Super Skrull vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trollfacejpg
Superskrull vs IronMan

Cis/Pis off.
Fight takes place in open plain.
Both are Current.

Seemed like a good fight to me.

pym-ftw
Kl'rt should win 10/10 if not jobbing

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw

I'm not sure about that, unless Iron Man would be unable to track him in his invisible state.

Strength should be about even, speed and computational navigation (slipping past obstacles and such) should easily go to Iron Man.

Iron Man should easily be able to effectively suppress SS's flame effectively grounding him, and giving him an even larger speed advantage.

Targeting and response times should go to Iron Man, and he would be able to map SS's muscular twich fibers and react before SS can get off anything capable of endangering him.

Nanite tech that Iron Man could infect SS either by injection, or airborne strain could successfully shut him down on a cellular level making him ready to be transported to the Negative Zone for processing.

IMO CIS off Iron Man kicks his ass in hard, and locks him down.

I am Iron Man!
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all
Or if he moves will he fall?

Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care?

He was turned to steel
In the great magnetic field
When he travelled time
For the future of mankind

Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will soon unfold

Now the time is here
For Iron Man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge

Heavy boots of lead
Fills his victims full of dread
Running as fast as they can
Iron Man lives again!

-Lyrics by Black Sabbath-

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

zopzop
A non jobbing SS would DESTROY Iron Man.

JakeTheBank
Maybe if K'lrt isn't jobbing and Iron Man is. Given Iron Man's feats and what he's capable of without PIS/CIS, I don't see him being destroyed.

Newjak
Klrt can be a GL lite when he is using Sue's powers to their fullest.

Stoic
Originally posted by Newjak

I bet SS could beat a bunch of GL's just not the ones that matter, then again so could Iron Man, but let's not turn our attentions to a character, and power set that does not exist in this thread as some way of taking measure. SS would lose due to IM's ability to shut him down, if we're going the CISless route. And when I say shut him down, I mean every single time.

SS wouldn't be able to even get off a shot without IM knowing before he ever made the attempt, His only chance is to be able to go undetected via invisibility, but does that mask his heat signature, or other bio signatures? A whole lot of people may not understand, or realize what a CISless up to date IM brings to the table. For the record, it's more than SS could ever begin to bargain for.

cdtm
What's IM's nanites going to do against a bubble expanding in his head?

Sue Richards power can, imo, defeat even Thor 10/10, because of how broken it is... (You can't even defend against it, as it's simply willed into body parts.. And can even skirt around shields and defenses...)

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
What's IM's nanites going to do against a bubble expanding in his head?

Sue Richards power can, imo, defeat even Thor 10/10, because of how broken it is... (You can't even defend against it, as it's simply willed into body parts.. And can even skirt around shields and defenses...)

Effectively stop his brain from higher level functions, disallowing him to form a bubble that expands within his head. What does SS do when IM decides to use his stealth tech and cruise in undetected? With tech Tony would have a lot more weapons to bring to the fight than SS does.

Also Thor is not in this thread, nor does he have IM's power set, so although Thor may defeat IM, it does not give you the opportunity to use any of his strengths or weaknesses to help SS's case. Sue has also learned how to use her powers in ways that SS has not. There is a limit to the CISless clause, and it should never be used in the way that you may be suggesting. There is context behind Sue's ability to do things with her powers, and in those times that she has done something new SS was not present.

It's like saying that since Bill has Thor's ability that he would do all of the things that Thor would do, or that his scope for power usage would result in the same effect.

zopzop
Super Skrull has powers not even the FF has (antimatter fire bomb for example) and his powers go beyond theirs (SS's stretching ability extends for HUNDREDS of miles, compare that to Reed's). Idiot writers just job him out or conveniently leave out this stuff.

SS absolutely destroys Iron Man.

cdtm
IM needs to get the nanites into SS's body, though. Needs to get in close to do that, doesn't he?

SS has options to stop Stark at range, before he gets that chance. (Even something as simple as turtling behind a force field could stop nanite intrusion..)

