The Monitors Vs The Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
1. Which race has BETTER TECHNOLOGY?
2. Who wins in a cosmic fight?

Mandrakk
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/838650-mandrakk_large.jpg
COIE Anti-Monitor
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1171257-burn002_large.jpg
Nix Uotan
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/643125-page00a_large.jpg
Rox Ogama
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/rox.jpg
The Monitor
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1093/105457-29739-monitor_large.PNG

vs

Scathan
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35698/1674336-243px_scathan2_large.jpg
One Above All
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/684692-oaa_stands_large.jpg
Exitar
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/667741-up_yours_2_large.jpg
Dreaming Celestial
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/2110711-history001_large.jpg
Arishem
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/2215427-celestials001_large.jpg

dynamix
I'm not too familiar with the tech stuff so no idea in the first segment.

the 2nd...most likely the main debate will be between Scathan vs Mandrakk. Mandrakk being so powerful it needed an actual literal embodiment of "plot device" to defeat it (cosmic armor supe). And Scathan...well...scathan muzzled some young cosmic snot whom i believe was schooling LT and on route to be the TOAA or some crap like that.

I'm giving this to Mandrakk cause i really really REALLY hate the Scathan/Protege storyline lol! Not a strong reason but who cares, it's my post lol. woof.

PillarofOsiris
I don't think that last picture is Arishem.

SquallX
COIE Anti was a beast, surviving the blast that restarted the DC Multiverse. Then you add Mandrakk that made the shit Anti did like it was nothing.

Mandrakk was as big as Superman, and said Superman was holding the DC Multiverse in the palm of his hands.

Monitors rape. Hell, Mandrakk alone without plot device to hinders him can take on all the Celestials by himself.

Galan007
monitors win.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I don't think that last picture is Arishem. it's eson, i do believe.

JayDaDon
Toaa is a celestial?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Toaa is a celestial?

There is 'a' celestial called TOAA. Not the same as TOAA whoe rules over all of MArvel.

guy222
celestials ftw

SquallX
Originally posted by guy222
celestials ftw

Surely you jest.

Name me one thing the Celestials have done that Mandrakk alone can't accomplish.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by SquallX
Surely you jest.

Name me one thing the Celestials have done that Mandrakk alone can't accomplish.

U could put an eternal or a celestial against ANYONE and he would say "Celestial ftw" or "eternal ftw". Haven't you noticed this by now?

Golgo13
What is the highest Celestial feat besides Scathan's?

abhilegend
Monitors.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Golgo13
What is the highest Celestial feat besides Scathan's? Making Mr Sinister awesome again

SquallX
U could put an eternal or a celestial against ANYONE and he would say "Celestial ftw" or "eternal ftw". Haven't you noticed this by now?

I guess you're right. I mean it took a story within a story, the ultimate plot device to beat Mandrakk, how do you just ignore such feat?

I just wanted for him to name a feat that trump that.

guy222

huh

zopzop
Surely you jest.

Name me one thing the Celestials have done that Mandrakk alone can't accomplish. Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Scathan does NOT approve!

Celestials take this. Scathan was > Protege or the LT.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Making Mr Sinister awesome again

thumb up Good point.

-Pr-
Making Mr Sinister awesome again

thumb up

guy222
scathan is neat big grin

TheGodKiller
Celestials .

TheTyrant
Celestials.

Golgo13
Do Celestials have any durability feats in the league of the toughest Monitors?

TheGodKiller
I don't think that last picture is Arishem.
You're right . That's the Mad Celestials' version of Eson .

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
Scathan does NOT approve!

Celestials take this. Scathan was > Protege or the LT. True, this is kind of what was shown. But, it still doesn't make sense.
It rankles my fur. confused

guy222
and its canon

some marvel experts still saying scathan will appear again

zopzop
Originally posted by Horrificus
True, this is kind of what was shown. But, it still doesn't make sense.
It rankles my fur. confused
That's not even the most stressing part. Did you see where the Protege claimed to be the new TOAA and no one disputed his claim!

Then Scathan took his @$$ out!

Golgo13
So, does Celestials have any feats besides that?

zopzop
So, does Celestials have any feats besides that?
Aside from the Thor 300 issue, you have confirmed universal level reality warpers in fear of their lives from ONE Celestial. It was stated on panel multiple times that the Celestials were "many orders of magnitude of power" beyond Cube Beings (by Cube Beings themselves).

Golgo13
When did they warp a universe?

zopzop
When did they warp a universe?
The Celestials didn't. Kubik did and he admitted twice on panel in two separate issues that Cube Beings like himself are as nothing to the Celestials.

TheGodKiller
Aside from the Thor 300 issue, you have confirmed universal level reality warpers in fear of their lives from ONE Celestial. It was stated on panel multiple times that the Celestials were "many orders of magnitude of power" beyond Cube Beings (by Cube Beings themselves).
616-Celestials are probably the only breed of Celestials who can lay claim to such a level of power .
Along with the Mad Celestials perhaps .

