STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

Loj'oon walks upon a cliff of dark rocks. He strips the leather flight gloves from his hands and stuffs them into his utility belt as he approaches the edge, then hooks his thumbs into the belt beside his heavy blasters.

"Captain," says one of his men, coming up to the cliff alongside the Rodian. "We've destroyed the last of the tracking beacons. It's safe to power down the scrabbling device."

"No," Loj'oon says. "We'll leave it running. I know it's power-intensive, but I do NOT want to be found. Not by the Srum, not by the Tyr-sen, not even by the Jedi."

"They helped us a great deal..."

"I don't care," Loj'oon says. "We owe them a great deal. But we can't give them that knowledge. If they know, then SOMEBODY knows. This stays with us for now. I can't make a secretive safehaven if it's not a secret."

Loj'oon waves a hand down the cliff face, gesturing to what he refers to. Settled in the shallow water below him is the Seat of Srum- his new base of operations made stationary and terrestrial.

-

Welcome to "The Movement," a game from the Retrospection series. These games are meant to provide a fun plot based upon the backgrounds of player characters, while giving players themselves a chance to gain experience- both in points and in practice with the system. Retrospection continues on with the misadventures of Wentar Reiua, a Jedi Knight that continues to find himself dragged into helping the weak and helpless. It is his task a Knight to do such... but it strains his duties to the Republic when those in need of his assistance are not inside the Republic.

Yet those bonds are beginning to loosen for Wentar. The Senate and the Order prohibit him from straying too far from Republic space after the Battle of the Seat of Srum. The Council is worried that politicians will try to make use of him; the Senate is worried that he'll go rogue, like his mentor.

It may be beyond the control of either party, however...

REXXXX
Coruscant

It is another smoggy day on Coruscant, Wentar. You have been unable to take your leave of the capital world since the fight for the Seat of Srum. It is seldom that you even stray from the Temple; you've gained some notoriety for the event, mainly in that you did not actually do anything for the good of the Republic. The Senate seems to have this notion that, as an officer of the peace, you are authorized to help them and their agendas. Not go angering pirate clans and slavers that have nothing to do with them normally.

Besides which, Master Windu prefers that you stay out of the political side of things. It is very easy to get lost in all that ilk. The Committee for Sentient Rights has tried to reach out to you a few times this week already; you get amiable vibes from them, at least, but you don't want to get involved.

Today, you and Emso are working on some of the carbon scoring that the Free Flier received, as well the installation of a new shield generator. The last one was all but fried in your attempt to ward off the attacking fighters of the Kylugo Srum. It needed replacing.

Craft
Excellent! Lets get this into gear.

How long has it been since the Battle of the Seat of Srum?

-

Wentar goes over the list of repairs for the Free Flier, ticking off the latest portion of the work they had completed.

"Glad you're still here, Emso, without you this work would be nowhere near finished," Wentar chuckles a little. "I'm not exactly an expert with a hydrospanner."

He double checks the electronics and diagnostics needed to oversee the installation of the new generator. "How are you finding your time here anyway?"

REXXXX
A few months, give or take.

"I'm not exactly an expert with a lightsaber," Emso says. "If not for you I don't think I'd be here at all."

Emso is fairing well. The Council has granted him a temporary home within the walls of the Temple, in one of their spare quarters near the hangars. He is putting himself to good use repairing Jedi ships returning from assignment. They are paying him a meager fund.

Craft
"I seem to recall you saving my life too," Wentar pauses at the bad memory. "Come on, lets get this shield generator installed first, you can survive with some carbon scoring, but not without shields."

I'm assuming it's fair pay all things considered.

How goes Wentar's search for the remaining Trikistani slaves?

REXXXX
Emso will go get the damn thing! Shield generators are incredibly heavy and he needs a repulsor lift to bring it into the hangar.

It has been put on hold, irritatingly enough. You have tried to do some research here and there. It is difficult to investigate anything from your bedroom.

Craft
Wentar will work of getting the old generator out then, if it's still in there that is. If not I'm sure the ships systems need to be primed to accept the new generator anyway.

When will I be able to get back in the field? While it is a nice change of pace, not being shot at, it is irritating to just sit around doing very little most of the time.

REXXXX
Oh, it's still in there... mostly. Something blew when the strain became too much and it burned from the inside out. There might be some programming that needs to be tweaked with the onboard computer. You'll have to look at the new unit first.

Your problem right now is that the old generator has melted into its frame.

The Council says... to be determined. The Srum situation needs to blow over in the Senate before you can go anywhere of import.

Craft
Tsk, politics. Still Wentar knows The Councils hands are tied so he doesn't make a fuss. I am curious if there are any gossip or rumors going around the temple concerning his situation.

Geh, melted to the frame? I'm assuming it'll be more tricky then hitting an eject button. It'll probably need to be cut out... the lightsaber is technically a tool. Maybe I can cut the melted generator out with Wentar's saber or would that cause too much damage?

REXXXX
You could try it! It will require a careful hand not to damage anything else.

