If you were in charge.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

of remaking the original trilogy, who would you cast in the following roles?

Luke
Leia
Han
Obi Wan
Lando
Vader
Tarken
Chewie

Just for fun. Please feel free to add other characters to the list.

JediRobin23
Hard to change any of the OT cast.

However, I would change the entire Prequel Trilogy cast except for Ewan Mcgregor, Liam Neeson, and Ian Mcdiarmid (character voices not included)

General G
I'm still happy with Natalie Portman. I wouldn't mind her re-doing a few scenes being I'm sure she could do some of them better now, but she's still fine for me in the PT, as is Maul. Other than that, I could totally see everyone else re-cast minus the characters you mentioned.

KingD19
Lee was great as Dooku, as was Sam Jackson as Windu.

Jango was good, a lot of the people were good. The one person I would really change is Anakin. Maybe someone like Jonathan Rhys Meyers; someone who can act.

General G
Originally posted by KingD19
Lee was great as Dooku, as was Sam Jackson as Windu.

Jango was good, a lot of the people were good. The one person I would really change is Anakin. Maybe someone like Jonathan Rhys Meyers; someone who can act.

Yes, I forgot about Lee somehow. Her was really good as Dooku, but Sam Jackson was not great as Windu, in my opinion, especially in TPM and 80% of AotC. He got decent at the end of AotC and was alright in RotS. He could still be replaced in my books.

I could have been more pleased with Shmi Skywalker, like every pilot in TPM, Jango's son should have his scenes re-done.

That's what I can come up with at the moment.

JediRobin23
I agree. Didn't need to put Samuel L Jackson in the movies. Hes too well known.

queeq
So is Lee, but for some reason it works for him. As it did for Cushing and Guinness. It kinda fits the tradition.

General G
I have no issue with characters being well known as long as they can act decently and do a good job. Sam Jackson just didn't do it for me as Windu.

queeq
Nope.

General G
Look at us agreeing all the time now.

queeq
Just for now. wink

Salthasha
luke = Aidan Turner
Leia = Meagan Fox
Obi Wan=Pearce Brosnon
Han Solo=Josh brolin
Lando Calrissian= Orlando Jones
Vader= Anyone in a suit use the voice over
Tarken=Bill Nighy
Chewie= Some tall dude in a really hot carpet
Boba Fett= Some dude in a really cool climate controlled suit
Emperor Palpatine=Guy Pearce

JediRobin23
who are all those?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by JediRobin23
who are all those? Seriously? Those are some big names.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Seriously? Those are some big names.

Yes, seriously. I've know who Pierce Bronsnon is and meagon fox only cause of transformers. I dont care to google the others

Lord Lucien
You don't know who Josh Brolin, Guy Pearce or Bill Nighy is? Tell me where this rock is that you live under, cuz it must be huge.

JediRobin23
nope, sorry

queeq
laughing out loud

Originally posted by Salthasha
luke = Aidan Turner
Leia = Meagan Fox
Obi Wan=Pearce Brosnon
Han Solo=Josh brolin
Lando Calrissian= Orlando Jones
Vader= Anyone in a suit use the voice over
Tarken=Bill Nighy
Chewie= Some tall dude in a really hot carpet
Boba Fett= Some dude in a really cool climate controlled suit
Emperor Palpatine=Guy Pearce

Interesting selections. I especially like the idea of Brolin as Solo.

queeq

KyleAP
I wouldn't change a thing about the original trilogy we got (Unaltered, before special editions). The only exception would be to replace the ewoks in return of the jedi with a technologically limited species that could more believably beat the stormtroopers, and beef up the Return of the Jedi story a just a little more (With regards to story strength and emotional depth)

Lord Lucien
Yeah, as iconic as they've become, I inwardly sigh at the Ewoks' existence. Blame the production process, but it's still a silly part of the series. If they had actually gone with Wookiees as first conceived, it'd be much more believable. But I think the Christmas Special helped dash those plans.

KyleAP
Yeah, as iconic as they've become, I inwardly sigh at the Ewoks' existence. Blame the production process, but it's still a silly part of the series. If they had actually gone with Wookiees as first conceived, it'd be much more believable. But I think the Christmas Special helped dash those plans.

I dunno, if wookies had been in it and kicked the shit out of stormtroopers and helped saved the day, it probably would have redeemed them from the holiday Special farce.
It might have had something to do with the fact wookies would have cost more as to why George decided to go for a bunch of teddy bears as the force that defeated "the best troops" of the empire

queeq
I never got George's objection to using Wookiees. Just because they'd be a primitive kind of species, why is it impossible for one or two Wookiees that through slavery wound up in a more technological environment and prosper there. It seems like George equals intelligence with a primitive society. It'd be like saying a Masai from a very traditional village can never learn to use a computer. Sometimes George can be a little dense.

So yes, Wookiees would have been much better. And a cuddly wookiee toy would certainly have sold, I am sure of that.

red8
Wookies would have been fine. I would have liked more rebels though.

queeq
And a more convincing version of the Emperor's "entire legion of my best troops".

Lord Lucien
A more convincing army of Imperial troops in general. For the newest special edition, I'm thinking they should digitally re-film the entire trilogy using Final Fantasy's CGI. We'll be wowed and creeped out at the same time.

queeq

Shakyamunison
...We'll be wowed and creeped out at the same time.

hysterical

Lord Lucien
See this is why I should be in charge of more things.

queeq
Maybe in ten years or so. wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by queeq
Maybe in ten years or so. wink

Is the world coming to an end is ten years?

Ace Hambone
Luke..... role the dice an another 'unknown actor'!

Leia..... Ellen Page

Han..... Nathan Fillion (would that be weird?), Will Smith (would that require a white Lando? See below...)

Lando..... Jamie Fox, Brad Pitt

Obi Wan..... Liam Neeson (would have to replace him in ep1), Ken Watanabe, Chun Yow Fat, Ian McKellan

Chewie..... Shaq

Tarkin..... John Malkovich

Lord Lucien
"Princess Leia. You are not, enunciating enough. Tell me, please, where might I find the location of this thing that you call a "base"? Hmm?

Ace Hambone
"Princess Leia. You are not, enunciating enough. Tell me, please, where might I find the location of this thing that you call a "base"? Hmm?

laughing

meep-meep
Anthony Hopkins would be an uber Palpatine.

queeq
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Is the world coming to an end is ten years?

It will if Lucien gets in charge.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by queeq
It will if Lucien gets in charge. yes

Neglect, man. Sheer neglect.

queeq
Well, better shape up then. wink

overlold
if I were in charge, they're would be 20 more SW movies on schedule.

queeq
Who says there aren't?

Lord Lucien
http://img.pandawhale.com/44848-keanu-reeves-whoa-gif-nOup.jpeg

queeq
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

queeq
Errr...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.