Movie series you have completely sat out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Have there been any film series you haven't sat through at all - even a single film?

To date, series I haven't looked at for any real length of time (watching bits & pieces of the films on TV doesn't count):

Austin Powers
Blade
Madagascar
Twilight
Underworld

Anyone else?

(I think to qualify, it's a minimum of two films to say it's a series.)

janus77
Underworld, even Kate Beckinsale couldn't sell that shit to me.
Twilight, Underworld for the stupid, with an uglier cast (well, aside from Ashley Green).

Patient_Leech
Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Superman (I don't think I've ever seen a Superman movie)
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Superman is a stupid character to me (even though I did used to watch the TV show, but that was just for Terri Hatcher.. heh). Even though I've seen the 2nd Transformers, I still consider myself sitting them out, because I was drunk when I saw it, and I'll probably see the third one at some point too, just to laugh at it. Though I have seen some of the first Ice Age. It was a long time before I saw LOTR and Harry Potter, but I've now seen all of those. The Pusher trilogy is a good little indie film series. I recommend them. You guys really should see the Underworld films. They're fun genre escapism.

I haven't seen the sequels to...

From Dusk til Dawn
Saw
Poltergeist
The Prophecy (still need to see the 3rd, probably won't bother with the 4th and 5th)

steverules_2
I'm gonna lift a lotta eye brows with this one but I missed out the God Father, I could easily watch it but I've seen clips and so on and I heard it's the bestest movies ever but it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't want to watch it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Superman is a stupid character to me You're stupid.

Indiana Jones comes to mind.

Kazenji
Rocky
Twilight
Godfather

Mindset
Originally posted by janus77
Underworld, even Kate Beckinsale couldn't sell that shit to me.
Twilight, Underworld for the stupid, with an uglier cast (well, aside from Ashley Green). You should watch Underworld, at least the first.Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Superman is a stupid character to me (even though I did used to watch the TV show, but that was just for Terri Hatcher.. heh). Even though I've seen the 2nd Transformers, I still consider myself sitting them out, because I was drunk when I saw it, and I'll probably see the third one at some point too, just to laugh at it. Though I have seen some of the first Ice Age. It was a long time before I saw LOTR and Harry Potter, but I've now seen all of those. The Pusher trilogy is a good little indie film series. I recommend them. You guys really should see the Underworld films. They're fun genre escapism.

I haven't seen the sequels to...

From Dusk til Dawn
Saw
Poltergeist
The Prophecy (still need to see the 3rd, probably won't bother with the 4th and 5th) Originally posted by Kazenji
Rocky
Twilight
Godfather Both of you make me sick.

rudester
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm gonna lift a lotta eye brows with this one but I missed out the God Father, I could easily watch it but I've seen clips and so on and I heard it's the bestest movies ever but it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't want to watch it.

Ive seen it as well, I think its a great story of how a simple man can come into power, I however wasn't amazed by its glory. Would I watch it again prob not, nor download. It has more to do with gangster films, Film noir..

the ninjak
The only 2 films I couldn't sit through "in cinema" were-

-Meet the Spartans.
-Max Payne.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
Both of you make me sick.

No....i've got taste.

roughrider
Ah yes, so many horror film series. Thanks for reminding me.

Hostel, Saw & Leprechaun all go on my list.

There have been so many Nightmare On Elm Street movies; hard to believe I've only seen one.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
Ah yes, so many horror film series. Thanks for reminding me.

Hostel, Saw & Leprechaun all go on my list.

There have been so many Nightmare On Elm Street movies; hard to believe I've only seen one.

Yeah, i've only seen the first Nightmare on Elm, too. It was good.

Ah, how could i have forgotten: Human Centipede. I'll probably permanently sit those out.. lol

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
No....i've got taste. Godfather and Rocky are considered two of the best movies made in the last 50 years.

OK KAZ!