It is generally known that something happened with the Srum and yourself. Much of the mission has remained classified by the Council, due to particular pieces of information about the fight and the actors particpating in it.

Craft
Altar Vynn's involvement, Vlad's brush with the Dark Side and everything Farl related probably isn't something The Council wants as public knowledge.

What are my other options? Proper tools, specific droids, some kind of melted metal eating liquid?

REXXXX
Spot on.

It will be a cutting tool of some sort. The Temple might be able to spare a droid but you have a very talented technician for a friend.

Craft
That's true. Lets just use the proper tools for now, since we have them on hand anyway.

So what has The Committee for Sentient Rights been asking Wentar about?

REXXXX
You haven't talked to them directly, actually. You just know that they keep trying to get a hold of you. The Council has blocked their efforts.

Craft
Probably a good thing, Wentar's still unimpressed over how they handled the situation. The Committee complained that the slaves didn't return home, yet they would have if the Committee had steped in to help.

Have I had any word from Altar since the battle? Also how is Vlad doing nowadays?

REXXXX
Oh, but that's not the Committee's fault...

Altar has not been in touch, and Vlad has actually gone into isolation to manage his anger issues.

Craft
Ah, fair enough!

You mean it's more the Senates fault instead of the Committee or the fault of the senators involved?

REXXXX
Neither. There was only one party present at the Seat of Srum that represented the Galactic Republic.

Craft
-_- The Jedi. Wentar's copping the blame for that one...

But what else was he suppose to do in that situation? Just walk away? Even if that was an option Wentar would never have taken it.

Guess I'm getting a clearer picture consering the confinement to the temple.

REXXXX
Obviously the Committee expects a great deal out of the Jedi Order, hmm?

That being said, you can see why the Council is shying away from open discussion with them regarding the event. Better to leave you out of it, no matter how capable you are.

Craft
Perhaps too much, I got lucky with Loj'oon and his rebellion. It would have been a much darker outcome without him.

The discussion is going to have to happen eventually though right? The committee isn't going to let a Jedi get away with meddling in their business. The senate certainly seems edgy about a Jedi perusing his own agenda, despite The noble goal.

REXXXX
The Senate is less concerned as a whole than the Committee. They think you stepped on their toes by handling the situation yourself and not doing it the way they wanted it.

Craft
To be fair there wasn't really much time to have a debate on what to do while it was happening. Again while the Committee was talking about what to do people were dying.

In anycase they have to admit denying the Seat from the Srum is a damn good thing.

REXXXX
In theory. You are not actually sure what impact that has made on the Srum.

What were the purposes of the Seat?

Craft
I was under the impression that it was a hub of black markets and slave traders run by the Srum, I'm assuming they took a liberal cut of the profits to fund their piracy.

There's also the fact that it was a massive, potentially, mobile space station and that's not a good thing for pirates to have.

REXXXX
Nobody will disagree with that! They certainly aren't happy that one of the pirates took the whole damn thing himself and got away with enough recently freed slaves to operate the station.

And you are correct about its purpose. The Committee isn't convinced that it was their main seat of operations, despite its significance.

Craft
It's true. I suppose the whole incident could have been a ruse for Loj'oon to take control of the pirate station to start his own pirate faction. But I have my doubts about that. I'm certain I would have sensed something wrong if that was the case.

I have my doubts too. If it was the seat of their power the Overlord would have had a much larger presence there. What does the Council and or Committee make of Wentar's belief the Overseer is a dark Jedi?

REXXXX
Sadly, the Committee seems to lack your supernatural senses (not being Jedi and all).

The Council is concerned. They do not doubt what you sensed.

The Committee balks at all that Dark Side mumbo jumbo, as does much of the Senate. The Sith are thousands of years extinct, never to return, vanquished by their ancient protectors, and so on.

Craft
So the Overseer pretty much isn't an issue unless he starts hitting the Republic, as far as the Senate is concerned. While the Council doesn't want to get involved with dark siders after that incident on Malastare, right?

It all comes back to waiting for things to blow over it seems, if they ever will.

Has there been any word from Loj'oon or Hloo'jen?

Have I gotten any reports on what the Kylugo Srum and Try-sen have been up to in the past few months?

REXXXX
Yes indeed. Malastare happened around the same time as the Battle for the Seat. All attention has been drawn to that dark event; a massacre inside the Republic. Whatever is happening outside of it is currently off the radar (except in small committees with their agendas).

Neither Loj'oon nor Hloo'jen have been in touch with you.

Nothing peculiar has happened in the operational patterns of the Tyr-sen- they are pillaging and raiding per norm.

The Srum have been oddly quiet.

The Committee might be able to provide more detailed reports on either. That is just general information.

Craft
If memory serves it happened not long before Wentar met Farl, I remember Malastare coming up in conversation with him at some point.

Disappointing, I was hoping to have heard from them by now. Maybe Hloo'jen has has better luck with the Triskani slaves.

Hmmm, the Srum did throw a lot of resources into The Battle for the Seat. That might contribute to them being so silent.