AlmightyKfish
Since when does Tony pack anti Skrull nanites as standard equipment?

I mean, the last time he tried to use nanites offensively was like, WWH wasn't it? And even then he had to physically inject them (which won't work on Kl'rt, as piercing his skin whilst he uses Reed's powers will be borderline impossible), and Kl'rt could isolate them within his body using his skrull shapeshifting...

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Super Skrull has powers not even the FF has (antimatter fire bomb for example) and his powers go beyond theirs (SS's stretching ability extends for HUNDREDS of miles, compare that to Reed's). Idiot writers just job him out or conveniently leave out this stuff.

SS absolutely destroys Iron Man.

So every defeat was PIS or CIS? Since he is that much better than Reed, which from you description would give him about 100 x the ability to outstretch him, that would also mean that the same thing would need to be said about his strength and Ben's strength right? his is where the BS must stop. He has never been that strong on panel and if so he would be catapulted from the high meta or low herald up to the trans level big boys club. Bull. These over exaggerations need to stop. Fixit beat him up.

You know what there comes a time after seeing a competent character lose so many times that you just have to call it what it is. SS is a trained warrior as mentioned in several of his appearances, to call him stupid after this much time doesn't work for me.

-Pr-
WWH he didn't have the nanites though, as they'd been taken from him.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by -Pr-
WWH he didn't have the nanites though, as they'd been taken from him.

Yeah, but my point was just that he had to prepare those especially, threat specific nanites are hardly something we've seen him carrying around all the time.

Stoic
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Since when does Tony pack anti Skrull nanites as standard equipment?

I mean, the last time he tried to use nanites offensively was like, WWH wasn't it? And even then he had to physically inject them (which won't work on Kl'rt, as piercing his skin whilst he uses Reed's powers will be borderline impossible), and Kl'rt could isolate them within his body using his skrull shapeshifting...

When you're talking Iron Man, you're talking tech. Iron Man is Tony, and as such he has built equipment capable of staving off Magneto's powers, Xavier's TP. busting Hulk's. Busting Thor's. Do you think that he would not have tech to bust Skrull's? This is CISless Iron Man, meaning he would certainly have tech to bust the Super Skrull. Unless this is CISless Super Skrull vs CIS on Iron Man.

Yeah, but my point was just that he had to prepare those especially, threat specific nanites are hardly something we've seen him carrying around all the time.

Remember this is a CISless match.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
So every defeat was PIS or CIS? Since he is that much better than Reed, which from you description would give him about 100 x the ability to outstretch him, that would also mean that the same thing would need to be said about his strength and Ben's strength right? his is where the BS must stop. He has never been that strong on panel and if so he would be catapulted from the high meta or low herald up to the trans level big boys club. Bull. These over exaggerations need to stop. Fixit beat him up.

You know what there comes a time after seeing a competent character lose so many times that you just have to call it what it is. SS is a trained warrior as mentioned in several of his appearances, to call him stupid after this much time doesn't work for me.
No Stoic, ON PANEL, it was shown that his stretching ability DWARFS Reed's AND he has fire/energy manipulation power that the HT doesn't (the antimatter fireball). I never mentioned Thing so don't put words in my mouth.

He also has his hypnotic stare power and his Skrullian shapeshifting abilities.

If he was written properly he'd be a solid Mid Herald being and stomp Stark every time.

AlmightyKfish
When you're talking Iron Man, you're talking tech. Iron Man is Tony, and as such he has built equipment capable of staving off Magneto's powers, Xavier's TP. busting Hulk's. Busting Thor's. Do you think that he would not have tech to bust Skrull's? This is CISless Iron Man, meaning he would certainly have tech to nust the Super Skrull. Unless this is CISless Super Skrull vs CIS on Iron Man.

No I agree he'd have the tech...somewhere. All of the stuff you've mentioned is stuff he's done with prep, which he doesn't have here. With prep time sure Tony could whip something up, but here he's just got what's in his current armour, which has not been shown to have any specific anti Skrull defences or weaponry.

