Cage vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
straight h2h except spidey is really really pi$$ed at cage. can he accumulate enough damage to ko luke before luke lands enough hits to ko petey?

JakeTheBank
Yes.

pym-ftw
Spidey have webs?

Dream Stuff
I think Cage has this one.

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas
straight h2h except spidey is really really pi$$ed at cage. can he accumulate enough damage to ko luke before luke lands enough hits to ko petey?

no expression

tkitna
Cage wins

Damborgson
Spidey puts him down.

SamZED
Going with Spider. But its a close one.

cdtm
Spidey punches himself out.

I know he beat down Rhino, but I consider that PIS, given he's taken punches from high end bricks, including Hulk..

Shabazz916
Cage beats him into a pulp in h2h cages skin will render spidey powerless

JayDaDon
Cage shouldn't even be able to touch him while spidey should just, and it does shame me to use this saying, combo to KO FTW.

DarkSaint85
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt259/sonix3mist/spidey-maxspider.gif

?

Nah. Cage ftw.

golem370
Cage won't touch him unless Spider-Man wants him too.

JakeTheBank
Cage gets Maximum Spider'd.

SamZED
Originally posted by cdtm
Spidey punches himself out.

I know he beat down Rhino, but I consider that PIS, given he's taken punches from high end bricks, including Hulk.. All 800 times? Cage is durable, not unkoable. And Pete's punching kicking feats go way beyond the class 10 he's supposed to be.

StiltmanFTW
Parker breaks his hands trying to punch out Luke. Cage delivers one Bendispower-punch to the jaw and Pete gets erased from the MU.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Parker breaks his hands trying to punch out Luke. Cage delivers one Bendispower-punch to the jaw and Pete gets erased from the MU. I assumed Bendispower isnt allowed in this thread? If it is its spite, just close the damn thing.

EDIT: Although Slottpower Peter Parker might win a few.

KingD19
I don't see Spidey punching Cage out after the punishment he's endured and kept going through.

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't see Spidey punching Cage out after the punishment he's endured and kept going through.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9592/6003c.jpg

leonidas
i think spidey would take him as well, though it might take a while. cage's durability would cave before spidey's stamina. and it's not like spidey doesn't have some great durability himself. i don't think it would be a clean sweep, but i'd give spidey a def majority, maybe 7/10.

KingD19
Cage has been in fights with Namor, Wonder Man, Rhino, Hulk, Juggernaut, etc... And he's walked away more or less fine from all of them(except for the Wonder Man fight...he wrecked him once he got serious).

But the thing is, some of these fights lasted a while, and Cage held his own the whole time. After a while, Spidey slips up and gets backhanded a few blocks away like Mr. Negative did to him. Cage for the 5.5/6-10 majority.

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
Cage has been in fights with Namor, Wonder Man, Rhino, Hulk, Juggernaut, etc... And he's walked away more or less fine from all of them(except for the Wonder Man fight...he wrecked him once he got serious).

But the thing is, some of these fights lasted a while, and Cage held his own the whole time. After a while, Spidey slips up and gets backhanded a few blocks away like Mr. Negative did to him. Cage for the 5.5/6-10 majority. Come on, man. Do i really have to make the list of all the class 100 top tiers Spider-man held his Own against/defeated or taken hits from without getting koed?

Naija boy
Spidy 6-7/10. Speed and manoevrability will win out in the end.

StiltmanFTW
Parker almost broke/broke his hands punching Hulk, Sandman, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Lizard, etc. Same thing would happen with him vs. Cage.

Mindset
Parker almost broke/broke his hands punching Hulk, Sandman, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Lizard, etc. Same thing would happen with him vs. Cage. And yet he just kept punching in every single one of those fights...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
And yet he just kept punching in every single one of those fights...

No, he didn't.

Well, he kept punching Hulk in that JMS story and ended up with bloody hands and Hulk unscathed.

Mindset
No, he didn't.

Well, he kept punching Hulk in that JMS story and ended up with bloody hands and Hulk unscathed. Yes, he did.

