Sodam Yat Ion vs Thor/Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f2/Sodam_Yat_Ion.jpg/250px-Sodam_Yat_Ion.jpg

vs

Thor
Current Hulk

No BFR

PillarofOsiris
Marvel gets stomped hard.

carver9
Another Hulk thread? Will PM Bada to see what he thinks.

JakeTheBank
Thor and Hulk.

Slaanesh
Yat

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Another Hulk thread? Will PM Bada to see what he thinks.

In case he thinks Hulk wins?

Odekahn
Yat could take either 1v1, but I'm not sure about both at the same time. Good fight. I'll go ahead and give it to Yat, but it's not a stomp imo by any means.

carver9
Hulk solos.

Odekahn
Hulk solos.

Nooooooo

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Nooooooo

Yes.

Odekahn
Yes.

I could see the debate for Hulk beating Superman (even though I disagree), but Yat is a whole different ballgame. He's not taking Ion 1v1.

CosmicComet
Orion solos.

I agree Carver my friend

Reacting2
Another Hulk thread? Will PM Bada to see what he thinks. Holy Shit eek!

Odekahn
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I agree Carver my friend

I think you might be looking for that thread>>>>>

CosmicComet
I think you might be looking for that thread>>>>>

Why do you say that?

Odekahn
Why do you say that?

Because you quoted carver saying Orion solos, lol.

CosmicComet
So?

Why isn't Carver allowed to be random?

Odekahn
So?

Why isn't Carver allowed to be random?

Because you're the one being random for him, quoting him from another thread and putting it in here, lol. If you quoted him from this thread it would have said "Hulk solos" not Orion.

carver9
I could see the debate for Hulk beating Superman (even though I disagree), but Yat is a whole different ballgame. He's not taking Ion 1v1.

How is he beating Hulk? BFRing is off.

Odekahn
How is he beating Hulk? BFRing is off.

He's simply more powerful. Do you think the Hulkbuster armor would stand a snowball's chance in hell against an Ion infused Daxamite?

Reacting2
How is he beating Hulk? BFRing is off. by kicking the shit out of him... confused

carver9
He's simply more powerful. Do you think the Hulkbuster armor would stand a snowball's chance in hell against an Ion infused Daxamite?

It depends on what armor. If you are talking about the armor during WWH, then yes.

carver9
Originally posted by Reacting2
by kicking the shit out of him... confused

Not happening.

JakeTheBank
There's what Sodam Yat should be in theory.

And there's what he actually displayed on panel.

Team has a definite shot at this.

Mindset
Team wins 10/10.

Thor beats him by himself, honestly.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Mindset
Team wins 10/10.

Thor beats him by himself, honestly.

What? Thor loses 1000/1000 against Yat.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
What? Thor loses 1000/1000 against Yat.

That's insane.

Yat, and let's be honest here, sucked ass as Ion. Nothing he actually did with the Ion Power would be so far beyond Thor that he'd win "1000/1000" matches.

PillarofOsiris
He took on Prime one on one for a LOT longer than I think Thor would have lasted. That alone seals it for me.

JakeTheBank
He took on Prime one on one for a LOT longer than I think Thor would have lasted. That alone seals it for me.

Yeah, so did Conner.

PillarofOsiris
Also keep in mind, lead was involved in beating Yat.

Mindset
What? Thor loses 1000/1000 against Yat. No.

JakeTheBank
Also keep in mind, lead was involved in beating Yat.

And keep in mind that Mjolnir trumps most of what Yat could via energy blasts and constructs.

Mindset
Also keep in mind, lead was involved in beating Yat. Also, keep in mind, SBP would rape Yat 10/10 lead or no lead.

He could probably beat him in a red sun.

PillarofOsiris
No.

If Hulk is one-shotting current Thor, you're telling me he's beating what for all intents and purposes is a kryptonian, with a GL ring, and the Ion power? Unless Thor's hammer is made out of lead, he's not winning.

PillarofOsiris
Also, keep in mind, SBP would rape Yat 10/10 lead or no lead.

He could probably beat him in a red sun.

And Prime isn't raping Thor? Prime is ONE-SHOTTING Thor.

JakeTheBank
If Hulk is one-shotting current Thor, you're telling me he's beating what for all intents and purposes is a kryptonian, with a GL ring, and the Ion power? Unless Thor's hammer is made out of lead, he's not winning.

See, you're describing what Ion should be and not what he is.

Which is weak sauce.

Also Thor being one shot by his own hammer by a mindraped Thanos translates into what here?

Mindset
If Hulk is one-shotting current Thor, you're telling me he's beating what for all intents and purposes is a kryptonian, with a GL ring, and the Ion power? Unless Thor's hammer is made out of lead, he's not winning. Hulk would oneshot Yat.

A knock off kryptonian, with subpar GL skills, and an innate ability to make the ion power shit.

And Prime isn't raping Thor? Prime is ONE-SHOTTING Thor. Originally posted by Mindset
No.

JakeTheBank
And Prime isn't raping Thor? Prime is ONE-SHOTTING Thor.

