Gladiator vs Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
3- Durability (using force fields this time)
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

7- Who win the fight: Gladiator vs Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill - With their normal personality.

zopzop
IMHO

1) Gladiator (planet busting punches using nothing but his fists, lifting the Baxter Building, pushing that HUGE a$$ Shi'ar weapon station, etc..)

2) BRB (Gladiator really went down a notch durability wise when I saw Wolverine puncture him with is claws).

3) Silver Surfer

4) Draw (they all have FTL travel speeds)

5) Gladiator (speedblitzes vs Masterson Thor and Wonderman, moving and interacting with the FF/Thor when they were using Reed's hyperspeed device)

6) Bill BY FAR (Stormbreaker = Mjolnir)

7) 50/50 between Surfer and Bill

h1a8
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

7- Who win the fight: Gladiator vs Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill - With their normal personality.

1. gladiator
2. IDK, maybe Surfer at his best?
3. surfer
4. surfer
5. surfer, though glads not far behind
6. Surfer's black hole blasts and planetary destroying blasts

7. With normal personality I would say Surfer wins.

pym-ftw
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

Kallark
Bill
Bill
Norrin
Norrin
Bill
Bill

Reacting2
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Kallark
Bill
Bill
Norrin
Norrin
Bill
Bill how is Bill Organic/Inorganic skin more durable than Silver Surfer Cosmic Metal skin? wolverine claws cant cut him, while they can cut Thor skin

Sr J-Bieb
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

Glads
Surfer
Bill
Surfer
Toss up. Give it to Glads possibly
Bill

Surfer

Naija boy
1. glads
2. Surfer
3. Surfer
4. Surfer
5. Surfer/Glads
6. Surfer

Winner of a fight would be Surfer.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Reacting2
how is Bill Organic/Inorganic skin more durable than Silver Surfer Cosmic Metal skin? wolverine claws cant cut him, while they can cut Thor skin
I meant pure defence, the hammer can absorb a lot of different kinds of offence.

Slaanesh
Glad for strength..Surfer for the rest..

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
IMHO

1) Gladiator (planet busting punches using nothing but his fists, lifting the Baxter Building, pushing that HUGE a$$ Shi'ar weapon station, etc..)

2) Gladiator

3) Silver Surfer

4) Draw (they all have FTL travel speeds)

5) Gladiator (speedblitzes vs Masterson Thor and Wonderman, moving and interacting with the FF/Thor when they were using Reed's hyperspeed device)

6) Bill BY FAR (Stormbreaker = Mjolnir)

7) 50/50 between Surfer and Bill

This with minor changes.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
1. glads
2. Surfer
3. Surfer
4. Surfer
5. Surfer/Glads
6. Surfer

This is exactly what I said.
We finally agree on something. smile

Originally posted by Slaanesh
Glad for strength..Surfer for the rest..

Smart man.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Naija boy
1. glads
2. Surfer
3. Surfer
4. Surfer
5. Surfer/Glads
6. Surfer

This

Glorificus
1- Strength - Gladiator with his planet-destroying punches
2- Durability - Bill
3- Durability (using force fields this time) = Surfer
4- Speed - Close between Surfer and Glads, with Surfer maybe just edging him out
5- Reflexes - Again, close between Surfer and Gladiator, but I'd give a slight edge to Surfer
6- Energy projection - Surfer

7. Who'd win - most likely Surfer if they're going all out bloodlusted with no CIS.

Galan007
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

7- Who win the fight: Gladiator vs Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill - With their normal personality. Bill
Bill
Bill
Surfer
Surfer
Bill
Surfer, narrowly.

Colossus-Big C
WTF? Glads Can Casually Bust Planets And Destroy Stars With His Strength

dont base this on one fight he had with thor.

eaebiakuya
What is the best durability feat of then ?

I remember Gladiator tanked a half solar system buster, but everyone here put Surfer or Bill in the top.

Galan007
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
WTF? Glads Can Casually Bust Planets And Destroy Stars With His Strength Yeah, I know. But Bill has busted planets/cracked planets in half with a couple strikes from Stormbreaker. He's also cracked Galactus' armor with a single strike (something I definitely don't see a punch from Gladiator doing.)

