Isn't Temuera Morrison too short?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
You know; like Jango Fett is supposed to be the father 4 the Clone Army? Well, isn't Temuera Morrison too short, because remember the Stormtroopers are supposed to be fairly tall. Leia said to Luke, "You're short for a stormtrooper", but yet Temuera Morrison is even shorter tha Mark Hammil. Temuera Morrison is only 5.7, according to IMDb. Why didn't they choose someone that height? He should be taller than that shouldn't he?

queeq
Why was a father for the Clones necessary for the narrative at all?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by queeq
Why was a father for the Clones necessary for the narrative at all? What do you mean?

General G
Jango wasn't used as a template for the stormtroopers, only the clone troopers. The stormtroopers were "normal people."

focus4chumps
does it get any more anal than this?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by General G
Jango wasn't used as a template for the stormtroopers, only the clone troopers. The stormtroopers were "normal people." Ahh... Right, but most people seem to think that stormtroopers are clone troopers + Leia said to Lukr, "You're short 4 a stormtrooper". If stormtroopers are usually a certain height, then it would wor if they were clones.

queeq
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
What do you mean?

I mean, whatever was the narrative reason to make the template of the clones so important? It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett. Like he needed some backstory... To me, it was a lot of emphasis on nothing. The real clue in that clone creation story was Syfo Dyas and nothing was done with that.

General G
I mean, whatever was the narrative reason to make the template of the clones so important? It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett. Like he needed some backstory... To me, it was a lot of emphasis on nothing. The real clue in that clone creation story was Syfo Dyas and nothing was done with that.

And Boba's performance was just horrendous. That dog fight scene against OB1 with him yipping for joy makes me cringe.

Every.

Single.

Time.

queeq
At least he didn't say: Yipppeee... wink

General G
I don't even think that would have made it worse. It would have been just as bad. At least then there would be consistency in Star Wars.

C-3POTheClever
I mean, whatever was the narrative reason to make the template of the clones so important? It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett. Like he needed some backstory... To me, it was a lot of emphasis on nothing. The real clue in that clone creation story was Syfo Dyas and nothing was done with that. I suppose it wasn't particularly important.

queeq
Exactly, yet, they took more than half a film dealing with that.

DARTH POWER
It just seems to me Lucas felt it was necessary to have Fetts in there or to give exposition for Fett.

Yep.

He says in the ROTJ Audio commentary that if he had known how popular Boba Fett would become then he would never have had him get killed so easily.

So it's pretty obvious he was making up for that with Jango Fett having such a big part in AOTC.

roughrider
Originally posted by General G
And Boba's performance was just horrendous. That dog fight scene against OB1 with him yipping for joy makes me cringe.

Every.

Single.

Time.

You want a kid not to act like a kid, who idolizes his Dad even though he's being schooled in the mercenary arts?

If there was just some young kids in the OT, then maybe people would have quit this criticism of young kids by now; Luke was just the closest thing ("But I was going to go over to toshi station to pick up some power converters!" , "Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" - and so on.) wink

queeq
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yep.

He says in the ROTJ Audio commentary that if he had known how popular Boba Fett would become then he would never have had him get killed so easily.

So it's pretty obvious he was making up for that with Jango Fett having such a big part in AOTC.

And indeed, Young Boba became the biggest thing in movie merchandise ever... NOT. Guess Lucas didn't really get why Fett was so popular.

DARTH POWER
And indeed, Young Boba became the biggest thing in movie merchandise ever... NOT. Guess Lucas didn't really get why Fett was so popular.

I'm sure Jango Fett must have sold some though.

roughrider

George Lucas doesn't get the character he created...that's become such a tired criticism from fans, who think they know Star Wars better than he does.

queeq
I didn't day that he didn't get the character. He created them, he prolly gets them better than most (unless he changes their characters *cough* Solo *cough*)

I said he didn't get why Fett was so popular. Lucas says he never expected that, for him Fett was a minor character. With the PT he clearly felt that the OT Fett popularity gave reason to give him some backstory. But I doubt Fett fans were waiting for that.

DARTH POWER
^ I personally was hoping to see Boba Fett fight Jedi in the PT. He gave us Jango Fett instead. Fair Do's.

AOTC was my least favorite of the PT but Jango was one few of the things I liked in the movie. Him and Count Dooku.

queeq
True, other than that, not a great film.

C-3POTheClever
True, other than that, not a great film. Obi Wan was also good in AOTC. Also, seeing Yoda fight was awsome! It did have other good elements.

DARTH POWER
^ I don't personally think it wasn't a good film. Just disappointing by SW Standards Imo.

Yes they gave Obi-Wan some character, something which seemed kind of absent from the Jedi in TPM.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ I don't personally think it wasn't a good film. Just disappointing by SW Standards Imo.

Yes they gave Obi-Wan some character, something which seemed kind of absent from the Jedi in TPM. I thought TPM was a much weeker film personally. AOTC is mixed 4 me, because it does hjave its selemnts that I really like, but also other elements that I like a lot kless than any other star wars episode. There are parts of it (pleaes don't hate on me 4 saying this) that I actully like more than Episode 4, but I will say that the film could have been better. Te romance really sucked! It was cheesey & closhay, but I found the clone story interesting, & the action was really cool. Seeing Yoa fight is my favourite part of it. I find Episode 1 to be worse. I don't hate Episode 1 either, but I find the film to be boring for the most part, & Jar Jar Binks was a bit overdone. But it's the lightsaber fight @ the end that really redeems the film for me. It's one of my favourite duels in the whole saga. It is a shame that they killed Maul off in such a stupid way though.

queeq
Yeah... seems like fan finally get to grips with these films. They were not history in amaking.

DARTH POWER
Yeah... seems like fan finally get to grips with these films. They were not history in amaking.

They were saving all the history making for the clone wars stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.