SBP vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
GA SBP with a red power ring and a yellow power ring. Sees Odin on sunny side of mercury and gets it into his head that Odin just destroyed Prime's universe. Odin initially doesn't know SBP walts to kill him. No BFR.

Can prime beat Odin here?

Zack Fair
He probably can unless Odin stops time IMO

Rao Kal El
I was gonna say "Odin retcon punches the Kryptonian out of Prime" but then I read the OP and makes me wonder.

I still think Odin wins, just because I have a lot of respect for the Old man.

JakeTheBank
It's unlikely Prime can beat him outright. Especially considering the plethora of abilities Odin can invoke.

Cogito
IMO, Prime wins unless Odin manipulates time. Then again, time is just another dimension that might join the list of those which Prime has punched through.

pym-ftw
Odin headbutts primes fist in

Colossus-Big C
Prime.

A High End Prime doesnt need the amps

PillarofOsiris
A lot of Odin's abilities would be useless with primes magic immunity. Being multiple times closer to the sun like he is here is also a bug amp. Prime should win.

MF DELPH
Fairly certain Odin can erect a barrier that blocks Prime from the sunlight, and I'm also fairly certain that Odin has more firepower in this fight, if not more physicality.

JakeTheBank
He can also mind rape him, stop time, destroy his power rings, etc.

Nihilist
Odin wins, its not even a fight.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Fairly certain Odin can erect a barrier that blocks Prime from the sunlight, and I'm also fairly certain that Odin has more firepower in this fight, if not more physicality.

And Odin knows prime gets his power from the sun how?

ozz81
odin coz of his versatility and fire power..

MF DELPH
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

Forum rules (Basic knowledge of opponent), as well as telepathy.

Blame Clark Kent for giving up the goods on Kryptonians to the Daily Planet, as well as over saturation of Superman stories. It's common knowledge how Kryptonians work via sunlight in the DCU.

TheGodKiller

I presume that, based on some type of (limited?) cosmic awareness that he has , along with powerful telepathy to boot(he was able to enter Galactus' mind after all , which according to Oblivion was impenetrable) , he should definitely be able to discern what empowers Prime .

MF DELPH
^Plus his alternate self's dry snitching.

PillarofOsiris
Seems a bit far fetched that Odin would resort to that tactic, especially considering he's getting bull rushed here before he even knows he's in a fight (based on the OP). He's gonna be busy defending himself. Besides which, Prime isn't instantly depowered by leaving yellow sunlight, there are TONS of examples of this. His rage is going to be powering that red ring too. And SBP has broken many barriers, I doubt Odin's construct would be unbreakable for this Prime (or any Prime).

Galan007
Odin. Easily. It's spite, imo.

This only becomes a fight if Odin opts to make it a physical battle, and doesn't use his gargantuan versatility edge.

MF DELPH
Seems a bit far fetched that Odin would resort to that tactic, especially considering he's getting bull rushed here before he even knows he's in a fight (based on the OP). He's gonna be busy defending himself. Besides which, Prime isn't instantly depowered by leaving yellow sunlight, there are TONS of examples of this. His rage is going to be powering that red ring too. And SBP has broken many barriers, I doubt Odin's construct would be unbreakable for this Prime (or any Prime).

He'll be breaking the loser barrier after this match.

He's outclassed.

zopzop
Man even if SBP loses (which is probable), Odin would leave that fight absolutely WRECKED.

PillarofOsiris
Even without the ring amps, and the proximity to the sun amp, Prime has survived FAR more than galaxy busting blasts. He's 100% immune to magic also. Look at how "normal" Prime held up to Mordu. These are big problems for Odin. H2H he's losing HARD. If he tries to use energy blasts, he's losing HARD. He would need to get VERY exotic, but even transmutation by magic won't work on Prime.

Prime is getting the first few (at least) hits here, based on the stips. Odin won't have time to consider doing anything else than fight.

I can't believe people are giving him a win here. He is super powerful, but he is wanked on this site BIG TIME.

JakeTheBank
Odin is wanked big time on KMC...but Prime isn't?

PillarofOsiris
He is, but not as bad IMO. And I'll admit, in a normal fight between these two, it's no contest...Odin wins. But these stips favor Prime BIG TIME.

JakeTheBank
I don't see how, tbh.

The rings are fail and don't offer anything for Prime really outside of making him more prone to just attacking Odin like a mad-dog; he's not going to be using the yellow ring efficiently at all due to the red one. Furthermore, the red ring, if it's destroyed, will wind up killing Prime unless Prime can survive without a heart.