No, he's not.

He couldn't one shot freakin' Superboy. erm

PillarofOsiris
Hulk would oneshot Yat.

Are you Carver under a different name? Because this is as delusional as anything he has said about the Hulk.

PillarofOsiris
Hulk isn't one-shotting a no-name kryptonian, with no GL ring, and no ion power from new krypton. That's a fact.

Mindset
Are you Carver under a different name? Because this is as delusional as anything he has said about the Hulk. No.Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Hulk isn't one-shotting a no-name kryptonian, with no GL ring, and no ion power from new krypton. That's a fact. Based off of nothing.

JakeTheBank
A knock off kryptonian, with subpar GL skills, and an innate ability to make the ion power shit.

Sums up Yat.

Character had a lot of potential, which unfortunately, doesn't translate into on panel evidence or even consistent portrayal. Yat just had lip service going for him from the likes of Arisia and others saying that as a rookie Lantern he'd give vets a run for their money.

Mindset
I still remember Kyle acting like he couldn't beat Nero to make Yat feel better.

el oh el

PillarofOsiris
No. Based off of nothing.

What are you basing your opinion on? Him one-shotting Thor? Sorry, but Kryptonians are far more durable than Thor.

JakeTheBank
What are you basing your opinion on? Him one-shotting Thor? Sorry, but Kryptonians are far more durable than Thor.

So, Kryptonians being more durable than Thor equals Prime and/or Yat one-shotting him?

Lol, Prime couldn't one shot Superboy and Thor's feats trump his by far.

Mindset
What are you basing your opinion on? Him one-shotting Thor? Sorry, but Kryptonians are far more durable than Thor. LOL!

JakeTheBank
I still remember Kyle acting like he couldn't beat Nero to make Yat feel better.

el oh el

Kyle's a nice guy. Too nice.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So, Kryptonians being more durable than Thor equals Prime and/or Yat one-shotting him?

Lol, Prime couldn't one shot Superboy and Thor's feats trump his by far. Kryptonians aren't more durable than Thor anyway.

Mindset
Kyle's a nice guy. Too nice. Should have just taken the Ion power back.

Not that he needs it.

PillarofOsiris
LOL!

So Thor is more durable because he's been one-shot, how many times lately? Doomsday couldn't one-shot no-name kryptonians, and you're claiming Hulk could one-shot a daxamite with a gl ring and ion power? Your marvel-bias is showing through just a LITTLE there buddy.

JakeTheBank
Kryptonians aren't more durable than Thor anyway.

Superman is, but Superman > Kryptonians. No name Kryptonians aren't more durable than Thor or have better damage soak.

Even then, Thor's entire history suggest him not being one shot by Prime or Ion and only people who somehow think AvX or Avengers Assemble trump 40+ years of comics or Carver think the opposite.

Mindset
So Thor is more durable because he's been one-shot, how many times lately? Doomsday couldn't one-shot no-name kryptonians, and you're claiming Hulk could one-shot a daxamite with a gl ring and ion power? Your marvel-bias is showing through just a LITTLE there buddy. DD is nothing special.

Hulk > DD

Yup.

I like more DC characters than Marvel.

PillarofOsiris
It goes past AvX and Avengers Assemble. But even still, if Prime can't one shot Yat, Thor or Hulk aren't doing it, unless Thor and Hulk became trans level with me hearing about it.

PillarofOsiris
DD is nothing special.

Hulk > DD

Yup.

I like more DC characters than Marvel.

Apparently you don't know much about them then. DD is nothing special? lol @ you claiming you like DC. You probably don't realize how powerful DD became even after killing Superman in DOS.

JakeTheBank
It goes past AvX and Avengers Assemble. But even still, if Prime can't one shot Yat, Thor or Hulk aren't doing it, unless Thor and Hulk became trans level with me hearing about it.

Like when? Because before AvX and A-A, Thor's still been the high herald he's consistently been for decades.

Okay.

Neither Prime nor Yat can one shot Thor unless you throw out everything but recent feats and pretend they're the norm for Thor and not just an all around shitfest.

Mindset
Apparently you don't know much about them then. DD is nothing special? lol @ you claiming you like DC. You probably don't realize how powerful DD became even after killing Superman in DOS. More than you, apparently.

Yup.

Yes, I do. H/P DD was powerful. Recent DD was nothing special.

PillarofOsiris
Like when? Because before AvX and A-A, Thor's still been the high herald he's consistently been for decades.

Okay.

Neither Prime nor Yat can one shot Thor.

How about Prince of Power? Or Thor/Iron man? He was one-shot in each of those stories.

Prime definitely can. 100%. Yat, I'll admit it could be debatable....going by current Thor, I think he could. Going by Thor's entire history, then no. (and I'll concede that he couldn't do so if Thor had the presence of mind to put up a shield of some kind).

Mindset
Yat would kill himself trying to oneshot Thor.

