Is there a limit..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
...to the amount of crap the hero can take from a villain before finally snapping and killing him? Rank the following characters.

Batman
Spider-man
Superman
Captain Marvel
Flash

Which ones can be driven to the point where they cross the line and in which order they will break their "no killing" rule? No mindcontrol or blackmailing etc allowed. The hero must make the decision willingly because he's had enough.
Feel free to add your characters.

Flyattractor
Not with Batman. They have gotten to that limit and stomped on it,and he still dosen't kill.

Can't say about the others.

Newjak
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Not with Batman. They have gotten to that limit and stomped on it,and he still dosen't kill.

Can't say about the others. He was willing to shoot and kill Darkseid stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by SamZED
...to the amount of crap the hero can take from a villain before finally snapping and killing him? Rank the following characters.

Batman
Spider-man
Superman
Captain Marvel
Flash

Which ones can be driven to the point where they cross the line and in which order they will break their "no killing" rule? No mindcontrol or blackmailing etc allowed. The hero must make the decision willingly because he's had enough.
Feel free to add your characters.

Ranking from the most likely to snap and kill I would say

1. Spider-man
2. Captain marvel
3. Flash
4. Superman
5. Batman

I'm not sure about 1. and 2. it can probably be switched.

Cogito
There is no limit.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Newjak
He was willing to shoot and kill Darkseid stick out tongue

well well uh... DARKSIED ISN'T uhhh HUMAN so it don't count.....cause bats don't kill only erm ....humans....so there.

embarrasment

the ninjak
Originally posted by h1a8
Ranking from the most likely to snap and kill I would say

1. Spider-man
2. Captain marvel
3. Flash
4. Superman
5. Batman

I'm not sure about 1. and 2. it can probably be switched.

Spidey had the love of his life murdered and he didn't kill.

Though the Spider persona taking over had him eat a man.

Newjak
Originally posted by Flyattractor
well well uh... DARKSIED ISN'T uhhh HUMAN so it don't count.....cause bats don't kill only erm ....humans....so there.

embarrasment laughing out loud

-Pr-
Superman shouldn't be in this list.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman shouldn't be in this list.

Superman does kill non humans though.

Newjak
I would like to point out that these people have already killed many.

I mean how many a robot have met their end at the hands of these guys.

Who are we to say they are not people, that they do not feel, or love?

stick out tongue

the ninjak
The Technocracy have alot to be angry about.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman does kill non humans though.

Which isn't the same kind of situation.

MF DELPH
I think it's Flash, honestly. Though heroic, characterwise, I'd put him at the bottom of that list, and I think he'd kill Zoom or any of his other rogues if they went too far one day (say Pied Piper were to use his mind control to cause all the students at an elementary school to rape and murder eachother before Flash caught wind of the situation). Flash would kill him.

Colossus-Big C
Superman shouldn't be in this list. Black Adam isnt on the list either erm

SamZED
Superman shouldn't be in this list. Why not? You think there's not a thing a villain could do that will make Clark kill him?

-Pr-
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think it's Flash, honestly. Though heroic, characterwise, I'd put him at the bottom of that list, and I think he'd kill Zoom or any of his other rogues if they went too far one day (say Pied Piper were to use his mind control to cause all the students at an elementary school to rape and murder eachother before Flash caught wind of the situation). Flash would kill him.

He's done it before, so it wouldnt be the first time.

Why not? You think there's not a thing a villain could do that will make Clark kill him?

Not without some sort of mind-control.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam isnt on the list either erm

that's because it's a list of heroes who hold back. Not tear people in half like phonebooks, which is basically Adam's M.O.

SamZED

Not without some sort of mind-control.
Lets say for the sake of the argument that Supes has been captured and restrained. He's forced to watch some villain beat/rape/torture ma and pa Kent non-stop for several weeks, then the same villain kills them. After he's done with them he murders Lois and forcefeeds Clark her eyeballs and brains. Then frees Clark from the restrains. You think Supes is just gonna rush him to jail?

janus77
what if some psychotic telepath takes control over all the humans on Earth, then has them commit suicide - a million every minute - whilst he sits around in a knock-off IM suit, playing solitaire.

The only way to make him stop is to KO him, but he suffers from some extreme form of brittle-bone syndrome and the slightest human touch would kill him.

What would Superman do? knock-out gas/darts would not get past his Ironman-suit, but any physical attack would result in life-ending trauma.

SamZED
Originally posted by janus77
what if some psychotic telepath takes control over all the humans on Earth, then has them commit suicide - a million every minute - whilst he sits around in a knock-off IM suit, playing solitaire.

The only way to make him stop is to KO him, but he suffers from some extreme form of brittle-bone syndrome and the slightest human touch would kill him.

What would Superman do? knock-out gas/darts would not get past his Ironman-suit, but any physical attack would result in life-ending trauma. That would fall under "blackmail, telepathy etc". The point is for the hero to do it because he's had enough, not because he has no other choice.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam isnt on the list either erm

Maybe cuz he's killed more than a few times.

Don't exactly see Psycho Pirate running about nowadays, do we?

janus77
That would fall under "blackmail, telepathy etc". The point is for the hero to do it because he's had enough, not because he has no other choice.
how is that? he's not expressly asked Superman to stop him. it's only Superman deciding that he wants to stop him and is willing to pay the cost.

How is that different to doing depraved things to Ma & Pa Kent in the hopes of pushing Superman over the edge?

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Captain marvel
2. Spider-Man
3. Superman
4. Batman
5. Flash

Ranked from the hardest to force into killing to the easiest. A tough list to make though.

carver9
Didn't Superman at one point killed Lex Luthor with a dose of heat vision?

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Captain marvel
2. Spider-Man
3. Superman
4. Batman
5. Flash

Ranked from the hardest to force into killing to the easiest. A tough list to make though.

Good to see you Rage. What's up buddy?

-Pr-
Lets say for the sake of the argument that Supes has been captured and restrained. He's forced to watch some villain beat/rape/torture ma and pa Kent non-stop for several weeks, then the same villain kills them. After he's done with them he murders Lois and forcefeeds Clark her eyeballs and brains. Then frees Clark from the restrains. You think Supes is just gonna rush him to jail?

...What goes through your mind? blink

Originally posted by carver9

In a cartoon.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by carver9
That was from a cartoon , and even in that it was an alternate reality Superman .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.