And Tony's usual offensive stuff (repulsors, uni beam etc) is not going to be enough to put Kl'rt down, whereas Kl'rt can do some serious damage to Tony.

Stoic
No Stoic, ON PANEL, it was shown that his stretching ability DWARFS Reed's AND he has fire/energy manipulation power that the HT doesn't (the antimatter fireball). I never mentioned Thing so don't put words in my mouth.

If he was written properly he'd be a solid Mid Herald being and stomp Stark every time.

Yes as it has always been stated that his powers are greater than the FF's but 100x greater? Over exaggerate much? If this is the case then it is not what you said but what I am saying. He would also be 100x strong than Ben. When was that ever shown on panel? In order for his feat to stand, wouldn't it be custom based on forum rules for him to have shown his ability to far outdo Reeds powers? Writers aren't scientists. Did you know that all stars produce anti matter? What was Johnny's Super Nova often compared to?

Besides why are you bringing up these anti matter bombs, and this and the other. The fight would never last that long to begin with. Tony would computationally map him out, and shut him down. Who cares about who is more powerful, that was never my argument. Being more powerful does not always win a fight. What would decide this is Tony's ability to shut SS down, and he has more than proven to be able to resort to this tactic in all the years that he has been around. However this Super Skrull that you are attempting to bring into play is beginning to resemble a trans level character, and not the Super Skrull. If that's your angle, then fine Tyrant wins.

zopzop
Yes as it has always been stated that his powers are greater than the FF's but 100x greater? Over exaggerate much? If this is the case then it is not what you said but what I am saying. He would also be 100x strong than Ben. When was that ever shown on panel? In order for his feat to stand, wouldn't it be custom based on forum rules for him to have shown his ability to far outdo Reeds powers? Writers aren't scientists. Did you know that all stars produce anti matter? What was Johnny's Super Nova often compared to?

Besides why are you bringing up these anti matter bombs, and this and the other. The fight would never last that long to begin with. Tony would computationally map him out, and shut him down. Who cares about who is more powerful, that was never my argument. Being more powerful does not always win a fight. What would decide this is Tony's ability to shut SS down, and he has more than proven to be able to resort to this tactic in all the years that he has been around. However this Super Skrull that you are attempting to bring into play is beginning to resemble a trans level character, and not the Super Skrull. If that's your angle, then fine Tyrant wins.
WTF are you talking about?

On panel, he was shown stretching for hundreds of miles. On panel he was shown to have a power not even the Human Torch had, the antimatter fireball/bomb (you'll also notice the the SS can flame on in the vacuum of space with no outside tech, unlike the Torch). Those were the examples I used. Don't try to put words in my mouth regarding crap I never said.

The antimatter fireball is a power he has. He fires it off just like he would an normal fireball! How would he not have time to get off a standard attack like that?

Stoic
No I agree he'd have the tech...somewhere. All of the stuff you've mentioned is stuff he's done with prep, which he doesn't have here. With prep time sure Tony could whip something up, but here he's just got what's in his current armour, which has not been shown to have any specific anti Skrull defences or weaponry.

And Tony's usual offensive stuff (repulsors, uni beam etc) is not going to be enough to put Kl'rt down, whereas Kl'rt can do some serious damage to Tony.

How many suits does Tony have? You see the tricky thing about arguing Iron Man is that you have to factor in Tony. Iron Man is Tony, and if the Super Skrull pops up into town you can bet that one of the worlds greatest minds isn't going to put on his Thor buster. He's going to put on a suit capable of defeating a foe that he has not just read about, but studied in depth. This is the tricky thing about CISless battles. Just remember that Tony is Iron man, Iron Man is not Tony, or we might as well send Rhodey in his stead, and expect him to do as well in as many scenarios.

cdtm
Be that as it may, he'd need prep to even grab an "anti specific armor". Otherwise, it's standard everything. Bats can't grab his Green K in a fight with Supes, without prep, can he?