PillarofOsiris
But it's absolutely laughable to claim Hulk is one-shotting Yat. It's one of the dumbest things I've seen claimed on this site (and that's counting Quan and Carver statements). It's more likely Yat one-shots Thor than the other way around.

Mindset
But it's absolutely laughable to claim Hulk is one-shotting Yat. It's one of the dumbest things I've seen claimed on this site (and that's counting Quan and Carver statements). It's more likely Yat one-shots Thor than the other way around. That's because you don't know about any of the characters being discussed.

I'll send you some comics I've got done reading, get you started on your journey to knowledge.

JakeTheBank
How about Prince of Power? Or Thor/Iron man? He was one-shot in each of those stories.

Prime definitely can. 100%. Yat, I'll admit it could be debatable....going by current Thor, I think he could. Going by Thor's entire history, then no. (and I'll concede that he couldn't do so if Thor had the presence of mind to put up a shield of some kind).

How about all the times he wasn't one shot or endured absurd damage? If you want, we can compare all the times Thor's been one shot by various attacks and what not and compare them to the times Thor has powered through and endured attacks of similar or higher status.

Not really,

PillarofOsiris
That's because you don't know about any of the characters being discussed.

I'll send you some comics I've got done reading, get you started on your journey to knowledge.

Really original. I need to read more comics. Ok. I'll do that.

Mindset
Really original. I need to read more comics. Ok. I'll do that. I'm not trying to be witty, I'm trying to help a fellow poster in dire need.

You're making us all look bad.

What if we get challenged by another forum, you'll embarrass all of us.

abhilegend
Nobody is getting oneshotted here.

PillarofOsiris
How about all the times he wasn't one shot or endured absurd damage? If you want, we can compare all the times Thor's been one shot by various attacks and what not and compare them to the times Thor has powered through and endured attacks of similar or higher status.

Not really,

I know you know you know your comics, Jake, so tell me... Honestly, in a straight up brawl, how long do you see current Thor lasting against Prime? Be honest. (no shields, no exotic powers).

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nobody is getting oneshotted here.

Mindset is claiming Hulk is one-shotting Yat. I merely said it's more likely Yat one-shots Thor, than the other way around.

Mindset
Mindset is claiming Hulk is one-shotting Yat. I merely said it's more likely Yat one-shots Thor, than the other way around. You said SBP would oneshot Thor...

JakeTheBank
I know you know you know your comics, Jake, so tell me... Honestly, in a straight up brawl, how long do you see current Thor lasting against Prime? Be honest. (no shields, no exotic powers).

Without PIS or the need to Worf Effect him, Thor would last at least as long as Conner did.

PillarofOsiris
You said SBP would oneshot Thor...

Please re-read the OP. SBP isn't in this fight. He said "here", meaning in this fight.

Plenty of people not in this fight can one-shot Thor.

Mindset
Please re-read the OP. SBP isn't in this fight. He said "here", meaning in this fight.

Plenty of people not in this fight can one-shot Thor. You misunderstood my post.

I'm saying, I was replying with your stupidity in kind.

PillarofOsiris
Without PIS or the need to Worf Effect him, Thor would last at least as long as Conner did.

Do you think current Thor does better against Prime than Yat?

PillarofOsiris
You misunderstood my post.

I'm saying, I was replying with your stupidity in kind.

Sure you were.

Mindset
Sure you were.
So we both agree your post was stupid.

Whew, one hurdle crossed.

Now, back to Thor/Hulk winning 10/10.

PillarofOsiris
So we both agree your post was stupid.

Whew, one hurdle crossed.

Now, back to Thor/Hulk winning 10/10.

Have you and carver ever been online at the same time? Just wondering.

JakeTheBank
Do you think current Thor does better against Prime than Yat?

He doesn't leave Yat a complete bloody broken mess, but he does do well enough. With Hulk helping, though, Yat's not going to like what happens to him.

Mindset
Have you and carver ever been online at the same time? Just wondering. I think you need to be more focused on your comic knowledge, to be frank.

PillarofOsiris
He doesn't leave Yat a complete bloody broken mess, but he does do well enough. With Hulk helping, though, Yat's not going to like what happens to him.

Yat drew quite a bit of blood from Prime. And yeah, lowballing Prime is all well and good, but both Hulk and Thor have individually, and with the Avengers entire team TOGETHER can be lowballed worse than having Connor put up a fight against them.

And I believe the fight between Prime and Yat, which was quite long, would have gone longer had lead not been involved. Yat has a HUGE speed advantage over both of these guys. Given the punishment he took from Prime, he has a vast durability advantage over at LEAST Thor, but IMO, also Hulk.

PillarofOsiris
I think you need to be more focused on your comic knowledge, to be frank.

Nice. At least Jake can put up an argument and not resort to lame regurgitated insults. Really? "read more comics" "brush up on your comic knowledge". Those are so original. I'll tell you what, I'll spend a few months reading some actual comics and brushing up, and then when I'm ready, I'll debate you. Maybe by then I'll figure out how Hulk can one-shot Yat.

