Maps and Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GeneD

siriuswriter
Well all the Indiana Jones films have him traveling on a plane, and they do close-ups as the camera follows the red dots that are the cities that he leaves and then arrives in. has a lot of those. I'm pretty sure that "Raiders of the Lost Ark does as well, or there's the part where they find the tomb of the Ark of the Covenant by using an ancient replica of the city and finding where the sun falls on it at a certain time.

GeneD
Thanks for th input. The Muppet Movie (the new one) also uses this travel by map technique

If you think of any others let me know
GeneD

Ascendancy
Robocop has some kind of map-based tracking. Total Recall as well I believe.

GeneD
Thanks Ascendancy I will check into them. If you recall any others let me know,

jaden101
One that always springs to mind is Lex Luthor's giant world map when he's tracking the oil tankers...Not sure if that's what you're looking for though...Presumably more like car tracking around cities...I'll have a think...It is something you see in a lot of old movies but can't remember which ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.