Golgo13
The Celestials didn't. Kubik did and he admitted twice on panel in two separate issues that Cube Beings like himself are as nothing to the Celestials.

So, they are more implied? COIE AM at his fullest destroyed a near infinite number of universes. Celestials don't impressive me as much as some of the Monitors.

zopzop
So, they are more implied? COIE AM at his fullest destroyed a near infinite number of universes. Celestials don't impressive me as much as some of the Monitors.
Nope, not implied. Outright STATED by Cube Beings themselves.

Golgo13
Stated but not shown.

zopzop
Stated but not shown.
If a character (acting as narrator) tells you repeatedly that "I'm no match for person X", you sort of have to take their word for it no? Especially if the same character uttered that statement in two separate issues.

SquallX
While Mandrakk on panel was eating all of the DC continuity. It took the ultimate plot device to stop.

Nothing the Celetials have done can compare to that.

Also just because someone said there more powerful than TOAA, and no one said anything doens't prove shit.

TOAA=Omnipotent.
Protoge claims he= to TOAA.

Yet he was beating by another being. How do you beat an Omnipotent? That shit Protoge was claiming was just him bullshitting. He had no feats of said Omnipotent to backed up he's claims.

zopzop
While Mandrakk on panel was eating all of the DC continuity. It took the ultimate plot device to stop.

Also just because someone said there more powerful than TOAA, and no one said anything doens't prove shit.

TOAA=Omnipotent.

Yet he was beating by another being. How do you beat an Omnipotent? That shit Protoge was claiming was just him bullshitting. He had no feats of said Omnipotent to backed up he's claims.
On panel he was greater than the LT, Eternity and all beings present at his trial. The LT couldn't even pass judgement on him without drawing additional power from an outside source that the Protege hadn't observed.

The Protege was OWNED by Scathan.

Golgo13
What about the Mad Celestials? Do they have any on panel feats?

zopzop
What about the Mad Celestials? Do they have any on panel feats?
The Mad Celestials were pathetic. They couldn't even put down Thing and Human Torch with the Cosmic Control Rod was burning through their armor. laughing

Golgo13
Then what was all the hoopla about them?

zopzop
Then what was all the hoopla about them?
I don't know. I never got it myself. They seemed pathetic to me.

SquallX
On panel he was greater than the LT, Eternity and all beings present at his trial. The LT couldn't even pass judgement on him without drawing additional power from an outside source that the Protege hadn't observed.

The Protege was OWNED by Scathan.

Are you even paying attention to what you're typing?

You're still claiming Protoge=TOAA just because the LT couldn't pass Judgement, yet he lost to a being that's not even on TOAA level. That makes no sense.

Golgo13

TOAA=Omnipotent.

Mandrakk is impressive, depending on how you look at it, but AM wiped out countless universes and Nix tanked a universe level explosion.

zopzop
Are you even paying attention to what you're typing?

You're still claiming Protoge=TOAA just because the LT couldn't pass Judgement, yet he lost to a being that's not even on TOAA level. That makes no sense.
What we do know is the Protege was BEYOND even the LT himself. The only other time that's happened on panel was when Thanos had the HotU.

Whatever Scathan was, he was GREATER than the LT AND the Protege.

Golgo13
LT sucks.

Jynocidus
tv_horror

ares834
Mandrakk solos.

Jynocidus
Celestials in both

the Darkone
Monitors in both!

dynamix
Even though i hated the dam arc, it did show on panel that Scathan was able to contain Protege while LT couldn't. Gawd i hated that story, lol!

Black bolt z
What was the arc name of what Scathan/Protege were in?

Jynocidus
Celestials win in both but I'd just like to add that I do not think Protege > LT

Scathan either

Golgo13
Tech feats for C's?

iceman24567
Monitors win

kevdude
The Monitors as well.

dynamix
Originally posted by Black bolt z

it was a guardians of the galaxy story, i believe.

dynamix
Originally posted by Black bolt z

it was a guardians of the galaxy story, i believe.

Golgo13
BUMP for Operator.

Galan007
As far as who has the best tech, I'm not sure how the Celestials can possibly compare..?

Monitor nano-tech was city-sized(within the 3rd dimension, obviously), and possessed infinite memory capacity.
Monitors created the Orrery of Worlds-- a tech-like 'prison' which houses/contains the entire multiverse.
A Monitor created the Cosmic Armor.
Monitors can recreate entire universes, and correct time anomalies as well.
Monitor shielding can tank universe-busting explosions at ground zero.
Etc.

Reflassshh
Monitors FTW.

operator616
I honestly think that Scathan is a bit too much. He's above LT.

