who is the most powerful character in movie history (other than morgan freeman)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justleader
and please state why

Lord Lucien
Alanis Morissette. Because God.

johnnyfirday
clint eastwood ..... as a director.. he directed best movies mystic river type, ... as a actor/director ... did great roles in million dollar baby and gran torino

mastagambit
The Oracle

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Alanis Morissette. Because God.

If Morgan Freeman and Alanis Morisette get it on, do they make Jesus? mmm

SuperEvil
George Burns

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by XanatosForever
If Morgan Freeman and Alanis Morisette get it on, do they make Jesus? mmm Milk chocolate Jesus is my favorite Easter treat.

nancycour
Clint Eastwood ...wht u can say

Patient_Leech
Dafoe, because Dafoe...

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/willem_dafoe_daybreakers.jpg

This is an acceptable answer as well, also because Dafoe...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ETLLwY8XZ9A/TWWzXYFIaWI/AAAAAAAAAFI/lgNWctOR_aU/s1600/saintsdafoesplosion.jpg

And this Dafoe...

http://www.papermag.com/uploaded_images/Last-Temptation-of-Christ-1988-Willem-Dafoe-Harvey-Keitel-pic-7.jpg

siriuswriter
I'd have to say Gary Oldman's Dracula performance made me feel like he was all-powerful - especially in thee early stages when he's turning Lucy and beginning to know Mina in the daytime. It seemed like there was no place he couldn't/wouldn't be and no time when he was not just a step away from the main action. Even though he is so physically weak at the end, he is still incredibly powerful, the top of the chain of command that makes sure there is always grave-dirt, that he never sees sunlight, that his remains make it to a place where he'll be be able to revived once more... and then most probably consume everyone who he's been commanding.

Lord Lucien
I was particularly awed by John Travolta's performance as Terl. His delivery really had me scared of the Pyschlo who was trained... to conquer galaxies!

dentrafting
The most power full character in the historical movie is acted by Garrison Ford. He is a tremendous actor.

Dolos
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Dafoe, because Dafoe...

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/willem_dafoe_daybreakers.jpg

This is an acceptable answer as well, also because Dafoe...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ETLLwY8XZ9A/TWWzXYFIaWI/AAAAAAAAAFI/lgNWctOR_aU/s1600/saintsdafoesplosion.jpg

And this Dafoe...

http://www.papermag.com/uploaded_images/Last-Temptation-of-Christ-1988-Willem-Dafoe-Harvey-Keitel-pic-7.jpg

Well put.

Esau Cairn
Jet Li in The One.
The movie ends with Li transported to that prison planet with thousands of prisoners charging him...
Yet not once does the ending hint that Li is weakening or injured at all...the expression on his face is that of a warrior about to revel in the battle ahead.

Tor__Hershman
Betty White 'cause she may be immortal

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Jet Li in The One.
The movie ends with Li transported to that prison planet with thousands of prisoners charging him...
Yet not once does the ending hint that Li is weakening or injured at all...the expression on his face is that of a warrior about to revel in the battle ahead.
http://snarkcriticpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jet_li_is_the_monkey_king.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
Superman perhaps. Different actors portrayed this character though.

wannabecool
Probally James Bond. Altought he was played by several difeerent actors. they were all great by the way.

wannabecool

NemeBro
I think people may not be understanding what is meant by "powerful".

TheGodKiller
The Silver Surfer.

zeeshanaayan07
Thanks for sharing a great post

Sabrina4010
Dr Who.

Travelling through time and space, regenerating, two hearts, need I say more.

NemeBro
Sutter Cane is the most powerful non-Abrahamic God character in films I can think of.

Lestov16
Most powerful beings I ca think of:

God (Morgan Freeman) for obvious reasons
God (Alainis Morisette) for obvious reasons
Anthony Fremont (Twilight Zone: The Movie) more powerful than his TV counterpart, he was dimension dumping people in cartoons, which would require multiversal power
Q (Star Trek) pan dimensional beings who are seemingly omnipotent and unbound by any physical laws
Pre-Retcon Beyonder- the entire multiverse was a speck to him. nuff said
Primal Monitor- same as Beyonder
World's Funnest Mxy- easily obliterated and recreated the multiverse

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lestov16
Most powerful beings I ca think of:

God (Morgan Freeman) for obvious reasons
God (Alainis Morisette) for obvious reasons
Anthony Fremont (Twilight Zone: The Movie) more powerful than his TV counterpart, he was dimension dumping people in cartoons, which would require multiversal power
Q (Star Trek) pan dimensional beings who are seemingly omnipotent and unbound by any physical laws
Pre-Retcon Beyonder- the entire multiverse was a speck to him. nuff said
Primal Monitor- same as Beyonder
World's Funnest Mxy- easily obliterated and recreated the multiverse A. This is movie only.
B. Dimension dumping doesn't require "multiversal power" in the way you're using it.
C. PR Beyonder is considerably more powerful than everyone on your list except arguably the other comic characters.
D. Allowing non-movie media into this means movie characters wouldn't even make the cut.

WildBantha88
Dr. Manhattan takes the cake http://puu.sh/8zBpm.jpg

Lestov16
Originally posted by NemeBro
A. This is movie only.
B. Dimension dumping doesn't require "multiversal power" in the way you're using it.
C. PR Beyonder is considerably more powerful than everyone on your list except arguably the other comic characters.
D. Allowing non-movie media into this means movie characters wouldn't even make the cut.

Blah blah.

Alrighty, in that case, it will probably be either Anthony Fremont, Doctor Manhattan, or Sutter Cane, although this new Lucy chick may cause me to reevaluate.

Mindship
Whoever was playing marbles at the end of Men In Black.

Projectvrd
Discounting all the dipictions of God, I suppose the answer is the Monoliths. They are the only interpretation of a Technological Singularity that appears to come close to it's actual perceived capability.

For instance, put Skynet up against it and everyone would instantly summise that Skynet and it's Terminators are not going to be any sort of threat. As stated in Versus thread even though the Monoliths are machines even Dr Manhatten would be incapable of understanding how they work.

They are machines that may or may not have a force shield, we just don't know and would never know as we cannot perceive them in any way except that of a visual clue. They look like black rectangles but the astronaught didn't know if he actually touched it, is that black rectangle a black nothingness? With no reflection of light is the black appearance akin to how black holes prevent all light from escaping? The one man who did see beyond the black exterior saw stars, millions of them. Are they using black hole technology? If so then unlike all other Sci-Fi and fantasy characters these machines do it without exhibiting any sort of energy drain, it is as simple to do for them as it is for a human to blink its eyes.

The only thing we know that could comprehend them was the Star Child, which the Monoliths created. Possibly even the species that created the Monoliths but that was not disclosed in the novels. Arthur C Clarke himself admitted he could not perceive them but that is the whole point, they are way out of our league and that of pretty much anything else that is not a part of them.

So Dr Manhatten wants a fight, what is he fighting? Has Dumbledorr and Co. ever come across a machine that turns planets to stars?

God would be the ultimate but I always believes the concept of a God as being a cop out, it is a bit boring where the answer will always be God.

Arsenal
Some I didn't see mentioned:
Elder Gods - Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Sha Ka Ree - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Tetsuo, Akira - Akira
Eru Iluvatar - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

atv2
Samuel L Jackson. His role as Mace Windu was really awesome. It was because of him I was able to look into the prequel trilogy and the expanded universe.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Arsenal
Some I didn't see mentioned:
Elder Gods - Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Sha Ka Ree - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Tetsuo, Akira - Akira
Eru Iluvatar - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy This is movie characters. Eru isn't in the films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.