Who is stronger than Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman
Who in your opinion is stronger than Superman?
What characters strength wise are above him?

DarkSaint85
Ultraman.

Estacado
Heroes or villains?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Estacado
Heroes or villains?

Both

The Sorrow
Hulk.

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
These are the physical beings I can think of so far

HP DD
Some versions of Darkseid
Prime
Monarch
WBH
Terrax or Genis Sentry
Cyke (unless he used telekinesis to stop Thor's hammer swing)
D.C. Ares

Harbinger
Logan

abhilegend
Nobody.stick out tongue

"Id"
Ultraman drops the "Book", on him.

PillarofOsiris
SBP, PC Superman

red sabre
only 2 superman can beat a superman

Estacado
Gladiator.313

dmills
Luke Cage

Mshinu
Kurse
Demon Colossonaut
Thanos
Bor
DP Tyrant
Shaggy Man
Validus
Magog

janus77
Batman.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Inhuman

Captain Marvel
Black "azz" Adam
SBP
HP Doomsday
8th day juggernaut

PillarofOsiris
How is Captain Marvel stronger than Superman? BEST case for CM is that they are equals, but even that isn't the case.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
How is Captain Marvel stronger than Superman? BEST case for CM is that they are equals, but even that isn't the case. How is it not the case? Captain marvels fight with eclisp proved just that.

Cap also lifted the book with infinit weight.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Captain Marvel
Black "azz" Adam
SBP
HP Doomsday
8th day juggernaut

This

Although cap isnt stronger.

Endless Mike
Solar. And many others.

bluewaterrider
Amazo
Darkseid
Doomsday
Earth-3 Superwoman (pre-Crisis)
Kingdom Come Superman
Konvickt
Marvel Comics Zeus
Superboy Prime
Supergirl 2004-2008
Supergirl (if assuming current incarnation versus current incarnation)
Wonder Woman 2003-2011
World Breaker Hulk

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Kingdom Come Superman
Supergirl 2004-2008
Wonder Woman 2003-2011
World Breaker Hulk

laughing laughing laughing

abhilegend
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Amazo
Darkseid
Doomsday
Earth-3 Superwoman (pre-Crisis)
Kingdom Come Superman
Konvickt
Marvel Comics Zeus
Superboy Prime
Supergirl 2004-2008
Wonder Woman 2003-2011
World Breaker Hulk
****ing lulz @supergirl and wonder weakling.

pym-ftw
52 supes?

Do you mean hh and below?

the Darkone
Kurse
Shaggy Man
Validus
Mangog
PC Darkseid
Warrior Madness Thor
Thanos
Depero
WBHulk
Sentry-Void
Ultraman
Infinity Man
Champion of the Universe
Monarch
Superboy prime
Superman Golden age
The General

rotiart
Squirrel girl.

CosmicComet
She couldn't even overpower Wolverine.

sneer

guy222
hulk

Mindset
Doom
Iron Fist
Bart Allen
Kyle Rayner
Deadpool
Grifter
Genis
Constantine
Doombot
Fistbot

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by the Darkone
Kurse
Shaggy Man
Validus
Mangog
PC Darkseid
Warrior Madness Thor
Thanos
Depero
WBHulk
Sentry-Void
Ultraman
Infinity Man
Champion of the Universe
Monarch
Superboy prime
Superman Golden age
The General

I forgot about Infinity Man.

the Darkone
I forgot about Infinity Man.

And I for got Zom-strange, Sasquash(Tarnqa),Starbreaker

carver9
Originally posted by guy222
any hulk minus grey Hulk and even then he is currently operating at High Herald level status.

iceman24567
Since when was Wonder Woman stronger than Superman? laughing

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Since when was Wonder Woman stronger than Superman? laughing

Taking on the avengers is a high Herald ft and one shotting Wonderman is a High Herald ft.

-Pr-
Pre-reboot? Potentially Hulk, but that's it.

Post reboot? Plenty of people for the moment, though very few in DC if any; Superman's already been called the most powerful person on the planet.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

Post reboot? Plenty of people for the moment, though very few in DC if any; Superman's already been called the most powerful person on the planet.

