One Shot.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
I've been seeing alotta threads lately pitting numerous heralds against solo skyfathers (Zeus, Odin, DC Ares, etc) and it came to me how many Heralds would it take in order to take down an elite Skyfather? IMO skyfather level characters should treat heralds like ants and one-shot as many that managed to come along but seeing as how some heralds (Clark and Thor immediately come to mind) have the ability to perform at levels way above their paygrade I'm curious if they could pull it off with their backs to the wall? If they teamed up and fought to the best of their abilities?

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Genis
Captain Marvel
Orion
Hal Jordan
Sinestro
Wonder Woman
Cyborg Superman

no cis, characters aren't bloodlusted but are fighting to the best of their abilities in order to put the skyfather down. WW is in full battle gear, Orion has the MB, Thor his belt of strength, CS his lantern rings...etc. No outside help and no prep. Each character thinks the skyfather is trying to destroy what they love most, or that by defeating them they would get back something they lost like SS will get Zen-La back or Thor thinks Asgard is threatened, etc

The skyfather can call upon any artifact from his realm but only use it once so say Odin can only use the CAOW or the Destroyer armor once...

Can these guys do it and if not how many heralds would it take?

PillarofOsiris
Against, say, Zeus, for example, I think this team could put him down:

Superman
Orion
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Sersi
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

Sin I AM
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

Superman
Orion
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Sersi
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

See IMO they shouldn't be a threat, I see Zeus overcoming Odins enchantment in Thors case, seriously owning Diana due to her nature and one shotting the rest, Clark may be an issue but consistent battle field removal to Hades should do the trick..im curious how u think they'd win?

Reacting2

Superman
Orion
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Sersi
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman he kills them with a thought

Sundipped
If Odin hoped in the Destroyer it's game over.
Team has a legitamate shot against Zeus without the artifact stip.

Silent Master
I'm not a big Zeus fan, but doesn't he have AOE attacks?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sin I AM
See IMO they shouldn't be a threat, I see Zeus overcoming Odins enchantment in Thors case, seriously owning Diana due to her nature and one shotting the rest, Clark may be an issue but consistent battle field removal to Hades should do the trick..im curious how u think they'd win?

Most, if not all of those guys have trans feats. I really doubt Zeus could overcome Odin's enchantment either. Thor by himself has given skyfathers fits. Superman has flat-out beaten people at Zeus level and beyond. We all know what Orion is capable of. As for BFR, Thor has BFR'ed skyfathers himself, against their will. (see the Surtur example). We saw what happened when SS, Thor, and Sersi all teamed up, they were a monster team (during Chaos War). Look what Thor did to Glory. Hal Jordan can shield any and all of the members of the team from magic (his shields have blocked magical attacks amped by a 5th dimensional imp). I'm not saying these guys are guaranteed a win, but if they start busting out some exotic stuff, like SS did against A&T, or Thor with a godblast, etc., any skyfather will have an issue with the team I picked. Oh, and WW blocked the combined blasts from multuple skyfathers. And she could bust out something like the godwave. Anyone who thinks that team cant beat a skyfather is crazy.

PillarofOsiris
Oh, I should add that with the team I picked, the Martian Manhunter adds TP coordination for the team, allowing them to be in sync with each other, and in a fight like this, that is a huge advantage.

Sundipped
See IMO they shouldn't be a threat, I see Zeus overcoming Odins enchantment in Thors case

He was able to stop a hammer toss with 2 hands but was unable to prevent it from returning back to Thor.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12348774_ThorvsZeus2.jpg

Terryc250
Zeus beat Hulk in like 2 physical punches. Hulks durability is about the same as all of these characters, if not greater. Zeus most likely could've just 1 shotted Hulk with a bolt. He'll most likely 1 shot any of these characters.

Zack Fair
Zeus did oneshot Hulk with a lightning bolt. He just wanted to humiliate Hulk in a slugfest by putting an end to the whole "Strongest there is"

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Terryc250
Zeus beat Hulk in like 2 physical punches. Hulks durability is about the same as all of these characters, if not greater. Zeus most likely could've just 1 shotted Hulk with a bolt. He'll most likely 1 shot any of these characters.

No his durability is significantly less than those mentioned

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Terryc250

lol. Hulk's durability is better than Superman's? What are you basing that on? Do you think the Hulk could survive a blast equal to 52 supernovas while weakened? (doubtful, considering it's arguable that a planet-buster could kill him).

dmills
If Odin is the templet that we draw from then skyfathers have the power to one-shot the elite trinity level heralds ie the Silver Surfer. We saw it with depowered Tyrant also. A skyfather cutting loose should tool these people.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by dmills
If Odin is the templet that we draw from then skyfathers have the power to one-shot the elite trinity level heralds ie the Silver Surfer. We saw it with depowered Tyrant also. A skyfather cutting loose should tool these people.

