Padme Instrumental in the Downfall of the Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
So I've been re-watching the BD versions of Star Wars in order to introduce them to it being they have never seen them and we've already watched episodes 4-6 and just watched episode 1 last night and I came to a bit of a realisation.

The Queen of Naboo (Padme) was instrumental in the eventual downfall of the Republic. She was totally manipulated by Palps the entire movie (except for the one bold move of returning to Naboo to "be with her people"wink. He became Chancellor because of this.

Re-watching it and seeing her mindlessly do what he says was frustrating, especially for a character who becomes so important. Valorum did the right thing: a committee sent to Naboo to check the validity of her statements makes sense or else anybody could come to the Senate and make accusations of invasion. She knew she was going to go back anyway, so why not just bring the committee with you on your ship for them to see for themselves what was going on?

And she was such a weak leader. She let the Trade Federation walk right into Naboo with absolutely no fight. No resistane whatsoever.

queeq
Agree.

General G
Well, I'm glad that's settled then.

queeq
I guess we can close this thread then. wink

General G
If you delete this thread now, it shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Also. Power trip.

queeq
laughing out loud

Cyborg vader
Padme was the entire reason the Galactic Empire existed in the first place. Had she never married anakin skywalker, which she shouldn't have done in the first place, it went against the Jedi code, she never would have had Luke and leia, anakin wouldn't fear her dying in childbirth, he wouldn't save palpatine from mace windu to keep her alive, the empire never exists.

It was padme's fault that the entire OT happened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.