Kid Kurdy
Spider-Man wins.

Cage is just a mid-level, short tempered brick. Nothing Spidey can't handle.

Bouboumaster
Cage thunderclap and then beats Spider-Man into juice

JayDaDon
You need more than just being slightly stronger than spiderman to put him down.

the ninjak
Spidey doesn't get webs in this fight. A huge disadvantage.

Sure Cage can't tag Parker but a few thunderclaps could wobble Parker into a bad situation.

I still see a long running stalemate here. Simply because I don't see Parker giving up for days.

But Cage has the advantage.

Nibedicus
I remember Spider Man taking down BOTH the Absorbing Man and Titania in a fight. Hell, I remember him beating Titania so bad, she had Arachnamanphobia.

the ninjak
Was that as far back as Contest of Champions or something?

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Arachnamanphobia. laughing out loud

SamZED
True story. She went to see a professional because she had nightmares about Spider-man.

Also thunderclap? Really? Cage is barely stronger than Pete, but he thunderclaps once and all of a sudden he's the Hulk? Cage's thunderclap wont bother Pete.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by SamZED
Come on, man. Do i really have to make the list of all the class 100 top tiers Spider-man held his Own against/defeated or taken hits from without getting koed?
What class 100s has Spiderman defeated or even held his own against in hth?

Digi
Originally posted by The Sorrow
What class 100s has Spiderman defeated or even held his own against in hth?

Firelord....

shifty

abhilegend
Spidey nearly beat Masterson Thor and carnage cosmic.

Nibedicus
Goliath, Titania (close to Cl100 anyway), Colossus (along with the rest of the XMen) Absorbing Man and Masterson Thor come to mind... :-p

nwg202
Spidey

the ninjak
Can we see some scans peeps?

Cage recently pounded down on Phoenix 5ers. And managed to get on a boat far away. Sure it was a Matrix style reality but hey.

Kid Kurdy
Spider-Man held more than his own against Masterson Thor. He fought Hulk many times and even Juggernaut, Surfer, Firelord and so on.

He even held his own vs the Fantastic Four.

He also beat up Rhino (more than once), Iron Man from the future, Absorbing Man, Titania... all stronger than Cage on his best day.

The Sorrow
Goliath, Titania (close to Cl100 anyway), Colossus (along with the rest of the XMen) Absorbing Man and Masterson Thor come to mind... :-p
I get that Spiderman has a vast speed/agility edge but he doesn't have the black suit here, nor does he have his web shooters. If Cage doesn't fight like an idiot, he wins but I could possibly see Spidey pulling one maybe two out the bag like he does from time to time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Digi
Firelord....

shifty

Is Class 50 if he amps.

Nibedicus
I get that Spiderman has a vast speed/agility edge but he doesn't have the black suit here, nor does he have his web shooters. If Cage doesn't fight like an idiot, he wins but I could possibly see Spidey pulling one maybe two out the bag like he does from time to time.

It says straight h2h but I didn't know that it would mean no web shootets... :-p

Also, he beat both Titania and Absorbing Man (together) w/o the use of his web shooters.

The Sorrow
It says straight h2h but I didn't know that it would mean no web shootets... :-p

Also, he beat both Titania and Absorbing Man (together) w/o the use of his web shooters.
The OP said straight h2h I assumed that meant with no web shooters embarrasment

If he has them his chances go up significantly, without them I don't see him beating someone of Cage's caliber. IIRC he beat AM wearing the symbiote though.

Nibedicus
The OP said straight h2h I assumed that meant with no web shooters embarrasment

If he has them his chances go up significantly, without them I don't see him beating someone of Cage's caliber. IIRC he beat AM wearing the symbiote though.

Nah, that was standard Spider Man, IIRC.

the ninjak
No webshooters. Most definitely.

Only kicks and punches...hence.
Originally posted by the ninjak
Spidey doesn't get webs in this fight. A huge disadvantage.

Sure Cage can't tag Parker but a few thunderclaps could wobble Parker into a bad situation.

