Hulk - Drain Him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
So here's the challenge. Competitors get 5 minutes to drain WBH till he turns back to Banner. Hulk will charge himself up and be emitting his gamma radiation like during his time in HOTM and try to resist the drain like he would anyone else but will not physically attack them.

contestants are:

Silver Surfer

Thor

Rulk

Darwin

add your own

who can pull it off?

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/comeonthen.png

Jynocidus
Alex Summers

cdtm
Obviously, Parasite.

Harbinger
Firestorm and Captain Atom.

carver9
Damborgson, why do you make threads based off of my comments? By the way, none of them drain him.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Damborgson, why do you make threads based off of my comments? By the way, none of them drain him.

So there's an appropriate thread to argue them? You aren't the only person to claim he can't be drained by the way....

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
So there's an appropriate thread to argue them? You aren't the only person to claim he can't be drained by the way....

I understand that but you make threads based off of things I say all of the time.

Damborgson
I understand that but you make threads based off of things I say all of the time.

Calm down. erm overinflated ego here.

carver9
Calm down. erm overinflated ego here.

Lol...I'm not saying it in that kind of way, its just something I noticed.

JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man.

Sr J-Bieb
You aren't the only person to claim he can't be drained by the way.... Yes he is.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Yes he is.

he's the most extreme. Stoic and sorrow tend to agree with him though.

Sr J-Bieb
he's the most extreme. Stoic and sorrow tend to agree with him though. They are just fragments of Carver. They don't count as their own identity.

Damborgson
They are just fragments of Carver. They don't count as their own identity.

laughing out loud ok i guess he is the only one then

8swords
hmm.. iron man with prep. if he could just make a place that could store massive gamma rays.

the idea comes into mind when IM fought magneto in AVX versus

pym-ftw
Sentry w/ Void

I'd like it if that became one of hazmats abilitys

Endless Mike
Surfer and Thor can.

Of course Solar can.

carver9
No herald can but I wouldn't put it past any skyfather being capable of doing so.

Endless Mike
No herald can but I wouldn't put it past any skyfather being capable of doing so.

This is my reaction to reading your posts:

http://i50.tinypic.com/308dxef.jpg

janus77
Given the stips, none of those listed (not even Surfer) can logically do it.

WBH/WWH draws from an unlimited pool of energy at an unspecified, yet exponentially greater than previous incarnations, rate.

The more they attempt to drain him, the weaker and more worn out they become. 5 minutes is not enough to get it done.

Rulk drained Surfer in moments, he took a similar amount of time to drain Savage Hulk, yet he could not even discernibly weaken/reduce the power output of Green Scar/WWH/WBH when he attempted to drain him.

The only characters that would logically achieve this kind of feat are ones well beyond herald tier as far as energy manipulation and/or absorption goes.

biensalsa
If a satellite can vs WWH I don't see why heralds can't.

I think the usual thinking is Heralds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> satellites

ozz81
Genis vell maybe

carver9
Originally posted by biensalsa

When did a Satellite drain Hulk? I thought it stopped him instead. Where did you get the drainage from?

DarkSaint85
When did a Satellite drain Hulk? I thought it stopped him instead. Where did you get the drainage from?

Didn't the Intelligencia then use that gamma energy to create the Red Hulk?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes carver is stupid.

h1a8
IMO no herald level being or below can drain him.
He can go from Banner to world breaker levels in the blink of an eye.

carver9

Oooookkkkaaaay, what does that have to do with the satellite draining him completely?

DarkSaint85
Oooookkkkaaaay, what does that have to do with the satellite draining him completely?

What was your original question again? stick out tongue

-Pr-
Any high level drainer should be able to, I'd say.

carver9
What was your original question again? stick out tongue

The satellite was used as a weapon, not something that was built to primarily drain Hulk. Even if it was (it wasn't though)...the satellite was prepped by Strange, Tony, and Reed...I put that weapon above any Herald weapon.

