CIS off Surfer vs Superman/Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Surfer is out for blood but he also fighting intelligently. CIS and CIP is off for this battle ONLY for Surfer but the other two knows that Surfer is willing to kill, and kill fast. No bfring...can Surfer win?

PillarofOsiris
This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen. The SS loses his head.

Cogito
I disagree. CIS is a ridiculously powerful force.

Surfer wins.

h1a8
Diana is the biggest problem here as she has the Aegis shield which protects her entire being. She also has lasso possibilities.

I'm going with the Surfer for a slight majority here as I see him always trying to stay ranged while using nasty attacks such as black hole blasts, red sun radiation, etc. This would be a fight of cat and mouse where the members are chasing Surfer around, unless Surfer somehow decides to stand his ground (which would be foolish).

But make no mistake, Surfer's chin isn't that great. If any of them catch and stun him then the team can win.

P.S. I would love to here some other good arguments for the team though.

PillarofOsiris
Black Holes? Superman isn't going to be sitting there letting the Surfer make black holes. The Surfer has no combat speed feats close to Superman. Superman himself can drain energy, unknown to many people here it seems. Superman is a LOT stronger than the Surfer. Thor head butted the Surfer and dented his head. What do you think happens when Superman connects with him (and he will)? Superman's eye beams will do some serious damage to the Surfer, considering what NORMAL LASERS have done to him. They seem to be a big weakness of the Surfer's. And Superman's eye beams can get much MUCH more powerful than the lasers that have messed up the Surfer. I don't even need to bring Wonder Woman into this, because Superman alone is enough to take out the Surfer.

Oh, and if the Surfer does make a black hole, Superman grabs it and throws it at him. (don't laugh, he's done it before).

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Black Holes? Superman isn't going to be sitting there letting the Surfer make black holes. The Surfer has no combat speed feats close to Superman. Superman himself can drain energy, unknown to many people here it seems. Superman is a LOT stronger than the Surfer. Thor head butted the Surfer and dented his head. What do you think happens when Superman connects with him (and he will)? Superman's eye beams will do some serious damage to the Surfer, considering what NORMAL LASERS have done to him. They seem to be a big weakness of the Surfer's. And Superman's eye beams can get much MUCH more powerful than the lasers that have messed up the Surfer. I don't even need to bring Wonder Woman into this, because Superman alone is enough to take out the Surfer.

Oh, and if the Surfer does make a black hole, Superman grabs it and throws it at him. (don't laugh, he's done it before).

Your argument is terrible. That's like saying"since Zod broke Superman jaw, Surfer can".

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Your argument is terrible. That's like saying"since Zod broke Superman jaw, Surfer can".

If SS was as strong as Zod he could (but he's not). Superman is at a MINIMUM twice as strong as Thor. And that's being very generous to Thor.

carver9
If SS was as strong as Zod he could (but he's not). Superman is at a MINIMUM twice as strong as Thor. And that's being very generous to Thor.

It's debatable if Zod is stronger than Surfer. It's VERY debatable if Superman is twice as strong as Thor.

PillarofOsiris
It's debatable if Zod is stronger than Surfer. It's VERY debatable if Superman is twice as strong as Thor.

Neither of those are debatable whatsoever.

PillarofOsiris
I can understand someone claiming the SS can beat Superman for a majority (something I don't happen to agree with). It's absolutely insane to think he's beating Superman AND Wonder Woman at the same time. No herald level character is doing that.

iceman24567
^ Except Surfer without CIS

carver9
Neither of those are debatable whatsoever.

Yes they are. It's even debatable if Supes holds a strength edge on Thor.

Cogito

Oh, and if the Surfer does make a black hole, Superman grabs it and throws it at him. (don't laugh, he's done it before). Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

http://benisawesome.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dirty-funny-photos-21.jpg

PillarofOsiris
People apply the no limits fallacy to the SS more than maybe any other character in comics. To hear some people talk about him he's a high level skyfather. The fact is CIS off isn't going to help his durability. He's been one-shot a number of times, lasers really f*** him up, and he's got one of the worst glass jaws in comics. Superman's combat speed is superior to the Surfer's, and Wonder Woman's might be too.

You hear the dumbest arguments on this site about the Surfer. People claim he can turn Superman into a cookie, he can make a black hole in people's brains, and all kinds of ridiculous claims that never seem to happen in any comics.