Has Hanza shown up anywhere yet? I won't be comfortable until I know for certain where he disappeared to after the duel with Vlad.

REXXXX
Good memory, and correct; my mistake.

You can only wonder these things. But there has been no sign of Hanza.

It is about now that Emso returns with a shield generator unit, pushing it along on a hovering cart. Even with the glide of the repulsorlifts easing his task, he is still straining with it.

"A little help?" Emso asks, throwing his weight into it.

Craft
Wentar's unsure about Hanza fate. On the one hand Hanza was left in a pretty rough state by the end of things, doubtful he could get far. On the other hand it is Hanza and he is resourceful and slimy enough to slip out of a situation like the Seat of the Srum. Comes down to if Loj'oon ever found him still on board I think.

-

Wentar snaps out of his thoughts when Emso asks for help. "Sorry about that Emso," he says with an apologetic smile as he rushes over to aid his friend. "Was in my own little world for a while there."

Wentar will add his strength to pushing the loader.

REXXXX
Hanza is notorious for his ability to slip away. Think on how you came to meet him.

This thing is heavy! Together you manage to shove it next to the ship.

Craft
The Stardusters... They did have a reputation for disappearing when the jig was up. Not to mention his flight from Coruscant.

"There you go," Wentar says when they get the new generator moved. He gets back to cutting the old one out of his ship. "Can you believe this is melted to the frame?" he fumes.

REXXXX
Emso shakes his head as you clamber back up onto the Free Flyer's hull.

"Some things even I can't fix," Emso says. "Hopefully this new one will last longer. How are you going to get it up there?"

Craft
Wentar will look around the room for some kind of crane like device for hoisting it up there.

"I haven't figured that part out yet," he says sheepishly.

REXXXX
"Can't you just... tell it to get up there?" Emso asks, waving his hand in a mock-Force-using gesture at the generator.

Craft
"Some Jedi could, unfortunately I'm not one of them. My area of expertise has always been in the Living Force, sensing and sometimes influencing the feelings of those around me."

REXXXX
"I don't think that will help much here," Emso says, patting the generator. "I'll go see if I can find a droid..."

Craft
If Wentar knows where the Temple keeps their big loader droids I'll give Emso directions. If not I'll just wish him luck.

"Hopefully I'll have this thing cut out by the time you get back."

REXXXX
Emso scampers off to find what you need.

It takes awhile (and several times you are tempted to just use your lightsaber) but eventually you have the old unit out! It is just as heavy as the other, so you will need the loader droid to actually pull it from the ship. It is separated at least, and disconnected from any wiring.

Emso returns to report that the Temple appears not to have what you are looking for.

Craft
Of course it wouldn't!

Wentar, fairly frustrated at this point, lets out an irritated sigh. "How can we have a starship hangar but no loader droid? Unbelievable..."

Is there anyone else in the hangar? Maybe there's a Jedi with lifting nearby who can give us a hand.

REXXXX
You suppose the Jedi don't have much use for them?

The hangars are quiet today, aside from smallish maintenance droids tittering about some of the other ships docked as they do repair work. A few have done work on your ship too. None are so handy as Emso.

Craft
Are there any cargo lifting cranes around? Maybe we can move the Free Flier under it, attach a cable to it and pull it out that way?

REXXXX
The Jedi do not often deal with large cargo, not when flying directly from the Jedi Temple. And most of them do not have ships as large as yours. It seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.

Craft
Damn... Wentar's greatest hurdle yet, trying to fix his damn ship.

Okay, I don't suppose there is some where/way a Jedi can requisition a loader droid from somewhere.

REXXXX
Emso suggests just getting your own, if it is going to be this much trouble.

"And then you can use it again the next time you melt something heavy," Emso quips.

Craft
Wentar just puts a hand to his head and ignores the quip. Loader droids would be super expensive and out side a Jedi's 'pay' range wouldn't it?

I am really tempted to just go into the Temple proper and find someone with lifting.

REXXXX
"Why don't you just 'convince' someone to give you one?" Emso asks, waiving his hand at you. "Or maybe the Council will give you credits... I don't know. Do you think anyone around will help?"

Craft
"That first one would be a pretty abusive use of my powers and this is far too trivial to be bugging the Council about," Wentar says, shaking his head. "I'm unsure, if they've got nothing to do, maybe."

I'm wondering if there's a way I can just order a droid and just have them charge the Jedi Order for it.

REXXXX
It is fair to assume that the Jedi Order can expense some arbitrary purchases for their Knights. That or the Senate does.

Craft
Well then! Wentar will go to the... place Jedi go to do that kind of thing? I honestly have no idea what it's called. Requisition office maybe?

REXXXX
We'll call it Requisitions. All Wentar really needs to do is give them the receipt when he has completed his transaction.

Craft
Awesome.

"I could probably just charge something like this to requisitions," Wentar says after some thought. "Lets go hunting for a droid."

To the holonet! I'm sure we can find a droid retailer on Coruscant easily.