DarkSaint85
So what you're saying is, even though it wasn't designed to do so, its so easy to drain Hulk, that a mere side effect is enough? :-p

Hey man, just admit when you're wrong, its no biggie. Recently, in the past few years or so, there have been a number of Hulk books that have come out - he's really starting to get some love from Marvel. Pick them up, you'll see he's quite the powerhouse these days.

DarkSaint85
So here's the challenge. Competitors get 5 minutes to drain WBH till he turns back to Banner. Hulk will charge himself up and be emitting his gamma radiation like during his time in HOTM and try to resist the drain like he would anyone else but will not physically attack them.

contestants are:
XXX

add your own

who can pull it off?

The satellite was used as a weapon, not something that was built to primarily drain Hulk. Even if it was (it wasn't though)...the satellite was prepped by Strange, Tony, and Reed...I put that weapon above any Herald weapon.

Reed, Strange and Tony. Though I didn't recall Strange helping out, but that's me.

carver9

Reed, Strange and Tony. Though I didn't recall Strange helping out, but that's me.

Remind me Monday to give you a scan.

DarkSaint85
Remind me Monday to give you a scan.

Will do. My memory is always sketchy, but that's why I'm here.

h1a8
Originally posted by biensalsa

We don't know the nature of the satellite. Plus comics are inconsistent with low showings. Thus I still disagree that any herald can drain WBH.

dmills
Thor for sure.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by janus77
The only characters that would logically achieve this kind of feat are ones well beyond herald tier as far as energy manipulation and/or absorption goes.
This more or less.

Though I think Thor probably could.

basilisk
Umar

Nihilist
Surfer and Thor do it no problems.

According to Hulk fanboys he cant be drained,mindraped,hurt by punches or blasts laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Anyone with sufficient energy manip feats can

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Surfer and Thor do it no problems.

According to Hulk fanboys he cant be drained,mindraped,hurt by punches or blasts laughing out loud The only way he can be hurt by punches or blasts is if they exceed the force or power of the collision between him and Betty. The only forces I seen in comics that surpass the force of that collision are universe destroying forces, galaxy moving forces, etc. Although Odin together with another destroyed galaxies on two occasions the battles took time where many blasts were shot. So Odin and higher might be able to hurt WBH directly but make no mistake, Odin neither has the ability nor has he ever busted a galaxy with one blast or anywhere close. So the myth of galaxy busting blasts is busted.

Originally posted by dmills
Thor for sure.

Why so say that? What beings who absorbs energy has Thor drained?
Thor can absorb hella non restrained energy but draining beings with resistance (restrained energy) is a different story.

Not only would Thor have to drain at a faster rate than what WBH can get from the dimension he draws from

BUT

Thor has to also play tug of war since WBH is going to be pulling his energy back with a certain force (restrained energy remember).

carver9
I am beginning to like H1.

Sin I AM
Hmm so according to u H1 noone less than sky can harm hotm and/ot drain him simply because Bruce and Betty had an ambiguous shared planet busting feat that any two heralds who got their wish granted accomplish?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmm so according to u H1 noone less than sky can harm hotm and/ot drain him simply because Bruce and Betty had an ambiguous shared planet busting feat that any two heralds who got their wish granted accomplish?

Show a wish being granted to achieve the ft. The only wish that was made during that time was Betty wishing herself to be Hulks equal and Hulk wishing everyone back to life after the explosion. Sin, question...what reason is that you don't like the Hulk? You tend to low ball him any chance you get. Why?

dmills
Originally posted by h1a8
The only way he can be hurt by punches or blasts is if they exceed the force or power of the collision between him and Betty. The only forces I seen in comics that surpass the force of that collision are universe destroying forces, galaxy moving forces, etc. Although Odin together with another destroyed galaxies on two occasions the battles took time where many blasts were shot. So Odin and higher might be able to hurt WBH directly but make no mistake, Odin neither has the ability nor has he ever busted a galaxy with one blast or anywhere close. So the myth of galaxy busting blasts is busted.