No prep time given in this fight.

In the recent AvsX, we can assume Stark prepared for X-confrontations, and in other cases like WWH or his fight with Black Panther (Plastic armor nullify anti metal claws, stealth tech) he had reason and time to prepare.

But here, this is just a random fight.. Starks good, but he's not Adam West Batman, carrying anti-everything loadouts all the time.

Stoic
WTF are you talking about?

On panel, he was shown stretching for hundreds of miles. On panel he was shown to have a power not even the Human Torch had, the antimatter fireball/bomb (you'll also notice the the SS can flame on in the vacuum of space with no outside tech, unlike the Torch). Those were the examples I used. Don't try to put words in my mouth regarding crap I never said.

The antimatter fireball is a power he has. He fires it off just like he would an normal fireball! How would he not have time to get off a standard attack like that?

Tony has software that can map muscular twitch fibers like he did with Steve, and before SS attempted anything he would be shot in the mouth, face, ass, you name it. CISless remember? What about airborne breathable nanites? Who said that he had to stick him with them? The concept behind nanites are that they are as small a blood cells. That's pretty small, so unless the Super... I mean Trans Skrull has somehow developed microscopic Superman vision, he won't see when, or know when or how his powers have seemingly stopped working. Power isn't everything when you have the tech or tools to shut them down.

AlmightyKfish
Be that as it may, he'd need prep to even grab an "anti specific armor". Otherwise, it's standard everything. Bats can't grab his Green K in a fight with Supes, without prep, can he?

In the recent AvsX, we can assume Stark prepared for X-confrontations, and in other cases like WWH or his fight with Black Panther (Plastic armor nullify anti metal claws, stealth tech) he had reason and time to prepare.

But here, this is just a random fight.. Starks good, but he's not Adam West Batman, carrying anti-everything loadouts all the time.

My point exactly, even with CIS off Tony isn't carrying his entire armoury with him at all times.

Stoic

Every armor that Tony has is standard issue. he uses them for any given situation which is why he built so many of them. Are there armors that SS could defeat? Of course but over all Tony has the tech to shut SS down. This isn't Batman, Thor, Hal Jordan, it's Tony Stark.

zopzop
Tony has software that can map muscular twitch fibers like he did with Steve, and before SS attempting anything he would be shot in the mouth, fact, ass, you name it. CISless remember? What about airborne breathable nanites? Who said that he had to stick him with them? The concept behind nanites are that they are as small a blood cells. That's pretty small, so unless the Super... I mean Trans Skrull has somehow developed microscopic Superman vision, he won't see when, or know when or how his powers have seemingly stopped working. Power isn't everything when you have the tech or tools to shut them down.
PIS and CIS off, he'd never get a chance to lay a finger on SS. Let's see Tony get through IW's force fields (with no prep), then we'll talk.

cdtm
What about airborne breathable nanites?

O_o Does SS even need to breath?

celeyhyga17
Leaning towards Stark.

cdtm
Every armor that Tony has is standard issue. he uses them for any given situation which is why he built so many of them. Are there armors that SS could defeat? Of course but over all Tony has the tech to shut SS down. This isn't Batman, Thor, Hal Jordan, it's Tony Stark.

Back to the Batman example, he could beat Wolverine with Mr. Freezes cold gun. He has one in his armory..

The reason Batman can't use it, is the same reason Stark can't touch his specialty armors, unless the OP lays down rules claiming he can.

Basically, it's on your to prove Stark always carries nanotech around, and can manipulate them on the fly to affect anyone he wants..

zopzop
O_o Does SS even need to breath?
I would think not, seeing as how he routinely flies around in space unaided by any observable tech.

Stoic
PIS and CIS off, he'd never get a chance to lay a finger on SS. Let's see Tony get through IW's force fields (with no prep), then we'll talk.