The only real factor here is the sun's yellow energy and the fact that Odin has no idea Prime intends to kill him...which will likely change one Prime attacks him like a rabid dog. All the amps do will make Odin realize he'll need to crank things up to beat Prime, in which case he's screwed. To date, I've seen nothing from Prime to suggest he can stop being mindraped by Odin or time stopped.

PillarofOsiris
At the very least the rings add another layer of shielding. But I agree they aren't as important as the proximity to the sun and the surprise factor (as well as Prime's rage, which will be ramped up to epic levels if he thinks Odin just destroyed his universe....we all know how much he cries about that).

PillarofOsiris
I know one thing for certain. Mercury isn't surviving past the first few seconds of this fight.

Colossus-Big C
Prime wins. Period

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Prime wins. Period

laughing

Zack Fair
What about the Guardian Amp?

Cogito
I just don't see Odin having time to do much exotic what with Prime killing him to death and all.

Magic won't work, TP might, time stop might

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Zack Fair
What about the Guardian Amp?

What about it?

zeel
odin beats this overrated pimple to death.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
I just don't see Odin having time to do much exotic what with Prime killing him to death and all.

Magic won't work, TP might, time stop might

It's not like Prime can beat him in a matter of moments. Odin will have enough time to muster a defense and mount an offense in kind.

Cogito
^ I'm not saying Odin can't put up a defense, just that it will limit his options.

Odin's magic won't do any more than Future Mordru's

keiththegreat
Odin goes for a brawl more than most other skyfathers (it seems like it has to do with Asgard's warrior culture). I definitely don't think he'll have time to think "I'm going to destroy that red ring ...assuming he even notices it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
^ I'm not saying Odin can't put up a defense, just that it will limit his options.

Odin's magic won't do any more than Future Mordru's

All future Mordru did was shoot him with a nondescript blast of magic, which Prime laughed off. I don't think Prime could no sell a fully powered Mordru's attack based off of that and laughing off Black Adam's punches.

Plus there's the fact that the Odin Force isn't limited to just conventional magic, too.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Odin goes for a brawl more than most other skyfathers (it seems like it has to do with Asgard's warrior culture). I definitely don't think he'll have time to think "I'm going to destroy that red ring ...assuming he even notices it.

If you look at Odin's actual fights and abilities as a whole, you'll know that Odin invokes other abilities such as time stop, offensive telepathy, soul manipulation, BFR (which is off for this thread anyway), grossly over powered matter/energy manipulation, and other means of offense outside of the All-Father headbutt.

Odin doesn't have to directly target the red ring to destroy it considering his power output. And there's without factoring in common knowledge of Prime and his amps or the fact that his heightened awareness might two and two together and deduce the mad Kryptonian is foaming red napalm/blood at the mouth and is surrounded by a red aura.

keiththegreat
Didn't some mage die from trying to transmute Prime?

keiththegreat
How much force has it taken to destroy a red ring? wouldn't the yellow ring's auto shields protect it as well?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
How much force has it taken to destroy a red ring? wouldn't the yellow ring's auto shields protect it as well?

The yellow ring could protect it until it runs out of energy or it is destroyed as well. Having a finite level of energy is not something you want to have to rely on in a prolonged battle against someone like Odin.

PillarofOsiris
I believe you're referring to this:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1696/91233782.jpg

Diesldude
SBP wins. Too much firepower for Odin. There is no barrier Odin can errect that prime won't shatter. A legion of Lanthers erected a 300 mile wide barrier and it slowed him down just enough for superman to catch up, so it didn't really slow him down that much because superman can fly pretty fast. Odin can't hurt GA Prime, also prime I think can speed up to overcome the time stop, if Odin tries it.

red sabre
SBP wins, immunity to magic sucks even for skyfathers just ask mordru, on the other hand SBP presents too much rall power i dont see even odin survivng an onslaught from SBP.

i have just noticed its GA SBP, this guy stomps odin seriously prime alone is a one big mess however GA SBP? this guy curbstomps anything he see he will murder odin.

deathlife
Odin wins.

And since when did Odin rely solely on magic?

JakeTheBank
Since never.

Zack Fair
That "TA DA!" gets me every FKN time lol

the Darkone
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Prime wins. Period

Whatever laughing laughing laughing

the Darkone
Odin doesnt have to use Magic duh, he can use cosmic powers the Odin force is a mix of both magic and cosmic plus Odin is too damn versatile and powerful for SBP, Odin can get evil him damn self. Odin all day!!!

abhilegend
Stalemate or prime. People are hugely underestimating the power of rings. With just a green and red ring, guy gardner wrecked a gatherings of black lanterns like they owed him money. Not to mention that the red light burns the likes of anti-monitor and spectre.