Not to mention the other ridiculous feats the Celestials have under their belt (which are beyond the Monitors) like creating the multiverse, and they're the ones who introduced reality warping to the x gene, and we know what ridiculous feats the reality warping mutants themselves have done.

Decimus
Monitors 9/10

Jynocidus
ya'll are on crack, no one is above LT

Golgo13
Squirrel Girl and Ambush Bug are. stick out tongue

janus77
LT stands for Less Than. And what follows is Hulk.

Golgo13
Originally posted by janus77
LT stands for Less Than. And what follows is Hulk.

Is that the one who killed LT not so long ago?

janus77
Is that the one who killed LT not so long ago?
Could very well be... Who knows. Apparently just stalemating a somewhat miffed Hulk takes up the larger part of an abstract entity's energies. So maybe Betty was on the blob and Bruce had gotten an earful ... LT just happened to be there, something to punch at...

Branlor Swift
Could very well be... Who knows. Apparently just stalemating a somewhat miffed Hulk takes up the larger part of an abstract entity's energies. So maybe Betty was on the blob and Bruce had gotten an earful ... LT just happened to be there, something to punch at... Stalemating? Larger part?

The Order half of In-Betweener who was splitting his power all throughout Shield was actively holding Hulk captive for a while, though it took up a decent amount of power. He also said he was struggling to hold Dr Strange too. But then again, it was only half of his power, that was farther being split across the entirety of SHIELD.

I already see how badly this has gotten misconstrued...

janus77
Stalemating? Larger part?

The Order half of In-Betweener who was splitting his power all throughout Shield was actively holding Hulk captive for a while, though it took up a decent amount of power. He also said he was struggling to hold Dr Strange too. But then again, it was only half of his power, that was farther being split across the entirety of SHIELD.

I already see how badly this has gotten misconstrued...
You realise that even if it was a tenth of his power, it'd still be a phenomenal feat, right?

Just barely containing Hulk, required that much power?

And he did state that the larger part of his powers were being consumed in holding back The Hulk. He stated that twice, from the scans.

Branlor Swift
You realise that even if it was a tenth of his power, it'd still be a phenomenal feat, right?

Just barely containing Hulk, required that much power?

And he did state that the larger part of his powers were being consumed in holding back The Hulk. He stated that twice, from the scans. I realize. It is in no way a bad feat, but it's not a "Hulk is anywhere near IB level" either.

He wasn't barely containing him though. Just using a lot of energy. Hulk was thoroughly contained.

And it was stated many times he was splitting his powers among the entirety of SHIELD in the actual comic. Oh yeah, I forgot he was holding his other half too...
http://i39.tinypic.com/30m3m1g.jpg

Basically, whatever wasn't being split, was mostly spent holding Hulk (and the "Defenders"wink. A feat that could still range from trans to skyfather level though... maybe even more...

Also, the next issue seems to have something to do with the IG/Phoenix. If I had to guess, the Chaos half of IB is controlling Kingpin while Kingpin has it while some people look like Hulk...
If that happens, you have my permission to go nuts with the IB feat.
http://i41.tinypic.com/29uuagg.jpg

quanchi112
Celestials win.

Golgo13
Could very well be... Who knows. Apparently just stalemating a somewhat miffed Hulk takes up the larger part of an abstract entity's energies. So maybe Betty was on the blob and Bruce had gotten an earful ... LT just happened to be there, something to punch at...

The way Hickman is writing some of these cosmics, I wouldn't be surprised.

Branlor Swift
I realize. It is in no way a bad feat, but it's not a "Hulk is anywhere near IB level" either.

He wasn't barely containing him though. Just using a lot of energy. Hulk was thoroughly contained.

And it was stated many times he was splitting his powers among the entirety of SHIELD in the actual comic. Oh yeah, I forgot he was holding his other half too...
http://i39.tinypic.com/30m3m1g.jpg

Basically, whatever wasn't being split, was mostly spent holding Hulk (and the "Defenders"wink. A feat that could still range from trans to skyfather level though... maybe even more...

Also, the next issue seems to have something to do with the IG/Phoenix. If I had to guess, the Chaos half of IB is controlling Kingpin while Kingpin has it while some people look like Hulk...
If that happens, you have my permission to go nuts with the IB feat.
http://i41.tinypic.com/29uuagg.jpg

Great guess handsome stranger. You really know how to see the future

leonidas
^what series is all that taking place in? been on a few months hiatus from marvel.....like to do all my catching up at once.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by leonidas
^what series is all that taking place in? been on a few months hiatus from marvel.....like to do all my catching up at once. Longshot Shaves the Marvel Universe

leonidas
longshot shaves now huh? with that baby face? guess my hiatus has been longer than i thought. sneer

guy222
Saves. Celestials FTW

Golgo13
Great guess handsome stranger. You really know how to see the future

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.