Why so say that? What beings who absorbs energy has Thor drained?
Thor can absorb hella non restrained energy but draining beings with resistance (restrained energy) is a different story.

Not only would Thor have to drain at a faster rate than what WBH can get from the dimension he draws from

BUT

Thor has to also play tug of war since WBH is going to be pulling his energy back with a certain force (restrained energy remember).

Now that's a new one. I've never heard of Mjolnir having a non resisting exception/clause in its abilities.

h1a8

Who are we to take the power out of the writer's hands?
If a writer wants to write Hulk, Spider-man, etc. under certain conditions as being as powerful as skyfathers then who are we to say he/she is wrong?

Now I'm not claiming WBH is as powerful as skyfathers but you get my point.
We shouldn't base things off what we feel or what should ALWAYS be the case (for example, most feel that no Hulk should ever surpass a trans level being and enter skyfather level no matter what the writer says or shows).

To prevent us from robbing the writers of their creative power we should base things off feats and not what we should think be the case. Otherwise it is just another religion or cult that fails to see the facts.

Fact 1: Nothing short of the force of the collision can hurt WBH

Fact 2. If a character doesn't have a feat, showing, or any other compelling evidence to show they can produce forces beyond the force that WBH endured in the collision then by default they can't directly hurt WBH (doesn't mean they can't beat him though).

Fact 3: We should base everything off feats as the root of all arguments. Otherwise, we will be subject to bias debating. For example, Thanos is stronger than Aquaman (although they never met) simply because of their feats OR based off the fact that Thanos has displayed equal or greater strength against beings who has consistent greater feats than Aquaman. Feats should ALWAYS be the root of all arguments. This is the utmost truth.

h1a8
Now that's a new one. I've never heard of Mjolnir having a non resisting exception/clause in its abilities. I didn't claim that mjolnir can't drain energy that is being restrained. I'm saying that restrained energy will affect the rate in which Thor can drain. Remember Thor has to drain FASTER than WBH can get back. Thor might win the tug of war contest but certainly at least it will slow the rate of drain down and may allow WBH to gain the energy back from his dimension he draws from.

dmills
So going by feats, prior to their confrontation would you have considered the Hulk to have been stronger than Zeus?

dmills
I didn't claim that mjolnir can't drain energy that is being restrained. I'm saying that restrained energy will affect the rate in which Thor can drain. Remember Thor has to drain FASTER than WBH can get back. Thor might win the tug of war contest but certainly at least it will slow the rate of drain down and may allow WBH to gain the energy back from his dimension he draws from.

Could be. It's certainly worth considering. The problem however is we have no on panel explanation of this presumed dimension and how its works in relationship to Banner.

Now what we do have on panel seems to suggest that while he is in possession of a vast amount of energy, its finite amount nonetheless. I'm speaking not only of the infamous satellite, but also of the machine that contained all of the cosmic and gamma energies that Banner absorbed back into himself which allowed him to turn back into the hulk. I mean there were percentages being stated and everything lol. I can post the scans if you'd like...

h1a8
So going by feats, prior to their confrontation would you have considered the Hulk to have been stronger than Zeus?

Good question. Classic Savage Hulk is one of the most variable beings in comics. Not only is his strength based off random comic fluctuation from writer to writer (as all character's are) but it is also based off his rage. So that is why we should take the average feats of Savage Hulk as a guideline.

We have Zeus casually lifting (not bracing) a mountain, so IMO that is greater than the average Savage Hulk. I don't see average Savage Hulk lifting a mountain unless it's under some extreme circumstances and where the writer just wants it to happen this time.

h1a8
Could be. It's certainly worth considering. The problem however is we have no on panel explanation of this presumed dimension and how its works in relationship to Banner.

Now what we do have on panel seems to suggest that while he is in possession of a vast amount of energy, its finite amount nonetheless. I'm speaking not only of the infamous satellite, but also of the machine that contained all of the cosmic and gamma energies that Banner absorbed back into himself which allowed him to turn back into the hulk. I mean there were percentages being stated and everything lol. I can post the scans if you'd like...