Sabro
Yes they are. It's even debatable if Supes holds a strength edge on Thor.
PillarofStupidity has spoken. Don't question him.

keiththegreat
I recall even Rage admitting Superman is stronger than Thor. I doubt many people think they are equals in strength. Thor and Beta Ray Bill combined could barely hold up Asgard together and it didn't look like they could hold it for long, which looked like it was the size of a large mountain or two. Superman lifted infinite weight a couple of times and Maggedon is supposed to be the size of Jupiter. If Thor is denting the Surfer's head, Superman would do far worse. And like he said, durability has nothing to do with CIS.

Sr J-Bieb
Ugh. This whole thread.

"Your imagination vs Superman/Wonder Woman"

Well ya, sure, if whatever I can say off the top of my head works, then I can see Surfer winning. It's still an immense task though.

And then there's the lone Superman superfan.

PillarofOsiris
I'm a superfan because I don't think the SS can beat two of the most powerful high heralds at once? Did the SS get an upgrade to a trans level character that I missed? I also don't think he can beat Thor and the Sentry at once either. And on the other side of the coin, I don't think Superman could beat Thor and the Silver Surfer at once either. This thread is utterly ridiculous.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm a superfan because I don't think the SS can beat two of the most powerful high heralds at once? I also don't think he can beat Thor and the Sentry at once either. That's not why. I have no problem thinking these two win. What I find ridiculous is this whole train of thought, and it has nothing to do with WW as you said:

Cogito
I'm a superfan because I don't think the SS can beat two of the most powerful high heralds at once? Did the SS get an upgrade to a trans level character that I missed? I also don't think he can beat Thor and the Sentry at once either. And on the other side of the coin, I don't think Superman could beat Thor and the Silver Surfer at once either. This thread is utterly ridiculous.

Your problem is that your arguments are based on Superman also fighting with CIS off (for the most part)

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Cogito
Your problem is that your arguments are based on Superman also fighting with CIS off (for the most part) You have a problem with Superman throwing black holes back at Surfer? You shouldn't, he's done it before.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
That's not why. I have no problem thinking these two win. What I find ridiculous is this whole train of thought, and it has nothing to do with WW as you said:

My point is, the SS is going to have his hands full with even just Superman. And I also said earlier in this thread I think it's entirely reasonable to think SS beats Superman one on one (although I would disagree, I think there are great arguments to be made that he could take Superman. Personally I think Superman would take 6.5 /10 against the SS one on one). If you add in Wonder Woman this fight is no contest. Both Superman and WW have trans level feats (as does the Surfer). Not a single of these characters (Supes, WW, SS) are soloing the other 2. CIS off or not.

Sr J-Bieb
My point is, the SS is going to have his hands full with even just Superman. And I also said earlier in this thread I think it's entirely reasonable to think SS beats Superman one on one (although I would disagree, I think there are great arguments to be made that he could take Superman. Personally I think Superman would take 6.5 /10 against the SS one on one). If you add in Wonder Woman this fight is no contest. Both Superman and WW have trans level feats (as does the Surfer). Not a single of these characters (Supes, WW, SS) are soloing the other 2. CIS off or not. And you say things like Superman alone is enough to take out CISLess Surfer with some seriously questionable reasons (throwing black holes back at him being a prime suspect), or that Superman is at least twice as strong as Thor.

There's fair and defending your character, and then there's just going completely overboard, which you did.

When Janus gets in here, he can match you point for point.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Cogito
Your problem is that your arguments are based on Superman also fighting with CIS off (for the most part)

Not necessarily. My main points would be:

1) Superman has superior strength combat speed to the SS.

2) CIS has nothing to do with the SS's less than stellar durability, especially against blunt force and lazers (and there are PLENTY of examples of them being extremely effective against him).

3) the SS is not going to drain Superman like many people think.

4) the no limits fallacy is out of control with the Surfer. I know it hasn't been said in this thread (at least not yet), but people claiming SS turns superman into a pink bunny, making a black hole in his brain, etc. are not backed up in actual comics. CIS off isn't an excuse to say he can do anything you can imagine.

Superman doesn't need CIS off to speed blitz the Surfer and pound him to death, especially since the OP states he wants to kill him. Would he be able to? Not necessarily, but with WW there also, you bet he would.

Like I said, Superman isn't beating WW and SS at once either. All three of these characters are the among the most powerful high heralds out there. No one on the herald level tier is beating any 2 of them.

