Smartest High Herald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Who would you say is the most intelligent top tier between Marvel and DC?

Harbinger
Supes has some pretty damn nice feats. Didn't he recreate the Miracle Machine during FC?

Zack Fair
My vote goes to Supes as well, but I'm eager to learn what other heralds have done.

pym-ftw
Ultron

dmills
Supes. Phantom Zone arrows and shyte.

MF DELPH
Hmm...

I'd say Mr. Majestic (if he's considered High Herald). He has Superman's thinking speed, plus is a bonafide super scientist/super genius. He's basically Supes with a splash of Dr. Doom anyway.

Golgo13
Orion created the Genesis Box that restarted the universe. Majestic and Superman are up there as well.

ODG
^ That was an Elseworlds Orion.

Golgo13
When did it say an Elseworld's Orion?

ODG
^ Genesis Box only showed up in an alternate future, built by an alternate Orion.

Golgo13
Seeing as tech is an extension of the New Gods, I'm assuming Orion can do it again. Our Orion did build a Mother Box as well.

ODG
Originally posted by Golgo13
Seeing as tech is an extension of the New Gods, I'm assuming Orion can do it again. Our Orion did build a Mother Box as well. Orion hasn't done it. The alternate reality Orion only did it after being depowered and after that reality's Darkseid ruined everything. We have no idea what help he had or what resources he had access to.

It's why we don't assume Reed Richards can build a canon capable of defeating every Abstract including the Living Tribunal. Because he hasn't. An alternate reality one did.

Non-canon feats are irrelevant.

Golgo13
He's built other tech in regular universe, so he should be mentioned here.

ODG
^ So long as it's for feats he's actually performed.

But I don't think being able to build a Mother Box (something Himon invented) ranks up there. It's like putting Black Panther on Doom's level of genius because he managed to construct a Power Cosmic Siphon Harness. For that matter, Mr. Miracle was also taught how to build a Mother Box by Himon.

Colossus-Big C
Black Adam should be top 5

ODG
over

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
jawdrop

DarkSaint85

BANG! Out of left-field, Big C smashes it.

For dumbest post ever.

I think for some characters, their fans reflect their intelligence....

In any case, my vote's for Supes or Majestic. Although, if you consider that Nova Prime wouldn't be Prime without Worldmind....

janus77
Professor Hulk

Galan007
Superman built a Miracle Machine from scratch. That's pretty much as good as it gets.

-Pr-

lol no.

----

In terms of analytical thinking and comprehension, Superman imo. He's a pure genius, which only bolsters his mental abilities.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman built a Miracle Machine from scratch. That's pretty much as good as it gets. Didn't he do it from memorizing all the specs?

iceman24567
Eh its not like Superman had nothing to go on he memorized the schematics also he had other genius' helping him build certain parts Sivana and Luther

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't he do it from memorizing all the specs? mindset for the win
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/hug-2.gif

Mindset
Lol, I love that ep.

carver9
Superman

Galan007
Downplaying ftw?

In a matter of seconds (literally) Supes memorized absolutely every component of the miracle machine, just by looking at one. He then used that knowledge to draft up a blueprint of the MM, and went on to construct one of his own.

Anyway you look at it, that feat certainly falls under the "smart" category.

Mindset
Downplaying ftw?

In a matter of seconds (literally) Supes memorized absolutely every component of the miracle machine, just by looking at one. He then used that knowledge to draft up a blueprint of the MM, and went on to construct one of his own.

Anyway you look at it, that feat certainly falls under the "smart" category. It's not downplaying, Bart could do the same thing.

Also, I nominate Bart.

Tony Stark
Reed Richards hands down

CosmicComet
Downplaying ftw?

Anyway you look at it, that feat certainly falls under the "smart" category.

A few seconds is a VERY long time to superman.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Reed Richards hands down

The Archenemy of all that is good in the world isn't a high herald.

Mindset
I memorized my Chinese restaurants take out menu in seconds.

I'm a genius.

Galan007
It's not downplaying, Bart could do the same thing.

