Odin in the Destroyer with the PG vs. Arishem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If Odin has the PG and had it for 1 day before the fight starts... Can he defeat the Host

Galan007
The entire Host, or just Arishem?

Either way, this is a tough call. Odin+Destroyer+the essence of Asgard, was less than nothing in comparison to the Host... Not sure if replacing Asgard with the power gem would make a significant difference here, considering Odin only has a single day to acclimate himself with it. However, it's also quite possible that he could dominate the Host.

hmm

TheGodKiller
Depends on how well he can tap into the PG . If he shows complete mastery over it , he wouldn't even need the Destroyer in this case , he could simply amp up the Odin Force to the nth degree .
In that case Arishem would lose .

Otherwise , the result remains the same as it was in Thor#300 .

Cogito
Speculation blah blah blah speculation blah

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Otherwise , the result remains the same as it was in Thor#300 . that depends on if arishem mind jobbing odin and co, making them see their homes cut off from them applies here. i bet it would still scare the shit out of him, but if he has the power to defeat arishem he might also have the power to rebuilt the dimensional gateway or move asgard etc

Horrificus
Odin should have no problem adapting to use of the PG.
He would most likely use the PG to amp ALL of his hoodoo to the nth level.

He would win.

h1a8
1 day of amping is a hell of a long time for someone like Odin. Hell Odin might reach IG levels in such time. Odin would beat the entire Host IMO.

Cogito
Originally posted by h1a8
1 day of amping is a hell of a long time for someone like Odin. Hell Odin might reach IG levels in such time. Odin would beat the entire Host IMO.

facepalm2

In one day, Odin's going to take 1/6th of the IG and become as powerful as the full IG?

h1a8
Originally posted by Cogito
facepalm2

In one day, Odin's going to take 1/6th of the IG and become as powerful as the full IG?

Yes, he already has all the powers of the IG to a lower scale (soul, reality, time, etc.) The PG will boost all of his abilities to the 1000th degree in a day. Because of his experience wisdom and power I see him gaining more power from the PG in a day than any user ever in comics would in a day (even Thanos).

Think about it. If the PG can boost an experienced user to the 10th degree almost instantly within a couple of seconds (proof of this is in comics) then what degree will they be boosted in a full day (86400 seconds)? Odin will be a universe buster in no time.

ilikecomics
in a what if story the infinity broke from fighting a host of celestials

guy222
arishem

Cogito
Yes, he already has all the powers of the IG to a lower scale (soul, reality, time, etc.) The PG will boost all of his abilities to the 1000th degree in a day. Because of his experience wisdom and power I see him gaining more power from the PG in a day than any user ever in comics would in a day (even Thanos).

Think about it. If the PG can boost an experienced user to the 10th degree almost instantly within a couple of seconds (proof of this is in comics) then what degree will they be boosted in a full day (86400 seconds)? Odin will be a universe buster in no time.

I mean no offense, but I don't think anyone can take this seriously.

TheGodKiller
I mean no offense, but I don't think anyone can take this seriously.

Unfortunately , truth is always offensive .

red sabre
depends on the PG, if its PG13 it doesnt help him much its too softcore.

janus77
Arishem squishes the Power Gem, and it's insignificant adornments.

Horrificus
I mean no offense, but I don't think anyone can take this seriously. He is saying that Odin already has powers that reflect the different aspects of the Infinity Gauntlet, to a lesser degree of course.

He is Odin and has been shown to have some mastery over the properties of the universe. "Some Mastery" is the operative term.

Time, Space, Power, Mind, Reality and Soul.

And, Odin would probably use the unlimited power of the PG to boost what he has. I don't know if it would be on the same level as the IG, but it could be pretty high up there.

I agree.

Why wouldn't he? Why couldn't he?

You would have to explain your stance against this strategy.
Because it is completely sound.

Galan007
Originally posted by Horrificus
He is saying that Odin already has powers that reflect the different aspects of the Infinity Gauntlet, to a lesser degree of course.

He is Odin and has been shown to have some mastery over the properties of the universe. "Some Mastery" is the operative term.

And, Odin would probably use the unlimited power of the PG to boost what he has. I don't know if it would be on the same level as the IG, but it could be pretty high up there.

I agree.