PillarofOsiris
And you say things like Superman alone is enough to take out CISLess Surfer with some seriously questionable reasons (throwing black holes back at him being a prime suspect), or that Superman is at least twice as strong as Thor.

There's fair and defending your character, and then there's just going completely overboard, which you did.

When Janus gets in here, he can match you point for point.

Ridiculous? Yes. But Superman HAS IN FACT fastballed mini black holes before in a comic, so obviously Superman doesn't have to have CIS off to do that. It's no more ridiculous than the claim that the SS can make a black hole in Superman's head.

PillarofOsiris
or that Superman is at least twice as strong as Thor.

My point was that the SS has been KO'ed and hurt by physical force by people weaker (Physically) than Superman. And yeah, like Keith said, even the most diehard Thor fans have admitted Superman is physically stronger than Thor. Can you see Thor moving something the size of Jupiter (312 times the mass of the Earth)? We've seen Thor struggle with lifting things on the scale of mountain. He does have a few really impressive strength feats, but most are from decades ago. Superman moves planets, lifts infinite weight, slows eternity, lifts black holes, etc. Like I said, twice as strong is generous, unless you can show me some strength feats that top Superman's. Off the top of my head the World Engine feat is one of the few, and like I said, you get those from him every once in a great while, spread out inbetween him struggling to lift much smaller things. I think power-wise Thor and Superman are roughly equal (Superman having the edge in strength, durability and speed, and Thor in energy projection, shields, etc.)

Marvel tends to be a lot more realistic when it comes to strength feats than DC (Though the new 52 has changed that...which is a good thing IMO. I think they saw why Marvel was out selling them).

Zack Fair
i think the team will win because I don't see them being affected by CIS when they know that Surfer is out for the fast kill.

I like how Bieb put it "Imagination vs Superman/Wonder Woman"

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I like how Bieb put it "Imagination vs Superman/Wonder Woman"

Yeah that was good.

Sr J-Bieb
Ridiculous? Yes. But Superman HAS IN FACT fastballed mini black holes before in a comic, so obviously Superman doesn't have to have CIS off to do that. It's no more ridiculous than the claim that the SS can make a black hole in Superman's head. Mini black holes.

You think he's going to leap out of nowhere grab what is supposed to be a full sized black hole and just toss it back?

Oh it is more ridiculous. You're talking about Superman throwing black holes back at Surfer like it's some surefire tactic. Like it would be any more effective than just avoiding the thing.

My point was that the SS has been KO'ed and hurt by physical force by people weaker (Physically) than Superman. And yeah, like Keith said, even the most diehard Thor fans have admitted Superman is physically stronger than Thor. Can you see Thor moving something the size of Jupiter (312 times the mass of the Earth)? We've seen Thor struggle with lifting things on the scale of mountain. He does have a few really impressive strength feats, but most are from decades ago. Superman moves planets, lifts infinite weight, slows eternity, lifts black holes, etc. Like I said, twice as strong is generous, unless you can show me some strength feats that top Superman's. Off the top of my head the World Engine feat is one of the few, and like I said, you get those from him every once in a great while, spread out inbetween him struggling to lift much smaller things. I think power-wise Thor and Superman are roughly equal (Superman having the edge in strength, durability and speed, and Thor in energy projection, shields, etc.)

Marvel tends to be a lot more realistic when it comes to strength feats than DC (Though the new 52 has changed that...which is a good thing IMO. I think they saw why Marvel was out selling them). Yeah Surfer has... when he was in his classic days. When was the last time Surfer's been KO'ed by physical force though since his powerup? Annihilation?
If you think Thor denting Surfer's head through a headbutt that didn't do much if at all to Surfer is some sort of low feat and proof that Surfer would get his head caved in by Superman, then that's pretty narrow thinking. Especially when Surfer was tanking Mjolnir shots and throws in the same arc. Which is pretty damned impressive.
Surfer's low feats of random shit KO'ing him obviously overshadow his good feats though.

I'm curious about the Jupiter feat, but the other things mentioned wouldn't make him twice as strong. Especially when you're using a relative low feat on Thor's behalf as proof of something. It's like Superman's never had low strength feats.