Also, I nominate Bart. Bart does not possess x-ray vision, so I doubt that.

...He's also never memorized anything nearly as complex. He is, however, a good choice nonetheless.

Galan007
Originally posted by CosmicComet
A few seconds is a VERY long time to superman. In that situation, it wasn't.

Either way, the dude memorized every single component contained within a thought-powered device capable of granting any wish imaginable--a device capable of rebooting the multiverse. The downplaying here is unbelievable.

Mindset
Bart does not possess x-ray vision, so I doubt that.

...He's also never memorized anything nearly as complex. He is, however, a good choice nonetheless. OK, Bart with x-ray vision.

The complexity is irrelevant. Photographic memory and super speed and you could replicate the Superman feat.

Galan007
lol, you people are acting like he built an iphone or somesuch.

*sighs*

abhilegend
Superman.

CosmicComet
In that situation, it wasn't.

Fundamentally, it had to have been.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have had the reflexes to even build the machine that fast if actual seconds felt to him like they do to us.

It's just like Hal said to Barry in New 52. He said Barry could fix up the city in seconds. And Barry replied that to Hal it would be seconds, to himself, it would feel like hours.

Galan007
^ Superman can simply process/store information THAT fast. Nothing more/less.

abhilegend
Fundamentally, it had to have been.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have had the reflexes to even build the machine that fast if actual seconds felt to him like they do to us.

It's just like Hal said to Barry in New 52. He said Barry could fix up the city in seconds. And Barry replied that to Hal it would be seconds, to himself, it would feel like hours.
He was talking to brainiac 5 at normal speed, in fact brainy said him to hurry.

Mindset
lol, you people are acting like he built an iphone or somesuch.

*sighs* There's no difference.

Galan007
Dumb comment, tbh.

Mindset
Dumb comment, tbh. Agreed.

I've already forgiven you for it.

abhilegend
Dumb comment, tbh.
Its mindset.

CosmicComet
^ Superman can simply process/store information THAT fast. Nothing more/less.

Doing it in seconds is not impressive.

For Tony Stark, it would be very impressive.

For Superman, that's laborious.

He can't have the super-reflexes to build the machine that quickly AND be slow enough for seconds to actually feel like a short amount of time.

That fundamentally cannot work.

If seconds felt like seconds to him in that instance, then he wouldn't have had the perception speed to even control/process his physical actions properly, let alone build a very complex machine.

Galan007
Agreed.

I've already forgiven you for it. Ty.

Galan007

He can't have the super-reflexes to build the machine that quickly AND be slow enough for seconds to actually feel like a short amount of time.

That fundamentally cannot work. WTH are you talking about?

iceman24567

I'm a genius.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Yup.gif

abhilegend

That fundamentally cannot work.

If seconds felt like seconds to him, then he wouldn't have had the perception speed to even control his actions properly, let alone build a very complex machine.
It was done at normal speed.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7245/smart1i.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its mindset. We thought you had a brain tumor, turns out it was Superman's cock coming up from your anus.

And you're done.

JakeTheBank
lol

psycho gundam
Originally posted by iceman24567
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Yup.gif this gif sucks, btw

CosmicComet
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this gif sucks, btw

phuck you

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this gif sucks, btw Phuck you that ostrich is boss

abhilegend
We thought you had a brain tumor, turns out it was Superman's cock coming up from your anus.

And you're done.
Touche. Kyle and doom didn't penetrate you today?

iceman24567
Touche. Kyle and doom didn't penetrate you today?
So much hostility all around we are like annoyed siblings laughing

Mindset
Touche. Kyle and doom didn't penetrate you today? You can do better.

Maybe.

CosmicComet
It was done at normal speed.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7245/smart1i.jpg

He analyzed the machine with his super perception speed.

Meaning his view of time could NOT have been normal fundamentally.

It's not that impressive. Seconds are a long time to superman. This is the truth in all cases--whether in feats of intelligence, or physical feats.

JakeTheBank
Let the hate flow through you!

abhilegend
You can do better.

