Superman/Martian Manhunter/Orion vs Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No bfring. Heralds are...

Surfer
Stardust
Thor
Who wins.?

CosmicComet
Orion solos

Odekahn
DC 8/10

Harbinger
Stardust is the (relative) weak link here. Team one, 7/10 or so.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Odekahn

Orion solos 8/10
DC 10/10

fix'd

pym-ftw
In character Orion is the strongest, and stardust is weakest

Do the math

guy222
heralds

Bouboumaster
The heralds win this. Surfer is the most powerful dude on the field, and the heralds are too versatile to loose to Superman, Martian Manhunter, and some ginger.

abhilegend
Team 1.

PillarofOsiris
DC

Martian_mind
Jonn.

Stoic
Could I be the only one that believes that Stardust would bake J'onn's cookies or what? Thor can handle Orion, and Norrin would be far faster than Superman in terms of traveling speed. Norrin's durability isn't bad either, being a herald of Galactus.

I can actually see any of the Marvel side cutting even with J'onn, or just plain overpowering him.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Stoic
Norrin would be far faster than Superman in terms of traveling speed. Norrin's durability isn't bad either, being a herald of Galactus.

Where are they travelling to? Hard to argue SS has better combat speed feats than Supes. Impossible to argue he has better durability or strength.

IMO, SS/Supes is wash. Orion/Thor is a wash. MMH beats Stardust. That's the main reason I see DC winning.

Stoic
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Where are they travelling to? Hard to argue SS has better combat speed feats than Supes. Impossible to argue he has better durability or strength.

IMO, SS/Supes is wash. Orion/Thor is a wash. MMH beats Stardust. That's the main reason I see DC winning.

Let's just say that CIS was off in concerns to Norrin, and he was as blood thirsty as his Exiles counterpart. Do you believe that there is no form of energy capable of cutting Superman in half the way that to Gladiator was?

What about the idea that Norrin could drain Superman, which would effectively reduce him in power? Marvel has every right to stomp this one out.

Prep-Man
MM mindrapes and orion cleans house.

Stoic
I thought that all of those touched by Galactus had good resistance to TP assault? Stardust would bake J'onn. Stardust could open a portal to another dimension and send any one on team two into a dimension that houses beings that make Galactus, look insignificant. For example Asteroth was a cell of a much more powerful entity, and if left unchecked would have gained multi universal destructive powers. She would have fed on entire universes.

With CIS off Marvel has the potential to clean house here.

Prep-Man
What are some TP resistance feats? I mean MM did put down Spectre, IIRC by TP and Spectre's mind is much stronger than an average herald.

PillarofOsiris

What about the idea that Norrin could drain Superman, which would effectively reduce him in power? Marvel has every right to stomp this one out.

Energy draining isn't nearly as effective against Superman as most people think. In fact, he has his own draining abilities. He leeched/drained/absorbed energy from the Mageddon Anti-Sun that, really, was about to devastate the entire universe to the point that the Angels Of Heaven were preparing to build a new one.

Superman has flat out resisted energy draining before. And other times it's proven to be not all that effective, as he replenishes his power quite quickly.

Ruin had used solar energy drain, Kryptonite radiation, AND had taken the solar radiation he drained from Superman, converted it into red solar radiation, and blasted Superman with it. Still failed to put Superman down.

abhilegend
Superman sings and erases marvel team from existence with CIS off.

-Pr-
Let's just say that CIS was off in concerns to Norrin, and he was as blood thirsty as his Exiles counterpart. Do you believe that there is no form of energy capable of cutting Superman in half the way that to Gladiator was?

He'd have to turn off the sun, and any speed difference is negligible tbh.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman sings and erases marvel team from existence with CIS off.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud Its certainly more believable than surfer using cosmic awareness in the middle of a fight or is no CIS only applies to surfer and thor only?

Diesldude
Team DC- The energy drain is really convenient and is always used as an excuse for SS victory over superman. Is that an admission that without it SS can't hang with superman? SS can try but superman isn't going to stand around waiting to get drained. He'll break SS' glass jaw and then help Orion against Thor.

JakeTheBank
Its certainly more believable than surfer using cosmic awareness in the middle of a fight or is no CIS only applies to surfer and thor only?

Oh, I thought you were just joking around.

But to answer your question, no, can't say I ever see a CIS off Superman literally singing people out of existence ala Final Crisis. And the cosmic awareness angle I can't speak on as I don't know how it's being argued here.

CosmicComet
Anyway, Orion dolos.

celeyhyga17
Pretty even if unless J'onn is "weak" to fire in this fight... Meh....

JakeTheBank

But to answer your question, no, can't say I ever see a CIS off Superman literally singing people out of existence ala Final Crisis. And the cosmic awareness angle I can't speak on as I don't know how it's being argued here.

Okay, I looked through the thread, and I didn't see any mention of Cosmic Awareness being used in the middle of a fight. The only real argument for the heralds is coming from Stoic and the vast majority of posters in this thread are siding with DC so I'm not seeing the "CIS off only applies to Thor and Surfer and not Superman/DC characters" mentality here.