I still see a long running stalemate here. Simply because I don't see Parker giving up for days.

But Cage has the advantage.

But apparently he only did it once and SamZED is always right. Once isn't enough.
Originally posted by SamZED
True story. She went to see a professional because she had nightmares about Spider-man.

Also thunderclap? Really? Cage is barely stronger than Pete, but he thunderclaps once and all of a sudden he's the Hulk? Cage's thunderclap wont bother Pete.

I see Stalemate.

Nibedicus
Well, I was thinking Spidey wouldn't pull web tricks on Cage as well as won't use environmental tricks (like be loves to do so often) and misdirection to takr down Cage. But would still keep his webshootets to create distance and such.

leonidas
just h2h no webs. here he is working over titania.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/SFNF7-1.jpg

she is levels above cage in strength and should be at least as durable. cage's skin prevents cuts, but he can still be hurt with concussive force from punches. this has been shown many times.

JayDaDon

Cage can fight as smart as he wants he still has no way of touching spider-man, while spider can tee off on him all day. The only offensive weapon cage has is the thunderclap he only ever used once.

namorsubby
Spidey. Much faster. Eventually he'll ko cage.

Shabazz916
Spidermans speed and agility is overrated by comics & fans ppl. Act like he never gets touched. And that isnt the case. He has to many unrealistic fan boys.

leonidas
^ have an opinion on the match or don't bother posting. save the anti-fan rants for another thread. they only serve to instigate needlessly.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Cage can fight as smart as he wants he still has no way of touching spider-man, while spider can tee off on him all day. The only offensive weapon cage has is the thunderclap he only ever used once.
Last time I checked Spiderman wasn't Superman, just seems as though most are using a high end Spidey but a low-end Cage, yet forget the times he has been beaten by Venom, Kingpin, Lizard and tagged by standard bricks. A thunderclap shouldn't KO Pete, but it should knock him off balance long enough for Luke to enforce his rather significant strength and durability edge.

celeyhyga17
In a forum fight, Cage.

Mindset
Last time I checked Spiderman wasn't Superman, just seems as though most are using a high end Spidey but a low-end Cage, yet forget the times he has been beaten by Venom, Kingpin, Lizard and tagged by standard bricks. A thunderclap shouldn't KO Pete, but it should knock him off balance long enough for Luke to enforce his rather significant strength and durability edge. Venom would beat Cage.

Lizard may as well, even though Spiderman has beaten him.

KP hasn't beaten Spiderman in decades and it was cis that allowed him to.

JayDaDon
Last time I checked Spiderman wasn't Superman, just seems as though most are using a high end Spidey but a low-end Cage, yet forget the times he has been beaten by Venom, Kingpin, Lizard and tagged by standard bricks. A thunderclap shouldn't KO Pete, but it should knock him off balance long enough for Luke to enforce his rather significant strength and durability edge.

Venom and lizard have speed to fight at spider-man's level. Peter has shown how things go with him and kingpin once he takes off the kid gloves. It isn't that often that a character with no degree of superspeed hits him without PIS. At least with superstrong bricks like the hulk, his sheer strength allows guys like him to move faster than a normal human.

cdtm
Venom would beat Cage.

Lizard may as well, even though Spiderman has beaten him.

KP hasn't beaten Spiderman in decades and it was cis that allowed him to.

Not "entirely" CIS, imo.

Kingpin was blatantly super human at the time, even going toe to toe with Silvermane for a bit, who Spidey couldn't budge. And that was a younger, less experienced, weaker Spidey.

cdtm
Thinking it over....

High end Spidey vs high end Cage, I still think Spidey will fall of exhaustion before Cage falls from damage accumulation. Cage takes damage, and doesn't land a single hit in the meantime.

Mindset
If Spiderman isn't falling from exhaustion fighting Morlun than he isn't doing it fighting Cage.

JayDaDon
If Spiderman isn't falling from exhaustion fighting Morlun than he isn't doing it fighting Cage.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.