Top 5/10 Original Animes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthTheDominat
These are for animes that aren't manga or light novel adaptations but ones that were made originally as anime.

Post as many as you want, you can use the 5/10 list as a guideline.

My list will follow shortly.

DarthTheDominat
Kaiba
Kemonozume
C
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro
Samurai Champloo
Darker than Black

HM - Martian Successor Nadesico

T-Wrecks
Original Anime? Is there such a thing, even ones that seem original end up being based on light novels or ADV games :P I'm kidding of course, there are original anime, but it can be hard to judge some times, especially when they make manga adaptations which just make things confusing (I actually read the Evangelion manga before seeing the anime).

Bebop, definitely
Samurai Champloo, sure
Ninja Scroll (I think this isn't based on anything)
Big O
Gundam was an anime first right?

This list is more anime that I could remember being original, not so much a best of the best :P

DarthTheDominat
Ah totally forgot about Ninja Scroll, yeh that would count. So does Gundam.

I'd also count things that are loosely based off of western novels or classical eastern novels such as Gankutsuou.

As a general rule I like to read/watch the anime/manga/light novels in the original format of the story, so for the most part this is basically just my favorite anime list, thought I have also watched anime adaptations like Monster, Berserk, Akira etc.

Gecko4lif
C
scryed
samurai champloo
cowboy bebop
ttgl
FLCL
Big O

T-Wrecks
TTGL? What's that?

Q99
Originally posted by T-Wrecks
TTGL? What's that?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Giant robot show with hot-blooded action and drills.

Blight
Originally posted by Q99
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Giant robot show with hot-blooded action and drills. Isn't another anime with Giant Robots fighting still "Another anime with Giant Robots fighting?" Or was it what they did with them that made it original?

T-Wrecks
Originally posted by Blight
Isn't another anime with Giant Robots fighting still "Another anime with Giant Robots fighting?" Or was it what they did with them that made it original?

The first half of the series is actually pretty original (and fun), but the second half degrades into a typical mech anime filled with melodrama and pointless character deaths, so it's sort of half and half wink

Astner
The thread title is somewhat misleading as 5/10 can be read as five out of ten.

Besides, this thread was already made. Here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.