You are improving even though I disagree with your second comment.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
You are improving even though I disagree with your second comment.

lol improving. At least that makes one of us.

Why? It was stated...

carver9
lol improving. At least that makes one of us.

Why? It was stated...

Lol...I don't need improvement.

I know it was stated but it was also stated for Apolo as well....more than once.

-Pr-
Lol...I don't need improvement.

I know it was stated but it was also stated for Apolo as well....more than once.

On that we disagree. Heavily.

And?

tkitna
Lois Lane

http://img.newkadia.com/Covers/L/S/Supermans%20Girl%20Friend%20Lois%20Lane/supermansgirlfriendloislane85.jpg

zopzop
We talking High Herald to Trans Tier level beings only? Because anything over that (Skyfather on up isn't really up for debate, they >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman in every way imaginable).
WBHulk
Kurse
Thanos
Mangog
Runner (Classic)
8th Day Juggernaut
Any of the P5
Super Nova
Rulk (Classic)
etc......
Too many to list.

iceman24567
Taking on the avengers is a high Herald ft and one shotting Wonderman is a High Herald ft. What the hell are you talking about?

-Pr-
Originally posted by iceman24567
What the hell are you talking about?

I don't think even he knows.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by zopzop
Runner (Classic) no expression

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no expression Classic runner was a match physically for thanos No?

He also owned surfer physically iirc

8swords
Squirrel girl, nuff said

iceman24567
I don't think even he knows. Sounds like carv

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Classic runner was a match physically for thanos No?

He also owned surfer physically iirc Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
No

Colossus-Big C
Ok can you tell me were im wrong?

psycho gundam
all you can say is that he's strong enough to lock arms with oldschool surfer, and later he was "posing a threat" to thanos, though thanos was playing possum and thanos was never struck himself to prove he could be beaten to death

carver9
On that we disagree. Heavily.

And?

Me and you are two sides of a completely different coin...of course we would disagree majority of the time.

The reason I brought that up is because one of those statements is a lie. Two people can't be the most powerful on the planet.

zopzop
all you can say is that he's strong enough to lock arms with oldschool surfer, and later he was "posing a threat" to thanos, though thanos was playing possum and thanos was never struck himself to prove he could be beaten to death
He didn't "lock arms" with the Surfer. He physically overpowered him (prying his arms away from Runner's blast) while laughing in his face.

-Pr-
Me and you are two sides of a completely different coin...of course we would disagree majority of the time.

The reason I brought that up is because one of those statements is a lie. Two people can't be the most powerful on the planet.

I don't think I want to be on the same coin as you.

Or one is just lack of information.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by zopzop
He didn't "lock arms" with the Surfer. He physically overpowered him (prying his arms away from Runner's blast) while laughing in his face. so?

Colossus-Big C
so? So I was right when I said he physicall overpowerd surfer erm

carver9
I don't think I want to be on the same coin as you.

Or one is just lack of information.

Just deal with it Pr, we are on the same coin.

Which is lacking though? Didn't Apollo beat Superman in a fight during the reboot already?

-Pr-
Just deal with it Pr, we are on the same coin.

Which is lacking though? Didn't Apollo beat Superman in a fight during the reboot already?

Nope. Not ever.

No, he didn't. And you know this.

carver9
Nope. Not ever.

No, he didn't. And you know this.

I forgot...you said that was fan art. Ok, but going by fts, wouldn't you give Apollo the edge?

-Pr-
I forgot...you said that was fan art. Ok, but going by fts, wouldn't you give Apollo the edge?

Is there any reason why I should?

And the comic said it was fan art. In plain lettering.

DarkSaint85
Lol remember when you said aquaman stabbing darkseid was fan art? Good times.

carver9
Is there any reason why I should?

And the comic said it was fan art. In plain lettering.

Yes...looking at battles, Apollo had been looking more impressive and showing far more power imo.

-Pr-
Yes...looking at battles, Apollo had been looking more impressive and showing far more power imo.

I don't agree.

iceman24567
I don't agree. Nobody sane would agree with carvs assessment erm

ODG
Yes...looking at battles, Apollo had been looking more impressive and showing far more power imo. "Far more"?

