Wonder woman vs Beta ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JayDaDon
Standard equipment for both

Who takes it?

carver9
Bill wins 7 or 8/10.

armedforbattle
BrB 8/10

Endless Mike
What they said

Inhuman
Bill, donkey punches her to sleep

Horrificus
She's a gurl. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Close fight.

ankur29
brb wins, due to strombreaker.

his strength is on thors and diana's level therefore if this turned into a brawl he would do fine.

carver9
Pillar, where are you?

h1a8
WW wins the majority.
Better skilled, great defense, faster, and has one shot options.
She would lasso him easier than flash or zoom.

PillarofOsiris
Thor would beat her for a majority, but BRB is going down.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Pillar, where are you?

Don't bait.

----

Anyway, Bill for a very slim majority, if at all.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't bait.

----

Anyway, Bill for a very slim majority, if at all.

Lol...that isn't baiting. He is the reason this thread exists.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...that isn't baiting. He is the reason this thread exists.

Calling someone out, is.

carver9
Calling someone out, is.

I just want to see his opinion on the battle.

Harbinger
Bill, 6-7/10.

h1a8
I don't see how Bill can win at least 3 of the fights. Seriously what is he going to do in the fight? Diana can outmaneuver him, evade his attacks, counter with devastating combos including those with pressure points, and lasso him whenever she wants.

Bill can try to shoot her with a blast (she can deflect and send it back or simply evade the blast using speed).
Bill can try to throw the hammer at her (she can easily evade and blitz him while doesn't have the hammer or move to the side and grab the handle in flight and use it against him)
Bill can try to swing his hammer at her (again she can evade and follow with a precision combo or lasso tie).

Bill might win a lucky 1 or 2 but certainly not more than that as she has his number in anything he can do.

Zack Fair
Split.

JakeTheBank
Bill.

TheGodKiller
Beta Ray Bill wins 5.5/10 imo .

Mindship
I think WW takes this. Bill's a mighty lad, but he's not quite Thor, and she does quite well against Superman.

Damborgson
Bill for Majority. But Diana makes him work for it.

Stoic
Could go either way, you can't sleep on Diana. Too bad though huh?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see how Bill can win at least 3 of the fights. Seriously what is he going to do in the fight? Diana can outmaneuver him, evade his attacks, counter with devastating combos including those with pressure points, and lasso him whenever she wants.

Bill can try to shoot her with a blast (she can deflect and send it back or simply evade the blast using speed).
Bill can try to throw the hammer at her (she can easily evade and blitz him while doesn't have the hammer or move to the side and grab the handle in flight and use it against him)
Bill can try to swing his hammer at her (again she can evade and follow with a precision combo or lasso tie).

Bill might win a lucky 1 or 2 but certainly not more than that as she has his number in anything he can do.

I can't believe I'm saying this....but this is actually pretty accurate.

guy222
bill

iceman24567
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Split.

Naija boy
Bill 6/10

iceman24567
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I can't believe I'm saying this....but this is actually pretty accurate. Accurate to who? The dumb, deaf and blind?

zeel

i agree as powerful as bill is diana has a awnser to everything he has. speed makes it a advantage for diana. Good fight but slight edge to diana. Energy attacks are not going to phase diana they wont get through and physically she can hang with bill np. She can fly shes at least as strong as bill at least as durable and MUCH faster.

-Pr-

Did you not read the rules about CIS?

iceman24567
Did you not read the rules about CIS? I think h1 is blind erm

h1a8
Did you not read the rules about CIS?

Of course I did. Unless you mean the rules were altered recently? Let me look:

Ok I see this:

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

WW is genuinely not dumb enough to not use the lasso to win or her speed/skill to evade and counter attack (especially with precision strikes). Her comic blocking/deflecting ratio when it comes to energy blasts is nearly 100%.
Bottom line:
She will use full capacity of her abilities but nothing more than what she has already shown before.

quanchi112
Bill wins.

-Pr-
Of course I did. Unless you mean the rules were altered recently? Let me look:

Ok I see this:

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

WW is genuinely not dumb enough to not use the lasso to win or her speed/skill to evade and counter attack (especially with precision strikes). Her comic blocking/deflecting ratio when it comes to energy blasts is nearly 100%.
Bottom line:
She will use full capacity of her abilities but nothing more than what she has already shown before.

She will also fight in character, not how you think she should.

h1a8
She will also fight in character, not how you think she should.

I know!
Her character is to evade, block, counter, use speed, use the lasso, etc.
I didn't name anything she hasn't shown to do in comics.

The only questionable thing I said was her catching Stormbreaker and using it on Bill. She may not do this because it would give her an unfair advantage. Everything else she has done multiple times in comics.

Also know that these debates are also motivated by opinion. Many here have their own opinions (even Quanchi and Carver), but as long as there is decent evidence to support it then it should be no problem.

biensalsa
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Beta Ray Bill wins 5.5/10 imo .

thumb up thumb up thumb up

h1a8
WW 8/10
Comparable physicality but WW is much more skillful and faster with a one shot option.