It is explained in bios and on panel that Hulk draws from another dimension. In comics it explains that Hulk draws from a pocket dimension. Also Beyonder even saw and said that Hulk's energy source was infinite.

If Hulk didn't draw from another dimension then there is no explanation of where his energy comes from.

Yes Hulk ALWAYS has a finite amount of energy at all times. But I would love to see those scans. Bad inconsistent writing DOES happen in comics though. That is a fact.

carver9
@h1...

About Hulk lifting mountains...classic secret wars was reintroduced and Savage Hulk lifted the entire thing. The mountain was twice the size of the Appalachians and he lifted it at a calm state.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12259403/Hulk2.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12259420/Hulk8.jpg.html

This ft poot on Zeus mountain lifting ft.

dmills
Good question. Classic Savage Hulk is one of the most variable beings in comics. Not only is his strength based off random comic fluctuation from writer to writer (as all character's are) but it is also based off his rage. So that is why we should take the average feats of Savage Hulk as a guideline.

We have Zeus casually lifting (not bracing) a mountain, so IMO that is greater than the average Savage Hulk. I don't see average Savage Hulk lifting a mountain unless it's under some extreme circumstances and where the writer just wants it to happen this time.

I'm talking about the Hulk as written just before the Zeus confrontation in issue 622 I think it was. Not savage hulk. The Hulk rampaging his way up mount Olympus gets to Zeus. Then Marvel asks you, H1a8 to pick a winner between the two in a purely physical confrontation. Going by your feats stance, who would you have said would have won?

iceman24567
Thor and Surfer

dmills
It is explained in bios and on panel that Hulk draws from another dimension. In comics it explains that Hulk draws from a pocket dimension. Also Beyonder even saw and said that Hulk's energy source was infinite.

If Hulk didn't draw from another dimension then there is no explanation of where his energy comes from.

Yes Hulk ALWAYS has a finite amount of energy at all times. But I would love to see those scans. Bad inconsistent writing DOES happen in comics though. That is a fact.

Issue numbers or scans for the pocket dimensional energies?

Stoic
I think the question here should be what makes the Hulk an infinite power?

dmills
That would be putting the cart before the horse.

Harbinger
I am beginning to like H1. Some funny shit right here.

TheGodKiller
I am beginning to like H1.

You confirmed without a shadow of a doubt now , that you're gay .

Sr J-Bieb
@h1...

About Hulk lifting mountains...classic secret wars was reintroduced and Savage Hulk lifted the entire thing. The mountain was twice the size of the Appalachians and he lifted it at a calm state.

This ft poot on Zeus mountain lifting ft. They bored out a hole so he wouldn't have to lift all the weight. He only supported 150 billion tons, like what's been drilled through our heads repeatidly.

Zeus picked up a mountain and used it as basically a weapon. If you think Hulk's feat is more impressive, then your whole face sucks.

Also lol at h1

Inhuman
Now that's a new one. I've never heard of Mjolnir having a non resisting exception/clause in its abilities.

I'ts etched in small print on the handle.

JakeTheBank
Mjolnir: h1 edition.

TheGodKiller
They bored out a hole so he wouldn't have to lift all the weight. He only supported 150 billion tons, like what's been drilled through our heads repeatidly.

Zeus picked up a mountain and used it as basically a weapon. If you think Hulk's feat is more impressive, then your whole face sucks.

Also lol at h1

A flank of Mt. Etna alone weighs 90 billion tons :
http://les-porter.xomba.com/water_monsters

Sin I AM
Lmao.at lowballing zeus!

Mindset
I'll put my balls of Zeus.

