DCnU Wonder Woman Vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Current Tony

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113945/2478092-ww_sl_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51983/2474411-siege_01015_016_2_large.jpg

Lord Feron
Just curious, would the lasso work on IM? he got like a outer shell on him...

DarkSaint85
Can't see why not; otherwise, people like Superman would be fine.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Can't see why not; otherwise, people like Superman would be fine.

HUH? IM has a suit of armor that he is in. He is encased in a material so the lasso would never make contact with him.

I'm not talking about just clothes or supes Bio aura shit.

Not saying it's exactly the same but this example should help you understand what I mean. If i was driving a car and then WW wrapped a lasso around it, would she be able to control me the driver inside?

Cogito
It should still work.

WW wins. She just shattered Hal's shield construct like it was tissue paper, and all his pre-reboot feats remain canon to him so that's damn impressive

nwg202
Can this wonder woman fly now?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Cogito
It should still work.

WW wins. She just shattered Hal's shield construct like it was tissue paper, and all his pre-reboot feats remain canon to him so that's damn impressive

Huh his pre-reboot feats remain canon? How? (i believe wonder woman could bust open IM as well, also she has that sword she carries with her)

Q99
GL still got reboot. I mean, less so than the others in that it follows on old plotlines, but this Hal got started just a few years ago and is a fair bit more rookie.

abhilegend
Tony wins.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man could give pre-reboot Diana a fight, tbh. She'd likely win in the end, but Tony would hang in there.

Odekahn
WW roflstomps

carver9
Ironman wins. Did Diana and Superman fight yet? It's bound to happen.

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9

Naw, but they've have sex already.

Odekahn

I think Tony and Cyborg would be a good matchup, but WW is just too much. She wrecked Hal. And the few hits he actually got in were only seen on a tv and while being teleported.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Cogito
It should still work.

thumb up The lasso probably will work and while Iron Man has a fighting chance due to his sheer amount of options and smart use of strategy - I don't see him winning the majority. In a featureless environment and simply brawling - he loses. He only wins when he fights smarter than her.

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
I think Tony and Cyborg would be a good matchup, but WW is just too much. She wrecked Hal. And the few hits he actually got in were only seen on a tv and while being teleported.

Hal constructs has been getting shattered left and right. I'm not impressed. Based on Ironman fts alone against high tier beings that have fts of highier caliber, Ironman wins.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by SquallX
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2071746_o.gif

Q99

Not fight, but during the Hal fight she did kick him and send him flying.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Not fight, but during the Hal fight she did kick him and send him flying.

Do you have scans of the Hal fight? Can't wait until she gets more fts.

Q99
The Superman kick you can see in the op, and here is a post with more of it (but not the whole thing). Including seeing the effects of the Superman kick.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
The Superman kick you can see in the op, and here is a post with more of it (but not the whole thing). Including seeing the effects of the Superman kick.

Ok, change of vote...Diana wins.

Zack Fair
"This isn't giving me any pleasure. But I'm sure you've heard that before"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dmzpGeY31ryc527o2_500.gif

Tony Stark
Originally posted by abhilegend
Tony wins.

yes

srankmissingnin
I stopped reading JLA on account of it's terrible, but based on the Wonder Woman solo (which is awesome), Tony would win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I stopped reading JLA on account of it's terrible, but based on the Wonder Woman solo (which is awesome), Tony would win.
Yeah even though its great, WW doesn't have a single feat worth mentioning in her own book after 11 issues.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah even though its great, WW doesn't have a single feat worth mentioning in her own book after 11 issues.

Yeah, the story is great, but there is no real material there to use in versus matches. Which is a very minor complaint since ideally we are reading for great stories which the book has in spades.

abhilegend
Yeah, the story is great, but there is no real material there to use in versus matches. Which is a very minor complaint since ideally we are reading for great stories which the book has in spades.
Yeah, give me great stories over featfests any time. Both action comics and WW are knocking it out of the park for me.

srankmissingnin
I think Action Comics is pretty run of the mill actually, issue 9 was the only one I thought was actually great, but to each his own.

abhilegend
I think Action Comics is pretty run of the mill actually, issue 9 was the only one I thought was actually great, but to each his own.
Yeah, to each his own.

Blair Wind
I couldn't stomach WW's solo after like 6 issues or so. Bleh.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I couldn't stomach WW's solo after like 6 issues or so. Bleh.

Was it the art?

Galan007
All WW has done of note is wreck a rookie-ish Hal, who is incessantly treated like fodder in JLA (JLA is horrible, btw.)

Tony wins, imo.

ColossusGrundy
WW in a stomp, a mad stomp. I can see this being a fun fight, with Tony trying to hit on her at the beginning until he realizes he's going to lose.

Blair Wind
Was it the art?

I didn't mind the art. The pacing is awkward and the settings for some events were just unsettling. The core concept was good enough, but the execution, IMO, was horrible.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by SquallX

Whoa whoa, damn the fight, scans please?

SquallX
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2071746_o.gif

That was a joke. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.