Because it is completely sound. So you believe that Odin with the power gem alone could match--or even come close to--the levels of a competent being in possession of ALL the infinity gems?

If that is your opinion, I can't help but facepalm. I mean, if that were the case, why would Thanos have even bothered collecting all the gems? Why not just stop at the power gem? Remember, each gem gives its wielder the highest possible level of mastery over the particular aspect it controls (under TOAA, of course.)

Slaanesh
Arishem..power gem alone won't put him in Celestials league..

TheGodKiller
He is saying that Odin already has powers that reflect the different aspects of the Infinity Gauntlet, to a lesser degree of course.

I agree.

Because it is completely sound.

He was replying to h1's ridiculous claim that with the Power Gem alone , Odin could reach the same/similar level of power as the IG .
While it is possible that the Odinforce could get amplified to enormous levels(if Odin can harness the gem's maximum potential within one day) , it is absurd to postulate that it would be at a similar level of power as the whole IG itself .

psycho gundam
technically, the only real showing for the other gems was that they were able to beat the abstract of that particular field of expertise i.e. chronus - time, love & hate - mind/soul, chaos & order - reality/mind/soul, and when thanos made himself omnipresent as eternity was he used the space gem, every use backed by the power gem of coarse

i don't think odin backed by just the power gem would be able to beat an abstract at their own game as casually as thanos did in the "cosmic conflagration"

Horrificus
Originally posted by Galan007
So you believe that Odin with the power gem alone could match--or even come close to--the levels of a competent being in possession of ALL the infinity gems?

If that is your opinion, I can't help but facepalm. I mean, if that were the case, why would Thanos have even bothered collecting all the gems? Why not just stop at the power gem? Remember, each gem gives its wielder the highest possible level of mastery over the particular aspect it controls (under TOAA, of course.) I didn't say the same as the IG. I said I didn't know, but it would be way up there. And, that is true.

And, Thanos didn't have powers that deal with Time, Space, Soul, Mind and Reality. Especially at the time of the IG, he may have been powerful, but he was still just an alien super-being.

Odin, on the other hand, could be argued to have limited control or near-aspect-level dealings with Time, Space, Soul, Mind and Reality.

Where this goes, I don't know. It is just a proposed argument.

But, again, I never said that this strategy would give Odin the same power as the IG.

Um, I wanted to add: "So, jump back, Honky Cat!"

Galan007
But, again, I never said that this strategy would give Odin the same power as the IG. Good, because that's retarded.

TheGodKiller

And, Thanos didn't have powers that deal with Time, Space, Soul, Mind and Reality. Especially at the time of the IG, he may have been powerful, but he was still just an alien super-being.

Didn't Thanos have the standard Eternal/Deviant powers of telepathy , telekinesis , teleportation , molecular manipulation etc . (all further amped up by Mistress Death for the purpose of wiping out half the universe , a power boost he used for stealing the gems from the Elders) back then ?

If he did , that would imply that he had powers related to Mind , Space, and (to an extent)Reality , at the very least .

Horrificus
Good, because that's retarded. That's called a "Barbed Retreat".

But, I'll accept it. big grin

Horrificus
Didn't Thanos have the standard Eternal/Deviant powers of telepathy , telekinesis , teleportation , molecular manipulation etc . (all further amped up by Mistress Death for the purpose of wiping out half the universe , a power boost he used for stealing the gems from the Elders) back then ?

If he did , that would imply that he had powers related to Mind , Space, and (to an extent)Reality , at the very least . He hadn't been amp'd back then.

Which was why he was still, actually interesting! Outcomes were in question. Which makes for good stories.

And, I guess your argument could be used to say that we all have powers related to those specifics. Right?

Well, some of us. Personally, I use "Space", but that's about it. big grin

Galan007
He hadn't been amp'd back then. http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12581899_t1.jpg

TheGodKiller
He hadn't been amp'd back then.

Which was why he was still, actually interesting! Outcomes were in question. Which makes for good stories.

He was , he noted that "even the enhanced might" that Mistress Death had given him wouldn't be enough to accomplish the feat of killing half the universe , which is why he sought the Infinity Gems in the first place .

And, I guess your argument could be used to say that we all have powers related to those specifics. Right?