You would have a case and a very strong one if he did not explicitly know Sue, or anything about the Super Skrull, but as we all know, Tony has built suits for the Hulk, Magneto, Xavier, under water adventures, stealth, the list goes on and on. The Super Skrull is fighting Tony Stark, and as I mentioned Tony is Iron Man not the other way around. Tony built something for Galactus. Just something to think about, and it's not as if he needs precious time to change suits, he could just techno-pathically refit while in combat. CIS off as it is.

Stoic
I would think not, seeing as how he routinely flies around in space unaided by any observable tech.

Does he have blood? A nervous system? we know that he at least has a nervous system or pain would not register.

Stoic
Back to the Batman example, he could beat Wolverine with Mr. Freezes cold gun. He has one in his armory..

The reason Batman can't use it, is the same reason Stark can't touch his specialty armors, unless the OP lays down rules claiming he can.

Basically, it's on your to prove Stark always carries nanotech around, and can manipulate them on the fly to affect anyone he wants..

You would have a case and a very strong one if he did not explicitly know Sue, or anything about the Super Skrull, but as we all know, Tony has built suits for the Hulk, Magneto, Xavier, under water adventures, stealth, the list goes on and on. The Super Skrull is fighting Tony Stark, and as I mentioned Tony is Iron Man not the other way around. Tony built something for Galactus. Just something to think about, and it's not as if he needs precious time to change suits, he could just techno-pathically refit while in combat. CIS off as it is.

zopzop
Does he have blood? A nervous system? we know that he at least has a nervous system or pain would not register.
How would he get to him? Even ignoring SS's shapeshifting and super elastic body, how would he get through SS's FF (PIS and CIS are off remember)?

Stoic
How would he get to him? Even ignoring SS's shapeshifting and super elastic body, how would he get through SS's FF (PIS and CIS are off remember)?

By not being able to be detected. Therefore unless SS always flies around with shields up Captain, he's going to be outsmarted, outgunned, out-shined, and locked down.

Newjak
I would think not, seeing as how he routinely flies around in space unaided by any observable tech. I think he does need to breath. If I remember correctly in Annihilation he used his ff powers to create an air bubble around his face.

I could be wrong though but I distinctly remember that.

zopzop
I think he does need to breath. If I remember correctly in Annihilation he used his ff powers to create an air bubble around his face.

I could be wrong though but I distinctly remember that.
If true, that's moronic (I'm not calling you moronic, I'm calling the writer moronic), because it goes against all the times he's fought in space with no tech and was just fine with the lack of oxygen there (note that he can flame on in a vacuum without tech too).

Newjak
I bet SS could beat a bunch of GL's just not the ones that matter, then again so could Iron Man, but let's not turn our attentions to a character, and power set that does not exist in this thread as some way of taking measure. SS would lose due to IM's ability to shut him down, if we're going the CISless route. And when I say shut him down, I mean every single time.

SS wouldn't be able to even get off a shot without IM knowing before he ever made the attempt, His only chance is to be able to go undetected via invisibility, but does that mask his heat signature, or other bio signatures? A whole lot of people may not understand, or realize what a CISless up to date IM brings to the table. For the record, it's more than SS could ever begin to bargain for. I wasn't referring to him beating them I was referring to the fact he can and has used his FF in a similar manner to a GL construct.

He was able to surround a ship in a bubble then alter the bubbles shape to break open the ship and remove the pilot almost like a hand.

As for this Tony Stark is Ironman and Ironman is not Tony Stark idea. We get what you are saying but what other people are saying is that the tech you are talking about is very specific to the characters he was fighting and he had that tech due to prep using specialty armors. This isn't a prep fight. This would be Tony as he is normally depicted randomly meeting and fighting SS without any previous prep.

So unless you can prove Tony can whip out any previous tech from his specialty armors on the fly than Tony can't use them in this fight.

Newjak
If true, that's moronic (I'm not calling you moronic, I'm calling the writer moronic), because it goes against all the times he's fought in space with no tech and was just fine with the lack of oxygen there (note that he can flame on in a vacuum without tech too). Yeah he was still depicted being able to flame on in the vacuum of space. If you have other instances of him not needing to breath in space that could trump what I said.