REXXXX
Certainly. There is not one directly near the Senatorial District (which is where the Jedi Temple and the Senate are situated). It would be a short ride over to the next district to purchase a droid.

Craft
Time to find a bus! Unless there are speeders we can just borrow from the Jedi Temple.

REXXXX
As the prequels show, the Jedi are fond of airspeeders for flitting around Coruscant. Being a talented pilot, Wentar can snag one easily for himself, something than can bring back a loader droid.

You fly out to the marketplace you pinpointed and land. The droid warehouse is a short walk from the landing pad.

Craft
"Looks like things are finally back on track, Emso," Wentar says, as they make their way to the droid warehouse.

REXXXX
The droid warehouse is nestled into the side of one of Coruscant's multitude of skyscrapers. This is closer to the surface, so sunlight still reaches the platforms that you cross to reach your destination.

A grouping of droids are displayed in front of the warehouse, of all kinds. Most of them look used.

Craft
Used droids are no problem, better even! Cheaper.

Lets have a look at their loader droids and see if anyone comes out to greet us.

REXXXX
There does not appear to be any loader droids in the front display, here. You see a pretty wide variety there, from squat, domed astromechs and spindly medical bots and bulky maintenance droids.

One of the droids actually steps from the display.

"Hello sir," it asks in a gravely voice. "How can I be of assistance today?"

Craft
"Hello," Wentar says with a slight wave, a little taken back by one of the droids talking to him. "I'm here looking for a loader droid, one that can comfortably carry shield generators designed for smaller freighters."

REXXXX
"I am certain that we possess the droid you are looking for," the droid responds. "May I inquire as to whom I have the pleasure of addressing, good sir? For I am V-2PO, human-cyborg negotiator and purveyor of automatons."

This protocol droid is painted a rustic green, unlaquered and unpolished. One of his optic sensors shines less brightly than the other, and one of his arms looks bulky and out of place. Otherwise, picture C-3PO.

Craft
"Wentar Reiua, Jedi Knight, and this is my companion, Emso Crubo," Wentar says, before gesturing to the entrance. "Lead the way, lets take a look at what you have in stock."

REXXXX
"Come this way, sirs," V-2PO shuffles into his warehouse.

It so happens that V-2PO has a loader droid that fits your specifications. He has quite a few actually, but most are for lighter cargo shipping rather than truly heavy lifting.

The loader droid is an older model. It is painted blue with signs of rusting and damage that has been somewhat repaired. It is easily your height and half again. It sees through a singular photosensor on a stalk. It stands on four crab-like legs, and has two oversized piston-powered arms with telescoping claw hands.

"It is called N1218 of the N-Series Loader droids produced by the Corellians," V-2PO explains. "It is very sturdy and obedient."

Craft
"Sounds like what I'm looking for," Wentar says, examining the droid.

He eyes up the damaged parts. "I assume it's in working order, but do you mind if my friend here takes a closer look at it? You can never be to careful with older model droids."

REXXXX
"Be my guest," V-2PO offers. "I am programmed to perform maintenance on over six thousand types of droids. If this is not satisfactory, I permit you to examine my wares in your own time."

"I'll do that then," Emso says, sizing up the droid. "Are you going to keep him in the hold?"

N1218 blankly stares ahead; your salesdroid has him powered down.

Craft
"Perhaps, or I might keep it at the temple for other Jedi to use in case their ships need maintenance."

He turns to the sales droid. "Do you mind if we power him up before we make a decision?"

REXXXX
"Of course not."

V-2PO turns on the loader droid in a safe manner, following procedure, and N1218 whirs on. It says nothing and looks around with its eyestalk, then fixes on you.

It makes a low buzzing noise.

Craft
Wentar raises an eyebrow. "Is that buzzing noise normal?"

At least it didn't explode, that's a plus right there.

REXXXX
N1218 makes the buzzing noise again, this time in several short bursts and different tones.

Craft
"Hmmm... Oh! Its voice box must be damaged," Wentar says, believing the buzzing noise it the droid attempting to communicate. "Emso, do you think you can repair it?"

REXXXX
"N1218 says 'Hello' and has given his title, series, and function," V-2PO says. "This is how this loader unit is programmed to communicate."

"Yeah, nothing's wrong with it," Emso says.

Craft
Hmmm, is Wentar able to make a language roll to figure out this kind of droid language?

REXXXX
Sure! That will be a check on Intelligence + Language.

One success in a pool of six means you have not a clue what N1218 is saying.

Craft
"Oh," Wentar says, realising he's just bad at droid speak. "Hello N1218."

Not understanding the droid could be tricky business.

"You can understand him Emso?"

REXXXX
N1218 makes an awkward buzz and tilts its eyestalk at you.

"Not a bit," Emso says. "You'd need a translator."

Craft
Wentar frowns a little. "I wasn't really planning on getting two droids today..." He turns to V-2PO. "Do you have any loaders that can speak basic or a standard droid language?"

I'm assuming there's a 'standard' droid language and that Wentar can understand it, feel free to override me there.