Well, some of us. Personally, I use "Space", but that's about it. big grin
I don't know about you , but I definitely don't have any superpowers at all .
And as far as specifics go , that argument can be applied to Odin as well then .
Lets just agree that in that arc , Thanos had power(on a much limited scale though) on at least three of the aspects which the Infinity Gems embody .

h1a8
So you believe that Odin with the power gem alone could match--or even come close to--the levels of a competent being in possession of ALL the infinity gems?

If that is your opinion, I can't help but facepalm. I mean, if that were the case, why would Thanos have even bothered collecting all the gems? Why not just stop at the power gem? Remember, each gem gives its wielder the highest possible level of mastery over the particular aspect it controls (under TOAA, of course.)

Galan the key here is the day. Now give Odin the PG and have him fight with it right away then he will be boosted but no where near IG levels.

Think about it. Odin is a supreme master of power manipulation (greater than Thanos). He should be able to double his power in a matter of seconds with the PG. A day has over 85 thousand seconds in it. Just imagine what level Odin will be at after the day is over.

Thanos doesn't have mastery over all the different aspects of the IG like Odin does.
Nor can he amp to levels at the rate Odin can.

Galan007
Would Odin become more powerful? Absolutely. Not denying that. However, he would not be on par with a complete IG.

By that line of 'logic', Odin with the power gem alone = Odin with ALL of the infinity gems. I can't even take that notion seriously.

JakeTheBank
lol and people said I overrated Odin.

h1a8
Would Odin become more powerful? Absolutely. Not denying that. However, he would not be on par with a complete IG.

By that line of 'logic', Odin with the power gem alone = Odin with ALL of the infinity gems. I can't even take that notion seriously.

How long will it take, in your opinion, Odin to accumulate enough power to match the ig?

Also in your opinion to what degree will Odin be able to match the IG (10th power, 100th power, ...)?

In no way is this an attempt to debate against you. You could have a point. I just would like to know your opinion on how far Odin is away from IG status (in terms of quantity).

Galan007
Odin, with just the power gem, could never 'accumulate' IG-level power--not even close. Again, by your line of logic, Odin with the power gem alone = Odin with all of the infinity gems.

That makes no sense. None.

Horrificus
Well, although I do not want to get dragged into the argument of Odin+PG=IG, my point is that a Skyfather of Odin's level does have high-levels of experience and potential to work with and manipulate Reality, Mind, Soul, Power, Space and Time.

And, access to the Power Gem could potentially bolster that.

h1a8
Odin, with just the power gem, could never 'accumulate' IG-level power--not even close. Again, by your line of logic, Odin with the power gem alone = Odin with all of the infinity gems.

That makes no sense. None.

So you are saying that Odin to the googol power isn't enough?

Galan007
So you are saying that Odin to the googol power isn't enough? The infinite power gained by all 6 infinity gems >g_infinity] Odin to the googol power.

h1a8
The infinite power gained by all 6 infinity gems >g_infinity] Odin to the googol power. lol That's crazy.
You know the universe isn't infinite right? That means if the IG grants universal power then it is limited.

Galan007
lol That's crazy.
You know the universe isn't infinite right? That means if the IG grants universal power then it is limited. This is a fictional topic we're discussing--keep that in mind. That said, it has been stated dozens of times that the IG grants its wielder the highest possible level of infinite power, under TOAA.

Odin with all 6 gems>>Odin with the power gem alone. Why? Because 6 gems>1 gem. Not even debatable.

h1a8
This is a fictional topic we're discussing--keep that in mind. That said, it has been stated dozens of times that the IG grants its wielder the highest possible level of infinite power, under TOAA.

Odin with all 6 gems>>Odin with the power gem alone. Why? Because 6 gems>1 gem. Not even debatable.

I call BS. Show me where it states this. You know that many beings have been said to be omnipotent in comics right (including Odin himself). That's why we use feats. But if it has been stated multiple times then I will go with it. Show me a few times please.

Also
LT>IG
So how does the IG grant the highest level of power under TOAA again?

Galan007
I call BS. Show me where it states this. You know that many beings have been said to be omnipotent in comics right (including Odin himself). That's why we use feats. But if it has been stated multiple times then I will go with it. Show me a few times please.

