Thor Vs Alan Scott

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Since many here believe Scott is approaching trans-level or is trans level, let's pit him against Odinforce Thor.

Both are fighting to the best of their abilities, one must die!

Who comes out on top, Thordinforce or Alan Scarheart???

smokin'

JakeTheBank
Thor's durability and damage soak are significantly higher with the portion of the OF flowing through him. He could endure mostly anything Scott can throw at him to say nothing of the defenses Mjolnir provides.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor's durability and damage soak are significantly higher with the portion of the OF flowing through him. He could endure mostly anything Scott can throw at him to say nothing of the defenses Mjolnir provides.

Yes I know. It pains you to see these 2 matched up...
Muahahahaha...
laughing

Cogito
Alan throws the book of willpower at him.

quanchi112
Thor, easily.

JakeTheBank
Alan's pretty much the only Lantern type - barring the likes of Parallax or Ion - I'd say has a good chance against Thor. While he won't run out of energy like a typical ring based Lantern would, Thor can still absorb or block most of what Alan can throw at him, though.

Digi
Thor's a terrible matchup for Lanterns. His energy soak basically has no equal in comics at this level. Alan has more raw power, but I'd give the slight majority to the Asgardian.

So it's not so much a true power comparison as it is the interaction of their powerset. Thor wins, but it doesn't mean I think he's above Alan overall.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor, easily.

It's funny how one word can invalidate a response.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
Thor's a terrible matchup for Lanterns. His energy soak basically has no equal in comics at this level. Alan has more raw power, but I'd give the slight majority to the Asgardian.

So it's not so much a true power comparison as it is the interaction of their powerset. Thor wins, but it doesn't mean I think he's above Alan overall.

Pretty good summary of how they'd match up. thumb up

celeyhyga17

Pretty good summary of how they'd match up. thumb up

Care to quantify that?
Btw, I'm getting the feeling from you guys that Odinforce Thor was not needed. Hmm...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Care to quantify that?
Btw, I'm getting the feeling from you guys that Odinforce Thor was not needed. Hmm...

Quantify what exactly?

Regular Thor has the feats to suggest him contending with Scott. While Scott definitely veers into trans territory, it's more of a power-set match up as opposed to a tier one, one that Thor holds the advantage in.

Thor with the Odin Force makes this more comfortable a victory for him, though.

celeyhyga17
Quantify what exactly?

Regular Thor has the feats to suggest him contending with Scott. While Scott definitely veers into trans territory, it's more of a power-set match up as opposed to a tier one, one that Thor holds the advantage in.

Thor with the Odin Force makes this more comfortable a victory for him, though.

Out of 10...

smokin'

JakeTheBank
Out of 10...

smokin'

I'd say regular Thor could split with Alan, but I have no issues if someone thinks Alan takes it 6-7/10.

OF Thor should win like 6-7/10, though.

The Starheart is, for all intents and purposes, a greater source of power than the Odin Force, but Alan's never used it to a degree on panel the likes of which would be beyond the Odin Force. Even Alan completely unleashed on panel wouldn't be beyond King Thor, for example.

A theoretical Alan Scott would be grossly overpowered, though.

Galan007
Thor wins. It would be a hard-earned battle, though.

It's funny how one word can invalidate a response. quanchi? Is that the word?

quanchi112

It's funny how one word can invalidate a response. With the odinforce I think he wins and does so easily. Originally posted by Galan007
Thor wins. It would be a hard-earned battle, though.

quanchi? Is that the word? You mad ?

Prep-Man
I'd say regular Thor could split with Alan, but I have no issues if someone thinks Alan takes it 6-7/10.

OF Thor should win like 6-7/10, though.

The Starheart is, for all intents and purposes, a greater source of power than the Odin Force, but Alan's never used it to a degree on panel the likes of which would be beyond the Odin Force. Even Alan completely unleashed on panel wouldn't be beyond King Thor, for example.

A theoretical Alan Scott would be grossly overpowered, though.

Alan who took on the JLA/JSA wouldn't be overpowered, IMO.

Digi
Care to quantify that?

Jake and I are pretty in sync on this one. Neither one of these guys is out of the others' league, and Thor is THE high herald energy absorber when he turns off the stupid and uses Mjolnir at all. Alan would have a hard time overcoming that normally, much less with OF.

He's got more potential power, including the OF, but he's up against basically the worst possible power set for his abilities.