REXXXX
N1218 emits a sequence of sharp chirps.

"I do," V-2PO says. "N1218 is one of our most... intact models. As far as loader units go."

Craft
"I see," Wentar responds, he stares at N1218 for a moment. "What did he just say?"

REXXXX
"He was insulted," V-2PO says. "Better that I do not translate what was said."

Craft
"Oh, I'm sorry. I genuinely wasn't aware droids had... feelings?" Wentar says uncertainly to N1218. He clearly doesn't spend much time around droids. "I don't mean this in an offensive way, but why should I purchase you if I cannot understand you?"

REXXXX
N1218 emits a lengthy warble.

"This unit has been customized by previous owners for increased activity and improved strength," V-2PO says.

Craft
"Really?" he turns to V-2PO. "So he's the best loader you've got?"

Does the Jedi Temple have translator droids I can use for N1218?

REXXXX
That would be something you would have to requisition.

Craft
Well it would be frustrating not being able to understand the droid, but on the other hand one of the more damaged droids could break and fail shifting the generator and that could be disastrous.

-

"Okay," Wentar says with a nod. "I think I'll take him, I can requisition a translator from the Jedi Temple."

REXXXX
Then that is that! N1218 is now yours! Good luck requisitioning a droid, however; the Jedi Order is going to wonder why you're spending so much on droids for yourself when you aren't even on a mission.

N1218 lumbers out of the warehouse with you, and V-2PO thanks you for your purchase. N1218 buzzes something that sounds like gratitude.

It is a short walk back to your speeder... yet you feel uneasy.

Craft
Bah! It's the Temple's fault for not keeping the appropriate equipment for Jedi to maintain their ships. Jedi work is dangerous work, of course our ships are doing to be heavily damaged from time to time.

Observation time!

-

Wentar stops walking when he feels uneasy. "Something is amiss," he says out loud, looking around the area for anything out of the ordinary.

REXXXX
That sounds like a Renegade talking... and ultimately, whatever the Temple lacks is something the Senate has not provided.

"What is it?" Emso asks.

You are in a city street with people milling about in all directions.

Craft
Being stuck doing nothing is frustrating for someone like Wentar, the difficulty in fixing his ship isn't helping. Guess he's gotta vent those frustrations somehwere.

-

Wentar keeps looking around. "I don't know, just a... feeling." He says glancing at N1218. "Do you see anything out of place Emso?"

Can I tell if my uneasy feeling has anything to do with the droid I just purchased?

REXXXX
"No..." Emso says.

It doesn't. You actually feel pretty good about that! You got him at a bargain price.

You do not notice anything out of the ordinary. A simple visual scan of the area doesn't seem to do the trick.

Craft
Wentar frowns, worried, he's being reminded of the incident with Farl's shuttle and the hidden bomb he missed. Don't want a repeat of that.

If I start heading for the speeder does my uneasy feeling get worse?

REXXXX
It does not.

Craft
But it doesn't go away either... What if I take a longer, out of the way route to the speeder. Do I feel better about that?

REXXXX
You feel as if you are being watched.

Craft
Geh, and no one stands out at all...

Wentar will move on then. "Keep a look out for anyone following us, Emso. I think we're being watched," he says quietly, before continuing on to the speeder. Why would anyone be watching us though?

REXXXX
You are not looking for anything specific in the crowd.

Craft
Well if I can look around for anyone watching us I will. Maybe anyone who seems out of place or shifty. Maybe someone specifically trying to avoid my gaze when I look at them.

REXXXX
Anything you want to try adding before you make the roll? The most criteria you give, the easier it may be.

Craft
Well I'll include the two things I mentioned in the last post...

Maybe also people standing still, since it's harder to watch someone while you're moving around.

We can ignore the blind and any aliens whose species is know for poor eyesight.

I want to say people who are alone, but I have no reason to think who ever's watching me isn't with a group of people. So never mind that.

Also, perhaps, people who are clearly doing something, reading, looking in a shop window, etc. To try disguise the fact they're watching someone. I'm thinking spy movies where they pretend to read the newspaper, but are really watching their target.

Nothing else comes to mind.

REXXXX
With all this in mind, you make your Observation roll... and you do notice a few people in the crowd that appear to have been following you. You catch one or two shying away to look at a datapad or check the time when you turn their way. Others are pointedly moving toward the crowd the same direction as you are, but change direction when you look.

Suspicious...

Craft
Very!

Do these people have anything in common? Race, species, something they're wearing or holding?

REXXXX
They are all human.

Craft
Are any of them carrying weapons?

REXXXX
If they are, they have concealed them.

Craft
Well I can't really go up and accuse them of anything, I've got no proof other my suspicions. Perhaps I should move on, a little more cautiously this time though.

How many people were there that I noticed?

REXXXX
There are quite a few...

And there is one more than actually steps out in front of you, interposing himself between you and your speeder. He wears rugged traveler's gear of worn leather, and is also human.

"You are Wentar Reiua?" he asks in a thick accent.