Patient_Leech
Yeah, you people not seeing the Godfather films are crazy. I guess that's what I get for signing on to a forum with nothing but comicbook nerds. If there's not a person in a goofy costume, then it ain't worth seein'... lol

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fast & the Furious. I haven't seen but a little of one of them (don't even know which one it was)..

Ascendancy
Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Can't believe you haven't at least seen the first Bourne or Ong-Bak. They're definitely worth the time.

The rest, I can take or leave, though Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is hilarity.

I myself haven't seen Hunger Games, or any Twilight since parts of the first one, nor the newest Transformers. Wish I hadn't seen the second. Those are the only well-known releases that come to mind.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
Godfather and Rocky are considered two of the best movies made in the last 50 years.

OK KAZ!

I've tried to watching Godfather and its not my sort of movie and as for Rocky not even interested in those

Yeah, you people not seeing the Godfather films are crazy. I guess that's what I get for signing on to a forum with nothing but comicbook nerds. If there's not a person in a goofy costume, then it ain't worth seein'... lol

roll eyes (sarcastic)
/B]

Well sorry if the Godfather movie's aren't my kind of movies.

Scythe
The parody movie. (Meet the Spartans, Scary Movie franchise, that shit)

The Saw movies.

Final Destination movies.

My Ladeh and I sat through one Twilight, we both looked at eachother 15 through it and asked eachother what the f*ck we were watching.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Scythe
My Ladeh and I sat through one Twilight, we both looked at eachother 15 through it and asked eachother what the f*ck we were watching.

Crap would be the answer to that question

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're stupid.
http://files.myopera.com/boydt2010/albums/4367602/towelie%20-%20you%27rea%20towel.gif

Originally posted by NemeBro
Indiana Jones comes to mind.

Your loss, Bro. You're missing out on some great entertainment. wink (don't bother with #4, though)

Scythe
Originally posted by steverules_2
Crap would be the answer to that question

Pretty much. Really don't see it's appeal.

roughrider
The Fast & The Furious series - there's another one I've been on the sidelines for.

I can't imagine a world where someone hasn't watched at least one Star Wars or Indiana Jones movie.

Ascendancy
Also haven't seen any of the Hostel films or the last two or three in the Saw series.

siriuswriter
I am very proud that I have never watched a nanosecond of film attached to the Twilight franchise/movies.

Also most to all horror movie series.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
I can't imagine a world where someone hasn't watched at least one Star Wars or Indiana Jones movie.

Yeah, I know. Crazy, isn't it?? Indiana Jones 1-3 are extremely entertaining and still stand up very, very well. Some all-time faves right there.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I am very proud that I have never watched a nanosecond of film attached to the Twilight franchise/movies.

In retrospect, I wish I could say the same thing, lol, but I've seen them to make fun of them. The first is relatively entertaining, the second is really bad, and shit, I dunno... they all blur together after a while. Some things you can get away with in a book, but in a movie it's just dumb: It's so freakin' stupid when they turn into talking wolves. It's also really funny when Edward can't produce his own heat, so Jacob comforts Bella right in front of him... laughing

Kazenji
For the horror series it would be Saw.... except for Saw 1 & 2 after that i sat out and also Hostel.

rudester
Originally posted by Kazenji
For the horror series it would be Saw.... except for Saw 1 & 2 after that i sat out and also Hostel.

I'll go with Saw too I just cant understand why they couldnt use their brains to get out of situations that could save their life. EEH...

I love Scary Movie 4 how brenda sleeps with the puppet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2uzFO2L3RM

Kazenji
Especially that guy in the second movie, All he had to do was ask the other people what number was tattooed on the back of his neck not go around with a knife.

Myth
Harry Potter (saw about 20 minutes of part 1)
Underworld
Chronicles of Narnia

roughrider
Like I said earlier, I've sat out the Blade series, but I'm not that dismissive of it; just haven't gotten enough interest as of yet. Since Guillermo Del Toro directed the second one, I'm sure it's worth checking out.

Zack Fair
damn...I can't remember/don't know what movie franchise I've sat out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.