As far as lifting feats go, Bill and Thor held up Asgard. The entire phucking thing. Even if you cut that in half, Bill still held up half of Asgard by himself. Pretty uber, imo.

Dampyre
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

Gladiator
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Gladiator
Surfer

Surfer would beat either Bill or Gladiator more often than not.

leonidas
Rank then in :

1- Strengh
2- Durability
4- Speed
5- Reflexes
6- Energy projection

1. bill/glads
2. ss but bill is close imo
3. ss but bill is the most invulnerable to energy projection which is imporatnt here
4. ss
5. ss/glads
6. ss

i might give ss 6/10. bill gets the other 4. his hammer is just a great tool to go against ss with. if glads and bill were smart they would work together to take out ss. then bill could take out glads in what would be a good fight.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, I know. But Bill has busted planets/cracked planets in half with a couple strikes from Stormbreaker. He's also cracked Galactus' armor with a single strike (something I definitely don't see a punch from Gladiator doing.)

As far as lifting feats go, Bill and Thor held up Asgard. The entire phucking thing. Even if you cut that in half, Bill still held up half of Asgard by himself. Pretty uber, imo.

They didn't hold up Asgard. Look at the ft more closely.

Harbinger
Originally posted by carver9
They didn't hold up Asgard. Look at the ft more closely. It'd help if you posted scans of the feat.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
They didn't hold up Asgard. Look at the ft more closely.
Originally posted by Harbinger
It'd help if you posted scans of the feat.
Again, I'm siding with Carver here. This feat is suspect :
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSuperskrull18.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSuperskrull19.jpg

Damborgson
I think the feat is pretty clear. They brought it down and caught it with physical strength. Then used the hammers to put it back in it's place.

To be honest it just seems like nitpicking to be all "Omg look their hammers are glowing! they didn't lift it!"

Harbinger
lol, I'm f*cking with carver more than anything (hence the italics around "post scans"wink laughing out loud

PillarofOsiris
IMO the intent of that incident was to show the two of them lifting Asgard. It doesn't seem like they could have held it up for long though.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think the feat is pretty clear. They brought it down and caught it with physical strength. Then used the hammers to put it back in it's place. That's exactly what happened. I don't know how it can possibly be interpreted differently, tbh.

h1a8
Bill
Bill
Bill
Surfer
Surfer
Bill
Surfer, narrowly.

What makes you think Bill is stronger than Glads?

I don't see how Bill is more durable than the Surfer. What makes you think so?

Bill doesn't use shields, unless you are talking about blocking or absorbing stuff with Mjolnir. If that is the case then I agree.

Lastly you know that Surfer has destroyed planets with blasts and have black hole blasts right? These are greater than any blasts that Bill has shown in his career.

Galan007
Originally posted by h1a8
What makes you think Bill is stronger than Glads?

I don't see how Bill is more durable than the Surfer. What makes you think so?

Bill doesn't use shields, unless you are talking about blocking or absorbing stuff with Mjolnir. If that is the case then I agree.

Lastly you know that Surfer has destroyed planets with blasts and have black hole blasts right? These are greater than any blasts that Bill has shown in his career. Stated why on the last page.

Tanked black holes. Tanked planetary explosions. Tanked a nova. Tanked a blast from Galactus (a blast which destroyed the planet he was near.) Surfer may very well be higher here. Don't care.

OP said shielding could be used. That's why I ranked Bill higher.

Manifesting black holes isn't really energy projection, per se. It's more of a time/space manipulation feat. Either way, I mainly based my opinion here on the fact that Stormbreaker=Mjolnir in every possible way.

h1a8
Stated why on the last page.

Tanked black holes. Tanked planetary explosions. Tanked a nova. Tanked a blast from Galactus (a blast which destroyed the planet he was near.) Surfer may very well be higher here. Don't care.

OP said shielding could be used. That's why I ranked Bill higher.

Manifesting black holes isn't really energy projection, per se. It's more of a time/space manipulation feat. Either way, I mainly based my opinion here on the fact that Stormbreaker=Mjolnir in every possible way.

