Jack ketchums: The girl next door

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Has anyone seen the above movie if so what are your thoughts on it? Also the end bit when David lies beside Megan what does she say to him the whole time regarding the dream bit and others etc I couldn't make out that entire convo Btwn them in that particular scene ..

Also did Megan die in the above final scene mentioned or did David end up marrying her etc coz in the beginning he mentions he has a second wife who knew the meaning of pain and got caught Btwn two cats is he referring to Megan? etc..

I reckon it's one of the sadest movies I've ever seen quite heart breaking and disturbing , anyone know of any movies similar to it etc?

steverules_2
I've been trying to remember this movie! And yeah she dies in the end. I can't watch it again though, not cause I think it's bad but the way they tortured a young beautiful girl like that was just...wow. I think I was fairly young at the time when I watched it so now I'd maybe be able to watch it but I'm not sure I could, it's a sad film indeed and I was rooting for David to save her. It's loosely based off a real event that happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

the ninjak
I would've killed the lot of em....or at least called the f'n cops!

A sad, sad movie. Well acted though, and an important lesson.

ozz81
Originally posted by steverules_2
I've been trying to remember this movie! And yeah she dies in the end. I can't watch it again though, not cause I think it's bad but the way they tortured a young beautiful girl like that was just...wow. I think I was fairly young at the time when I watched it so now I'd maybe be able to watch it but I'm not sure I could, it's a sad film indeed and I was rooting for David to save her. It's loosely based off a real event that happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

Thanks heaps for that link really helps checked it out,wow never knew it was based of that sarah likens etc .. yeah quite disturbing... The sad thing is with regards to the movie i thought that megan was gonna live etc and when david says that he had 2 wives in the begining etc i was assuming that he meant megan was the first, and then eventually she dies etc .. but as you mentioned she actually passes away in that scene when she lies with him etc ..

ozz81
Originally posted by the ninjak
I would've killed the lot of em....or at least called the f'n cops!

A sad, sad movie. Well acted though, and an important lesson.

Cool thanks for your opinions, yeah when you said you learned a lesson from it etc what did you learn from it?? plese elaborate if you like.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by steverules_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens Jesus Christ. That is horrific.

steverules_2
The movie 'An American Crime' is actually based on the Sylvia Likens story, it starred Ellen Page as Sylvia and Catherine Keener as her sister Jenny. That came out in 2007 as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.