Full Powered Bill vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is full Powered Beta Ray...the one that aided in saving Galactus life using his final explosive power vs a non holding back Supes.

For this fight, Bill can stay at this mode without being in fear of dying or weakening...its consistently on with no damage to him.

Who wins? Pre Reboot Superman.

PillarofOsiris
Which Superman? Pre Reboot and the new 52?

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Which Superman? Pre Reboot and the new 52?

Edited.

bluewaterrider
Just out of curiosity:

Galactus eats entire planets.

Countless billions of lives.

Why exactly would any hero try to save HIS life?

It'd be like trying to save the life of the Anti-Monitor, just on smaller scale.

Unless Galactus performs some positive function that I remain unaware of ...?

PillarofOsiris
There are a few reasons I guess. One is he keeps the Celestial population down, which would destroy the universe.

ilikecomics
troll ?

ilikecomics
isn't the celestial population thing only in earth x ?

PillarofOsiris
I've seen it mentioned in 616. They have Celestial "eggs" there. I know it's been stated too many celestials in a universe will destroy it.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I've seen it mentioned in 616. They have Celestial "eggs" there. I know it's been stated too many celestials in a universe will destroy it.

1. Apart from Earth-X , Celestials' birth in that particular fashion has only been referenced in Hickman's SHIELD . And even in that arc , Galactus' relation with them wasn't specified .
2. Its unknown whether SHIELD is part of the mainstream 616 universe .

JakeTheBank
Galactus is a necessary "evil" in the universe.

Damborgson
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Just out of curiosity:

Galactus eats entire planets.

Countless billions of lives.

Why exactly would any hero try to save HIS life?

It'd be like trying to save the life of the Anti-Monitor, just on smaller scale.

Unless Galactus performs some positive function that I remain unaware of ...?

actually when he saved his life in godhunter, I think there was a mention that Galactus death would wipe out everything in every direction for a couple dozen light years or something like that. I need to re-read it.

Endless Mike
He also keeps Abraxas in check and he's got to be around to start the next universe.

Anyway I think Bill can take this.

TheGodKiller
As an embodiment of Equity , he also maintains balance in the universe , which prevents the LT from razing the entire reality into subatomic particles .

And everyone knows about the Abraxas part .

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Damborgson
actually when he saved his life in godhunter, I think there was a mention that Galactus death would wipe out everything in every direction for a couple dozen light years or something like that. I need to re-read it.

Yeah, I believe you're right in that instance.

I also do think a big purpose is to keep the Celestial population down. I'm looking for the reference, if I find it, I'll post it here.

On topic of the thread, Superman wrecks Bill.

-Pr-
Superman at his best too?

Superman, then.

quanchi112
Bill.

Galan007
After Bill 'decoupled', he did better against the I'Than army that was attacking Galactus, then multiple heralds (ie. Stardust and Surfer) were able to do in an extended battle--yet Bill was only able to sustain his decoupled powerlevel for "minutes" before reaching critical mass. But in this thread he is able to operate at those levels indefinitely? Yeah, I have to side with Bill here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
After Bill 'decoupled', he did better against the I'Than army that was attacking Galactus, then multiple heralds (ie. Stardust and Surfer) were able to do in an extended battle--yet Bill was only able to sustain his decoupled powerlevel for "minutes" before reaching critical mass. But in this thread he is able to operate at those levels indefinitely? Yeah, I have to side with Bill here.

cool thumb up

abhilegend
Superman at his best would be OWAW all out superman when he outperformed entire JLA which included an ion powered kyle rayner. This is not even a fight.

jalek moye
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman at his best would be OWAW all out superman when he outperformed entire JLA which included an ion powered kyle rayner. This is not even a fight.

Wasn't he sunamped during that?

abhilegend
Originally posted by jalek moye
Wasn't he sunamped during that?
Only to move warworld. Before that he was crushing imperiex probes like paper while in all out mode.

SquallX

Actually i would say it's him with the Strange Visitor fusion in OWAW, or when Orion was explaining to him how the New Gods powers really works. As in when the New Gods comes to main Earth, Mother Box shrinks them to human level height, where as when Superman goes to there world, Mother Box makes him take the same form as a New God.

Might have the Mother Box thing a little mixed up since its been a while since i've read that issue.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX
Actually i would say it's him with the Strange Visitor fusion in OWAW, or when Orion was explaining to him how the New Gods powers really works. As in when the New Gods comes to main Earth, Mother Box shrinks them to human level height, where as when Superman goes to there world, Mother Box makes him take the same form as a New God.

Might have the Mother Box thing a little mixed up since its been a while since i've read that issue.
No outside amps.

SquallX
No outside amps.

oops, didn't see that. embarrasment

Then ill go with sun amp Superman

-Pr-
It wouldn't be Wednesday without another carver bait thread. mmm

Galan007
No outside amps. Wouldn't sundipping be an outside amp, though?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Wouldn't sundipping be an outside amp, though?
He wasn't sundipped when he was busting imperiex probes alongside doomsday.

Galan007
Oh, THAT'S the OWAW Supes you were referring to. Got it. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.