Stoic
If true, that's moronic (I'm not calling you moronic, I'm calling the writer moronic), because it goes against all the times he's fought in space with no tech and was just fine with the lack of oxygen there (note that he can flame on in a vacuum without tech too).

TBH it's moronic that a flame could even exist without an atmosphere in space to begin with.

I wasn't referring to him beating them I was referring to the fact he can and has used his FF in a similar manner to a GL construct.

He was able to surround a ship in a bubble then alter the bubbles shape to break open the ship and remove the pilot almost like a hand.

As for this Tony Stark is Ironman and Ironman is not Tony Stark idea. We get what you are saying but what other people are saying is that the tech you are talking about is very specific to the characters he was fighting and he had that tech due to prep using specialty armors. This isn't a prep fight. This would be Tony as he is normally depicted randomly meeting and fighting SS without any previous prep.

So unless you can prove Tony can whip out any previous tech from his specialty armors on the fly than Tony can't use them in this fight.

The Super Skrull is very impressive, and very powerful, this has never been my argument, but Stark has ways of getting around a character that can not detect him. With CIS off Stark never ever has to allow SS a chance of seeing him, while he would have several ways to see SS even while cloaked with invisibility like Sue's. It's not as if Tony has never met the FF, or read in depth Avenger's files on the Super Skrull. Tony would put him in the Negative Zone faster than you would believe at first. If he can time and again lock a guy up that's made of light, he would lock down SS.

zopzop
Yeah he was still depicted being able to flame on in the vacuum of space. If you have other instances of him not needing to breath in space that could trump what I said.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t446514.html
Check out all those times he's in space with no need to breath.

@Stoic
It could be that his fire is cosmic in nature (but then again that doesn't explain the times water has extinguished it). Oh well.....

Stoic
Also if you need proof that Tony can go wifi on SS just remember that he can tecnopathically send out a wifi signal, and have his armor fly right to him as fast as those suits can fly. Just look at what Ultron did with Tony's body after he placed a worm in him.

Stoic
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t446514.html
Check out all those times he's in space with no need to breath.

@Stoic
It could be that his fire is cosmic in nature (but then again that doesn't explain the times water has extinguished it). Oh well.....

I think you're right about the cosmic flame, after all the FF are cosmic beings, just on a lower scale than the Herald's of Galactus. Super Skrull also has a larger dose of cosmic energy in him than the FF as well, so perhaps that is what makes him able to flame on in space. It's still stupid as hell but whatever. Flame needs oxygen. Marvel has written some pretty dumb stuff.

trollfacejpg
To the flame in space thing, maybe he produces the oxygen along with the fire.
Sounds ridiculous but so does fire in space.

Newjak
I think you're right about the cosmic flame, after all the FF are cosmic beings, just on a lower scale than the Herald's of Galactus. Super Skrull also has a larger dose of cosmic energy in him than the FF as well, so perhaps that is what makes him able to flame on in space. It's still stupid as hell but whatever. Flame needs oxygen. Marvel has written some pretty dumb stuff. Well we are talking about medium that regularly has people able to communicate in space without aid.

dmills
Well we are talking about medium that regularly has people able to communicate in space without aid.

And talk under water.

As for this fight. Lean towards SS for a few reasons.

1) Tony running out of power seems to be an issue for him when up against peeps able to press him.

2) SS has the benefit of one of the cheapest power set's in comics. Sue's powers are "SFll Chun li leg sweep" cheap. Tony has no counter for it.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by dmills
And talk under water.

As for this fight. Lean towards SS for a few reasons.

1) Tony running out of power seems to be an issue for him when up against peeps able to press him.

2) SS has the benefit of one of the cheapest power set's in comic. Sue's ipowers are "SFll Chun li leg sweep" cheap. Tony has no counter for it.

Where?

Tony can definitely use SS's fire power set to power him up. Even if that was a problem he can currently power up via satellites accessing Jupiter's magnetic sphere.