But like, if Alan goes suicidal, over-9000 from the get-go, he might just KO Thor. So it's not a toss-up, I see Thor winning something like 8/10, but it's a good fight.

celeyhyga17
Jake and I are pretty in sync on this one. Neither one of these guys is out of the others' league, and Thor is THE high herald energy absorber when he turns off the stupid and uses Mjolnir at all. Alan would have a hard time overcoming that normally, much less with OF.

He's got more potential power, including the OF, but he's up against basically the worst possible power set for his abilities.

But like, if Alan goes suicidal, over-9000 from the get-go, he might just KO Thor. So it's not a toss-up, I see Thor winning something like 8/10, but it's a good fight.

8/10?

Looks like I miscalculated... sad

cdtm
I think normal Thor could beat him.

The hammers basically weakness exploitation against magic users.

Prep-Man
Oops, I didn't see OF Thor, it would be a much better fight. Magic weaknesses doesn't guarantee a win, IMO. Alan was owning the combined might of JLA/JSA and Thor isn't that powerful. Speaking about normal Thor.

JakeTheBank
Again, not so much power levels and their scope as it is power sets as opposed to one another which is the primary factor here.

I don't see normal Thor handling the combined JLA/JSA rosters like Crazy Alan did, but Thor's power set enables him to do quite well against Alan himself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Oops, I didn't see OF Thor, it would be a much better fight. Magic weaknesses doesn't guarantee a win, IMO. Alan was owning the combined might of JLA/JSA and Thor isn't that powerful. Speaking about normal Thor. That has nothing to do with this matchup. Nothing.

Prep-Man
Thor might match up better than most, but a skilled GL can overcome that. If it's regular Thor, he gets stomped. OF Thor may win, though.

JakeTheBank
I strongly disagree with regular Thor getting "stomped".

Hell, it's "regular" Thor who has all the great energy absorbing/draining feats under his belt, not an amped version of him.

Prep-Man
I strongly disagree with regular Thor getting "stomped".

Hell, it's "regular" Thor who has all the great energy absorbing/draining feats under his belt, not an amped version of him.

I doubt Thor draining Alan of the Starheart, tbh.

JakeTheBank
I doubt Thor draining Alan of the Starheart, tbh.

He doesn't have to drain Alan of the Starheart in its entirety - which I doubt would happen - to use Mjolnir to nullify a great deal of Alan's offensive options.

Prep-Man
He doesn't have to drain Alan of the Starheart in its entirety - which I doubt would happen - to use Mjolnir to nullify a great deal of Alan's offensive options.

Thor has been put down with energy/force before. And Alan has more than enough of that to take him out. Hell, didn't Spectrum (Marvel's GL) do well against Thor in their initial meeting?

JakeTheBank
Thor has been put down with energy/force before. And Alan has more than enough of that to take him out. Hell, didn't Spectrum (Marvel's GL) do well against Thor in their initial meeting?

Yes, energy attacks have taken down Thor before. He also has a strong history of energy defenses via spinning Mjolnir, absorbing it, or sending it back at its attacker with anywhere from times ten to times hundred power.

Spectrum did do okay and managed to temporarily disarm Mjolnir from Thor, iirc. Unfortunately, such a method delays Thor until Thor's will causes Mjolnir to free itself from whatever trap it's in. Just recently, Thor willed Mjolnir from Earth to another dimension in moments.

In any case, there's more evidence suggesting Thor does well against energy manipulators than there is against it. Definitely enough feats to suggest that Alan "stomping" Thor is out of the question.

Prep-Man
So, do you think normal Thor would take Sentinel for the majority?

JakeTheBank
So, do you think normal Thor would take Sentinel for the majority?

Personally, I think he could split in what would be a very tough fight.

Prep-Man
Personally, I think he could split in what would be a very tough fight.

Same with the likes of Parallax or PC Hal?

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
You mad ?

I always thought this the oddest of tactics. Superimposing anger on one's opponent in order to feel superior or laugh at some sort of perceived victory. At best, he's actually mad, and the acknowledgement of it does nothing to increase it, only point it out. So, best case scenario, it's neutral. Worst case, it's self-delusion for the sake of petty smugness.

I get that you don't like Galan, but really, are you not above this?

abhilegend
Thor.

Prep-Man
I always thought this the oddest of tactics. Superimposing anger on one's opponent in order to feel superior or laugh at some sort of perceived victory. At best, he's actually mad, and the acknowledgement of it does nothing to increase it, only point it out. So, best case scenario, it's neutral. Worst case, it's self-delusion for the sake of petty smugness.

I get that you don't like Galan, but really, are you not above this?

Here, here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.