You referring to the Asgard feat? If that is the case then Glads is still stronger than Bill by feats.

Bill never tanked a black hole. He was being pulled but never entered the event horizon. Surfer tanked Galactus level blasts several times before.

I asked what were you referring to about Bill's shielding? I said he doesn't have shielding unless you are talking about him blocking things with SB. Is that what you mean by shielding?

If black hole blasts doesn't count then what about Surfer destroying planets with mere blast? Does Bill have any energy projection feats that compare?

Lastly, I disagree with using SB to count's as someone's feats of strength. The OP wanted to know who is naturally stronger. Give Glads SB and he can achieve the same feats of strength as Bill (destroying planets, lifting Asgard (he can without SB though), etc.)

Also Bill destroy planets and cracked Galactus by flying into them. This is not a strength feat but a hammer durability feat.

Galan007
You referring to the Asgard feat? If that is the case then Glads is still stronger than Bill by feats.

Bill never tanked a black hole. He was being pulled but never entered the event horizon. Surfer tanked Galactus level blasts several times before.

I asked what were you referring to about Bill's shielding? I said he doesn't have shielding unless you are talking about him blocking things with SB. Is that what you mean by shielding?

If black hole blasts doesn't count then what about Surfer destroying planets with mere blast? Does Bill have any energy projection feats that compare?

Lastly, I disagree with using SB to count's as someone's feats of strength. The OP wanted to know who is naturally stronger. Give Glads SB and he can achieve the same feats of strength as Bill (destroying planets, lifting Asgard (he can without SB though), etc.)

Also Bill destroy planets and cracked Galactus by flying into them. This is not a strength feat but a hammer durability feat. Not just the Asgard feat. I also included punching/striking feats as well.

He HAS tanked black holes.

OP says that shielding can be used in the second durability scenario--and yes, Bill does have shields.

Again, I was just going by the fact that Stormbreaker=Mjolnir. But no, Bill doesn't have any feats in which he's used Stormbreaker to destroy worlds. He's just used it to own Heralds.

Bill busted planets and cracked Galactus' armor by HITTING them. If you disgaree, I suggest you have another look at those feats. I just did. I'd also like to remind you that Bill did much, much better against WM Thor than Surfer did, for what's it's worth. smile

the Darkone
Not just the Asgard feat. I also included punching/striking feats as well.

OP says that shielding can be used in the second durability scenario--and yes, Bill does have shields.

Again, I was just going by the fact that Stormbreaker=Mjolnir. But no, Bill doesn't have any feats in which he's used Stormbreaker to destroy worlds. He's just used it to own Heralds.

Bill busted planets and cracked Galactus' armor by HITTING them. If you disgaree, I suggest you have another look at those feats. I just did. I'd also like to remind you that Bill did much, much better against WM Thor than Surfer did, for what's it's worth. smile
thumb up

It was B&T Thor, not warrior madness Thor, but he did held his own against B&T Thor, that beat the living sh** out SS that stop holding back against Thor. BRB is superior than Gladiator, and BRB=Thor(holding back)!

Galan007
Originally posted by the Darkone
thumb up

It was B&T Thor, not warrior madness Thor, but he did held his own against B&T Thor, that beat the living sh** out SS that stop holding back against Thor. BRB is superior than Gladiator, and BRB=Thor(holding back)! Yeah, it was B&T Thor, my mistake. Either way, he was hugely powerful--he literally 2-shotted Surfer, iirc. Then Bill popped in (this time without the moral constraints that withheld him from unleashing on Thor beforehand) and beat the crap out of Thor. Hugely impressive, imo.

h1a8
Not just the Asgard feat. I also included punching/striking feats as well.

The striking feats you named with SB cannot be used as strength feats, especially the ones where he has flown into a planet and busted it. A damn human can even do that (but won't survive). Gladiator is clearly stronger than Bill and will do the same if he too had a hammer like SB.