Craft
Scan him! No force point though, not this early in the game.

-

"I am," Wentar says, folding his arms and coming to a halt. "Who are you?"

REXXXX
You sense hostility.

"I envisioned a larger man," says the man. He gestures at you with a nod of his head, and the men who were watching you start to come out of the crowd. "You are coming with us."

Craft
"And why exactly would I do that?" Wentar asks, unfolding his arms, hand at the ready to call his lightsaber.

How close is the speeder, would we be able to make a break for it... or, at least, would Emso be able to get there if Wentar started a fight?

REXXXX
You are enclosed, and you have a feeling that first man isn't going to let you go without a fight.

"The Overlord has ordered it as such," the man says coldly.

Craft
That sends a chill down Wentar's spine.

"That doesn't answer my question. I take orders from the Jedi Council, not some pirate lord."

REXXXX
"You will come to him. He has foreseen it."

Craft
"Just because he 'foresaw it' doesn't mean I'm just going to go with you... Now if you don't mind, please move out of the way. I think we're done here."

REXXXX
"We're not," he says. "Get him."

The men draw an assortment of pistols, resting the barrels on the bend of their raised arms... it is the Overlord's assassins!

Craft
Oh damn. I thought they were just thugs.... Assassins are an entirely different ballgame.

-

Wentar raises his hands, eyeing the assassins up. If he starts a fight here in the streets innocents may be harmed in he crossfire, possibly even killed.

"Wait a moment," he says slowly. "I'll come quietly on one condition, you let my friend here go, unharmed, right now."

REXXXX
They do not seem interested in talking now. Fortunately, the civilians appear to be fleeing at the sight of drawn pistols. Street violence is not unknown even on Coruscant.

You are currently blocked in by the six around you.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 1

Parking Space

Speeder

Assassin A (G8): 0

Sidewalk

Wentar (LS9): 3/0 (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/0

N1218: 0

Assassin B (G7): 0

Assassin C (G7): 0

Assassin D (G7): 0

Assassin E (G7): 0

Assassin F (G7): 0

Assassin G (G7): 0

----

Craft
So, to get this straight, I cannot reach Assassin A right now, correct? I have to deal with some of these lesser assassins to cut a path.

REXXXX
Correct. The Assassins have formed a tight noose around you, so a single turn is enough to reach any of them.

Craft
Well we need to get to the speeder, so!

Schticks look good.

Body guarding Emso, tapping Block and attacking Assassin B, lets clear a path. Focusing on Assassin A.

(Man it's been ages since my last combat. stick out tongue I'm actually worried about what Ush will throw at us in the main thread when finally need to fight something.)

REXXXX
You'll probably die.

Wentar wastes no time and goes for his lightsaber! There is a snap-hiss as the blade jumps forward.

Initiative goes to the Assassins, who open fire just after you whip out your saber. With Marksman they have a pool of 10, and they split their fire evenly.

Wentar takes 10 damage as he tries to fend off fire, while Emso cowers behind you for 7.

N1218 looks ponderously at the Assassins as they fire at him, lasers pinging off of his heavy chassis for only 4 damage.

A is biding his time, drawing a simple double-edged knife.

Emso draws his gun and hesistantly follows you as you assault Assassin B! With Focused Guard, only 5s and 6s count as successes. You score three 5s, for 9 damage on B, who bends away from your blade awkwardly.

N1218 starts lumbering toward Assassin D...

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 2

Parking Space

Speeder

Assassin A (C8): 0

Sidewalk

Wentar (LS9): 3/10 BL] (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/0

N1218: 0(3A)/4

Assassin B (G7): 9

Assassin C (G7): 0

Assassin D (G7): 0

----

Craft
Thanks for the vote of confidence friend. stick out tongue

Swap Block for Reflection, Tap Focused Guard, focusing on B this time. Attack him again.

-

"Just stay by me and we'll get through this Emso," Wentar says, batting a bolt away from his companion.

REXXXX
Initiative is theirs, 4-5.

B has dropped his pistol to try aiming a punch at you. Having tapped Focused Guard against him, that is an automatic miss. For an unarmed attacker going up against a Jedi, that carries a heavy penalty. You slip to one side of his punch and take his arm off above the elbow.

You then continue your defensive flurry by batting away a series of bolts that come uncomfortably close to Emso and yourself. You still take 4 damage, Emso takes 3.

Bolts continue to fizzle against the hard chassis of N1218 as he lumbers ahead.

Wentar has an action in hand, as B is decidedly out of the fight.

Emso draws his heavy pistol on C, opting to help take down someone trying to do the same to you. He rolls two successes, one of which is Parried. C takes 4 damage.

N1218 reaches D. Being a cumbersome loader droid, he is Slow- he moves at half normal speed. There is nothing slow about the punch he deals out to D, though. His huge grabbing arm shoots forward like a piston. He rolls three 6s, which scores him a hit for 5 damage and knocks the Assassin flat on his back.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 3

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Wentar (LS9): 3/14 FcGu BG RF] BL] (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/10

N1218 (C10): 0(3A)/11

Assassin C (G7): 4

Assassin D (G7): 5 (Stunned)

----

Craft
Hah! I was hoping for a free reflect shot in that tap, but taking his arm off works better.