JakeTheBank
Yat drew quite a bit of blood from Prime. And yeah, lowballing Prime is all well and good, but both Hulk and Thor have individually, and with the Avengers entire team TOGETHER can be lowballed worse than having Connor put up a fight against them.

And I believe the fight between Prime and Yat, which was quite long, would have gone longer had lead not been involved. Yat has a HUGE speed advantage over both of these guys. Given the punishment he took from Prime, he has a vast durability advantage over at LEAST Thor, but IMO, also Hulk.

I'm not lowballing Prime by using his fights with Conner as evidence. He's clearly more powerful than him, but even bloodlusted, he can't one shot kill or KO him. And that's been the case every time they've fought.

Thor's endured worse than Yat did against Prime. Easily, actually when you look at his history. Hulk's faced worse than that, too.

Mindset
I'll tell you what, I'll spend a few months reading some actual comics and brushing up, and then when I'm ready, I'll debate you. Maybe by then I'll figure out how Hulk can one-shot Yat. Thank you, that's all I ask for.

I'll be waiting eagerly.

PillarofOsiris
I'm not lowballing Prime by using his fights with Conner as evidence. He's clearly more powerful than him, but even bloodlusted, he can't one shot kill or KO him. And that's been the case every time they've fought.

Thor's endured worse than Yat did against Prime. Easily, actually when you look at his history. Hulk's faced worse than that, too.

Would you admit that it's POSSIBLE that Prime could one-shot current Thor?

And again, Yat also got impaled by lead, so it's hard to judge how long he would have lasted. But what are some examples of Thor enduring more than being punched that many times by a guy whose punches have retconned reality? I guess off the top of my head, Celestial blasts would be one example. But what were you thinking of? (No shields).

JakeTheBank
Would you admit that it's POSSIBLE that Prime could one-shot current Thor?

And again, Yat also got impaled by lead, so it's hard to judge how long he would have lasted. But what are some examples of Thor enduring more than being punched that many times by a guy whose punches have retconned reality? I guess off the top of my head, Celestial blasts would be one example. But what were you thinking of? (No shields).

Current Thor doesn't disbar all of Thor's past feats, so I find it unlikely that in a forum setting Prime one shots him. It's possible Prime could do it, sure, but highly improbable.

Thor's been attacked by Glory, crazy Odin, Mangog, Thanos, Surtur, and other vastly powerful beings and hasn't been one shotted. And Prime's retcon punches mean nothing in terms of an actual fight. His fists didn't reality manipulate Conner or Yat or Superman or any of the beings he battled. And he certainly can't retcon reality on a whim, not without context. Mjolnir's effected reality before under its own power; doesn't mean Thor can reality warp his enemies.

carver9
Current Thor doesn't disbar all of Thor's past feats, so I find it unlikely that in a forum setting Prime one shots him. It's possible Prime could do it, sure, but highly improbable.

Thor's been attacked by Glory, crazy Odin, Mangog, Thanos, Surtur, and other vastly powerful beings and hasn't been one shotted. And Prime's retcon punches mean nothing in terms of an actual fight. His fists didn't reality manipulate Conner or Yat or Superman or any of the beings he battled. And he certainly can't retcon reality on a whim, not without context. Mjolnir's effected reality before under its own power; doesn't mean Thor can reality warp his enemies.

Good post.

PillarofOsiris

Thor seems to do better against energy based attacks than physical ones for some reason.

Context also works the other way as well. Prime being out of sunlight for a long time, having just flown through 300 miles of willpower, going through a red sun, etc, etc, etc. Many of the times his punches don't do crazy things like retcon reality can also be explained/excused.

Prime's fists seem to get that effect from pure physical force, which is insane, whereas Thor's hammer does so via it's mystical abilities (that's how I read those examples anyway). I could be wrong, but as far as I know, Thor hasn't shattered reality, on his own, by sheer physical force.

Back on topic, the last thing I'll say here is that IMO Yat has a VAST speed advantage over these two. With a GL ring only, his energy manipulation ability is maybe half of Thor's, with the Ion power, it surpasses his. As a daxamite, he has a definite strength and durability edge on Thor, and probably Hulk as well. If he stays in the air and makes it Thor vs him one on one, and then takes on the Hulk after, he wins easily. OR If he uses his speed to it's fullest extent, he wins easily.

If Thor and Hulk work as a team, the fight stays on the ground, and Yat doesn't use his speed, and brawls it out, and Thor uses some exotic powers, sure, they could MAYBE get a win here and there. Those are big ifs IMO. That's all there is to say, for me, if you don't buy my arguments, we have to agree to disagree I guess. Time for bed.

carver9
Lol at Yat being stronger than Hulk...lol at them even being comparable in strength, especially current Hulk. If this fight goes physical once, he is done for and him fighting in character, that is bound to happen.

Mindset
I agree with Coach Carter.

carver9
I agree with Coach Carter.

confused

Mindset
What's wrong?

carver9
What's wrong?

Who would name themselves coach Carter? I didn't see anyone in here by that name posting.

Mindset
You are Coach Carter.