I seen and read the scene where Bill went up against the black hole. He didn't enter the event horizon. In the event horizon light can not escape. Outside the event light can escape. In physics we learn that outside the event horizon you are perfectly safe, it is being inside that destroys you.

Bill blocking a blast head on with SB is not shielding (as what the OP meant) unless the hammer is his shield. I see you were looking at the spherical energy around Bill when Stardust was blasting him. But again Bill was blocking the blast head on. That means if the blast was one foot higher then it would have hit Bill.

IMO, feats cannot be shared. That means Thor's feats only belong to Thor and Bill's feats only belong to Bill.

I never said or implied that Bill didn't hit Galactus or the planet. How else would he have done the damage lol? The problem is that you are using it as a pure strength feat. I agree that if the OP had striking as an item then Bill would win. But clearly he meant who is physically stronger. You must provide feats where Bill uses his hands only against the object.

JakeTheBank
Bill busted planets and cracked Galactus' armor by HITTING them.

Really, Galan?

C'mon, that shit pales to Gladiator punching apart a dead space rock with his bare hands.

h1a8
Yeah, it was B&T Thor, my mistake. Either way, he was hugely powerful--he literally 2-shotted Surfer, iirc. Then Bill popped in (this time without the moral constraints that withheld him from unleashing on Thor beforehand) and beat the crap out of Thor. Hugely impressive, imo. In comics blunt force>>>>>>>>energy blasts for the most part. Thor, Bill, Glads, etc. can hit harder than they can blast (with the exception of the Godblast). Although Surfer fought stupid as hell it is no indication of his power. Hell he almost one shotted BT Thor with the board from behind trick. This is greater than anything Bill did to Thor. Also it's worth mention that Surfer one shotted Bill with a punch (or two shotted if you count the board from behind hit).

Galan007
I seen and read the scene where Bill went up against the black hole.

Bill blocking a blast head on with SB is not shielding (as what the OP meant) unless the hammer is his shield. I see you were looking at the spherical energy around Bill when Stardust was blasting him. But again Bill was blocking the blast head on. That means if the blast was one foot higher then it would have hit Bill.

I agree that if the OP had striking as an item then Bill would win. But clearly he meant who is physically stronger. Bill's gone up against black holes on a few occasions. No sweat.

Bill has manifested fully encapsulating shields on a few occasions. I suggest you read up on his capabilities a bit.

Then the thread starter clearly should have stated such. You want lifting feats? Bill has held up half of Asgard. Has Gladiator ever held anything quite that size? Lifting the Baxter Building isn't even comparable, btw. Furthermore, my original post was in response to OTHERS who had already credited Glads as stronger than the others, due to his 'planet busting feat'--a feat accomplished via striking. Bill has also busted planets with far less effort, via striking. He's also cracked Galactus's armor, and owned multiple heralds, via striking. BRB has always been depicted as Thor's equal--and in some cases, his superior.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Really, Galan?

C'mon, that shit pales to Gladiator punching apart a dead space rock with his bare hands. Hez teh strongust won dare iz!!11!!!

eaebiakuya
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_shield13.jpg

Bill's gone up against black holes on a few occasions. No sweat.

When was that, i really dont remember. I know he was close to a Black Hole in the fight against Stardust, but im not sure if he was inside the hole.

I think this Ship should have the same saze, if not more:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/rcqauw.jpg

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg117/scaled.php?server=117&filename=shiplr6.jpg&res=landing

I only remember him busting a planet in the fight with Stardust. He destroyed any other planet ?

h1a8
Bill's gone up against black holes on a few occasions. No sweat.

Bill has manifested fully encapsulating shields on a few occasions. I suggest you read up on his capabilities a bit.

Then the thread starter clearly should have stated such. You want lifting feats? Bill has held up half of Asgard. Has Gladiator ever held anything quite that size? Lifting the Baxter Building isn't even comparable, btw. Furthermore, my original post was in response to OTHERS who had already credited Glads as stronger than the others, due to his 'planet busting feat'--a feat accomplished via striking. Bill has also busted planets with far less effort, via striking. He's also cracked Galactus's armor, and owned multiple heralds, via striking. BRB has always been depicted as Thor's equal--and in some cases, his superior.

