Ironman vs Classic Megatron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
can the golden avenger (current) take out the leader of the decepticons??

Lek Kuen
Classic as in first tv show or first comic series?

Sin I AM
Isn't Tony currently really weak

JakeTheBank
I thought that in the Invincible Iron Man book, someone else replaced Tony as Iron Man, at least for a while.

leonidas
hrm. then let's go with tony as he was when he was leading shield.....

and classic cartoon megatron (can't really remember the differences between him and the early comicbook megatron but feel free to comment on both).

JakeTheBank
I'm not all that well versed in the Transformers canon outside of the cartoons and movies I've watched. Definitely not an expert in the "classic/Generation-1" series, either.

Extremis Iron Man is one tough dude, though.

Digi
If Megatron can tag him with his canon, it's mostly over. The thing hit like an absolute motherf****er. In general, the tough Transformers can take more physical abuse as well. Like, Grimlock, Prime, Megatron, etc. would all beat Tony in a brawl.

Tough match, not 10/10 either way. I'm leaning toward Megatron though.

Q99
Tony's a small agile target though, and packs a fair amount of power and physical strength.

Endless Mike
I remember someone calced Megatron as having moon level durability?

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
If Megatron can tag him with his canon, it's mostly over. The thing hit like an absolute motherf****er.

Yeah, Megatron's taken out Predaking in Marvel comics. The dispersed fallout from his wildly shooting into the air during one of his insane rants drove off a General Ross type army, complete with tanks and everything.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Megatron's taken out Predaking in Marvel comics. The dispersed fallout from his wildly shooting into the air during one of his insane rants drove off a General Ross type army, complete with tanks and everything.

That g1?

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Tony's a small agile target though, and packs a fair amount of power and physical strength.

So's circuit breaker, and the better shots still manage to tag her.

Granted, all it does is annoy her, but she's a walking plot device.

If all else fails, Megatron can always resort to drawing on a black hole, which is basically his doomsday ace that could as easily destroy him as everyone else in his area. It would be in character, too.. He's totally insane when it comes to attacking his enemies.

cdtm
A note about "current" Megatron:

He claimed his new rail gun could nuke a city. And, than he proceeded to wipe out a gestalt formed from roughly a city's worth of Transformers, proving his words weren't just hyperbole.

His armor is also a good deal tougher, letting him walk away from a direct hit on a tac nuke without a scratch.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
That g1?

Aye, g1 comic book canon. The comic, in Marvel, and the cartoon happened concurrently, and both are considered g1.

Since g1 is just the toy line, I think that also includes things like War for Cybertron the game, and current IDW comics.

Lek Kuen
Aye, g1 comic book canon. The comic, in Marvel, and the cartoon happened concurrently, and both are considered g1.

I know early comic series is g1 was just checking if that was the same series since this thread is only the g1 incarnations of Megatron.

And no war for cybertron is part of the Transformers Prime Canon which is the current Hasbro primary universe. The aligned continuity or some shit. Which is Prime show, Exodus novels, the two highmoon games. And that's it so far irc, but more to be done as new things are made.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I know early comic series is g1 was just checking if that was the same series since this thread is only the g1 incarnations of Megatron.

Well, most feats I mentioned happened in 90's Marvel (Except for my word on current IDW Megatron. But not sure if it counts or not, as he was squarely g1 design for most of IDW, but the nuke feats happened after he was redesigned in a new body), so definitely g1 Megatron.

Lek Kuen
Alright looked it up and IDW is it's own continuity not part of the official G1 but an alternate universe version of it. So I wouldn't count it with what the thread starter wanted.

cdtm
If that's from Wikipedia, it makes it sound a lot neater than it is..

Pretty sure the Prime cartoon and WFC was suppose to actually "retcon" the g1 continuity, in much the same way they tried to retcon Unicron as being the same character in "all" continuity.. Considering even Gobots and Inhumanoids are mixed up in Transformers canon, and that the lines have been redrawn a few times, it can be tough to navigate what's what...

But yeah, I'll stick with considering the original toon and comic line as g1, and everything else as alt timlines/realities...

So, what are Starks chances against UK/Time Wars Galvatron? evil face

Lek Kuen
If that's from Wikipedia, it makes it sound a lot neater than it is..

Pretty sure the Prime cartoon and WFC was suppose to actually "retcon" the g1 continuity, in much the same way they tried to retcon Unicron as being the same character in "all" continuity..

But yeah, I'll stick with considering the original toon and comic line as g1, and everything else as alt timlines/realities...

So, what are Starks chances against UK/Time Wars Galvatron? evil face

Was from the Transformer wiki

And yeah Prime and WFC are the current "canon" but I'm saying that when people say g1 it refers to a specific grouping of things. It's alot easier to talk about that way instead of specifying which g1 are you speaking of and saying what you are excluding.

cdtm
Anyways, I think g1 Marvel Megatron could take him.

Starks powerful, but he's no Circuit Breaker (And why hasn't a writer made her into an Iron Man villain by now?? She's a character with godlike power over anything mechanical.. A perfect IM foe.)

Golgo13
Anyways, I think g1 Marvel Megatron could take him.

Starks powerful, but he's no Circuit Breaker (And why hasn't a writer made her into an Iron Man villain by now?? She's a character with godlike power over anything mechanical.. A perfect IM foe.)

What about IDW Transformers. How powerful is Megatron there?

cdtm
Originally posted by Golgo13
What about IDW Transformers. How powerful is Megatron there?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/tf_vol2_18_14.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/tf_vol2_18_15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/tf_vol2_18_16.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/tf_vol2_18_17.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/tf_vol2_18_18.jpg

Golgo13
Nice. Those bots are hard to put down.

cdtm
He used to be a carbon copy of g1 Megatron, got scrapped, and was rebuilt using Ore 13/Super Energon, which basically makes powerful Transformers virtually invulnerable (Although in Starscreams case, it only let him look good throwing Megatron around before being gutted by a point blank fusion cannon blast..)

I guess his new body is based off the recent Transformers Animated Megatron?

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/c/cd/Tfa-megatron-1.jpg

Endless Mike
Eh, that feat doesn't impress me that much. I've seen different versions of Megatron tank much stronger stuff with much less damage.

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Eh, that feat doesn't impress me that much. I've seen different versions of Megatron tank much stronger stuff with much less damage.

Such as? Are you counting UK Galvatron/Time Wars Galvatron as a "version", because his durability was off the charts.

Megatrons uber durable, but I can't think of one that's taken better than a tac nuke. Furman's Generation 2 had his moments though, like casually taking a free fall from orbit, while highly damaged from Jhiaxus.

Endless Mike
IIRC someone did a calc to find out how much power was in an energon cube, he took a bunch of them exploding and it came out to like several megatons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.