DarkSaint85
Won't the red rings give him a HF on top of the Sun giving him what amounts to a HF?

I think Odin wins, btw.

red sabre
odin powers while versatile are all magical based, even in order to amp his strength and size he uses the odin force magic, while i know its not ONLY mgic however it still has a magical nature and Prime is imune to magic, even if prime wasnt imune to magic to begin with, the guardian amp gave him an insane amp the guy survived a universal blast while losing most of the amp he is insanely durable and powerful, judging by how he curbstomped copy versions of the JLA , oneshotted a planet, owned a monitor , broke dimensions and the 5 IMP dimension which is empowered by the 5 IMP magic, monitors were scared of him, was overpowering monarch, the guy is too insanely powerful, and you add his magical durability and then you give him rings? odin cant take this IMO.

Naija boy
Odin dominates

D-Block
Originally posted by Naija boy
Odin dominates

red sabre
GA SBP dominates him and torture him just like he did to mxy, get ready to see odin running back to asgard all scared yelling close the gates .

the Darkone
Odin encase SBP in darkness, then proceed to beat the sh** out of him his daddy's belt!!

bbrem123
Odin shit stomps here

spite

JakeTheBank
Prime torturing Mxy had context and more than a bit of PIS sprinkled on top.

Honestly, I don't see why people are freaking out over the rings. A single power ring means nothing to someone like Odin. That yellow ring will offer Prime auto-shields, but given the level of power he's going up again, the ring's charge will likely burn out before the fight is over. The red ring is more of a liability as well as it just makes Prime fight like a rabid, albeit powerful, dog and if that happens to be destroyed or severed, Prime's screwed.

keiththegreat
I agree with the people who said Odin is going to he doing all he can just to survive at first because prime is getting the jump on him. He's not going to do exotic stuff just encase prime in darkness. He won't have time to think that way.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin stomps and it really isn't going to be hard.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Prime torturing Mxy had context and more than a bit of PIS sprinkled on top.

Honestly, I don't see why people are freaking out over the rings. A single power ring means nothing to someone like Odin. That yellow ring will offer Prime auto-shields, but given the level of power he's going up again, the ring's charge will likely burn out before the fight is over. The red ring is more of a liability as well as it just makes Prime fight like a rabid, albeit powerful, dog and if that happens to be destroyed or severed, Prime's screwed.

Not just that but comparing Prime to Guy Gardner is a no no. Guy has over time earned the right to be an elite ring bearer. Prime would operate just like a raw recruit with the rings, which = weak sauce.

JakeTheBank
It doesn't help that combined colors of the emotional spectrum, such as Red and Green, were an explicit weakness for Black Lanterns.

zopzop
It doesn't help that combined colors of the emotional spectrum, such as Red and Green, were an explicit weakness for Black Lanterns.
Wasn't it Green + any other color and you sever the tie with the Black Ring? For example : Green and Blue would work but Red and Blue wouldn't. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

But back on topic I just realized that it's GA SBP PLUS the Rings vs Odin. This is not looking good for Odin.

JakeTheBank
Prime's probably going to burn through the Guardian Amp trying to kill Odin in vain. Odin also doesn't have plot device armor and would have no reason to dick around with Prime like Monarch did (who would have beat Prime's face in if he took him seriously).

This is a tough fight if Odin fights on Prime's level in a purely physical confrontation. Like Galan said, if Odin decides not to use his staggering versatility and power edge, I guess Prime can give him a scare or two.

zopzop
Prime's probably going to burn through the Guardian Amp trying to kill Odin in vain. Odin also doesn't have plot device armor and would have no reason to dick around with Prime like Monarch did (who would have beat Prime's face in if he took him seriously).

This is a tough fight if Odin fights on Prime's level in a purely physical confrontation. Like Galan said, if Odin decides not to use his staggering versatility and power edge, I guess Prime can give him a scare or two.
I doubt he'd burn through the GA fighting Odin though. Didn't he tank a universe destroying blast with it?

As powerful as Odin is, he's definitely not a universe buster.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
I doubt he'd burn through the GA fighting Odin though. Didn't he tank a universe destroying blast with it?

As powerful as Odin is, he's definitely not a universe buster.

He took the universe blast as the amp ran out. Easily Prime's greatest durability feat ever and depending on how much you want to scrutinize it, possibly PIS considering how other energy attacks have harmed him significantly and were no where near close to being universe busting in scale. But it is canon, so moot point. But Prime would be going through that amp, possibly faster than he did with Monarch who toyed around with him. Odin would have no reason to, especially when ambushed by a psychotic man-child who wants to kill him.