Hez teh strongust won dare iz!!11!!!

I know the feats you are referring to and NO Bill has never entered a black hole. Yes he has fought against the pull from the outside though. But this isn't the same.

I disagree that they were encapsulating shields. I just think that's how Stormbreaker was purposely deflecting the blasts. Otherwise why block the blast head on? Nevermind E posted a scan of Bill using a shield. I concede here as this shielding is not important to me.

Busting a planet into pieces with a few punches>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lifting half of Asgard with hammer help.

LOL you are stubborn. Getting like Quanchi eh? I made a point that feats with the hammer aren't feats without the hammer. The hammer provides many times more force than Bill can provide with his bare hands. How does Bill's striking feats with Stormbreaker prove he is stronger than Glads WITHOUT STORMBREAKER? That makes no sense. If I use a tool that amps my striking multiple times over then how does that show I'm physically stronger than someone who is actually stronger than me?

Galan007
I think this Ship should have the same saze, if not more: Since there's no gravity in space, it's kind of hard to gauge that feat. Clearly, though, it was pretty uber.

Busting a planet into pieces with a few punches>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lifting half of Asgard with hammer help. Heh, you just contradicted your entire argument that 'striking power=/=strength'. Done chatting with you now. Been fun. smile

PillarofOsiris
1- Strengh: Gladiator, Bill, Surfer
2- Durability: Gladiator, Bill, Surfer
3- Durability (using force fields this time): Bill, Surfer, Gladiator
4- Speed: Surfer, Gladiator, Bill
5- Reflexes: Gladiator, Surfer.........Bill
6- Energy projection: Surfer, Bill, Gladiator

7- Who win the fight: Gladiator vs Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill: Surfer, Gladiator, Bill

TheGodKiller
Since there's no gravity in space, it's kind of hard to gauge that feat. Clearly, though, it was pretty uber.

Heh, you just contradicted your entire argument that 'striking power=/=strength'. Done chatting with you now. Been fun. smile

You should check out his recent "galaxies are made of fluff" theory to lowball Odin's galaxy-busting power output , and then make a similar "WBH's multi-planets busting was ASTRNOMICALLY greater than regular planet-busting" claim all in the same post .

h1a8
Since there's no gravity in space, it's kind of hard to gauge that feat. Clearly, though, it was pretty uber.

Heh, you just contradicted your entire argument that 'striking power=/=strength'. Done chatting with you now. Been fun. smile

Huh?

You are funny. You know what I meant silly. I'll make it clear. Striking feats with tools that amp the force of your blows =/= strength feats to prove you are stronger.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You should check out his recent "galaxies are made of fluff" theory to lowball Odin's galaxy-busting power output , and then make a similar "WBH's multi-planets busting was ASTRNOMICALLY greater than regular planet-busting" claim all in the same post .

Is the material of galaxies more durable than say adamantium? Are hot gasses more durable than adamantium? How many blasts did it take Odin and Seth (or Infinity) to lay waste to a galaxy? How long did they fight? Do you use a character's highest feat as a representation of what they will do in a forum fight (either answer is fine)?

You don't understand WBH's feat. The force felt outside a collision is astronomically weaker than the force of the collision itself. The force that disintegrated all those beings and destroyed the planet was astronomically weaker than the force of the collision itself. Also, The planet being destroyed wasn't the feat at all. It was all the peers of Savage Hulk being disintegrated without even coming in contact with them.

But if you read my last posts you would know that I conceded an accepted that Odin can beat WBH if he's on his A game. Lastly, we don't know to what level the PG will amp WBH. The PG has amped beings more than a hundred times over before. Imagine WBH being 100x, 1000x, or even a million times more powerful.

eaebiakuya
From what i remember, Silver Surfer was the only one of those three who was inside a Black Hole:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GalactusTheDevourer2-15.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9323/galactusthedevourer217yj3.jpg

Bouboumaster
Whatever, man.