Nihilist
The only way he can be hurt by punches or blasts is if they exceed the force or power of the collision between him and Betty. The only forces I seen in comics that surpass the force of that collision are universe destroying forces, galaxy moving forces, etc. Although Odin together with another destroyed galaxies on two occasions the battles took time where many blasts were shot. So Odin and higher might be able to hurt WBH directly but make no mistake, Odin neither has the ability nor has he ever busted a galaxy with one blast or anywhere close. So the myth of galaxy busting blasts is busted.Save yourself the trouble dont post your bullshit theory in response to me anymore, because it all means nothing coming from you.

Zack Fair
I like those new/old hulk-mountain scans.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
A flank of Mt. Etna alone weighs 90 billion tons :
http://les-porter.xomba.com/water_monsters nice

And Zeus picked the entire bastard up and smashed Typhon with it.

h1a8
Issue numbers or scans for the pocket dimensional energies?

You got me there. I never seen it. All I heard was rumors a long time ago from other posters (I wasn't a Hulk fan then so I accepted what they said). Well there is no other explanation of how he draws his energy and extra mass unless it is from some other universe or dimension.

What are some other plausible reasons?

I'm talking about the Hulk as written just before the Zeus confrontation in issue 622 I think it was. Not savage hulk. The Hulk rampaging his way up mount Olympus gets to Zeus. Then Marvel asks you, H1a8 to pick a winner between the two in a purely physical confrontation. Going by your feats stance, who would you have said would have won? I'm not sure what level the Hulk was at. Maybe somewhat lower than WWH? All I know is that Zeus lifted a mountain effortlessly and threw it. I don't think most Hulk's I seen can do that, at least not effortlessly. So I'm going with Zeus again on this one.

Sr J-Bieb
You got me there. I never seen it. All I heard was rumors a long time ago from other posters (I wasn't a Hulk fan then so I accepted what they said). laughing out loud

h1a8
laughing out loud at least I'm honest. Why so many mentioned it in the past?

DarkSaint85

To prevent us from robbing the writers of their creative power we should base things off feats and not what we should think be the case. Otherwise it is just another religion or cult that fails to see the facts.

Fact 3: We should base everything off feats as the root of all arguments. Feats should ALWAYS be the root of all arguments. This is the utmost truth.

It is explained in bios and on panel that Hulk draws from another dimension. In comics it explains that Hulk draws from a pocket dimension.

You got me there. I never seen it. All I heard was rumors a long time ago from other posters (I wasn't a Hulk fan then so I accepted what they said).

confused

Damborgson
confused

Don't think about it too hard

h1a8
confused

Where are you confused at? I didn't say anything wrong.

DarkSaint85
Where are you confused at? I didn't say anything wrong.

So you argue something based off hearsay and rumour....

Then argue that we should use feats as the root of all our arguments, and not what we think should be the case.

ERROR 426: LOGIC MATRIX OVERLOADED

superbatman86
Surfer has manipulated the energies of the big crunch so yea he rips it outta Hulk like nothing.

quab
The best guy to drain him is Captain Atom (new 52).

Bouboumaster
She-Rulk and Caerira
Happy Dance dance

Rao Kal El
We don't know the nature of the satellite. Plus comics are inconsistent with low showings. Thus I still disagree that any herald can drain WBH.

Rogue, Parasite, Absorbing man, Thor, Surfer and the list goes on and on

Sin I AM
Originally posted by superbatman86
Surfer has manipulated the energies of the big crunch so yea he rips it outta Hulk like nothing.

This

carver9
No one drains him.

-Pr-
No one drains him.

Bar all the people that do.

Rao Kal El
No one drains him.

Prove it

pym-ftw
Enchantress's mouth

Wait what?

MF DELPH
Pretty much.

The name of this thread is hilarious.

*edit

Quantum band user should be able to.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Pretty much.

The name of this thread is hilarious.

*edit

Quantum band user should be able to.

Forgot about quasar...this is true

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Enchantress's mouth

Wait what?

lol I think so too.

The Sorrow
Draining him isn't the problem, the issue is whether they can contain the total sum of Hulk's power which very few heralds can. Once upon a time Surfer drained Savage Hulks power and it nearly drove him insane.

