Wonder Woman & Achilles vs. Orion & Big Barda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Q99
Hm, tough one... I'd say probably team 2, maybe 7/10. They have better range.

celeyhyga17
Team 2 wins

h1a8
Team 1 wins. They are far better skilled than team 2 and also faster. Good fight though.

comicfan11
Team 2.
Orion is the most powerful in the field and will take out either of team 1, while Barda can hold off whoever is left (and has kept her own against WW before).

h1a8
Originally posted by comicfan11
Team 2.
Orion is the most powerful in the field and will take out either of team 1, while Barda can hold off whoever is left (and has kept her own against WW before).

I don't think Orion can take out WW. She can deflect the Astro force back at him.
She can out fight him. She can lasso him for the easy win.

Achilles will beat Barda

Q99
If Orion faces Achilles, he can take him out with a wide-angle blast.

Dolos
What comics has Achilles ever been featured in??? Is there a series I should be collecting right now? big grin

Q99
Originally posted by Dolos
What comics has Achilles ever been featured in??? Is there a series I should be collecting right now? big grin

He was in Gail Simone's (excellent) Wonder Woman run, where he was made by Zeus to fulfill a similar role as her.

He was also in Dan Didio's Outsiders run, which I haven't read and probably isn't as great.

comicfan11
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think Orion can take out WW. She can deflect the Astro force back at him.
She can out fight him. She can lasso him for the easy win.

Achilles will beat Barda

I respectfully disagree.

Orion is superior to WW in every physical aspect (strength, endurance, durability, healing factor), apart from speed (Orion still has superspeed) but his power (damage output) is far greater than WW.
And Orion can deal with WW speed, since he has done so many times against Superman.

Plus he is a far more experienced fighter (being really old for human Earth standards and being trained by and finally defeating a female warrior dubbed "the most skilled MA in the universe" or something) that has fought in many wars/battles.

The AF can be applied in way to many ways (from multiple simultaneous energy barrages to magnetic and transmutation abilities to energy fields) and Barda's club also gives her flight and distance attacks, something Achilles lacks.

Plus add the Mother Boxes and it's a clear cut win for team 2.

The only real saving grace team 1 has is WW lasso, but this alone cannot guarantee team 1 taking the majority, since Mother Boxes allow for teleportation,

celeyhyga17
I respectfully disagree.

Orion is superior to WW in every physical aspect (strength, endurance, durability, healing factor), apart from speed (Orion still has superspeed) but his power (damage output) is far greater than WW.
And Orion can deal with WW speed, since he has done so many times against Superman.

He's also beaten Insane Lightray who's the definitive speedster of the New Gods. Speed will not be an issue.

comicfan11
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He's also beaten Insane Lightray who's the definitive speedster of the New Gods. Speed will not be an issue.

Yeah u r right.
IMHO Orion (with Supes) are the most powerful "normal level" DC heralds (under their own powers without amps like sundips, yellow rings, etc) although I might be forgetting someone.

celeyhyga17
Yeah u r right.
IMHO Orion (with Supes) are the most powerful "normal level" DC heralds (under their own powers without amps like sundips, yellow rings, etc) although I might be forgetting someone.
Clark
Orion

Then everyone else... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.