JakeTheBank
Iron Fist.

ColossusGrundy
Me.......
I'm stronger than Superman.

I have 3 dimensions, unfair fight really.

Sin I AM
Going by feats there really isn't anybody who is physically stronger than superman if you looked at his entire history

PillarofOsiris
By feats you might be right. But based on his fights with certain people, he has clearly been overpowered (SBP as a good example).

Sin I AM
Yea I know but on paper based off what he's done majority of those listed can't compete without amping....IMO he really is the strongest there is

KuRuPT Thanosi

Pre-Reboot.. Hulk is the ONLY person stronger than superman? you jest?

-Pr-
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Pre-Reboot.. Hulk is the ONLY person stronger than superman? you jest?

No. In the herald/trans tier I'm talking about.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea I know but on paper based off what he's done majority of those listed can't compete without amping....IMO he really is the strongest there is Supes amps.

Estacado

thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
Supes amps.

Without amping

Diesldude
IMHO DC isn't tiered strength wise like marvel is. What you see in Marvel, Zeus did to WWH and what Odin does to Thor on a regular basis doesn't happen in DC. DC emphasizes more on physical traits while Marvel is more energy based. In DC everyone dukes it out. . Infinity Man, Darkseid, Superman, DD, hell even the source. And the top Dog is Superman. No one in comics is stronger than superman. If skyfather level beings from marvel were to invade dc, and decide to duke it out, they will have to get in line. IMO There is Superman and then there is everyone else.

DarkSaint85
I thought Zeus duked it out with Hulk?

Diesldude
Yeah and put him in his place. That wasn't his first choice of attack, he was goaded into a fist fight by wwh. But those where just my personal feelings.

Naija boy
Hulk, Thanos etc

deathlife
World Breaker Hulk
Darkseid (post reboot of course)
Kurse
Mangog

deathlife
Originally posted by Diesldude
IMHO DC isn't tiered strength wise like marvel is. What you see in Marvel, Zeus did to WWH and what Odin does to Thor on a regular basis doesn't happen in DC. DC emphasizes more on physical traits while Marvel is more energy based. In DC everyone dukes it out. . Infinity Man, Darkseid, Superman, DD, hell even the source. And the top Dog is Superman. No one in comics is stronger than superman. If skyfather level beings from marvel were to invade dc, and decide to duke it out, they will have to get in line. IMO There is Superman and then there is everyone else.

You mean until the re-boot.

Superman didn't seem to be Darkseid's equal in Justice League.

leonidas

thumb up

i MIGHT throw thanos in there, but he is by no means clearly stronger imo. he doesn't really fight prolonged h2h battles so it's a little hard to gauge exactly how strong he is.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would say Thanos is stronger than Superman... Leo is right that its hard to define because of Thanos's lack of lifting feats and prolonged h2h battles.. But I still believe Thanos to be stronger.

PillarofOsiris
I'd say Thanos is stronger.

Igniz
Quan would say Thanos is stronger.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9

Ignoring this craziness...

Captain Marvel is just as strong as Supes.
Adam is stronger imo.
Doomsday is stronger
Despero is stronger
Thor is a peer
Savag Hulk is stronger
Thanos is stronger.

The list goes on.

Diesldude
Ignoring this craziness...

Captain Marvel is just as strong as Supes.
Adam is stronger imo.
Doomsday is stronger
Despero is stronger
Thor is a peer
Savag Hulk is stronger
Thanos is stronger.

The list goes on.
FAIL... Wrong on every account. 0 fer, batting .000. Not even a good try. That's not even worthy of an LOL.

JakeTheBank
He's not wrong on all accounts. Some, but not all.

PillarofOsiris
He's basically only right about Doomsday (maybe), Despero and Thanos....And epicly wrong about the others.

JakeTheBank
The argument can definitely be made for Cap being equal, considering their direct contests of strength. Thor is a peer to Superman physically (not sure how one can disagree). I don't think Savage Hulk or Black Adam are stronger than Superman, though.

janus77
Savage Hulk is stronger than Thor, so if Thor and Superman are peers, Savage Hulk must be stronger than Supes too.

