

He should leave it at that.

cdtm
There's a difference between farting out a random universe and crafting one..

Elaine Bellock with Michaels power didn't just snap her fingers and create one. It took some time, and skill, to get it done right..

Mindset
Fair enough. Yea, I know, that's why I didn't quote you.

TheGodKiller
I'm talking about in the Bible. I showed you were it said he created the earth, the heavens, and all the stars in the heavens. You're just stupid.

Where in the Bible does it say the sun is smaller than the Earth?

Implied :

Psalms 19:4-6
yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs his course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.

Habakkuk 3:11
The sun and moon stood still in their habitation at the light of thine arrows as they sped, at the flash of thy glittering spear.

Mindset
How does that imply that the sun is smaller than the earth?

Reacting2
How does that imply that the sun is smaller than the earth? well it does confused

Mindset
How?

the ninjak
Yeah I don't think either of those quotes say the Sun is smaller than the Earth.

Reacting2
Yeah I don't think either of those quotes say the Sun is smaller than the Earth. but..but its there, how come you cant see it its beyond me

TheGodKiller
How does that imply that the sun is smaller than the earth?

1.The sun is smaller than the words of God , and his words are smaller than the world .

2.The sun and the moon is smaller than the light of Joshua's arrows .

the ninjak
Originally posted by Reacting2
but..but its there, how come you cant see it its beyond me

Give us a translation then. smile

1.The sun is smaller than the words of God , and his words are smaller than the world .

2.The sun and the moon is smaller than the light of Joshua's arrows .

1. Of course the Bible would say his beautiful children are greater than the Sun. Pagan heathens worshiped the Sun back in the day. One could translate that as Christians being greater than they.

2. And the arrows blotted the Sun's rays in the sky. Very 300.

TheGodKiller
Yeah I don't think either of those quotes say the Sun is smaller than the Earth.

The first quote definitely implies that the Sun is smaller than the Earth . The second quote is debatable .

Nephthys
The sun is in a tent at the end of the world, is I think the implication. Its typical of how primiive civilisations thought it worked.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Nephthys
The sun is in a tent at the end of the world, is I think the implication. Its typical of how primiive civilisations thought it worked.

Actually the Sun is in a tent within God's words(which travel to the end of the world , implying that they are smaller than Earth) .

Reacting2
The first quote definitely implies that the Sun is smaller than the Earth . The second quote is debatable . not debatable at all, but these atheists aren not to be reason with

CosmicComet
The clouds (the 'firmament' that is referred to), separates the water on Earth from the water above the clouds. lol, again another problem with the Bibleverse. Their sky is blue because its thought to be another ocean. That whole area, including the 'firmament' and the water above it, is heaven. Heaven covers the entire world, and that is its area thus.

The sun is also within that Heaven that covers the entire world. Thus, obviously, the sun is smaller than Earth, since it fits within heaven which expands no further than the World does.

Seriously, guys, stop trying to Power scale Yahweh based on what we know today about the universe. It's not equal at all.

Tell me where the dinosaurs are in the bible, btw? Since God created all life that has ever existed in 6 days. smile

Mindset
I don't see how that is saying the sun is smaller than the earth...

TheGodKiller
not debatable at all, but these atheists aren not to be reason with

Actually the second quote isn't clear whether the Sun and the Moon have a habitation ON the light emitted by Joshua's arrows , or they have a separate habitation in which they stood still . It(within the Book of Habakkuk) references Joshua's miracle of making the sun and the moon stand still , although the Habakkuk reference doesn't explicitly state that it was Joshua who did it .

The original biblical verse :
Joshua 10:12-13
Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

It doesn't imply that the sun and the moon have a habitation on the arrows' light .

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The clouds (the 'firmament' that is referred to), separates the water on Earth from the water above the clouds. lol, again another problem with the Bibleverse. Their sky is blue because its thought to be another ocean. That whole area, including the 'firmament' and the water above it, is heaven. Heaven covers the entire world, and that is its area thus.

The sun is also within that Heaven that covers the entire world. Thus, obviously, the sun is smaller than Earth, since it fits within heaven which expands no further than the World does.

Seriously, guys, stop trying to Power scale Yahweh based on what we know today about the universe. It's not equal at all.

Tell me where the dinosaurs are in the bible, btw? Since God created all life that has ever existed in 6 days. smile What are you even talking about? The firmament is the sky, space, heavens. The luminaries, stars, sun, moon, reside in said firmament.

Why are you even bringing up dinosaurs?

TheGodKiller

1. Of course the Bible would say his beautiful children are greater than the Sun. Pagan heathens worshiped the Sun back in the day. One could translate that as Christians being greater than they.

God's words now become his children(even though nothing of the sort is mentioned in the verse itself) ?

2. And the arrows blotted the Sun's rays in the sky. Very 300.
I have already agreed that the second quote possibly doesn't imply that the Sun is smaller than the Earth as it is unclear about the Sun and the Moon's habitation .

Reacting2
God's words now become his children(even though nothing of the sort is mentioned in the verse itself) ?. Originally posted by Reacting2
these atheists are not to be reason with

TheGodKiller
these atheists aren not to be reason with

I am an (agnostic) atheist myself , so that point is moot .

the ninjak
Back on topic please people.

cdtm

I guess I opened up a pandora's box.. sad

TheGodKiller

We already agreed that Thanos wins , so I guess there is nothing left to discuss here .

Reacting2

I am an (agnostic) atheist myself , so that point is moot . what kind of Bull shit is that

We already agreed that Thanos wins , so I guess there is nothing left to discuss here . true

TheGodKiller
what kind of Bull shit is that

What kind of bullshit is an irrelevant reference to atheism ?

