Gods vs cosmics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
There seems to be a contradiction in how the people on this site view the difference between sky fathers and celestials, and sky fathers and galactus.
Many here claim sky fathers are ants to celestials, but that Odin is close to galactus. BUT celestials and galactus are equals. So this team:

Rune King Thor
Zeus
Gaea
Bor
Loki

Vs

Fight 1 galactus ate 1 planet

Fight 2 arishem

Jynocidus
1. Galactus

2. Arishem

there's a logical reason why these beings are categorized in a certain way.

Galactus represents balance. All of the beings on the opposing team are "balanced," and none of them can tip balance in their favor without a quantified plot device giving them the capability to do so.

Arishem represents most likely a higher side of one side of said balance, which is why Celestials and certain abstract beings seem equal.

The truth? Celestial / Hellish beings have an effect on the lives / existence of all lower beings the same way as abstracts do, which is why "gods" are portrayed weaker than these angelic or infernal superiors.

Gods like Thor, Zeus, Odin, etc...they're still susceptible to Good and Evil, which are both sides of that Balance that Galactus represents. I could go more into detail but I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.

byrdgang21
Since when is Loki a Skyfather? If you replace him Hulk then team wins.

keiththegreat
Gods vs cosmics, not skyfathers vs cosmics.

Harbinger
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Since when is Loki a Skyfather? If you replace him Hulk then team wins. WTF is Hulk going to do to Big G or Arishem?

keiththegreat
Lots of people seem to think Odin can give Galactus a fight. Well, Rune King Thor > > Odin. Add in Zeus, and the others, and you would think these guys could at least give Galactus a battle.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Harbinger
WTF is Hulk going to do to Big G or Arishem?

Thunderclap!!!!! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Jynocidus
skyfathers are still "gods"

but celestials / hell lords still have GREAT influence over their existence.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Jynocidus
skyfathers are still "gods"

but celestials / hell lords still have GREAT influence over their existence. Timaut was scared of the elder gods

Jynocidus
i wouldn't say all that...

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Timaut was scared of the elder gods

Where/when did this happen?

Jynocidus
he's talking about in the F4 comic when Tiamat knew destruction was coming that people on earth never witnessed before. i wouldn't necessarily say he was scared for himself, because he was sleeping

Nietzschean
Odin ko'ed himself by giving Galactus a headbutt. Guys like Odin can give Galactus momentary pause at best with a hail mary attack but he nor his fellow skyfathers are equal to Galactus alone.

The problem with Galactus is his power level and hunger which is often used as a plot device so characters can hang with him.

Just want to remind you all that Galactus recovered from Odin's headbutt in the following panels while Odin fell into the Odin Sleep for using all his power on one single attack.

Stoic
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Lots of people seem to think Odin can give Galactus a fight. Well, Rune King Thor > > Odin. Add in Zeus, and the others, and you would think these guys could at least give Galactus a battle.

On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. Going by that, I think that the team would wreck Galactus after several minutes, if that.

Arishem is another story. It's pretty rare to see him square off, so who knows if some exotically powered character could take him while another opponent classified as being more powerful could not. Comics at times can be very inconsistent, so if a comic came out that had several very powerful pantheon members defeat a Celestial of Arishem's written stats, I wouldn't be surprised.

1. Team.
2. They may win.

Utrigita
The Galactus that was portrayed recently against Scrier and the Other, I think wins against the team rather effortless tbh, the Galactus that was shown fighting Odin I'm not so sure about, but I'm inclined to believe that he loses. However I also think that the way Galactus have been portrayed generally within the last years shows a Galactus that could defeat the team (Looking at his general appearances but that is merely my opinion)

Arishem should win.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Stoic
On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. .

But that's the point, Odn was never going to rise before Galactus because he was overmatched.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Utrigita
The Galactus that was portrayed recently against Scrier and the Other, I think wins against the team rather effortless tbh, the Galactus that was shown fighting Odin I'm not so sure about, but I'm inclined to believe that he loses. However I also think that the way Galactus have been portrayed generally within the last years shows a Galactus that could defeat the team (Looking at his general appearances but that is merely my opinion)

Arishem should win.

The Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials would wreck Odin, Destroyer Armor and all .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Stoic
On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. Going by that, I think that the team would wreck Galactus after several minutes, if that.

Except that Galactus was living off a previous meal . Now the Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials on the other hand........he'd be a different story .

And LOL at you for thinking that by simply rising first(which wasn't even the case) , Odin would have been the winner . The guy clearly admitted that he lacked the strength to keep up with Galactus , and throughout their encounter , Galactus hadn't even gone up on the physical offensive(like Odin did) .

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials would wreck Odin, Destroyer Armor and all .

Absolutely, I was merely speaking from the last shown appearance that Galactus had which was against Scrier and The Other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.