Is Count Nefaria stronger than supes?

Zack Fair
I don't think Thor is a peer to Superman. Don't care what you guys say uhuh

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by janus77
Savage Hulk is stronger than Thor, so if Thor and Superman are peers, Savage Hulk must be stronger than Supes too.

Is Count Nefaria stronger than supes?

ABC logic doesn't always work.

Superman is stronger than both of them.

By feats, no.

janus77
I think Zack Fair is the dyslexic son of Rick Flair big grin

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't think Thor is a peer to Superman. Don't care what you guys say uhuh

Only going by the comics, brah.

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
ABC logic doesn't always work.

Superman is stronger than both of them.

By feats, no.
not just "abc logic", but also comparison with Pre-C and Savage Hulk too.

Hulk's feats are pretty much there, punching through the timestream, ripping apart defences meant to guard against The Celestials ...

Physically, Savage Hulk > Superman.

PillarofOsiris

Hulk's feats are pretty much there, punching through the timestream, ripping apart defences meant to guard against The Celestials ...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/34/2008/10/shipment_of_fail.jpg

janus77
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/34/2008/10/shipment_of_fail.jpg
I knew I could count on you for some daily fail, but I don't inhale, I just watch, point and laugh smile

carver9

This is pretty much common sense. Savage Hulk IS stronger.

Zack Fair
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58424/1520781-950474_facepalm.jpg

quanchi112
Sentry, Hulk are both stronger.

Thanos is on an entirely different level of strength.

Superman is equal in strength to Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry, Hulk are both stronger.

I was going to be done with this thread but then I saw this nonsense. What feats would you say place Sentry above Superman in physical strength? I can't wait to hear this. (although I have to woner (great word) why I care what a guy who thinks Thanos solos a Celestial thinks).

Diesldude

PillarofOsiris
Nothing any version of the Hulk has ever done on panel makes me think that any of them are above a guy who lifted infinite weight multiple times. I will say that POSSIBLY, Hulk could POTENTIALLY get stronger than Superman after being madder than he's ever been before, and I'm not sure how he could even get madder than he's been.... But by the time that happened he'd be dead anyway if Superman wasn't holding back.

People want to keep bringing up Hulk's fight against PC Superman as some sort of evidence Post Crisis, Pre-reboot Superman (PCPR Superman) would get wrecked. That's fine. Hulk didn't budge a PC Superman who didn't want to hurt him. Now compare that to Superman's fights with SBP, and Kal-L.

carver9
Nothing any version of the Hulk has ever done on panel makes me think that any of them are above a guy who lifted infinite weight multiple times. I will say that POSSIBLY, Hulk could POTENTIALLY get stronger than Superman after being madder than he's ever been before, and I'm not sure how he could even get madder than he's been.... But by the time that happened he'd be dead anyway if Superman wasn't holding back.

People want to keep bringing up Hulk's fight against PC Superman as some sort of evidence Post Crisis, Pre-reboot Superman (PCPR Superman) would get wrecked. That's fine. Hulk didn't budge a PC Superman who didn't want to hurt him. Now compare that to Superman's fights with SBP, and Kal-L.

Ultraman soloed that same book. Wonder Woman lifted Spectre as well. Black Adam punched through Spectre. Based off of PURE strength fts, Hulk is stronger.

DarkSaint85
Than Ultraman?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Than Ultraman?

If you are basing off of that book ft only...then yes since the book is magical in nature and probably doesn't even weigh as much as people think it weighs.

Diesldude

I agree, just look at the ease superman grabbed that electronic device that was making hulk madder than he normally would have been.

That device was also making hulk unreasonably angry. Now tell me if that's not AMP .
Superman removed it with ease, if he wanted to kill him, he could have created a mixture of xray vision and heat vision to fry hulk's brains. he could have done anything, while an amped hulk was doing everything in his power but couldn't even BUDGE superman. I don't know how that's a good showing for the hulk. I guess a person is considered in the same class if he step in the ring with superman at the same time.

