Fantasy: Is this a cheesy origin of a knight order?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
So I didn't want to go with crusaders, paladins, or templars because they're real life orders and have no real connection to my fictional work. On top of that they've been beaten to death by most mainstream fantasy works, so I came up with the Valascians.

Valasce, the deity of retribution, commonly thought of as a rouge deity for his unbending will of subjecting not only men but even the gods to his decree. Was a deity -- of the pantheon -- lost in the first few translations of scripture, until just half a millennia ago when bishop Arteos Belnalde discovered the nature and purpose of Valasce.

He presented it for the -- at the time -- current primarch, Ralit Iganici, whom denied its validity due to the position of unaccountably the church had managed to attain over the people. The primarch was found dead in his bed the next morning with both of his juggler veins slit. The bishop was became a wanted criminal, but with the help of wealthy friends he managed to stay hidden. During his exile he assembled a small number of skilled knights who shared his devotion and so he founded the Valascian order, a knightly order which would punish common thieves, and political- and religious leaders alike for infringing upon the rights of others.

Past Arteos' death, the order was kept together by nobles, and today they're one with the church yet still keeping a watchful eye on it.

Thoren
Sounds vaguely like a book I read about the Illuminati

Sounds good though.

Astner
Originally posted by thornthorn
Sounds vaguely like a book I read about the Illuminati
It is to some degree based on Martin Luther's approach, so it would make sense that some conspiracy nut would have similar inspiration sources as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.