Another factor is how enraged he is, he will draw in more energy the madder he gets which is why Red Hulk was able to drain Savage Hulk completely but could only absorb so much energy from the more powerful current Green Scar incarnation.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Draining him isn't the problem, the issue is whether they can contain the total sum of Hulk's power which very few heralds can. Once upon a time Surfer drained Savage Hulks power and it nearly drove him insane.

Another factor is how enraged he is, he will draw in more energy the madder he gets which is why Red Hulk was able to drain Savage Hulk completely but could only absorb so much energy from the more powerful current Green Scar incarnation.

Good point. Even Absorbing Man has shown his limits by trying to absorb Sentry.
People are basing draining WBH off the satellite feat. This is a fallacy since we don't know the nature of the satellite. For instance, Reed can create weapons or things that can trump what almost any high herald can do (if not all of them). I know this isn't canon I think but just to give an example of what I mean, Reed has created a gun to even hurt the LT. No herald can even phase the LT. So again it's a fallacy to think that in all cases heralds are greater than all human technology in comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos would be able to

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos would be able to

Can Thanos drain the Surfer?

KuRuPT Thanosi
He already has on panel and also restored his life force on panel

Sin I AM
Good point. Even Absorbing Man has shown his limits by trying to absorb Sentry.
People are basing draining WBH off the satellite feat. This is a fallacy since we don't know the nature of the satellite. For instance, Reed can create weapons or things that can trump what almost any high herald can do (if not all of them). I know this isn't canon I think but just to give an example of what I mean, Reed has created a gun to even hurt the LT. No herald can even phase the LT. So again it's a fallacy to think that in all cases heralds are greater than all human technology in comics.
sentry drained him

psycho gundam
nope

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Prove it

I already did.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nope

?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Sentry didn't drain him.. WWH anger burnt out... he just found out something ELSE to get pissed about and went all WB on their asses

carver9
sentry drained him

I guess that means Hulk drained Sentry too huh?

Sin I AM
Sentry didn't drain him.. WWH anger burnt out... he just found out something ELSE to get pissed about and went all WB on their asses

Did he not revert back to banner or am I missing something

TheGodKiller
Did he not revert back to banner or am I missing something

Sentry reverted back to Bob as well . He didn't drain Banner .

TheGodKiller

Sin I AM
Sentry reverted back to Bob as well . He didn't drain Banner .

That's not what I asked

psycho gundam
Did he not revert back to banner or am I missing something you're still missing something

TheGodKiller
That's not what I asked

You asked whether or not Sentry drained Hulk or not , and when KuRuPT replied , telling you that he didn't , you tried to reason that Hulk reverting back to Banner somehow indicates that he got drained .

I replied by telling you that Sentry was reverted to Bob as well , proving that he didn't drain Banner . I answered your question . Now you claim that's not what you asked . A poor attempt to save face .

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you're still missing something

Not really, op asked if hulk can be drained. Sure he can, surfers already done it. Then the response was well that's savage hulk not the same, which is bull since their has always been a potential for greater strength as stated by beyonder, reed, etc..so I say sentry did it, hulk burnt himself out fighting him which is true. Then u say he powered back up when he got angry again which holds no bearing since he was already depowered, showing there are limits. Then he goes wbh, and the sat takes him out...another example of running out of juice, then people say its all sue to tech which is a copout, when u got heralds manipulating greater amounts of energy than hulk has produced...then there is the zeus incident...infinite rage and this imaginary well of energy he draws from didn't help him there...there is a cap.

I understand that in hotm he destroyed a planet and maybe some moons, good got it. But one it was a shared feat and two the exact nature of the dimension makes it a bit ambiguous.....IMO

psycho gundam
nice try lumping the sentry fight with other instances, they're not the same, you even proved why in the same sentence Originally posted by Sin I AM
so I say sentry did it, hulk burnt himself out fighting him which is true. Then u say he powered back up when he got angry again which holds no bearing since he was already depowered, showing there are limits. how did your brain make this post? the red hulk incident that soon fallowed wwh should at least help some of you guys make sense of the confusion you seem to have. *sigh*

Sin I AM
You asked whether or not Sentry drained Hulk or not , and when KuRuPT replied , telling you that he didn't , you tried to reason that Hulk reverting back to Banner somehow indicates that he got drained .

