Batman :Dark Night Rises Question..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Hi just wanted to ask what exactly happened to batmans knee in the movie how did he injure it and did he develop arthiritis or any other condition on his knee etc(whats ure perspective on this)?

That knee brace he got from the buttler what was it exactly and how did it work to help him use his leg etc??

Digi
The answer to all of these questions is "because Batman"

More seriously, I don't think they really extrapolate on it much. So there'll be speculation involved in any answer.

Myth
It seemed hinted that it was wear and tear. As a Blazer fan, it reminded me of hearing about Brandon Roy's knees due to the no cartilage. Having no cartilage left in your knee is not from a sudden injury.

Robtard
I took it as wear-and-tear, like an athlete who has had a long and brutal career.

He also have a gimpy shoulder and elbow from what the doctor said, iirc.

ozz81
Yeah cool , he also got a robotic knee brace etc???

Zack Fair
He did take that fall that killed Harvey.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Yes, but ONE FALL doesn't explain the lose of cartilage in his knees.

Nor does it explain why a multi-millionaire has to live 8 years of his life in pain & not get the best surgeons in the world to operate on him.

OR there's still the contradictory fact that If Batman retired straight after Harvey's death as TDKR suggests, then where & when actually did Bruce get so severely injured? We did, after all see him run away at the end of TDK.

Myth
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I thought that for a second when watching the movie, but it seemed more wear and tear based on what the doc said, the nature of the injuries, and the fact that Batman didn't appear to have injured his knee at the end of TDK. A sudden injury that makes him limp for 8 years would have been noticeable when he stood up before driving off on the Batpod.

steverules_2
Bruce got listed a bunch of injuries that he had from the doctor, it was all from his batman days, there are some injuries that he sustained that he'd never heal from or would eventually later come back to bite him in the ass a.k.a his knee, as for the knee brace he's batman he probably made it himself

Gracifi
I quite agree with Robtard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.