I do think Superman is stronger than Thor however, but twice as strong is just going too far.

keiththegreat
I highly doubt current Thor could move a planet. Also, lifting infinite weight compared to Thor barely lifting Asgard with help would make Superman more than 2x Thor's strength. Also when they fought, Superman grabbed Thor's hammer in mid swing with one hand and tossed him away like a rag doll. What strength feats does Thor have that match slowly eternity or lifting infinite weight besides the World Engine feat? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Dampyre

You aren't really using the hea-butting thing as proof of anything I hope. The Surfer stand up to the Hulk's blows without breaking a sweat. His durability is of the highest order and certainly ay least equal to Superman's.

With CIS off, the Surfer is free to do anyting he wants. He once put the Super Skrull's head in an invisible bubble and clained to be able to crush it 'like an eggshell' with little effort. He's also claimed to be able to create singularities behind an opponents eyes or scatter their atoms into nothingness. And this is just the stuff that is referenced in comics.

The Surfer is simply more powerful than either Superman or Wonder Woman. Thei potential array of offensive powerscannot compare to Norrin's. wouldn't normally favor him in a fight against both but under these circumstances he has a chance.

Dampyre
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I highly doubt current Thor could move a planet. Also, lifting infinite weight compared to Thor barely lifting Asgard with help would make Superman more than 2x Thor's strength. What strength feats does Thor have that match slowly eternity or lifting infinite weight besides the World Engine feat? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Superman sure didn't look twice as strong as Thor when they fought. He is stronger but not twice as strong. That's silly.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Dampyre
Superman sure didn't look twice as strong as Thor when they fought. He is stronger but not twice as strong. That's silly. http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg

keiththegreat
Biensalsa made a pretty good video comparing Superman and Thor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=bRzskaeaiHw&v=C0xKX0oUROE&annotation_id=annotation_381304&feature=iv

Sr J-Bieb
I highly doubt current Thor could move a planet. Also, lifting infinite weight compared to Thor barely lifting Asgard with help would make Superman more than 2x Thor's strength. Also when they fought, Superman grabbed Thor's hammer in mid swing with one hand and tossed him away like a rag doll. What strength feats does Thor have that match slowly eternity or lifting infinite weight besides the World Engine feat? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. Thor fished the Midgard Serpent off the planet when he was squeezing it and planet sized.

Of course it would make him 2x his strength. That's retarded. You're comparing Superman's highest feat to something Thor has way higher feats than.

You realize that that crossover wouldn't have made Thor twice as strong. Especially when Superman gave it his all there.
Plus, he punched him out, he didn't just grab the hammer and throw him. He stopped it like Count Nefaria, Ulik, and even Surfer have done. None of them are twice as strong as Thor.

Why is quantity fest when Thor has a comparable feat? Makes no sense. Thor has a big powerful hammer for a reason. So he doesn't have to lift shit all the time with his bare hands.

Slowing time is hilarious though. Time is weightless. I don't know how you're supposed to quantify that.

keiththegreat
Thor fished the Midgard Serpent off the planet when he was squeezing it and planet sized.

Of course it would make him 2x his strength. That's retarded. You're comparing Superman's highest feat to something Thor has way higher feats than.

You realize that that crossover wouldn't have made Thor twice as strong. Especially when Superman gave it his all there.
Plus, he punched him out, he didn't just grab the hammer and throw him. He stopped it like Count Nefaria, Ulik, and even Surfer have done. None of them are twice as strong as Thor.

Why is quantity fest when Thor has a comparable feat? Makes no sense. Thor has a big powerful hammer for a reason. So he doesn't have to lift shit all the time with his bare hands.

Slowing time is hilarious though. Time is weightless. I don't know how you're supposed to quantify that.

Just asking your opinion here: If Supes and Thor stood toe to toe and they each traded blows, ie Thor punches Superman as hard as he can, then Superman punches Thor, how long do you think Thor would last? How many punches?

JakeTheBank
Thor fished the Midgard Serpent off the planet when he was squeezing it and planet sized.

thumb up

Dampyre
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg

LOL! Straining to catch Thor's hammer isn't proof that Superman is twice as strong as Thor. If anything it supports my argument. Count Nefaria caught a fresh Thor's changed hammer strike with far greater ease and even he wasn't twice as strong as Thor.

Sin I AM
Stop using non canon sources in debates

leonidas
i could actually see this going either way tbh. :/

Sr J-Bieb
Just asking your opinion here: If Supes and Thor stood toe to toe and they each traded blows, ie Thor punches Superman as hard as he can, then Superman punches Thor, how long do you think Thor would last? How many punches? A billion.

abhilegend
This thread is amusing. Superman caves surfer's head in if thor can dent it and skuttlebutt can knock him senseless.kinda

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stop using non canon sources in debates

Technically it is canon as it has been subsequently referenced in canon comic books since then in both DC AND Marvel. Though it is against the rules on KMC to use it as evidence, so yeah, it shouldn't be brought up.