I replied by telling you that Sentry was reverted to Bob as well , proving that he didn't drain Banner . I answered your question . Now you claim that's not what you asked . A poor attempt to save face .

Who's saving face? That's wtf I asked did he or did he not get run out of juicefighting sentry which he did. Him repowering later means nothing since it was already shown his powers were depleted. If the roles were reversed and it was sentrys book and bob knocked Bruce out im sure he would have powered back up as well

KuRuPT Thanosi
You don't see a difference between somebody using their abilities to drain power from somebody or absorb their power... and somebody getting tired or running out of joice which had nothing to do with the opponent DRAINING them? You seem to thnk they are the same.. they aren't.

Rao Kal El
I already did.

NO, So far you have not eek!

Damborgson, why do you make threads based off of my comments? By the way, none of them drain him. Originally posted by carver9
I understand that but you make threads based off of things I say all of the time. Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I'm not saying it in that kind of way, its just something I noticed. Originally posted by carver9
No herald can but I wouldn't put it past any skyfather being capable of doing so. Originally posted by carver9
When did a Satellite drain Hulk? I thought it stopped him instead. Where did you get the drainage from? Originally posted by carver9
Oooookkkkaaaay, what does that have to do with the satellite draining him completely? Originally posted by carver9
The satellite was used as a weapon, not something that was built to primarily drain Hulk. Even if it was (it wasn't though)...the satellite was prepped by Strange, Tony, and Reed...I put that weapon above any Herald weapon. Originally posted by carver9
Remind me Monday to give you a scan. Originally posted by carver9
I am beginning to like H1. Originally posted by carver9
Show a wish being granted to achieve the ft. The only wish that was made during that time was Betty wishing herself to be Hulks equal and Hulk wishing everyone back to life after the explosion. Sin, question...what reason is that you don't like the Hulk? You tend to low ball him any chance you get. Why? Originally posted by carver9
@h1...

This ft poot on Zeus mountain lifting ft. Originally posted by carver9
No one drains him. Originally posted by carver9
I guess that means Hulk drained Sentry too huh?

Sin I AM
You don't see a difference between somebody using their abilities to drain power from somebody or absorb their power... and somebody getting tired or running out of joice which had nothing to do with the opponent DRAINING them? You seem to thnk they are the same.. they aren't.

Your right I concede they are not one and the same, however my earlier argument holds truth

TheGodKiller
Who's saving face?
You are .

That's wtf I asked did he or did he not get run out of juicefighting sentry which he did. Him repowering later means nothing since it was already shown his powers were depleted. If the roles were reversed and it was sentrys book and bob knocked Bruce out im sure he would have powered back up as well
No , you asked whether or not he was drained by Sentry or not , when you were told that he wasn't , you tried to imply that him reverting back to Banner was the result of Sentry draining him . I then showed you that Sentry reverted as well , which clearly tells us that he didn't drain Hulk . Got it now ?

Newjak
Knowing what Mjolnir is capable of, I wouldn't put it past Thor being able to do it.

The Sorrow
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/wwh026bg8.jpg/

What's interesting is those claiming Banner ran out of energy in the Sentry fight, not according to this scan. Banners eyes are still brimming with power.

Sin I AM
You are .

No , you asked whether or not he was drained by Sentry or not , when you were told that he wasn't , you tried to imply that him reverting back to Banner was the result of Sentry draining him . I then showed you that Sentry reverted as well , which clearly tells us that he didn't drain Hulk . Got it now ?

I already acknowledged that gk keep up

TheGodKiller
I already acknowledged that gk keep up

Do you think that I didn't notice your last reply to KuRuPT ? Problem is , I was already in the process of posting my reply to you , when you conceded .

