Superman vs Captain Marvel (slightly different)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
Okay, this isn't the same old Boy scout Supes vs "in over his head because he's a little kid" Captain Marvel.

7 years in the future, Billy Batson is a teenager. He gets all the hormones and angst that comes with the territory. He lashes out, is continually angry, and becomes a severe problem child.

Billy changes into Cap M. and all his teenage rage goes with him. Superman begins to lecture him about some sort of thing and Billy flips out.

How does THIS Captain Marvel fare against Superman, throwing all his angst and rage into him without holding back?

PillarofOsiris
Superman still wins.

Harbinger
So, this is a bloodlusted Billy vs. a Supes that's holding back I'm assuming?

Captain Marvel wins a majority.

DarkSaint85
Marvel should almost never be in over his head - Wisdom of Solomon and all that.

Q99
One thing about Superman vs CM fights- they're almost always done as a pure slugfest.

If Superman focuses more on range, he should win even if Billy is really aggressive.

CosmicComet
This thread sucks.

abhilegend
Already happened in POS 46, superman stalemated him while trying to talk him down. Superman although less holding back stalemated a all out cap in MOS 102. Superman 6/10.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by abhilegend
Already happened in POS 46, superman stalemated him while trying to talk him down. Superman although less holding back stalemated a all out cap in MOS 102. Superman 6/10.

thumb up

carver9
Captain Marvel 8/10 in a normal battle.

In this type of battle, he loses the majority.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Captain Marvel 8/10 in a normal battle.

In this type of battle, he loses the majority.
Lulz.

Nihilist
Cap would win

h1a8
Supes would win, he has ranged attacks (including freeze breath that will slow CM down some) and is faster in combat.

Stoic
^ Is Superman faster?

PillarofOsiris
It would be nearly impossible to prove CM is faster than Superman, though I'd love to see someone try (in all seriousness). Based on feats, it's perfectly clear Superman is faster. By a lot.

Colossus-Big C
Superman is a piec

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
^ Is Superman faster?

Generally yes, though Billy isn't exactly slow.

CosmicComet
^ Is Superman faster?

flight speed i would say so, reflexes probably about on par.

carver9
I would give Captain Marvel the edge against "any" Superman type character, including Superman himself. Captain Marvel and Adam is a beast.

zeel
Originally posted by Q99
One thing about Superman vs CM fights- they're almost always done as a pure slugfest.

If Superman focuses more on range, he should win even if Billy is really aggressive.

NAh if supes tries to range him hes toast. billy will zap him with shazam thunder bolts. BIlly is fast enough to avoid supes and prevent the absolutly retarded grab fest supes pulls to revert billy into his teenage form. Personally never seen billy lose control so dont know what will happen. And dont want to hear the crap about supes rushing billy and grabbing him to convert him to billy. AT range cap on his game supes is not fast enough for marvel to not see this coming. Supes has a slight speed advantage but its not like alot. Supes has shown weakness to billys magical lighting. I havent seen billy show much weakness to HV.

still giving the edge to supes.

h1a8
^ Is Superman faster?

In combat yes. Now we use a characters entire history as evidence and not just the times Superman has fought CM. Thus using Superman's entire history he is significantly faster in combat. Also he can become intangible, something CM can't do.

Even assuming they have the same combat speed then Superman would still be tens to hundreds of times faster by simply slowing CM down a little with freeze breath. Supes known to multi task his powers in combat which is a huge advantage against CM.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by CosmicComet
flight speed i would say so, reflexes probably about on par.

Based on what? Weren't you the one claiming Superman could beat 100,000 Thors because he was so fast? Exactly what combat speed feats from CM put him on par with Superman? I know both characters quite well so I'll answer that for you, it's not even close.

Travel speed or combat speed there is ZERO WAYS to make an argument CM is even close to Superman.

Stoic
I guess I was putting too much stock into the Justice books when Captain Marvel had to race down the infected Flash, and how no one else could do it which included Superman. I guess I was thinking that that Cap was the same as the regular Cap.

abhilegend
I guess I was putting too much stock into the Justice books when Captain Marvel had to race down the infected Flash, and how no one else could do it which included Superman. I guess I was thinking that that Cap was the same as the regular Cap.

Superman is confirmed faster than cap even in the byrne era

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Speed/flight/firstthunder02a.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Marvel should almost never be in over his head - Wisdom of Solomon and all that. Teenage Hormones cancel out the Wisdom of Solomon everytime.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Teenage Hormones cancel out the Wisdom of Solomon everytime.

This........ is the idea...

Seen a few times where Cap and Supes had a disagreement and slugged it out..... Cap had the upper hand several times before and stopped, like the writer had him thinking "I"m really fighting Superman, my friend? Maybe I should stop? etc......."

Seen in comics and even in animation.

I'm hoping teenage hormones and angst cancel out his hesitation to make it more interesting..

Q99
Originally posted by zeel
NAh if supes tries to range him hes toast. billy will zap him with shazam thunder bolts.

Those also require him to be pretty close (the bolts come at him, and he just needs to make sure his target's in the way).

He doesn't need a weakness to it- Superman just needs to use it to dish out damage at range where it's tricky for Billy to respond.

Superman pretty much never uses HV or freeze breath when they're fighting.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Based on what? Weren't you the one claiming Superman could beat 100,000 Thors because he was so fast? Exactly what combat speed feats from CM put him on par with Superman? I know both characters quite well so I'll answer that for you, it's not even close.

Travel speed or combat speed there is ZERO WAYS to make an argument CM is even close to Superman.

Please, actually attempt to read my entire argument in the future. They are in different companies, Thor gets no power scaling rights to Superman at all.

CM is another story. He doesn't have the laundry list of feats, but he does have history, statements, and handbooks/guidebooks that put him on par with Superman--while those same handbooks put Diana and J'onn lower than Superman--in both strength and speed, so you know its making a conscious distinction in levels. Besides this I'm pretty sure CM has a time suspension feat or two as well.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman is confirmed faster than cap even in the byrne era

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Speed/flight/firstthunder02a.jpg

That's what I was talking about when I referred to flight speed.

Anyway, Superman wins this thread.

cdtm
On Cap, CC's right.. He has feats that prove he's a top end speedster.

Debating whether he's faster than Superman (And the scan here from an early Cap story, isn't conclusive, imo..), doesn't change the fact he's faster than most...

abhilegend
i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/heroes/supermanv2216h.jpg

"In the blink of even your eye, I can be in the center of metropolis."

h1a8
Many here don't even discuss one of his most cheap powers other than the speed one.
It's his super breath.
He can freeze herald level beings instantly. Of course they can eventually break out but this creates A HUGE ASS speed difference the moment he does it. Superman can stop CM momentarily everytime and anytime he wants with the freeze breath.
Superman can also multi task with the freeze breath.
He can punch, kick, hv blast, and maneuver all while freezing breathing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.