Maybe.
So its true. My condolences, maybe tomorrow you can get lucky.

Mindset
I guess not.

abhilegend

It's not that impressive. Seconds are a long time to superman. This is the truth in all cases--whether in feats of intelligence, or physical feats.
He was talking to brainy at normal speed. Unlike flashes he doesn't always remains in superspeed.

iceman24567

iirc he didn't even memorize the whole thing i have the shit comic but im to lazy to look for it

abhilegend
I guess not.
That's all you got? Shame.

Mindset
That's all you got? Shame. I already destroyed you in one joke.

Walk away in shame.

abhilegend
Originally posted by iceman24567
iirc he didn't even memorize the whole thing i have the shit comic but im to lazy to look for it
He did.

abhilegend
I already destroyed you in one joke.

Walk away in shame.
That's all you got? Shame.

Dream Stuff

Maybe Chinese take out menus are shorter where you're from, because that actually sounds kind of impressive.

I've got one in my hand right now. It's four pages long and mostly comprised of words I don't recognize. I've ordered from it several times, yet I'm certain I could not recreate it identically with even dozens of attempts.

DarkSaint85
Did he understand how it worked as well then?

GL Kyle has created weird tech before - he didn't understand how it works, merely that it did.

Mindset
Superman has super speed and a photographic memory.

He's sub par.

CosmicComet
He was talking to brainy at normal speed. Unlike flashes he doesn't always remains in superspeed.

That's not how it works.

If that's how it worked, he would never be able to stop a surprise shooting in a crowd, because if he was truly operating at human speeds, by the time he decided to 'up' his perception speed in order to bullet time, a few people would already have been shot.

He does superspeeds and human speeds both at the same time--somehow. He can simply turn himself up to be dominant in the superspeed department if he chooses to.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Maybe Chinese take out menus are shorter where you're from, because that actually sounds kind of impressive.

I've got one in my hand right now. It's four pages long and mostly comprised of words I don't recognize. I've ordered from it several times, yet I'm certain I could not recreate it identically with even dozens of attempts. I have a photographic memory.

abhilegend
That's not how it works.

If that's how it worked, he would never be able to stop a surprise shooting in a crowd, because if he was truly operating at human speeds, by the time he decided to 'up' his perception speed in order to bullet time, a few people would already have been shot.

He does superspeeds and human speeds both at the same time--somehow. He can simply turn himself up to be dominant in the superspeed department if he chooses to.
Nope. That's how his superspeed works. He has to consciously use it.

celeyhyga17
Mr. Majestic easy...

CosmicComet
Nope. That's how his superspeed works. He has to consciously use it.

No.

Otherwise he would never have the time to go from human speeds to bullet timing speeds in a surprise situation where guns are already fired.

Literally by the time he would have to take to think 'super speed on', people would have already been shot. Why?

Because the human speed of thought is very, phucking, slow. It takes a lot longer for neurons to fire to form a single thought than it takes for a bullet to reach its target from 10 feet away.

His Super speed is always on. He can simply make it take full control of all of his perceptions consciously when he has to. But its always running on standby.

abhilegend
No.

Otherwise he would never have the time to go from human speeds to bullet timing speeds in a surprise situation where guns are already fired.

Literally by the time he would have to take to think 'super speed on', people would have already been shot. Why?

Because the human speed of thought is very, phucking, slow. It takes a lot longer for neurons to fire to form a single thought than it takes for a bullet to reach its target from 10 feet away.

His Super speed is always on. He can simply make it take full control of all of his perceptions consciously when he has to. But its always running on standby.
His bodily reaction time is consciously controlled by his mind which operates on a faster than nanosecond level. All he needs is to think about speeding up and its done.

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/6440723_06.jpg

Initially he couldn't even see barry, then he speeded up his perceptions and saw him.

DarkSaint85

His bodily reaction time is consciously controlled by his mind which operates on a faster than nanosecond level. All he needs is to think about speeding up and its done.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What's wrong with that? I'm not saying that his brain always remains at nanosecond level but its capable of going at that level so fast that no time delay can be noticed.