Schooling these fools one by one.

Go get em, buddy.

carver9
You are Coach Carter.

Schooling these fools one by one.

Go get em, buddy.

Sigh*

Zack Fair
Team 8/10

biensalsa
Yat has some amazing feats before He became ION.

Add his Daxamite power with the power of Ion is too much.

But he was shown to be kind of a rookie handling Ion's power

I think Yat has good chances of winning this. if He fights and performs like the amazing rookie he was wearing the ring.

Here vs several manhunters and a Yellow ringer

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-12.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-14.jpg

Kills ring wielder

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-25.jpg

Takes a huge explosion that kills Ranx

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-27.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-29.jpg

Takes a fetal stage AM blast other Gl's dies but not him

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-2425.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-26.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-27.jpg

Bentley
Prime can probably one-shot current Thor and hit him so hard that he also classic Thor gets koed.

DarkSaint85
Classic Hulk is the one that's riding around being all bald and drawn terribly by Dillon, right?

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Classic Hulk is the one that's riding around being all bald and drawn terribly by Dillon, right?
He looks more like a cross between Lou Ferrigno and Kojak than Hulk, the art is horrible.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by biensalsa
Yat has some amazing feats before He became ION.

Add his Daxamite power with the power of Ion is too much.

But he was shown to be kind of a rookie handling Ion's power

I think Yat has good chances of winning this. if He fights and performs like the amazing rookie he was wearing the ring.

Here vs several manhunters and a Yellow ringer

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-12.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-14.jpg

Kills ring wielder

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-25.jpg

Takes a huge explosion that kills Ranx

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-27.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps016-29.jpg

Takes a fetal stage AM blast other Gl's dies but not him

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-2425.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-26.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/GreenLanternCorps017-27.jpg

You really think those feats justify Yat soloing Thor and Hulk?

carver9
Either Thor or Hulk solos. Yat is overrated.

keiththegreat

Well, he did say that was BEFORE the ion power... So I don't think he's using it to justify him soloing the team.

biensalsa

Those feats are pre-upgrade.

If you consider the power boost then He has good chances of winning.

But I believe for him in order to win, he will have to take one of the fighters out fast.

I think the Team has better chances if both keep attacking together.

JakeTheBank
The Ion power didn't really do anything for Yat.

I mean, sure, for all intents and purposes, it should have, but based on what we actually saw, Yat didn't perform up to par.

biensalsa
The Ion power didn't really do anything for Yat.

I mean, sure, for all intents and purposes, it should have, but based on what we actually saw, Yat didn't perform up to par.

Truth is that compared to his pre-upgrade version being transformed into ION seems more like a down-grade feats wise.

Yat has better feats as GL than as ION, but so is many characters in comics, top of my head is Thor, but We accept that other versions of Thor are more powerful than regular Thor, because of the implied power.

If you consider the power of Ion when residing in Kyle then it means that any Ion is really powerful.

But yes his upgrade seemed more like a downgrade, especially since he does not has any feats worth mentioning as ION.

PillarofOsiris

Yat has better feats as GL than as ION, but so is many characters in comics, top of my head is Thor, but We accept that other versions of Thor are more powerful than regular Thor, because of the implied power.

This is a key point. WWH is implied to be more powerful than Savage Hulk, yet, IMO, Savage Hulk's feats are superior.

JakeTheBank
Truth is that compared to his pre-upgrade version being transformed into ION seems more like a down-grade feats wise.

If you consider the power of Ion when residing in Kyle then it means that any Ion is really powerful.

But yes his upgrade seemed more like a downgrade, especially since he does not has any feats worth mentioning as ION.

Even his GL feats don't translate into him beating Thor and Hulk. His lip service as a rookie with the potential to be as good as any veteran is cool and all as is the fact that he's a Daxamite to begin with, but the equation that Daxamite + GL ring + Ion Power > Thor/Hulk doesn't hold any water to me personally when you look at what they actually display.

Those other forms of Thor also have feats way outside of regular Thor's capabilities. King Thor didn't shield 1/5 of the Universe from being destroyed with Mjolnir like classic Thor...but he had eyebeams capable of rage stomping adamantium and Cap's shield and one shot killed the Destroyer Armor. Rune King Thor hardly had any combat worthy feats...except for instantly depowering Mangog and turning him into wind and no selling a Loki who was amped to Skyfather level.

Yat, on the other hand, once he was given the Ion power, didn't really do anything. The implied power/lip service treatment was there, sure. But his best feat/fight was his battle with Prime, something that either Hulk or Thor or any competent high herald at their best could replicate in the pages of a comic.

Even Kyle was nerfed with the Ion power before long. And it's certainly not reasonable to project anything Kyle did as Ion onto Yat at all.

Which is exactly my point. And it doesn't make sense to basically use a "could have been/should have been" form of Yat Ion instead of the Yat Ion we got.

JakeTheBank
This is a key point. WWH is implied to be more powerful than Savage Hulk, yet, IMO, Savage Hulk's feats are superior.