At all.

So yeah, not seeing how "Superman sings them out of existence" is any way, shape, or form, more believable than Surfer using cosmic awareness in the middle of a fight - which no one here even really argued to begin with.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Diesldude
Team DC- The energy drain is really convenient and is always used as an excuse for SS victory over superman. Is that an admission that without it SS can't hang with superman? SS can try but superman isn't going to stand around waiting to get drained. He'll break SS' glass jaw and then help Orion against Thor.

It's not always used an excuse for Surfer's victory over Superman. It's a viable tactic with arguable and varying degrees of effectiveness depending on how you look at Surfer's ability to drain versus Superman's resistance, but it's not like Surfer's a one trick pony and draining is the only way he stands a chance at beating Superman.

'Cause it's really not.

abhilegend

I was half-serious there. Cosmic awareness is tossed in every superman/surfer thread as the reason surfer beats superman 9/10 with kryptonite. Doesn't matter what you see or can't see, in a CIS free match superman has every feat at his disposal so he erases team marvel from existence in a fraction of nanosecond.

CosmicComet
So we agree Orion dolos right

JakeTheBank
I was half-serious there. Cosmic awareness is tossed in every superman/surfer thread as the reason surfer beats superman 9/10 with kryptonite. Doesn't matter what you see or can't see, in a CIS free match superman has every feat at his disposal so he erases team marvel from existence in a fraction of nanosecond.

So, you're half serious that you really believe that Superman erases the opposing team from existence in a fraction of a nanosecond?

...okay.

No one is mentioning Cosmic Awareness here. Seriously. Stoic mentioned energy draining and if anything, he's the only guy here thinking of ways Surfer could win and he's outnumbered here by the majority of people who think DC wins this anyway. So I'm not seeing the issue or why you seem annoyed.

Anyway, back to singing out of existence, would you seriously argue that tactic in a tournament setting?

Not that it really matters per this thread as CIS/PIS off doesn't translate into make-the-characters-fight-like-you-want mode as the mods have said repeatedly in various threads.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
So we agree Orion dolos right

He yolos, too.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
MM mindrapes and orion cleans house.

This does not mean that any or all of the guys on Marvel's side could not resist long enough to take their turn to strike out, and this may break J'onns ability to concentrate long enough to ever get the chance to attempt a TP assault for the duration of the fight. I can see what you mean, but it goes two ways here.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Energy draining isn't nearly as effective against Superman as most people think. In fact, he has his own draining abilities. He leeched/drained/absorbed energy from the Mageddon Anti-Sun that, really, was about to devastate the entire universe to the point that the Angels Of Heaven were preparing to build a new one.

Superman has flat out resisted energy draining before. And other times it's proven to be not all that effective, as he replenishes his power quite quickly.

Ruin had used solar energy drain, Kryptonite radiation, AND had taken the solar radiation he drained from Superman, converted it into red solar radiation, and blasted Superman with it. Still failed to put Superman down.

This does not mean that the Silver Surfer would fail in draining him, trapping him in his board, or with CIS off slicing him in half with his board. The idea that either team wrecks the other is possible on both sides of the fence. None of these guys are slouches. J'onn may be the weakest on the field however, it is most certainly not the Dust..

Originally posted by -Pr-
He'd have to turn off the sun, and any speed difference is negligible tbh.

Or alter his dna. The idea that Superman has been capable of being drained by less than Norrin makes this case suspect at the very least.

Prep-Man
yeah. what are some feats of a herald resisting a mm class telepath?

abhilegend
So, you're half serious that you really believe that Superman erases the opposing team from existence in a fraction of a nanosecond?

...okay.

No one is mentioning Cosmic Awareness here. Seriously. Stoic mentioned energy draining and if anything, he's the only guy here thinking of ways Surfer could win and he's outnumbered here by the majority of people who think DC wins this anyway. So I'm not seeing the issue or why you seem annoyed.

Anyway, back to singing out of existence, would you seriously argue that tactic in a tournament setting?

Not that it really matters per this thread as CIS/PIS off doesn't translate into make-the-characters-fight-like-you-want mode as the mods have said repeatedly in various threads.
Yeah I was. Quite a shocker, huh? Its early morning here when my niece woke me up and I miss my morning tea. In a tourney oneshot attacks are banned, so no. And yet these threads devolve into just that.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
yeah. what are some feats of a herald resisting a mm class telepath?

Is MM's TP in terms of compelling it'e victim greater than Mephisto's compulsion abilities?

JakeTheBank
Yeah I was. Quite a shocker, huh? Its early morning here when my niece woke me up and I miss my morning tea. In a tourney oneshot attacks are banned, so no. And yet these threads devolve into just that.

Lol okay.

Just seems odd you're getting annoyed in a thread where like, the majority actually thinks Superman and company win this and one or two people don't. No offense intended, but at times, it's almost like you actively look for people lowballing Superman or underestimating him in your opinion so you can get angry about it.

So, if they're weren't banned, you'd argue Superman singing people out of existence as a valid tactic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.