Zack Fair
Ultraman soloed that same book. Wonder Woman lifted Spectre as well. Black Adam punched through Spectre. Based off of PURE strength fts, Hulk is stronger.

http://www.pc-surgeon.net/images/cforum/smileys/SpockEyebrowLift.gif

carver9
I agree, just look at the ease superman grabbed that electronic device that was making hulk madder than he normally would have been.

That device was also making hulk unreasonably angry. Now tell me if that's not AMP .
Superman removed it with ease, if he wanted to kill him, he could have created a mixture of xray vision and heat vision to fry hulk's brains. he could have done anything, while an amped hulk was doing everything in his power but couldn't even BUDGE superman. I don't know how that's a good showing for the hulk. I guess a person is considered in the same class if he step in the ring with superman at the same time.

Are you using the same comic where Superman got the wind knocked out of him by just ramming Hulk chest. The same comic where Hulk flexed and threw Superman out in space? WTF

thanos-prime
Hulk
Sentry
Kurse
Thanos
Despero
Mangog
Citizen steel
SBP
KC superman

Diesldude
The one where he had his hands on his hip and let an amped hulk pound away? Then used his supers peed to grab the device that was was enraging the hulk without the hulk even noticing. Superman wasn't fighting the hulk, at first he underestimated him, but when he got serious, the hulk couldn't do squat. But that's another story. Hulk has potential to reach superman, but i don't think it's humanly possible. Hulk will need special circumstances and an outside amp just to have a chance.

carver9
The one where he had his hands on his hip and let an amped hulk pound away? Then used his supers peed to grab the device that was was enraging the hulk without the hulk even noticing. Superman wasn't fighting the hulk, at first he underestimated him, but when he got serious, the hulk couldn't do squat. But that's another story. Hulk has potential to reach superman, but i don't think it's humanly possible. Hulk will need special circumstances and an outside amp just to have a chance.

That was Precrisis Superman and he got Flash koed by that same Hulk.

Diesldude
You mean like nul was ko'd by Thor?

carver9
You mean like nul was ko'd by Thor?

Nul body didn't go limp and we are not talking about Nul, we are talking about Hulk. I don't even get why you bring up crossovers when it goes against everything you are trying to prove. Just stop.

h1a8
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Hulk
Sentry
Kurse
Thanos
Despero
Mangog
Citizen steel
SBP
KC superman

Depends on which Hulk
Depends on which Sentry
Kurse NO
Despero Maybe
Mangog NO, he is durable as hell but not even strong enough to ko Thor after hundreds of hits.
Citizen steel, what are his feats?
SBP Yes
KC Superman Maybe

Igniz
Blackheart shifty

Colossus-Big C

People want to keep bringing up Hulk's fight against PC Superman as some sort of evidence Post Crisis, Pre-reboot Superman (PCPR Superman) would get wrecked. That's fine. Hulk didn't budge a PC Superman who didn't want to hurt him. Now compare that to Superman's fights with SBP, and Kal-L. The Omnipotent Beyonder was the one who scanned hulk and said his strength had limitless potential

Colossus-Big C

Colossus-Big C
The writer made it seem obvious that givin enough time, hulk would of eventually reached pc supermans strength level in that comic. How much Time would it have take hulk? I have no idea.

Diesldude
I only mentioned the cross over because it was brought up, carver wanted to pursue it further, but i rather not get a warning so I stopped. But to answer your question, the hulk was getting stronger because the device was making hulk angrier/madder and I considered that an AMP.

bluewaterrider
I only mentioned the cross over because it was brought up, carver wanted to pursue it further, but i rather not get a warning so I stopped. But to answer your question, the hulk was getting stronger because the device was making hulk angrier/madder and I considered that an AMP.

Wow. Never realized such a different perspective could exist, let alone that I would read it here.

I considered Hulk getting angrier and more frustrated because that unit consistently kept making noise, yes, but Hulk, who thought SUPERMAN was responsible for that noise, was getting upset about not being able to knock Superman out/away/etc thus getting rid of that noise. Insults to Hulk's strength, intentional or not, historically tend to make him madder.

JakeTheBank
That device also didn't alter his body chemistry to make him more susceptible to anger or boost his strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.