He has high end feats which are better than WBH's, but on the consistent average portrayal, it's clear that WBH is more powerful than Savage Hulk through feats.

King Thor hasn't absorbed energy enough to destroy a galaxy or prevent universal destruction, but we clearly know he's more powerful than classic Thor based on the stuff he did on panel that classic Thor never could.

Obviously, Yat with the Ion power is more powerful than Yat with just a GL ring, but he's nowhere close to anything Kyle did. Yat doesn't get to ride on Kyle's coat tails with the Ion power nor use his implied power statements as proof he beats both Thor and Hulk. Yat gets to use his feats as both a GL and as Ion to his credit, nothing more, nothing less.

Mindset
Yat with the Ion power doesn't even have the feats of Kyle with just his ring.

JakeTheBank

QFT

Bentley

You have to agree with Mindset when he's right.

PillarofOsiris
I can say the same thing about many Marvel characters who we all assume to be skyfathers and above.

Nihilist
Marvel team win.

Off topic why does Carter cry every time a Hulk thread is made?

JakeTheBank
I can say the same thing about many Marvel characters who we all assume to be skyfathers and above.

Okay. And it would be a valid point in a thread where one of these alleged characters is pitted against someone.

Per this thread, though, a lot of the arguments being made for Yat is based on guess work and how people feel a Daxamite + GL ring + Ion power should perform instead of how he did.

His battle with Prime is certainly not enough to argue he beats both Thor and Hulk at the same time. And his rookie GL feats don't amount to much, either.

Harbinger
Question: If one accepts Yat's showing against Prime as legit, how does one then say that the team wins (unless you also think that Thor/Hulk > SBP)? Prime ran through heralds like they were tissue paper, and Yat fought him damn tough until he got exposed to lead.

I don't have an opinion on this fight, but I always think about the above when Yat's in any thread against heralds.

keiththegreat
Well, I think Pillar made a good point that Yat was doing good until the lead came into play.

carver9
He was doing good, but he did the basics...something that both Thor and Hulk could have replicated.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Harbinger
Question: If one accepts Yat's showing against Prime as legit, how does one then say that the team wins (unless you also think that Thor/Hulk > SBP)? Prime ran through heralds like they were tissue paper, and Yat fought him damn tough until he got exposed to lead.

I don't have an opinion on this fight, but I always think about the above when Yat's in any thread against heralds.

thumb up
I always think the same too when I see Yats name.

Based on his performance vs Prime alone, he should shitstomp Thor & Hulk. Even with lead poisoning.

JakeTheBank

Because of Thor and Hulk's feats.

Thor and Hulk together don't have to be > Prime in order to beat Yat. And Prime fighting ninja-law influenced teams doesn't change that, either.

Personally, I find it weird that Yat's uphill fight with Prime is used as the sole basis on how he'd not only beat, but apparently easily handle people who have had just as if not more challenging battles under their belt.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sundipped
thumb up
I always think the same too when I see Yats name.

Based on his performance vs Prime alone, he should shitstomp Thor & Hulk. Even with lead poisoning.

Problem with this is that you're not taking into account the performance of Thor and Hulk against the beings they've faced and survived against.

The idea that Yat wins against Thor and Hulk with lead poisoning is doubtful. The idea that Yat, based solely on his fight with Prime, "shitstomps" Thor and Hulk is ridiculous and ignores, well, everything Thor and Hulk have ever done.

Sundipped
Problem with this is that you're not taking into account the performance of Thor and Hulk against the beings they've faced and survived against.

The idea that Yat wins against Thor and Hulk with lead poisoning is doubtful. The idea that Yat, based solely on his fight with Prime, "shitstomps" Thor and Hulk is ridiculous and ignores, well, everything Thor and Hulk have ever done.

Ok I might have went out on a limb saying Yat could do it while poisoned.

Other than that, Thor and Hulk are not beating anyone who legitimately stalemated a certified trans level being in Prime. It's almost like pitting them against Thanos. Except with speed and a little more power.

JakeTheBank

Other than that, Thor and Hulk are not beating anyone who legitimately stalemated a certified trans level being in Prime. It's almost like pitting them against Thanos. Except with speed and a little more power.

What? erm

No, it's nothing at all like putting them against Thanos, who would have given Prime a far better fight than Yat did. Let's put an end to that line of thought right away.

Thanos would beat the crap out of Yat.

PillarofOsiris
I think Thanos would beat Yat, but I don't think it would be a stomp by any means. With that said, I'll wait for the Thanos calvary to come in.

JakeTheBank
I'm not a Thanos mark or fanboy, but given Thanos' feats and accomplishments, it would be a very uphill battle for Yat. And that's being generous to Yat.