Endless Mike
Debating feats in the Bible (or most other religious texts, for that matter) never gets anywhere and leads inevitably to a shitstorm. I suggest you stop.

quanchi112
SoK wins.

/thread How ?

ThereIsHope
How does thanos win here quan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
How does thanos win here quan? By killing him.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
How ? Originally posted by quanchi112
By killing him.

quanchi112
Thanos is immune to death.

john allerdyce
sok wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by john allerdyce
sok wins. Based on ?

Mindset
Thanos is immune to death. SOK doesn't care.

quanchi112
SOK doesn't care. He'll care when he doesn't have the power to beat Thanos.

Mindset
He'll care when he doesn't have the power to beat Thanos. He'll kill Thanos dead.

Diesldude
They threw a nuclear bomb on SOK and he no sold it. This guy walked through everything they threw at him. He was on earth talking to the preacher while god tried to get back to his throne and he still got there before him. So thanos can't teleport away or bfr him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
They threw a nuclear bomb on SOK and he no sold it. This guy walked through everything they threw at him. He was on earth talking to the preacher while god tried to get back to his throne and he still got there before him. So thanos can't teleport away or bfr him. A nuclear bomb ? laughing out loud

That doesn't mean he can no sell the avatar of death.
He'll kill Thanos dead. Immunity ftw.

Mindset
SoK's bullets are immune to his immunity.

quanchi112
SoK's bullets are immune to his immunity. Saint of Killer's bullets would avoid Thanos out of fear.

Mindset
..of killing him.

zopzop
They threw a nuclear bomb on SOK and he no sold it. This guy walked through everything they threw at him. He was on earth talking to the preacher while god tried to get back to his throne and he still got there before him. So thanos can't teleport away or bfr him.

You can't be serious? In Thanos' pre "Death Upgrade" days, a planet was destroyed in the aftermath of a fight he had with Drax. Thanos won and wasn't even knocked unconcious, but Drax was (the same Drax that, when he recovered, tore apart a small star in anger).

WTF is a nuclear bomb compared to that type of power?

Diesldude
You can't be serious? In Thanos' pre "Death Upgrade" days, a planet was destroyed in the aftermath of a fight he had with Drax. Thanos won and wasn't even knocked unconcious, but Drax was (the same Drax that, when he recovered, tore apart a small star in anger).

WTF is a nuclear bomb compared to that type of power?

WTF is up with the anger? tell me smart guy, when did I use it as a comparison with Thanos? All I said was that they couldnt hurt SOk, he no sold everything they threw at him. In that univserse, he was the juggernaut without cytorak's gem. Nothing put him down, the hightest they showed was a nuclear bomb and he brushed it off as if it was a warm breeze. Not my fault that the preacher universe didn't have a planet busting bomb for him to walk through.

zopzop
WTF is up with the anger? tell me smart guy, when did I use it as a comparison with Thanos? All I said was that they couldnt hurt SOk, he no sold everything they threw at him. In that univserse, he was the juggernaut without cytorak's gem. Nothing put him down, the hightest they showed was a nuclear bomb and he brushed it off as if it was a warm breeze. Not my fault that that preacher universe didn't have a planet destroying bomb for him to walk through?
Where did you read anger in that post?! Chillax brother.

Just because a nuke couldn't put him down doesn't mean Thanos couldn't. Thanos has many options, mind rape being one of them. But he wouldn't even need to mind rape unless he wanted SoK as his herald (since Fallen One is dead).

Thanos 10/10. This thread is spite vs SoK.

Diesldude
Where did you read anger in that post?! Chillax brother.

Just because a nuke couldn't put him down doesn't mean Thanos couldn't. Thanos has many options, mind rape being one of them. But he wouldn't even need to mind rape unless he wanted SoK as his herald (since Fallen One is dead).

Thanos 10/10. This thread is spite vs SoK.
Aight i am chillin like a villain :-)
Nothing is gonna work, nothing slowed him down, he was the angel of death (this automatically makes him greater than Thanos) with the power greater than genesis who was equal to god.
Those guns were plot devices.

quanchi112
..of killing him. Nah.

Galan007
with the power greater than genesis who was equal to god.
Those guns were plot devices. This is an excellent point. SoK>Genesis=God.

SoK wins. No contest.

ThereIsHope
How does thanos kill Sok i dont understand.

quanchi112
This is an excellent point. SoK>Genesis=God.

SoK wins. No contest. What does this have to do with anything ?

Mindset
Nah. Stop disagreeing with me.

quanchi112
Stop disagreeing with me. When you disagree with Lord Thanos you court death.

the ninjak
Thanos already won this debate. Though it's cute that some still hold hope.

zopzop
This is an excellent point. SoK>Genesis=God.

SoK wins. No contest.
thumb down
When you disagree with Lord Thanos you court death.
thumb up
Thanos already won this debate. Though it's cute that some still hold hope.
thumb up

TheGodKiller
That's not a bad thing , as long as its any of these following Deaths :
1.Death of the Endless
2.Lady Death
3.Marvel's Death(in flesh)

JakeTheBank

http://i.imgur.com/IuAHA.gif

iceman24567
SOK kills him dead

Mindset
When you disagree with Lord Thanos you court death. So Thanos disagreed with himself?

quanchi112
That's not a bad thing , as long as its any of these following Deaths :
1.Death of the Endless
2.Lady Death
3.Marvel's Death(in flesh) Hush.Originally posted by Mindset
So Thanos disagreed with himself? Thanos is immune to your semantics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.