Last time they fought, Surfer beat Beta Ray Bill soundly, and Gladiator don't want to mess with him.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You should check out his recent "galaxies are made of fluff" theory to lowball Odin's galaxy-busting power output , and then make a similar "WBH's multi-planets busting was ASTRNOMICALLY greater than regular planet-busting" claim all in the same post . laughing out loud

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Whatever, man.

Last time they fought, Surfer beat Beta Ray Bill soundly There were some cheap circumstances behind that, but yeah. Pretty sure everyone so far has given Surfer the nod in the 'all out battle/CIS on' category.

Dampyre
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Whatever, man.

Last time they fought, Surfer beat Beta Ray Bill soundly, and Gladiator don't want to mess with him.

This pretty much sums it up.

the Darkone
BRB has always been depicted as Thor's equal--and in some cases, his superior.

I wouldn't say that, I would say that BRB is more aggressive than Thor on a regular basis! Thor is BRB superior he is more versatile than BRB wink

Galan007
I wouldn't say that, I would say that BRB is more aggressive than Thor on a regular basis! Thor is BRB superior he is more versatile than BRB wink Bill's first h2h/hammerless fight against Thor, and his battle with Thor during B&T, are what I had in mind when I said: "and in some cases, his superior." There are other things Bill has done that Thor hasn't (and vice versa), but more times than not they've definitely been portrayed as equals.

DarkSaint85
I made a point that feats with the hammer aren't feats without the hammer. The hammer provides many times more force than Bill can provide with his bare hands. How does Bill's striking feats with Stormbreaker prove he is stronger than Glads WITHOUT STORMBREAKER? That makes no sense. If I use a tool that amps my striking multiple times over then how does that show I'm physically stronger than someone who is actually stronger than me?

So this is BRB before he got Stormbreaker, in your opinion then?

I'll remember that next time I see a GL thread...I'm going to argue that feats with a ring does not equal feats without a ring. Technically correct, yes, but still retarded.

the Darkone
Bill's first h2h/hammerless fight against Thor, and his battle with Thor during B&T, are what I had in mind when I said: "and in some cases, his superior." There are other things Bill has done that Thor hasn't (and vice versa), but more times than not they've definitely been portrayed as equals.

Oh I agree with that statement, but Thor does have the better potential of power via RKT, I like both you cant go wrong having one of them on your team wink .

BRB taking on a possessed Wrecking and Sasquatch by Tarnqa, and working them was uber in Omega Flight series!!!

Galan007
Oh I agree with that statement, but Thor does have the better potential of power via RKT, I like both you cant go wrong having one of them on your team wink .

BRB taking on a possessed Wrecking and Sasquatch by Tarnqa, and working them was uber in Omega Flight series!!! thumb up

abhilegend
Thor>BRB.

Galan007
All his feats considered, yes. Thor has simply been around a LOT longer, thus he's had a LOT more appearances, over which he has accumulated a LOT more feats. However, any time they appear on panel together, they're almost always portrayed as equals.

carver9
BRB doesnt really have many low showings. Gladiator would work both Surfer and Bill though imo.

abhilegend
All his feats considered, yes. Thor has simply been around a LOT longer, thus he's had a LOT more appearances, over which he has accumulated a LOT more feats. However, any time they appear on panel together, they're almost always portrayed as equals.
Even in relative showings Thor>BRB.Originally posted by carver9
BRB doesnt really have many low showings. Gladiator would work both Surfer and Bill though imo.
Lulz.

JakeTheBank
Basically, I feel that BRB at his best is equal to Thor. And Thor at his best is beyond him. But conventionally, yeah, they're going to look equal to one another.

Oh, and lol @ Carver.

carver9
The truth is funny huh?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, the truth is hilarious. Kallark would get obliterated by either one of them.

carver9
Yeah, the truth is hilarious. Kallark would get obliterated by either one of them.

Yeah right. Kallark is stronger, faster, and more durable than both. His chances of winning is humongous. Learn from me Jake...my arms it out for you.

JakeTheBank
Anything I can learn from you I can also learn by drinking some bleach and chasing it with Drain-o.

carver9
Anything I can learn from you I can also learn by drinking some bleach and chasing it with Drain-o.

laughing out loud

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Even in relative showings Thor>BRB. Standard Thor? Nah.

abhilegend
Standard Thor? Nah.
Yep. Just compare them against surfer.