Harbinger

Other than that, Thor and Hulk are not beating anyone who legitimately stalemated a certified trans level being in Prime. It's almost like pitting them against Thanos. Except with speed and a little more power. The other side to that is what Jake's been saying throughout the thread, though: that other than Yat's showing against SBP, his feats as Ion are pretty inconsistent with what other people's (IE, Kyle's) showings with the Ion power have been. Yat should be able to best Thor/Hulk given what the Ion power is, and what Kyle was able to accomplish with it. However, the only feat he has that even begins to approach that threshold is his fight with Prime. What I was getting at when I first brought it up was this: given the totality of Yat's feats as Ion, should his showing against SBP even be considered as the norm for him (IE, something he could replicate in a forum setting against top tiers)?

Again, don't have much of an opinion on this particular fight; this is solely about Yat.

Sundipped
What? erm

No, it's nothing at all like putting them against Thanos, who would have given Prime a far better fight than Yat did. Let's put an end to that line of thought right away.

Thanos would beat the crap out of Yat.

So basically your saying Prime is not in Thanos' ballpark. How could Thanos have given a better fight? Might as well say he would've won the fight. Yat matched Prime punch for punch. Thanos is not beating the crap outta Ion or Prime.

JakeTheBank
The other side to that is what Jake's been saying throughout the thread, though: that other than Yat's showing against SBP, his feats as Ion are pretty inconsistent with what other people's (IE, Kyle's) showings with the Ion power have been. Yat should be able to best Thor/Hulk given what the Ion power is, and what Kyle was able to accomplish with it. However, the only feat he has that even begins to approach that threshold is his fight with Prime. What I was getting at when I first brought it up was this: given the totality of Yat's feats as Ion, should his showing against SBP even be considered as the norm for him (IE, something he could replicate in a forum setting against top tiers)?

This is something I can get behind.

Yat w/ Ion, like Mindset pointed out, doesn't even have the feats to match Kyle with just a power ring. On paper, Sodam Yat should easily be trans level. In actuality, it's generous that he be placed in that tier just because of his scuffle with Prime.

It's flat out ridiculous to use that fight as evidence that he'd easily beat Thor and Hulk, who each have feats just as impressive as an extended battle with Prime or more so. It's debatable he'd even win at all.

Sundipped
The other side to that is what Jake's been saying throughout the thread, though: that other than Yat's showing against SBP, his feats as Ion are pretty inconsistent with what other people's (IE, Kyle's) showings with the Ion power have been. Yat should be able to best Thor/Hulk given what the Ion power is, and what Kyle was able to accomplish with it. However, the only feat he has that even begins to approach that threshold is his fight with Prime. What I was getting at when I first brought it up was this: given the totality of Yat's feats as Ion, should his showing against SBP even be considered as the norm for him (IE, something he could replicate in a forum setting against top tiers)?

Again, don't have much of an opinion on this particular fight; this is solely about Yat.

What low feats as Ion does he have?

JakeTheBank
So basically your saying Prime is not in Thanos' ballpark. How could Thanos have given a better fight? Might as well say he would've won the fight. Yat matched Prime punch for punch. Thanos is not beating the crap outta Ion or Prime.

I didn't say that nor did I even allude to that.

Given Thanos power set and his actual feats and fights, I have no doubt that he'd give Prime a tough fight. And you don't have to be a Thanos fanboy to realize that.

If I were to using your line of logic, I would state that you must think Yat could endure the ass kicking Thanos got from Odin.

Harbinger
What low feats as Ion does he have? I never said he had low feats, as he really doesn't. I'm suggesting that as Ion, his feats to date should be far more impressive than they are. Kyle as Ion tooled Alexander Nero, recreated the Guardians, beat Obilivion, etc. Again, Yat doesn't have feats that begin to touch that. If Yat did, this wouldn't be a thread; however, because he doesn't, we're basically stuck arguing whether feats should trump Yat's "role" or vice-versa.

Sundipped
I didn't say that nor did I even allude to that.

Given Thanos power set and his actual feats and fights, I have no doubt that he'd give Prime a tough fight. And you don't have to be a Thanos fanboy to realize that.

If I were to using your line of logic, I would state that you must think Yat could endure the ass kicking Thanos got from Odin.

Yes he can. His durability passed the test to a certain extent vs Prime.
They're both on the same level. They would perform as expected of a trans challenging a skyfather.

JakeTheBank
Yes he can. His durability passed the test to a certain extent vs Prime.
They're both on the same level. They would perform as expected of a trans challenging a skyfather.

Um, no, nothing Yat did or took suggests him wading through Odin's blasts or attacks, the same of which one shot KO'd Silver Surfer.

And no, Yat isn't on the same level as Thanos at all.

Sundipped
I never said he had low feats, as he really doesn't. I'm suggesting that as Ion, his feats to date should be far more impressive than they are. Kyle as Ion tooled Alexander Nero, recreated the Guardians, beat Obilivion, etc. Again, Yat doesn't have feats that begin to touch that. If Yat did, this wouldn't be a thread; however, because he doesn't, we're basically stuck arguing whether feats should trump Yat's "role" or vice-versa.

The only feat you need is the Prime fight. As long as he has no subpar feats, or even at the same time no showcase feats, his credibility still won't diminish.

JakeTheBank
The only feat you need is the Prime fight. As long as he has no subpar feats, or even at the same time no showcase feats, his credibility still won't diminish.