CosmicComet
Superman being twice as strong as Thor is hardly a stretch.

It's a lot more believable than the implication that Superman is stronger than Thor because he can lift 'infinite weight', which obviously would imply that Thor cannot, which in turn implies that Superman is infinitely stronger. no expression

2x is a positively sane, and arguable difference on the other hand.

carver9
Hulk has infinite weight fts and Thor has done just fine against him. The logic you all are throwing out there is ridiculous.

Inhuman
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman being twice as strong as Thor is hardly a stretch.

2x is a positively sane, and arguable difference on the other hand.

If that was the case then the dials would have gone up to 20

PillarofOsiris
Hulk has infinite weight fts and Thor has done just fine against him. The logic you all are throwing out there is ridiculous.

The Hulk isn't as strong as Superman, and we've all seen what happens when Thor tries to brawl him.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Inhuman
If that was the case then the dials would have gone up to 20

How do you know the dials are linear and not exponential in nature?

It could be like the Richter scale.

cool

carver9
The Hulk isn't as strong as Superman, and we've all seen what happens when Thor tries to brawl him.

The Hulk is stronger.

PillarofOsiris
The Hulk is stronger.

The imaginary version of the Hulk that exists only in your mind is also stronger than Odin, he is a skyfather after all.

carver9
The imaginary version of the Hulk that exists only in your mind is also stronger than Odin, he is a skyfather after all.

When did I say Savage Hulk was stronger than Odin? When did I say any Hulk was stronger than Odin? Just because Savage is stronger than Superman doesn't mean I think he is stronger than a skyfather. Why am I arguing with a guy that thinks Superman is twice as strong as Thor?

dmills
Infinite weight, black holes in heads, throwing mini blacks holes. Yeah this one has the makings of a classic.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
This thread is amusing. Superman caves surfer's head in if thor can dent it and skuttlebutt can knock him senseless.kinda SS's head being dented didn't do anything.

Also, no.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
SS's head being dented didn't do anything.

Also, no.
Yeah, it denoted that his durability is around thor level or lower if thor can dent his head in. Yeah skuttlebutt knocked him senseless. Superman caves his head in.

Mindset
Except that it doesn't, since he wasn't affected by it.

Also, no.

-Pr-
Ugh. This whole thread.

thumb up

--

Carver, you deserve a slap on the head for this thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
Except that it doesn't, since he wasn't affected by it.

Also, no. Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, it denoted that his durability is around thor level or lower if thor can dent his head in. Yeah skuttlebutt knocked him senseless. Superman caves his head in.

PillarofOsiris
Thor headbutting the Silver Surfer and denting his head obviously affected him. It's pretty stupid to say it didn't. Obviously it didn't KO him, but it clearly affected him. If the writer intended to show Thor's headbutt had no affect, he wouldn't have shown the dent. He would have shown Thor's face bloody, and the SS casually shrugging it off.

Mindset
Thor headbutting the Silver Surfer and denting his head obviously affected him. It's pretty stupid to say it didn't. Obviously it didn't KO him, but it clearly affected him. If the writer intended to show Thor's headbutt had no affect, he wouldn't have shown the dent. He would have shown Thor's face bloody, and the SS casually shrugging it off. He did casually shrug it off.

So...

quab
Superman and Wonder Woman might have a chance to beat Surfer. It depends if Surfer has knowledge of Kryptonite or Red Sun radiation.

keiththegreat
Except kryptonite from other universes doesn't affect superman.

Sixth_Winged
this thread went downhill when throwing mini blackholes was mentioned.

also Originally posted by quab
Superman and Wonder Woman might have a chance to beat Surfer. It depends if Surfer has knowledge of Kryptonite or Red Sun radiation.

cosmic awareness bro

Sixth_Winged
Except kryptonite from other universes doesn't affect superman.

I was under the assumption under neutral settings means silver surfer won't be creating 616 kryptonite that will be useless to superman.

Am I wrong?

Sin I AM
Technically it is canon as it has been subsequently referenced in canon comic books since then in both DC AND Marvel. Though it is against the rules on KMC to use it as evidence, so yeah, it shouldn't be brought up.