CosmicComet

Which is another way of saying his speed of thought is always even subconsciously fast. Just as I said.

Because he can't think at humans speeds to go "super speed on", while a bullet is fired at someone from ten feet away. Because by the time that thought is even complete, the person has already been shot and its too late.

There's literally no way else for this to work than what I said, and that's what the feats show. human speed of thought can literally be measured in the double digit miles per hour. that's slow.

DarkSaint85
Ok I think I get you now.

Cosmic is arguing his speed is always superfast.

You're arguing that its not, but in fact, its the fact he has superfast acceleration and he can easily hit top speeds.

I get ya. One argument is that he's always pootling along at 60mph, you're saying he's actually at 10mph, but can accelerate to 60mph so quickly it may as well be instantaneous.

CosmicComet
I'm not talking about acceleration or anything like that.

Just perception and thought speed.

Superman can't slow himself down to simply being human speeds and then save people from bullets in the same scene. That just can't work.

Obviously, he can make his super perception speed take over and make everything a statue, but he also needs to reign that in so everyday life isn't maddeningly boring.

But he also can't turn his super perception speed off completely because its subconscious, and if he ever did, well, people would get shot while he's just a few feet in away 'human speed mind' mode all the time. But when does that ever happen?

abhilegend
Which is another way of saying his speed of thought is always even subconsciously fast. Just as I said.

Because he can't think at humans speeds to go "super speed on", while a bullet is fired at someone from ten feet away. Because by the time that thought is even complete, the person has already been shot and its too late.

There's literally no way else for this to work than what I said, and that's what the feats show. human speed of thought can literally be measured in the double digit miles per hour. that's slow.
Not exactly. He doesn't always remains in superspeed, not even Flash can do it. Its not hard to understandOriginally posted by DarkSaint85
Ok I think I get you now.

Cosmic is arguing his speed is always superfast.

You're arguing that its not, but in fact, its the fact he has superfast acceleration and he can easily hit top speeds.

I get ya. One argument is that he's always pootling along at 60mph, you're saying he's actually at 10mph, but can accelerate to 60mph so quickly it may as well be instantaneous.
Exactly.

CosmicComet
No.

He can't 'accelerate' his speed of thought quickly and somehow still 'not' be in super speed thought.

That's a contradiction.

Again, you're argument is basically admitting that he never acts at human perception speeds because his mind is always fast enough.

If it wasn't fast enough, then obviously, people would be getting shot on his watch all the time while he's simply in 'clark kent' mode.

It's simple. He can simply view the world at both speeds at default--kinda like a Worldmind controlled Centurion--but is able to make his superspeed vision take precendence when he has to, again, just like the latter.

abhilegend
No.

He can't 'accelerate' his speed of thought quickly and somehow still 'not' be in super speed thought.

That's a contradiction.

Again, you're argument is basically admitting that he never acts at human perception speeds because his mind is always fast enough.

If it wasn't fast enough, then obviously, people would be getting shot on his watch all the time while he's simply in 'clark kent' mode.

It's simple. He can simply view the world at both speeds at default--kinda like a Worldmind controlled Centurion--but is able to make his superspeed vision take precendence when he has to, again, just like the latter.

Actually it has happened in the past where he was in "clark kent" mode and wasn't fast enough to prevent people from getting shot because he was in normal speed mode. Your arguing that he always remains in speed mode makes no sense either in comics or in real world.

DarkSaint85
So we all agree Clark is fast, yes?

CosmicComet
Actually it has happened in the past where he was in "clark kent" mode and wasn't fast enough to prevent people from getting shot because he was in normal speed mode.

Full scans in context. Right now.

Because that's not how it worked whenever Mark Waid wrote him in recent times.

And he also wrote the new Nova Prime the say way recently.

You certainly can't be serious here.

No, in fact, what I'm arguing is exactly based on how it would have to work in the real world. And I can link to Mark Waid's explanation on the matter to help you understand how simple this contradiction you're displaying is.