Galan007
Yep. Just compare them against surfer. Lol, if Thor would have gotten attacked from behind by Surfer's board, it's reasonable to assume that he, too, would have experienced the subsequent beatdown. I could also point out that B&T Thor literally two-shotted Surfer, then Bill showed up and beat the crap out of B&T Thor (ie. in that instance, Bill>Surfer)... But I won't. stick out tongue

Either way, you're missing my point. I said: "any time they appear on panel together (ie. in a team-up), Bill and Thor are almost always portrayed as equals." Same with Tony and Doom--despite Doom's singular feats FAR surpassing Tony's, on panel they have consistently been portrayed as equals in almost every one-on-one battle they've had over the years.

PillarofOsiris
There's no way to make an argument that Beta Ray Bill is equal to Thor. Unless u can show me BRB with feats like Thor with Celestials, Glory, Mephisto, Surtur, Galactus, the SS, other Heralds of Galactus, etc.

JakeTheBank
Except that Galan just did.

-Pr-
It's Captain Marvel syndrome all over again. mmm

abhilegend
Lol, if Thor would have gotten attacked from behind by Surfer's board, it's reasonable to assume that he, too, would have experienced the subsequent beatdown.Really?
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7827691_The_Mighty_Thor_3_008-09.jpg http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9977/0727201108.jpg
Thor then oneshotted both bill and surfer.

And my point is that Thor is superior to bill both in feats and relative showings. Check the superskrull fight in secret invasion where bill was smacked around and thor stomped the superskrull.

Galan007
Really? What are those scans supposed to mean? It's not like Bill was KO'd by the board-strike either--all it did was knock him down. However, that moment gave Surfer the opportunity he needed to get in close to Bill and begin the melee--something he never tried to do to Thor in the instance you posted. However, it's worth mentioning that before the cheap-shot board-strike, Surfer couldn't do shit to Bill.

Nice try, though. wink

Thor then oneshotted both bill and surfer. B&T Thor>>standard Thor. B&T Thor two-shots Surfer. Bill then beats the shit out of B&T Thor--only stopping out of the compassion he felt for his brother. If Bill wouldn't have ceased the pummeling, Thor would have never been given the chance to regroup/retaliate. That was literally Bill's fight to lose:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12473506_b1.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12473507_b2.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12473508_b3.jpg

Later on during the B&T arc, Bill two-shotted Surfer himself. Want me to post that as well? Listen, I've already given credit where credit is due--don't hate just to hate.

And my point is that Thor is superior to bill both in feats and relative showings. Check the superskrull fight in secret invasion where bill was smacked around and thor stomped the superskrull. Dude, you are either overlooking what I've said, or completely ignoring it. I very clearly said that Thor's feats are superior to Bill's overall--Thor has appeared in thousands of comics, whereas Bill has only appeared in a few hundred. Of course Thor is going to have more/better feats in general. I very clearly said that I was solely referring to them being portrayed as equals almost every time they've appeared on panel together (ie. in a team-up.) In that type of setting, they are typically depicted as equal peers--I'd even go as far as to say that Bill has come out looking better than Thor, more times than Thor has come out looking better than Bill. Again, I was/am exclusively referring to a team-up setting .

carver9
I just don't know what to say right now...f*** it, good post Galan.

abhilegend
What are those scans supposed to mean? It's not like Bill was KO'd by the board-strike either--all it did was knock him down. However, that moment gave Surfer the opportunity he needed to get in close to Bill and begin the melee--something he never tried to do to Thor in the instance you posted. However, it's worth mentioning that before the cheap-shot board-strike, Surfer couldn't do shit to Bill. Those scans were in the response of your claim that if surfer used the board-behind-the-back tactic he would beat thor too. Obviously he didn't, in fact thor wasn't even winded by that attack and it was a weakened, wounded thor. Nice try to save face though.

I do my best.

He wasn't holding back, that's all. He oneshotted him after that. Yeah, starting with a cheapshot. Thor oneshotted bill after that.

