actors payments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Augeybana
Okay Van Diesle is a good actor but for he's work on Pitch the chronicles of riddick he's is supposed to get 14 million a piece and some of the box office sales.He's a good director but c'mon he isn't no Tom Hanks.Do you guys think some actors(not all) get paid thinking there the best.

Corran
I think a lot of actors get paid far too much at the upper end of the scale, which means those at the lower end and the extras get paid a pittance, there should be mroe even distribution of money, 14 Million, now if Van Diesel had taken 5 mill then the other actors could have been paid better, a movie making communist state is what is required here.

BackFire349
vin diesel is NOT a good actor.

desilu
i agree i refuse to watch XXX or the fAst and the Furious because of diesel, but i do wanna see his new movie A Man Apart. he seems way too cocky.

Augeybana
He tries to play a concern action cop in man apart he's just a action star that all he can do.

finti
Actors get paid too much, I aint including Vin Diesel he just a body to show cause as an actor he is SO BAD it is funny to watch

BackFire349
its funny, yet sad to watch him at the same time.

Augeybana
I see in the near future on my crystal ball that he'll be in a all comedy movie

Thomas H
well, Van Damme is so bad its funny to watch...but God Dam...dont give that idiot money...he should pay people to see his movies!!!

And to answer the question yes actors get to much...Arnold is getting 30 million to act in T3...30 million is the budget for a normal action film...(a blockbuster has about 50-100 million)

Ushgarak
Actors get paid that much by simple rating of demand. People want to see certain actors so much that they are able to command such fees to get an appearance in film- after all, it is obvious enough that the people MAKING the movies would rather not spend most of their budget just to get the actors.

It is the cult of the celebrity that creates this situation and that, ultimately, is the fault of the people.

Augeybana
Yes many of the movies problems that people hate most about are due to the people who watch movies.Directors probaly think Van Diesle God because most of us watch XXX to many times.

ToMacco
Producers will pay out any amount, as long as they know a name will sell the movie.

Right now Tom Hanks is the only highly paid actor who is worth a damn. He's worth every penny. In all of his movies in the last ten years, he's given a complete bi-polar performance of his last character.

God damnit, Tom Hanks is good, isn't he? Wait, what were we talking about again?

Tex
Yeah, but you have to remeber that an actor has to give large percentages of their pay to Agents, Managers etc.
Infact they did a little bit about this on ET a while back, they said that julia Roberts who gets paid 20 million a picture, will only pocket 5 million after she's paid everybody off and her taxes.

Corran
Oh right, I didn't realise, if she is only pocketing 5 Mill then that seems fair then.

Thomas H
hanks is one heck of a superb actor!

edwinian
Its too bad that they don't realize that we are not watching it for the acting!!!

ToMacco
Hmm, that brings up a good question. Just WHY do you watch XXX? It can't be for entertainment!

Thomas H
well, why do you watch movies....FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT:....even with Van Damme!

ToMacco
I watch movies to escape from the horrible realities of this world. God, that's depressing.

Corran
I drink for the same reason.

Thomas H
man we are a weird crew....I drink to get drunk and I see movies to get entertained I masterbuate for one simpel reason...I got nothing to do on my spare time....big grin

Corran
OK Thomas, so moving on swiftly if I was an actor I would only want 1 mill per pic.

Anyone notice the subtyle change of subject?

Thomas H
Mel, is worth what he gets paid!

ToMacco
Mel Gibson?

Corran
Mel brooks.

Thomas H
yes tomoacco...gibson...

Tex
Considering that her movie can easily bring in a billion dollars worth of total revenue, 5 million aint that badstick out tongue

Thorinn
Wow 3 years dead ad now revived.

Tv actors make ridiculous money IMO.

Impediment
I agree.

Augeybana
Wow it's been 3 years since I started this post.But yeah $29 million for Reese Witherspoon new movieBullsh*t.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.