For my banked turn attack C instead.

This turn swap focused guard for orthodox guard. Attack C again.

If C and D go down can Emso make a run for the speeder without an attack of opportunity from the bad guys around us?

REXXXX
Do you want Emso running into A by himself?

Craft
No, no! Not right now, just future reference. I'm thinking of a Defensive Leap towards A + Emso running over there once C and D are dealt with.

REXXXX
Okay! So last turn, Wentar followed up his 'disarming' of B with a simple slash at C, timing his blow so as not to interrupt his defensive efforts. You rolled three 6s, for 9 damage.

Initiative is keeping with the Assassins- they must be very fast! C drops his pistol and lands a chop on you sword-arm, for 4 damage. E decides you are a better target than Emso; he only gets a success, for 3 damage.

D still gets off a shot at N1218, for 2 damage. F tries to help him. N1218 ignores the bolts in his back.

Emso takes a near hit from G, for 7 damage! These Assassins are decent marksmen and shooting past your defenses when they can.

Six successes from you is certainly enough to end C. You run him through.

Emso shoots back at G in retaliation. His shot is not as good.

N1218 tosses D back on the ground as he tries to rise, pummeling him with those massive loader claws.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 4

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Wentar (LS10): 3/21 FcGu BL] (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/17

N1218 (C10): 0(3A)/16

Assassin D (G7): 12 (Stunned)

Assassin G (G7): 5

----

Craft
Now 100% more deadly due to Orthodox Guard Wentar will turn and cut down Assassin D this time.

No triggers for Reflection or a Reflection tap?

REXXXX
No Reflections yet. Harder to achieve against a shooter with a high dice pool.

Initiative is 2-3... still theirs!

D is desperately trying to gun down N1218, hitting him for 2 damage.

With a signal from A, the other Assassins throw down their pistols and close in on the Jedi and his companion! Two land solid nerve strikes on Wentar that send him reeling for a moment, for 10 damage. The third chops Emso in the neck, for 6 damage.

A is closing in...

With your way to D barred, you attack the nearest threat. E takes a light slash across his front for 11 damage when you roll five successes on a pool of 8 dice.

Emso keeps gunning at G. The Assassin has Dodge & Weave up and running, so Emso's pool is five dice and his hit for 4 is reduced to 3 by DW's Armor.

N1218 backhands D as he tries to rise, Stunning him again with quadruple 6s.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 5

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Wentar (LS10): 3/31 FcGu BL] (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/23

N1218 (C10): 0(3A)/18

Assassin D (G7): 18 (Stunned)

Assassin E (C9): 11

Assassin F (C9): 0

Assassin G (C9): 8

----

Craft
Okay that's bad, now they're all in melee range so no free fleeing for Emso.

Swap Reflection for Dodge and Weave and attack E again, lets hope I finish him this turn.

-

Wentar stumbles for a moment, surprised when the Assassins come into melee.

"Stay behind me, Emso," Wentar says as he attempts to keep the Assasins back with his lightsaber.

REXXXX
Good news! Not only is it a Refresh, but Wentar lashes out against E before he can land another bare-fist blow, flaying him open with the point of his blade. Initiative was yours.

Emso hits G for 4 damage, getting frustrated as the Assassin dances away from his blasts.

N1218 finally tosses D off of the walkway and down into a lower landing platform with a sickening crunch.

G dances back in and slips past you just long enough to land a blow in Emso's chest for 5 damage. This distracts you as F lands a similar blow, though only for 3 damage.

A wastes no time and whisks his knife toward your front... except that was a Feint, and the knife instead scratches across your side. 3 damage is not all that impressive, though...

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 6

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Assassin A (C8): 0 (knife)

Wentar (LS10): 3/37 (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/28

Assassin G (C9): 12

----

Craft
Excellent! Refresh Focused Guard and Block.

Strange move but hear me out, swapping out Orthodox Guard for Martial Arts, then tapping both MA and DW and attacking Assassin G.

-

Instead of lashing out with his lightsaber Wentar unexpectedly launches a high kick at one of the assassins, hoping to catch him off guard.

REXXXX
I've corrected your schticks, forgot to do the first swap.

Initiative is theirs. A Dodge & Weave tap is a vicious thing, though. Assassin A twirls his knife and delivers another scratch. Your tap turns it into nothing more than a torn sleeve, for 1 damage. The same goes for F's punch.

Emso goes undefended for a turn; thankfully, G rolls only two successes, for 4 damage.

Your kick connects with the side of G's face as you suddenly resort to less elegant means of fighting. The kick nearly puts him down... Dodge & Weave saves him by a point.

Emso takes care of that and puts a bolt right through him.