Thor oneshotted surfer twiceg. Want me to post them? I give credit where its due too. Why would it be hating to say that Thor>BRB?

That was in the same comic i.e. secret invasion thor tie-in. That's just an excuse galan and you know it.
When thor gets two shotted by surfer while surfer was holding back, call me about them being peers. Untill then Thor>BRB.

JakeTheBank
Just so you guys know and in the interest of fairness, the Thor that was in Secret Invasion would have still had the Odin Force continuity wise.

Galan007
Those scans were in the response of your claim that if surfer used the board-behind-the-back tactic he would beat thor too. Obviously he didn't, in fact thor wasn't even winded by that attack and it was a weakened, wounded thor. Nice try to save face though. No. I said that the board-strike is what allowed Surfer to gain the advantage against Bill--an advantage Surfer clearly did NOT try to press against Thor in the scans you posted. Therefore, the scenes are not comparable to one another, nor do they relate to what I was saying, in any way/shape/form.

Are you ignoring my posts on purpose?

He wasn't holding back, that's all. He oneshotted him after that. Yeah, starting with a cheapshot. Thor oneshotted bill after that. Doesn't change the fact that B&T Thor is still superior to Thor as he's normally portrayed. Furthermore, during that particular fight, Bill>B&T Thor>>Surfer. You can't get around it, because it's clear as day on panel. The only reason Bill 'lost' that fight, is because he stopped beating the shit out of Thor out of sheer love/respect for him. It was his own mistake. I don't know why you're trying to twist it any other way. Bill had the CLEAR advantage in a one-on-one battle until he purposefully stopped said melee.

Additionally, I appreciate you at least acknowledging the fact that Surfer needed a cheap-shot to get the upper hand on Bill... Because it's true thumb up

That's just an excuse galan and you know it. No, it's fact, actually. Thor has appeared in thousands of comics. Bill has appeared in a few hundred. Thor made his first appearance in 1962. Bill made his first appearance in 1983.

Thousands more appearances+21 years longer in which to accumulate feats? Yeah, Thor should have better feats in general. Thing with Bill is that he has very few low feats.

Thor oneshotted surfer twice. Okay?

Like I said above: during that particular fight, Bill>B&T Thor>>Surfer. You can't get around it, because it's clear as day on panel. The only reason Bill 'lost' that fight, is because he stopped beating the shit out of Thor out of sheer love/respect for him. It was his own mistake. I don't know why you're trying to twist it any other way. Bill had the CLEAR advantage in a one-on-one battle until he purposefully stopped said melee.

When thor gets two shotted by surfer while surfer was holding back, call me about them being peers. Untill then Thor>BRB. Ignoring several of Bill's showings in favor of one, eh? Nice.

Again: Thor's overall feats>Bill's for reasons mentioned above--not denying that. However, in a team-up scenario/setting/environment, Bill and Thor are almost ALWAYS portrayed equally across the board. That is all I am/was/have been saying.

Just so you guys know and in the interest of fairness, the Thor that was in Secret Invasion would have still had the Odin Force continuity wise. Good point, though I'm sure it won't matter somehow.

carver9
Wait a minute, didn't Surfer hit Bill in the back on the head with his board vs Thor being hit in the back.

h1a8
As far as the Bill and BT Thor fight. Bill cheapshotted Thor from behind and landed some nasty blows afterward. In another scene, Thor swung and missed Bill. Bill then countered with some nasty blows to take Thor down temporarily.

IMO, this doesn't mean Bill>>>>>>Thor in terms of power. Surely Thor would have done the same to him if he would have gotten the first good blow in. Thor's madness made him sloppy, causing him to miss and open himself up for a vicious combo.

Also, Surfer wasn't two shotted. He was stunned but still conscious and on his knees and hands.

Each fight in comics have circumstances. That is one of the reasons ABC logic doesn't work the majority of the time.

Lastly, Thor and Bill are great against ranged attackers (like Surfer). But their weakness is getting close to them in order to hammer them with blunt force. This is where skill and speed comes into play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.