Where was it referenced in marvel? Im not doubting you since I dont claim to have read every comic book but id like to see it

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I was under the assumption under neutral settings means silver surfer won't be creating 616 kryptonite that will be useless to superman.

Am I wrong?
Rules of both universes apply here and as of now kryptonite doesn't exist in marvel universe. Even in dc kryptonite from other realities doesn't affect kryptonians. Like below

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3818/14773568yc8.jpg

Colossus-Big C
It's absolutely insane to think he's beating Superman AND Wonder Woman at the same time. No herald level character is doing that. Silver Surfer can and so can Black Adam, and Adam is from DC.

keiththegreat
Where was it referenced in marvel? Im not doubting you since I dont claim to have read every comic book but id like to see it

Iirc scarlet witch mentioned it in house of M

JakeTheBank

It's referenced in handbooks and bios.

pym-ftw
Surfer drains the sun to be red and goes intangible

Diana versus norrin
Is actually a good fight as her only weakness could be a pain for silver surfer to exploit, and I'm not sure he qualifies

celeyhyga17
CIS off Surfer is too much.. I don't even wanna get into his super exotic feats that he can apply with CIS off. It's just that ridiculous!

keiththegreat
As far as cosmic awareness didn't surfer know gladiators weakness beforehand due to prior kbowledge and not from cosmic awareness? Does SS actually say he used cosmic awareness to find glass weakness? Can the surfer change an entire stars color? Don't red stars have to be super large do wouldn't it destroy the earth? Also superman flew thro a red star SMS survived a crash to a planet

quab
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
cosmic awareness bro

True cosmic awareness, but I guess he can just use red sun radiation. It'd be tough for Superman to win. Surfer would probably win here.

rotiart
Originally posted by -Pr-
thumb up

--

Carver old chum, you deserve a slap on the back for this thread.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by abhilegend
Rules of both universes apply here and as of now kryptonite doesn't exist in marvel universe. Even in dc kryptonite from other realities doesn't affect kryptonians. Like below

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3818/14773568yc8.jpg

???

Afaik neutral setting means the reality where both combatants are fighting at behaves exactly like their own reality.

If Silver Surfer can only transmute kryptonite that is pretty much useless against superman, then superman isn't getting treated as "local" of this reality.

Can I get any mod to confirm this or is any Kryptonite Transmutation is basically useless against Superman?

And a side note, the scan doesn't really establish all the other realities' kryptonite besides the one in the scan can't affect superman.

pym-ftw
All that scan says is that that realitys k radiated different

Surfer could just release radiation with a correct wavelength

PillarofOsiris

I don't have a scanner but it was in House of M. I'll take a look online and see if I can find a scan for you.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by pym-ftw
All that scan says is that that realitys k radiated different

Surfer could just release radiation with a correct wavelength

Prime has the same immunity, as kryptonite from Superman's universe won't affect Prime, as do other kryptonians from other universes. That's not the only instance of that being stated.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by quab
True cosmic awareness, but I guess he can just use red sun radiation. It'd be tough for Superman to win. Surfer would probably win here.

Red Sunlight doesn't affect Superman as fast or to the degree some people here are making it out to. By the time the Surfer was done with doing hat, Superman would have caved his head in.

I was also under the impression that the Surfer knew Gladiator's weakness because of prior knowledge and not "cosmic awareness". Although I could be wrong, if someone can show a scan of that scene.

And not only does kryptonite from other universes not affect Superman, but synthetic kryptonite has been shown to have a variable affect on him as well, sometimes weakening him, and sometimes not so much. (although this is admittedly inconsistent). Even still, Superman has survived exposure to A LOT OF KRYPTONITE, even fighting prime while surrounded by it and red sunlight.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Silver Surfer can and so can Black Adam, and Adam is from DC.

lol... No. Silly.

--

And yeah, closing soon.

PillarofOsiris
And yeah, closing soon.

Thank God. Hey, can we get a ruling on whether if SS (For example, but also people like Sersi) created krytonite in a forum fight, would it be able to affect Superman as though it was in his universe?

-Pr-
Thank God. Hey, can we get a ruling on whether if SS (For example, but also people like Sersi) created krytonite in a forum fight, would it be able to affect Superman as though it was in his universe?

It shouldn't affect him, no.

Sixth_Winged
It shouldn't affect him, no.

Ok then, noted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.