Also
LT>IG
So how does the IG grant the highest level of power under TOAA again? I'm not going to show you a thing. A simple search will find you everything you need--or better yet: read the pertinent comics. smile

When LT judged against the IG, he "represented" the power of TOAA, and he still wasn't sure if he had the power to take the gauntlet by force. This was also explicitly stated. smile

h1a8
I'm not going to show you a thing. A simple search will find you everything you need--or better yet: read the pertinent comics. smile

When LT judged against the IG, he "represented" the power of TOAA, and he still wasn't sure if he had the power to take the gauntlet by force. This was also explicitly stated. smile

I read through those comics a long while ago. I don't remember anything you are talking about (it being second only to TOAA). Maybe I missed it, where should I search then?

KuRuPT Thanosi
The stupidity in this thread is reaching maximum density ... N that is saying a lot for around here

Tar-Antado
Kinda baffled on how Odin with the power gem would even come close to a competent wielder of the full IG. I'm sure he won't. With the gems the sum is so much greater than the parts.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Kinda baffled on how Odin with the power gem would even come close to a competent wielder of the full IG. I'm sure he won't. With the gems the sum is so much greater than the parts. All it takes is time.
The IG doesn't have infinite power. Otherwise the LT or TOAA wouldn't be able to be above it. It was shown only to have universal power. The universe is finite.
With a full day of amping who knows where Odin will be. Hell Dr. Strange went toe to toe with the IG for a small moment. What does that mean?

TheGodKiller
All it takes is time.
The IG doesn't have infinite power. Otherwise the LT or TOAA wouldn't be able to be above it. It was shown only to have universal power. The universe is finite.
With a full day of amping who knows where Odin will be. Hell Dr. Strange went toe to toe with the IG for a small moment. What does that mean?

The IG does have infinite power , only its infinity isn't the highest level of infinity , it is second to that of TOAA . When it comes to infinite power , Marvel has established levels of infinity , and this is based on an actual mathematical study done by the late Georg Cantor , which Zopzop provided a long time back in the Lucifer VS Thanos(w/ IG) thread .

As far as the IG being only universal goes , ample evidence was provided by MrMaster in that very same thread(Lucifer VS Thanos), which revealed that only does the IG have a trans-multiversal scale of power , it is quite possibly omniversal as well .

As far as Dr.Strange goes , he only stalemated individual gems , and he essentially needed every last artifact(and most of these artifacts are powered by high level Elder Gods, beings considerably above skyfathers like Odin) he possessed to accomplish such a feat .

h1a8
The IG does have infinite power , only its infinity isn't the highest level of infinity , it is second to that of TOAA . When it comes to infinite power , Marvel has established levels of infinity , and this is based on an actual mathematical study done by the late Georg Cantor , which Zopzop provided a long time back in the Lucifer VS Thanos(w/ IG) thread .

As far as the IG being only universal goes , ample evidence was provided by MrMaster in that very same thread(Lucifer VS Thanos), which revealed that only does the IG have a trans-multiversal scale of power , it is quite possibly omniversal as well .

As far as Dr.Strange goes , he only stalemated individual gems , and he essentially needed every last artifact(and most of these artifacts are powered by high level Elder Gods, beings considerably above skyfathers like Odin) he possessed to accomplish such a feat .

Math and the nature of the universe are two different things. For example, with math Zenos' paradox still hold true.

Lastly, if showings contradict what is said then we ignore what is said and go by what is shown. The IG never showed infinite power. For example, with infinite force I can touch something and instantly disintegrate it. If I touch something and it just breaks to pieces then this is not infinite force but a finite force.

TheGodKiller
Math and the nature of the universe are two different things. For example, with math Zenos' paradox still hold true.

Lastly, if showings contradict what is said then we ignore what is said and go by what is shown. The IG never showed infinite power. For example, with infinite force I can touch something and instantly disintegrate it. If I touch something and it just breaks to pieces then this is not infinite force but a finite force.

Funny that you try to dismiss Marvel's established opinion regarding infinities , and a mathematical theory which supports it , and in the very next paragraph of your reply try to use math to dismiss the idea of the IG possessing infinite power .

The IG does have infinite power(under only TOAA) , and no amount of your self-contradictory and BS claims are going to change that fact .

Horrificus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The stupidity in this thread is reaching maximum density ... N that is saying a lot for around here Thank heavens YOU are here!

Cause, you're a Big Smarty! eek!