So that's that .

Sin I AM
Do you think that I didn't notice your last reply to KuRuPT ? Problem is , I was already in the process of posting my reply to you , when you conceded .

So that's that .

Xoxo

ODG
Originally posted by The Sorrow
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/wwh026bg8.jpg/

What's interesting is those claiming Banner ran out of energy in the Sentry fight, not according to this scan. Banners eyes are still brimming with power. Perhaps the notion being conveyed is that the energy WWH built up to take down Sentry was exhausted but that Banner realized he didn't need to amp himself further since he and Sentry were exhausting each others' power.

It's like the idea of running a race and you know you're opponent is behind you and so you slow down a little bit and forego reaching deep inside for sustained/increased speed.

At least, that is what I took away from that scene. Either way, I cannot remember the last time Hulk (much less WWH) had the gamma radiation literally beaten out of him as opposed to drained in this manner. It's a serious feat for Sentry's physicality.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by ODG
Perhaps the notion being conveyed is that the energy WWH built up to take down Sentry was exhausted but that Banner realized he didn't need to amp himself further since he and Sentry were exhausting each others' power.

It's like the idea of running a race and you know you're opponent is behind you and so you slow down a little bit and forego reaching deep inside for sustained/increased speed.

At least, that is what I took away from that scene. Either way, I cannot remember the last time Hulk (much less WWH) had the gamma radiation literally beaten out of him as opposed to drained in this manner. It's a serious feat for Sentry's physicality.
Yeah I agree more or less.

I think it pretty much confirmed your interpretation of events when Sentry said his goodbyes towards the end of the fight. At that point there was no need for Banner to be enraged further and they both knew the fight was coming to an end.

What I do disagree with is the idea that the Sentry/WWH fight somehow proves Hulk can be drained back to Banner by any decent high herald or he can completely run out of power mid-fight.

carver9
That fight was far and away from being just a mere fist fight.

Damborgson
Hulk was taking a lot of damage. Same with Sentry. That he even turned back into Banner would make me think that he was getting "drained" but at the same time, he popped back to WWH basically as soon as he felt like it. So was it a drain? Yeah I guess. But an effective one, not so much.

psycho gundam
how can you say he was drained and in the same breath say he went beyond anything ever seen? only thing "drained" was his anger, plus it was a plot device to let meik piss him off again.

get to the end of the same comic and you see a true draining of hulk, but that draining was no small feat as red hulk couldn't replicate it (he did drain savage hulk, so it's at least comparable to the surfer incident(s)), and i don't need to go over his resume in that aspect

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Perhaps the notion being conveyed is that the energy WWH built up to take down Sentry was exhausted but that Banner realized he didn't need to amp himself further since he and Sentry were exhausting each others' power.

At least, that is what I took away from that scene. Either way, I cannot remember the last time Hulk (much less WWH) had the gamma radiation literally beaten out of him as opposed to drained in this manner. It's a serious feat for Sentry's physicality. Zeus literally beat it out of him...

the Darkone
Thor, Silver Surfer, Captain Atom, Firestorm, hyperstorm

psycho gundam
Zeus literally beat it out of him... when?

ODG
Zeus literally beat it out of him... He was still Hulk afterwards.

But while you raise a fair point, Zeus' beatdown being invoked only serves to complement my point at how impressive Sentry's physicality was in that fight.

h1a8

psycho gundam
reed tried to hastily replicate sentry's power but it looks like only the real sentry can do it

a collection of the other world's smartest hijacked another genius' tech in order to drain the majority of hulk's power, then red hulk drained 99% of what was left, leaving banner with glowy eyes

TheGodKiller

doesn't matter as no herald could pull that off under their own power. My point is that sometimes, in comics, human technology >>>>>>>herald level power.

I understand the point you were trying to make , I merely corrected a crucial detail that you got wrong , i.e LT getting hurt by Reed's cannon , when in reality he only got BFRed .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.