And we ignore the feats of Thor and Hulk in the process?

Because that is literally the only way Yat wins this in a shitstomp.

Sundipped

Um, no, nothing Yat did or took suggests him wading through Odin's blasts or attacks, the same of which one shot KO'd Silver Surfer.

And no, Yat isn't on the same level as Thanos at all.

Don't see how you view Yat any lesser than Prime, the latter of whom you'd say would give Thanos a good fight. I know you know stalemate means basically the same as equal right?

JakeTheBank
Don't see how you view Yat any lesser than Prime, the latter of whom you'd say would give Thanos a good fight. I know you know stalemate means basically the same as equal right?

Because Prime has better feats than his glorified ass kicking of Sodam Yat?

Prime was toying with Yat virtually the entire time. Every time Yat felt as if he had the advantage, Prime would just deliver another crushing blow or attack. It was an uphill fight for Yat the whole time. There was no way he was going to walk out of that fight the winner.

Sundipped
And we ignore the feats of Thor and Hulk in the process?

Because that is literally the only way Yat wins this in a shitstomp.

There ya go. That's why I'm saying he wins.
Feats considered, they still won't take a majority.

JakeTheBank
There ya go. That's why I'm saying he wins.
Feats considered, they still won't take a majority.

So long as you know that the only way Yat wins anything resembling a decisive victory against the two of them is via ignoring the vast history of Thor and Hulk, that's fine by me.

Feats considered, they actually do.

I think part of the problem here is you're looking at tiers instead of characters and power sets and how they interact with one another.

Sundipped
Because Prime has better feats than his glorified ass kicking of Sodam Yat?

Prime was toying with Yat virtually the entire time. Every time Yat felt as if he had the advantage, Prime would just deliver another crushing blow or attack. It was an uphill fight for Yat the whole time. There was no way he was going to walk out of that fight the winner.

LOL at you saying he toyed with him.
It was uphill because he got poisoned early. Even after that he drew blood & made Prime scream in pain till he finally ran out of gas. Prime would've emerged the victor but no denying Yats performance ater poisoning is a direct indicator they're on the same page.

JakeTheBank
LOL at you saying he toyed with him.
It was uphill because he got poisoned early. Even after that he drew blood & made Prime scream in pain till he finally ran out of gas. Prime would've emerged the victor but no denying Yats performance ater poisoning is a direct indicator they're on the same page.

Yeah, Conner hurt Prime. Superman has hurt Prime. Kid Flash hurt Prime. Martian Manhunter hurt Prime.

Hurting Prime isn't the issue; putting him down is. Do you not think that Thor or Hulk could hurt Prime or something?

Sundipped
So long as you know that the only way Yat wins anything resembling a decisive victory against the two of them is via ignoring the vast history of Thor and Hulk, that's fine by me.

Feats considered, they actually do.

I think part of the problem here is you're looking at tiers instead of characters and power sets and how they interact with one another.

No I didn't mean to say that's why earlier.
I was talking about Yats feat.

Their history also has them defeated meagerly as well. Yat has no meager feats. That's why you have too apply some logic as well and not get so hung up on feats.

You think they'll take the majority but that's your opinion. Mines differs. Agree to disagree.

-Pr-
How is Yat supposed to win?

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is Yat supposed to win? He has the ion powa!

iceman24567
ehh Yat dies hes not beating two top tier characters by himself erm

quanchi112
Thor or Hulk solo.

keiththegreat
Prime also just fought like 30 superheroes before his fight with Yat.... And he wasn't at full power either.

Sundipped
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Prime also just fought like 30 superheroes before his fight with Yat.... And he wasn't at full power either.

Yes he was. He was restored moments before Ion showed up:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12426418_primvs16.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12426419_primvs17.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12426420_primvs18.jpg

biensalsa
Hulk or Thor will solo ION YAT?

That is funny.

Solo a Daxamite with out the power ring? yes

Solo a Daxamite with a ring? Maybe

Solo a Daxamite with ION power? hell NO!

Mindset
He didn't do anything with the Ion power.

biensalsa
He didn't do anything with the Ion power.

He only hold a character ALONE that previously 8 characters failed to stop before powering up while poisoned, is that what you call nothing?

He survived where 30+ lanterns died is that also nothing?

Mindset
He only hold a character ALONE that previously 8 characters failed to stop before powering up while poisoned, is that what you call nothing?

He survived where 30+ lanterns died is that also nothing? He did what Bart did.

Congrats.

You mean the no name GL's that die from running into a door?

quanchi112
He didn't do anything with the Ion power. That and the fact Superboy scarred him for life and flat out performed better than multiple top tiers. I guarantee people won't claim Superboy is greater than MM.

Yat didn't do anything impressive on panel; really.

biensalsa
He did what Bart did.

Congrats.

You mean the no name GL's that die from running into a door?

And what Bart did is nothing too? I think that is High end feat with Barth and you forgot Speed force Barry helped too.

So that is still nothing?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>