I was thinking along the same vein...but then i was remembered Thors' battle with Glory etc etc....and thought maybe just maybe...the numbers might add up

Terryc250
Okay, minus Superman, i'd say Hulk has around the ballpark durability as Thor, SS, Wonder Woman, etc. You're saying beings like Wonder Woman, etc, has far higher durability than Hulk? Really?

carver9
Most, if not all of those guys have trans feats. I really doubt Zeus could overcome Odin's enchantment either. Thor by himself has given skyfathers fits. Superman has flat-out beaten people at Zeus level and beyond. We all know what Orion is capable of. As for BFR, Thor has BFR'ed skyfathers himself, against their will. (see the Surtur example). We saw what happened when SS, Thor, and Sersi all teamed up, they were a monster team (during Chaos War). Look what Thor did to Glory. Hal Jordan can shield any and all of the members of the team from magic (his shields have blocked magical attacks amped by a 5th dimensional imp). I'm not saying these guys are guaranteed a win, but if they start busting out some exotic stuff, like SS did against A&T, or Thor with a godblast, etc., any skyfather will have an issue with the team I picked. Oh, and WW blocked the combined blasts from multuple skyfathers. And she could bust out something like the godwave. Anyone who thinks that team cant beat a skyfather is crazy.

Who has Thor and Supes defeated on Zeus level without circumstances.? Scans.

carver9
lol. Hulk's durability is better than Superman's? What are you basing that on? Do you think the Hulk could survive a blast equal to 52 supernovas while weakened? (doubtful, considering it's arguable that a planet-buster could kill him).

Scans of 52 Supernovas. Hulk healing factor trumps anyone's durability in this thread. that makes him more.formidable.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Scans of 52 Supernovas. Hulk healing factor trumps anyone's durability in this thread. that makes him more.formidable.

Not really.

carver9

His durability might be but his healing factor and durability combined makes him more formidable.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not really.

Why doesnt it? He was getting holes punched into him by Zom and he recovered near instantly. I can't see any of the people mentioned here surviving that.

-Pr-
Why doesnt it? He was getting holes punched into him by Zom and he recovered near instantly. I can't see any of the people mentioned here surviving that.

They wouldn't have the holes punched in them in the first place, though.

Having to recover at all, limits a person's effectiveness in combat. I don't know how you can't see that.

At best, it maybe makes him equal, but then again the Hulk's durability has never been his greatest strength.

carver9
They wouldn't have the holes punched in them in the first place, though.

Having to recover at all, limits a person's effectiveness in combat. I don't know how you can't see that.

At best, it maybe makes him equal, but then again the Hulk's durability has never been his greatest strength.

So you don't think magical punches from Strange amped off of Zom power can punch holes in a Herald? It should be able to...easily.

-Pr-
So you don't think magical punches from Strange amped off of Zom power can punch holes in a Herald? It should be able to...easily.

Debatable, and besides, Zom should have beaten Hulk easily, but he didn't. What's your point?

A superior healing factor is only going to come in to play in long, drawn out fights, where staying power is that important.

golem370
Hulk's powers are based on anger so getting punched so hard that causes holes would work very well to enrage him.

carver9
Debatable, and besides, Zom should have beaten Hulk easily, but he didn't. What's your point?

A superior healing factor is only going to come in to play in long, drawn out fights, where staying power is that important.

Why is it debatable when each of these people have had similar done to them. Let's not pretend like these heros has never had holes forced through them because they have...and at lesser power than Zom Strange.

-Pr-
Why is it debatable when each of these people have had similar done to them. Let's not pretend like these heros has never had holes forced through them because they have...and at lesser power than Zom Strange.

So you're not going to reply to my question, then?

Name those instances when those people have had holes punched through them and survived, please.

DarkSaint85
So you're not going to reply to my question, then?

Name those instances when those people have had holes punched through them and survived, please.

Cyborg Superman evil face

carver9
Ares stabbing Wonder Woman almost killing her.
Brainiac ship, Superman being plunged through by blades from his ship almost dying until he was healed and fed yellow sunlight.
Thor being stabbed through by Rhino and he has also been stabbed through again by someone mocking his speed (can remember the guy name).

All of these people was l dropped by these attacks whereas Hulk healed nigh instantly from more powerful attacks. That's why I said he is more formidable.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Cyborg Superman evil face

http://i.imgur.com/ROZqF.jpg

Ares stabbing Wonder Woman almost killing her.
Brainiac ship, Superman being plunged through by blades from his ship almost dying until he was healed and fed yellow sunlight.
Thor being stabbed through by Rhino and he has also been stabbed through again by someone mocking his speed (can remember the guy name).

All of these people was l dropped by these attacks whereas Hulk healed nigh instantly from more powerful attacks. That's why I said he is more formidable.

Not NEARLY the same thing. Nice try though.

carver9
Sigh*

-Pr-
Sigh*

shrug

carver9
Just forget it Pr.

-Pr-
Just forget it Pr.

Concession accepted.

carver9
Concession accepted.

I didn't concede. Why would I continue with this when you know these characters have been damaged in similar way then what Hulk has went through but was dropped whereas Hulk walked through it. Hulk healing factor makes him more formidable and his extra thick hide adds a little spice. Now if we was discussing or having a piercing damage debate, then you'll win but I'm talking about something completely different.

-Pr-
I didn't concede. Why would I continue with this when you know these characters have been damaged in similar way then what Hulk has went through but was dropped whereas Hulk walked through it. Hulk healing factor makes him more formidable and his extra thick hide adds a little spice. Now if we was discussing or having a piercing damage debate, then you'll win but I'm talking about something completely different.

Giving up =/= not conceding?

Why? Simple: Because you're wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.