The First X-Men miniseries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
News on a new Neal Adams mini-series starting next month called The First X-Men.

It's supposed to be set 30 years before the present books. Professor X is in Oxford and engaged to Moira MacTaggart and Magneto is still working for a shadowy government agency hunting Nazis so this is somewhere between X-Men First Class: Magneto and Weapon X. The plot is that FBI Agent Fred Duncan, the guy who helped Xavier put together and maintain the original X-Men hires a pre-Adamantium Wolverine and his mercenary partner Sabretooth. This is post-Team X and pre-Canadian intelligence. Both think they are just mutant mercenaries, both know and are comfortable with their powers due to memory tampering. Their job is to put together a mutant team with the much like the future X-Men. It includes Magneto and some new characters.

Thoughts?

the ninjak
I always loved the 60's Xmen. And the the relationship between Moira, Charles and Erik was always captivating.

Doesn't surprise me that the First Class film focused on the three.

I think it would be great reading. Especially if it delves into-

-Charles' relationship with his step brother.
-His relationship with the Shi'ar. Lilandra in particular.
-Magneto's relationship with his first wife.
-The love triangle between the three.
-Xavier's dealings with Lucifer. The alien who crippled him.
-The tech developments from the Shi'ar and Xavier and Mags manipulating them for their own benefits. An infant DANGER can be brought in.
-Xaviers early relationships with the "new" X-men of the day. Logan, Ororo, Kurt ect. And his choice to not include them in the first team.
-A decent origin of Scott Summers and Xavier.

Well so many ideas. Should make an excellent series personally. One I hope is done well. A series I wish I myself could work on. A dream project really.
I grew up on the original X-men through my dad's collection. And this particular series has been the foundation of my love of comic books.

If they screw this up there will be hell to pay.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by the ninjak
I always loved the 60's Xmen. And the the relationship between Moira, Charles and Erik was always captivating.

Doesn't surprise me that the First Class film focused on the three.

I think it would be great reading. Especially if it delves into-

-Charles' relationship with his step brother.
-His relationship with the Shi'ar. Lilandra in particular.
-Magneto's relationship with his first wife.
-The love triangle between the three.
-Xavier's dealings with Lucifer. The alien who crippled him.
-The tech developments from the Shi'ar and Xavier and Mags manipulating them for their own benefits. An infant DANGER can be brought in.
-Xaviers early relationships with the "new" X-men of the day. Logan, Ororo, Kurt ect. And his choice to not include them in the first team.
-A decent origin of Scott Summers and Xavier.

Well so many ideas. Should make an excellent series personally. One I hope is done well. A series I wish I myself could work on. A dream project really.
I grew up on the original X-men through my dad's collection. And this particular series has been the foundation of my love of comic books.

If they screw this up there will be hell to pay.

Again, this has nothing to do with Charles' team. This is Fred Duncan and Logan's team, post Team X, Pre-Canadian intelligence and Weapon X. Moira and Charles are in love and Charles rejected Wolverine's efforts to recruit him, Magneto is a Nazi Hunter, Sabretooth is Wolverine's mercenary partner. This is the X-Men before the X-Men so I won't expect a lot of familiar characters.
Also, this is all supposed to be in continuity.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/phpnWFmYnFIRSTXMEN001covv3_02.jpg

StiltmanFTW
lulz@ ninjak

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=565020&pagenumber=1

the ninjak
sad

Is that Moira beating up robots? That ain't canon. Nothing about that appears to be canon.

StiltmanFTW
No, she's a new character. This series is going to be canon, as stated in the interviews.

-Pr-
...They're actually going through with this? erm

Kazenji
I like Wolverine... but no way will i be getting this.

Darth Jello
Well, Fred Duncan was sort of-kind of a cofounder of the original X-Men.

StiltmanFTW
It will only last 5 issues, why not give it a chance. Besides, more Wolverine is always good for me stick out tongue And there is a chance for another Logan vs. Namor battle.

Kazenji
There's a preview for this up over at CBR.

StiltmanFTW
Yup.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13095

Darth Jello
I'm actually liking this series but hating the art. Other than Magneto sporting the worst haircut in all of comics, this series is notable for some a few fairly cool characters, a different angle on Wolverine and Sabes' relationship, and the very first prototype appearance of the Sentinels (predating Uncanny X-Men -1?)

mr.smiley
To me this is one of those weird things where as comic book movies attempt to be more like the comics,the more the comics attempt to echo the movies.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I'm actually liking this series but hating the art. Other than Magneto sporting the worst haircut in all of comics, this series is notable for some a few fairly cool characters, a different angle on Wolverine and Sabes' relationship, and the very first prototype appearance of the Sentinels (predating Uncanny X-Men -1?)

So am I. Liked how Mags and Namor were portrayed as team wreckers.

There was a prototype Sentinel in X-Men Legacy series, too...

Darth Jello
So the ending.... how does this fit in with the current Wolverine issues, Shadow Society, and the original Weapon X story unless whatever agency Wolverine was in pre-adamantium WAS weapon X and romulus is a super elaborate liar...

Both he and Creed are really under someone's mind**** during this whole series...

Salthasha
not interested.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.