Horrificus
Figured how to clarify and explain this before it goes on forever.

Each gem is a key, allowing a user to gain the highest level of control over it's "element". Power, Soul, etc.

They do not require a specific power level, in order to give this highest level of control.

For instance, the Power Gem is not needed to give a wielder of the Soul Gem the highest level of control over "Soul".

It may be feasible that Odin, already having some control over Reality, Soul, Mind, Time and Space, would be able to figure out how to use the Power Gem to bolster his mastery of these elements to a very high level.

But, he would never be able to equal the level of mastery that comes from actual possession of the gems.

Control of a Gem, means control of that universal component.

In other words, if you have the Mind Gem, you should always be able to trump ANY other manipulation of the mind in the 616 universe and so on.

janus77
Hood with PG wasn't strong enough to prevent Rulk from grabbing it.

Odin has zero chance of posing a threat to a Celestial. Zero chance.

Tar-Antado
The Elders also possessed the gems individually and they could not defeat Galactus. The gems need each other to grant the kind of omnipotence that Thanos achieved. Odin with a single gem cannot match that no matter how much time ha has.

Damborgson
Thank heavens YOU are here!

Cause, you're a Big Smarty! eek! laughing out loud

Galan007
It may be feasible that Odin, already having some control over Reality, Soul, Mind, Time and Space, would be able to figure out how to use the Power Gem to bolster his mastery of these elements to a very high level.

But, he would never be able to equal the level of mastery that comes from actual possession of the gems. We've been saying this the entire time. So, yeah, I agree. thumb up

Horrificus
We've been saying this the entire time. So, yeah, I agree. thumb up I know you have. I just tried to make it clearer.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Damborgson
laughing out loud It's nice to be appreciated. big grin

h1a8
Funny that you try to dismiss Marvel's established opinion regarding infinities , and a mathematical theory which supports it , and in the very next paragraph of your reply try to use math to dismiss the idea of the IG possessing infinite power .

The IG does have infinite power(under only TOAA) , and no amount of your self-contradictory and BS claims are going to change that fact .
Can the PG possibly give infinite power?

Give me proof of:

1. The IG is under TOAA (LT contradicts that fact)
2. The IG gives infinite power.

h1a8
Originally posted by janus77
Hood with PG wasn't strong enough to prevent Rulk from grabbing it.

Odin has zero chance of posing a threat to a Celestial. Zero chance.

Celestials are not that powerful over Odin. I would say a Celestial (not a host) is about 20-100 times more powerful than Odin. And that's being generous.

TheGodKiller
Can the PG possibly give infinite power?

Give me proof of:

1. The IG is under TOAA (LT contradicts that fact)
2. The IG gives infinite power.

I am going to do nothing of the sort . All the relevant info and scans are provided in both the IG's Respect thread(made by Galan) and LT's Respect thread(made by MrMaster) .

As I said before , on-panel evidence > your BS claims . Deal with it .

TheGodKiller

Diesldude
If the pg didn't boost a wielder's stats Thor would not have been able to do what he did with the pg and what he was becoming. You can eat all the steaks you want but you aren't going to bench twice as much just by having the extra energy. If Thor with the pg was doing stuff that he couldn't do without it, who knows, the pg could amp odins time and reality manipulation powers to the nth level as well. It doesn't make sense but pg Thor was benching twice as much and getting stronger by just having more steaks.

Diesldude
Also what does a power gem do exactly? Gives you unlimited power/ energy where:
1 your physical stats stay the same but with unlimited power you never run out of energy and so you never tire? Or
2 - does it increase your stats across the board?

Naija boy
Id favor Odin due to him conceivably being able to properly tap into the power gem and elevate his power levels hugely.

Horrificus
I think that Odin with the PG would crush a Celestial.

Odin would know how to properly tap the infinite energy of the PG.

Using IG terms:

"If" this is true, it means that Odin is instantly a manipulator of Time, Space, Mind, Soul and Reality who is more powerful than Arishem.

If Odin didn't already have the ability (shown in past feats) to manipulate and use as weapons, Time, Space, Mind, Soul and Reality, it would be more questionable, as to his chances.

But, Odin knows the game, when it comes to the top of the universal pyramid and if he had the unlimited juice to back him up, there is no reason for him to fail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.