Rise Of The Triad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
For those that played the original back in the 90's... its returning

xhi-7lj7osI

Kazenji
Bump

so no PC players on this forum ever played this game......i find that hard to believe.

Ushgarak
I did! Preferred Heretic, though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I did! Preferred Heretic, though.

Hexen was even better then Heretic personally......both were still good tho.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Bump

so no PC players on this forum ever played this game......i find that hard to believe.

Demo only.

I think after see Duke 3d and Doom, so it left me cold. (And it was no System Shock. I was more of a space sim fan anyways. Give me your Privateer or Wing Commander.) big grin

Regardless, kind of a risky move reviving a third rate ip, considering the vastly more popular Duke Nukem was panned for having the gameplay of a 1990's something title...

ROTT will need to be something special, and probably nothing like it's roots.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hexen was even better then Heretic personally......both were still good tho.

Well, yes, I preferred Hexen, and then in turn Hexen 2 and eventually Half-Life etc, but I was talking in contemporary terms to ROTT. Both ROTT and Heretic pioneered looking up and down in FPS games.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

ROTT will need to be something special, and probably nothing like it's roots.

Disagree there

this reboot still would still need to be somewhat like the original while updating it for today's gen

just take a look at Serious Sam 3 still kept alot of thing intact while going for something new for the graphics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.