Raptor22
Bill should take this.

h1a8
Originally posted by Raptor22
Bill should take this.

Not really. She's faster and more skilled and has a one shot option. Those advantages overwhelm his.

Endless Mike
I don't see faster, Bill was fighting and reacting to Surfer at FTL speeds, also he can go into overload mode

h1a8
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I don't see faster, Bill was fighting and reacting to Surfer at FTL speeds, also he can go into overload mode
WW is faster in combat battle distance and that's not debatable.

In the scene you are referring to
They both were going the same speeds when Bill was engaging Surfer. Surfer was chasing him and thus Surfer should be the one with the speed and reflexes.

Bottom line: Without speed, reflexes mean absolutely nothing. I can see a bullet in slow motion but fail to get out of the way simply because my body can't move fast enough.

Bill can only travel ftl speeds if he has the millions of miles to accelerate to it. Bill was only shown to react to light speed blasts from say 20-30ft away. This is not the same as moving and reacting to attacks launched from close distance. Also hitting a 90mph straight baseball from a distance is not the same as hitting a 5mph buzzing fly from up close. Moving and Reacting to fast attacks from close range is something he hasn't been proven to do.

Endless Mike
30 feet away is not "close distance" when you and your opponent are moving at a few thousand times the speed of light?

h1a8
30 feet away is not "close distance" when you and your opponent are moving at a few thousand times the speed of light?

Again it's called relative velocity. What's to respond to when a character is moving at the same speed you are? If anything that scene gives Surfer a feat, not Bill. Bill was the one being chase. Surfer was the one pursuing. At best Bill blocked a light speed attack from 20-30ft away when both him and Surfer were moving at the same velocity. Nothing more.

Lastly, we are moving at incredible speeds around the Sun, around the Milky way, around other galaxies, etc. That doesn't mean a human can't react to you if they are moving in conjunction with you.

-Pr-
I know!
Her character is to evade, block, counter, use speed, use the lasso, etc.
I didn't name anything she hasn't shown to do in comics.

The only questionable thing I said was her catching Stormbreaker and using it on Bill. She may not do this because it would give her an unfair advantage. Everything else she has done multiple times in comics.

Also know that these debates are also motivated by opinion. Many here have their own opinions (even Quanchi and Carver), but as long as there is decent evidence to support it then it should be no problem.

...Do you even read Wonder Woman comics?

I'm not trying to be rude, but... Do you?

Endless Mike
Again it's called relative velocity. What's to respond to when a character is moving at the same speed you are? If anything that scene gives Surfer a feat, not Bill. Bill was the one being chase. Surfer was the one pursuing. At best Bill blocked a light speed attack from 20-30ft away when both him and Surfer were moving at the same velocity. Nothing more.

Lastly, we are moving at incredible speeds around the Sun, around the Milky way, around other galaxies, etc. That doesn't mean a human can't react to you if they are moving in conjunction with you.

His ship was also trying to evade/escape from Surfer

h1a8
His ship was also trying to evade/escape from Surfer

I know. Bill is on the hull of the ship as it is trying to escape. Surfer is always close to the ship, making his relative velocity to Bill very low. At one moment you see both as if they are not moving when Surfer sends the board from behind him. This is a non feat for Bill but a feat for Surfer.

Bouboumaster
Beta Ray Bill for the win

Igniz
BRB FTW!

Endless Mike
I know. Bill is on the hull of the ship as it is trying to escape. Surfer is always close to the ship, making his relative velocity to Bill very low. At one moment you see both as if they are not moving when Surfer sends the board from behind him. This is a non feat for Bill but a feat for Surfer.

Disagree, due to the fact that Surfer was spiraling around the ship and attacking from multiple angles, and at one point Bill got off the ship and still fought him

h1a8
Disagree, due to the fact that Surfer was spiraling around the ship and attacking from multiple angles, and at one point Bill got off the ship and still fought him But Bill wasn't seen to do anything special. Surfer may be spiraling around the exhaust but his relative velocity to the ship is still very low. Surfer is locked on well and the ship wasn't losing him.

"Id"
I am convinced h1a8 is clueless.

h1a8
Originally posted by "Id"
I am convinced h1a8 is clueless.
You know my reply was about the scene Mike was talking about.

Maybe I am. But being a MA and person of science and common sense I know speed trumps all. Adding in skill is even worse.

Endless Mike
Considering the ship was actively attempting to evade him, then no

abhilegend
Diana wins.

The Sorrow
You know my reply was about the scene Mike was talking about.

Maybe I am. But being a MA and person of science and common sense I know speed trumps all. Adding in skill is even worse.
It's almost as if you say screw what happened in the comic, i'll make up my own calculations and that's what happened. Comics don't adhere to physics as strictly as you do, which is why you often reach inaccurate numbers when you apply real life science to comic books. Your clearly a clever guy but sometimes all that's needed is common sense or suspension of disbelief, not math. In comics, speed doesn't trump all.

nwg202
good fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.