Then N1218 decides that Assassin A looks threatening with the pointy metal thing in his hand. The loader droid cold-cocks him with four 6s and two 5s, for 7 damage and a Stun.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 7

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Assassin A (C8): 2(1A)/8 (knife) (Stunned)

Wentar (LS10): 3/39 MA DW] (7F)

Emso (G7): 1/32

----

Craft
Ah damn, was hoping I could put him down unarmed for someone to question. Hopefully the man I 'disarmed' will still be alive to get more info out of.

Swap Martial Arts for Orthodox Guard, attack Assassin F while A is busy stunned, body guarding Emso again.

-

Wentar nods to Emso when he finishes off one of the assassins. He brings his guard back up to better cover Emso, before making a smooth slash with his lightsaber at the next assassin.

REXXXX
He is still alive.

Evens puts initiative in yours hands! Six successes to you as you swipe across F's, cutting off a piece of his holster strap. He takes 11 damage, and then another 3 damage from Emso. He hits you back solidly, for 6 damage.

N1218 pummels A again, only getting one 6 but lots of 5s for 5 damage. Assassin A tries to hit back, jabbing and feinting, for 5 damage. The loader droid doesn't really notice.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 8

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Assassin A (C8): 2(1A)/8 (knife) (Stunned)

Wentar (LS10): 3/45 DW] MA] (7F)

N1218 (C10): 0(3A)/23

Assassin F (C9): 14

----

Craft
Excellent news! Just have to hope he stays that way. Perhaps, after Assassin F is dealt with, Emso can make sure he stays alive. Don't want him to kill himself like the other assassins did on the Seat of Srum.

Swap Dodge and Weave out for Block, then tap it immediately and attack Assassin F.

-

Sensing an opening after slicing off the assassins holster strap, Wentar follows up his swipe with a precise jab, hoping to bring his foe down quickly.

REXXXX
Consider Assassin F run through! You spit him on your blade and he falls forward, pushing it through him down to the hilt. You shut it off before he falls off; no need to accidentally butcher him.

N1218 slugs Assassin A for 5 damage, rolling as before for no Stun. The Assassin tries to stab him back, rolling high against the defenseless droid, but failing to get through its armor to any real effect.

----

STREET FIGHT, Start of Turn 8

Parking Space

Speeder

Sidewalk

Assassin A (C10): 2(1A)/13 (knife)

Wentar (LS10): 3/45 DW] MA] (7F)

N1218 (C10): 0(3A)/28

----

Craft
Swap out Block, tap Orthodox Guard and attack Assassin A.

-

After running the last lesser assassin through he rounds on the leader, unleashing a flurry of blows upon him.

"Drop your weapon and surrender!" he orders after his ferocious assault, hoping the close call has given the assassin second thoughts.

REXXXX
"There is no surrender for a man of the Overlord!" the Assassin yells.

Initiative is 5-6. The Assassin drives his knife into something important on N1218. Tapping Whirling Strike gives him the disengage, and he leaves the knife there and makes a mad dash for... Emso.

Emso raises his gun and rolls well! Three successes is 5 damage on the Assassin that comes for him. The Assassin twists around the shot...

... and is set upon by a Jedi Knight. Your taps put you at a pool of 12 dice against the Assassin, reduced to 10 by his Defense. You then roll nine successes with the conversions afforded by Orthodox Guard.

You drag your lightsaber across the Assassin's side, leaving a deep angry cut in his flesh. He is grabbing at it when N1218 stomps up behind him and shoves a metal fist into his back. There is a crack as something in the Assassin's back gives out, and he staggers.

Craft
Wentar will attempt to restrain the Assassin while his guard is down, attempting to put the man in some kind of arm lock or hold. "Doesn't matter, you're under arrest," he says, while doing so.

He also deactivates his lightsaber to prevent any accidental injury with it.

REXXXX
You will have to finish him off with a non-lethal attack if you hope to take him alive. Otherwise, he is twisting that knife toward his throat...

Craft
And of course Martial Arts is still tapped out. However I still have Focused Blow, which seems appropriate for the situation. I'll tap that and try bring him down unarmed.

REXXXX
That would be a straight Combat roll then, as Focused Blow adds nothing to your dice pool. Going for it?

Craft
May as well! Unless N12 can do it for me. stick out tongue

REXXXX
Between the two of you, safe to say you manage to smash him down! You grab the knife out of his hand while he is reeling from a blow from the loader droid.

"I think you made a good purchase," Emso says.

N1218 buzzes, you have no idea what.

Craft
Wentar holsters the knife. "I agree, good work N12. You too Emso."

I want to check the other assassins to see if any others are alive after I properly restrain the leader.

REXXXX
N1218 buzzes again.

Only the one you literally disarmed has survived; the others you cut down in the brief fight.

Craft
Stabalise him if I can.

I need to take them in for questioning now. Not sure of the process involved, do I just load em in my speeder and take them to the temple or contact the coruscanti police and have them come and clean up?

REXXXX
Contacting the appropriate authorities would be great! And in fact, they have already arrived; hard to get shot out in a crowd of people without someone calling the cops.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>