Human speed of thought is slow. Again. By the time it would take someone to think 'turn super speed reflexes on' in a situation where a gun is fired, by the time 'super speed mode' is turned on, it's already too phucking late.

Human speed of thought is a lot slower than a bullet. Thousands of times too slow.

For Superman to be able to bullet time in situations where he's still interacting with humans just moments before means nothing other than what I've been saying this hole time; subconsciously, he's ALWAYS super fast. Otherwise he would never have the time to help anyone. He can simply turn his predominance of super speed up when its called for it, but he can't ever turn it 'off'. There is no recourse but to reason that through psionics he is able to view the world through two speeds at once, maybe one side of the brain/ eye is super fast and the other is human speed--(like again, Mark Waid explained with Nova)

To say he can someohow 'think superfast' to bullet time is nothing but a contradiction, because, well, you have to be in 'super fast mode' period to think 'super fast' period.

The conversation thus far;

'he doesn't always think at super speeds'

ok, then how does he bullet time when he's interacting like a normal human among groups?

'he thinks at super speed'

Contradiction. Unless, you concede to what I said, in that he does both at the same time, but the superspeed one is always at least subconsciously on.

Mshinu
Magneto

abhilegend
Full scans in context. Right now.

Because that's not how it worked whenever Mark Waid wrote him in recent times.

And he also wrote the new Nova Prime the say way recently.

You certainly can't be serious here.

No, in fact, what I'm arguing is exactly based on how it would have to work in the real world. And I can link to Mark Waid's explanation on the matter to help you understand how simple this contradiction you're displaying is.

Human speed of thought is slow. Again. By the time it would take someone to think 'turn super speed reflexes on' in a situation where a gun is fired, by the time 'super speed mode' is turned on, it's already too phucking late.

Human speed of thought is a lot slower than a bullet. Thousands of times too slow.

For Superman to be able to bullet time in situations where he's still interacting with humans just moments before means nothing other than what I've been saying this hole time; subconsciously, he's ALWAYS super fast. Otherwise he would never have the time to help anyone. He can simply turn his predominance of super speed up when its called for it, but he can't ever turn it 'off'. There is no recourse but to reason that through psionics he is able to view the world through two speeds at once, maybe one side of the brain/ eye is super fast and the other is human speed--(like again, Mark Waid explained with Nova)

To say he can someohow 'think superfast' to bullet time is nothing but a contradiction, because, well, you have to be in 'super fast mode' period to think 'super fast' period.

The conversation thus far;

'he doesn't always think at super speeds'

ok, then how does he bullet time when he's interacting like a normal human among groups?

'he thinks at super speed'

Contradiction. Unless, you concede to what I said, in that he does both at the same time, but the superspeed one is always at least subconsciously on.
I'd have to go check my comics which I'm too lazy to do right now. I would have to agree to disagree to you upon it. I'm done arguing upon this pointless topic anyway.

CosmicComet
Might as well get back on topic and say, the answer to this thread,

is Superman.

abhilegend

is Superman.
Yeah he is the smartest high herald, no doubt about it.

carver9
Abhi could have easily posted the scan of him and Flash at the table and Superman speed his perception up again to keep up with Flash.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Abhi could have easily posted the scan of him and Flash at the table and Superman speed his perception up again to keep up with Flash.
I don't want to embarrass CC. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Superman speeding up his perceptions =/= Superman speeding up his perceptions from standard human level.

Mindset

is Superman. Nope.

Lord Feron
In the strictest sense of the word intelligent, Superman, Silver Surfer, Flash (the smartest one whichever you guys think it is).

golem370
How about Michael Korvac

the Darkone
No typical order

Superman
Mr Majestic
Lobo
Adam Warlock IG saga
Franklin Richards Adult

CosmicComet
Originally posted by carver9

Carver not even reading.

Can't even smh at this, because you always let me down.

sneer

zeel
superman and majestic

Mindset
Hulk.

Mindset
Galactus at herald level.

pym-ftw
Graviton, Magneto, Sinister, Ronan, and ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.