He doesn't have to bust a universe to beat Prime, though.

Harbinger
Given that Prime also flew through the AM's chest and came out unscathed (while simply touching the AM burned a Guardian to a crisp), I wouldn't consider him taking Monarch's blast to be PIS even if one were to scrutinize that feat against Prime's other showings.

Absolutely agree with the rest, though; can't see Prime being able to outright drop Odin with the amp, and he's done when it runs out.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by zopzop

As powerful as Odin is, he's definitely not a universe buster. Odin's tanked a blast that shook the muiltverse that that should be equal if not a greater feat in durability

ozz81
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin's tanked a blast that shook the muiltverse that that should be equal if not a greater feat in durability

Awesome , who was it from Seth?

zopzop
Odin's tanked a blast that shook the muiltverse that that should be equal if not a greater feat in durability
Are you referring to this :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56665/1583747-odinvsseth3_super.jpg
As impressive as that sounds, it's been done before. Yet none of the beings that replicated that feat are capable of destroying an entire universe (see the Uatu/Aaron fight).

The very fact that GA SBP tanked that universe destroying blast point blank is terrifying. No amount of power that Odin can output would ever match that (unless I'm missing something that Odin has done).

Diesldude
Odin's tanked a blast that shook the muiltverse that that should be equal if not a greater feat in durability Izatso?

Let's say you are in the basement of a house and the whole house shook, you survived and now as an alternative a part of the wall falls on you and you are lucky to survive now which is a greater feat?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Diesldude
Izatso?

Let's say you are in the basement of a house and the whole house shook, you survived and now as an alternative a part of the wall falls on you and you are lucky to survive now which is a greater feat? Not exact comparable Odin and Seth and this point ampped to another level. The even exchanged blows next panel. What bomb is more powerful one that sends a shock wave in a 2 mile radius or one that has a 20 mile radius. We can debate on which one is greater however they are close enough to being the same.

Sundipped
Quick note: Prime didn't burn all the Guardian amp fighting only Monarch. IMO most of it was used transversing dimensions at the rate of speed he was using. He was zipping from place to place.

Diesldude
Not exact comparable Odin and Seth and this point ampped to another level. The even exchanged blows next panel. What bomb is more powerful one that sends a shock wave in a 2 mile radius or one that has a 20 mile radius. We can debate on which one is greater however they are close enough to being the same. Of course the bomb with the 20 mile radius, but they both destroy. The blasts that odin took may have shook the multiverse, it didnt destroy any universes. The blast that SBP tanked did destroy one, so he tanked a greater destructive force. I am sure if a universe died in a explosion it will be felt by the rest of the multiverse and more than likely enough to shake it as well.

Diesldude
Monarch wanted to take over the universe, I am sur he took SBP seriously. May not have been at the beginning but he was serious, his whole act was to get SBP to lose control, it worked but not the way he had hoped. Monarch was a superior tactician and a general of an army of supermen. I am sure he didn't underestimate SBP.

DarkOdin
Of course the bomb with the 20 mile radius, but they both destroy. The blasts that odin took may have shook the multiverse, it didnt destroy any universes. The blast that SBP tanked did destroy one, so he tanked a greater destructive force. I am sure if a universe died in a explosion it will be felt by the rest of the multiverse and more than likely enough to shake it as well. However was the blast directed at SBP or did he just get caught in the wake. Odin took the hit directly. Other factors but either way we say it the feas are very close

Diesldude
However was the blast directed at SBP or did he just get caught in the wake. Odin took the hit directly. Other factors but either way we say it the feas are very close When sbp tore open the suit, his face was the first thing in contact with the blast. So yeah he took it point blank.

Uriel005
When sbp tore open the suit, his face was the first thing in contact with the blast. So yeah he took it point blank. this and even baseline prime was >>> Mordru. Also don't pull up divine crap. Time and time again Odinforce is deemed a magical force otherwise they wouldn't call mjolnir magic based on account of its odinforce ENCHANTMENT i.e. magic... Future Mordru > Odin IMO don't see how Odin wins this even sans the rings considering GA Prime also punked Mxy... badly.

quanchi112
Odin destroys him, easily.

Estacado
Welcome back quan...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Welcome back quan... Did you miss me ?

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did you miss me ?
Nah...

iceman24567
Prime bites Odins head off

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin destroys him, easily.

Good to have you back buddy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.