Raptor22
Also if you need proof that Tony can go wifi on SS just remember that he can tecnopathically send out a wifi signal, and have his armor fly right to him as fast as those suits can fly. Just look at what Ultron did with Tony's body after he placed a worm in him. except he can't do that here. Just like Batman can't call in the bat-mobile mid battle or the bat-plane for air support, even though he has in the comics.

cdtm
Originally posted by Raptor22
except he can't do that here. Just like Batman can't call in the bat-mobile mid battle or the bat-plane for air support, even though he has in the comics.

Not to mention, Dr. Doom and Reed Richards become unbeatable.

Losing to Thor in a non prep battle? No problem, just teleport in an anti Celestial dimensional cannon! Carried by an army of Doombots or Richard robots.

celeyhyga17
Love Klr't, but Iron Man has crazy versatility plus he has shields too.

The Sorrow
It's not a stomp but I think Super Skrull wins this. If anything CIS off reduces Tonys chances.

Tony Stark

Sue kills any GL ftr

Tony Stark
IM ftw

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Sue kills any GL ftr

No.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Blair Wind
No.

Yes

Stoic
Originally posted by Raptor22
except he can't do that here. Just like Batman can't call in the bat-mobile mid battle or the bat-plane for air support, even though he has in the comics.

Yeah that would be fine if CIS was on, but it's not. Tony Stark as I mentioned is Iron Man, not the other way around, and while it is true Batman can not call Robin, and the Bat Mobile Stark under these conditions has called on the aid of Iron Man, even if Iron Man happened to just be a suit, which it is.

Tony can also use his armor to see SS on different spectrums, but SS won't be able to see Tony if he cloaks and goes into stealth mode.

Blair Wind
Yeah that would be fine if CIS was on, but it's not. Tony Stark as I mentioned is Iron Man, not the other way around, and while it is true Batman can not call Robin, and the Bat Mobile Stark under these conditions has called on the aid of Iron Man, even if Iron Man happened to just be a suit, which it is.

Tony can also use his armor to see SS on different spectrums, but SS won't be able to see Tony if he cloaks and goes into stealth mode.

As much as I agree that Tony has the edge here you have to realize that the intent of the thread op isn't whether Tony can unleash hell on SS by bringing in an army of his suits from NY City.

It's in a neutral plain area - say Arizona - away from the city. In a straight up fight with no ability to call on his abundant resources in NY because SS is on his tail.

dmills
Blair in the house lol! Now all we need is White Witch and then the fun really starts!

Bouboumaster
Without CIS, Super Skrull use Thing and Reed's powers to impale Iron Man.

DarkSaint85
Wait, what, Iron Man suddenly calls on his army of Iron Men armour? If that's the tactic to win, then no, I don't think its quite like that.

Otherwise, Klrt, using his new found status as a hero of the Skrull empire, calls in the remnants of the Skrulls......

WhiteWitchKing
Also if you need proof that Tony can go wifi on SS just remember that he can tecnopathically send out a wifi signal, and have his armor fly right to him as fast as those suits can fly. Just look at what Ultron did with Tony's body after he placed a worm in him.

While Tony tries to wifi, his head explodes from force spikes protruding out his head. Skrull takes this fight. Deadlier range attacks. K'lrt would more than likely kill Tony than the other way around.

K'lrt takes thisthumb up

people have strecthed the concept of no cis til it broke here

Tony Stark

Even not written properly Tony is Mid-Herald. I'm a big Super Skrull fan But, Tony has too many options.

Iron Man 7/10

Kl'rt should win 10/10 if not jobbing thumb up

leonidas
i'm not convinced a bubble in his body would be possible for a couple reasons. first, tony has his own forcefields and that might well protect him. secondly, her powers have been defined as psionic at times. if true, tony already has in place safeguards against psionic attacks. third, if he gets off a massive sonic attack first, that would prevent ss from concentrating enough to form one anyway. assuming for a moment the bubble doesn't work as some sort of indefensible herald destroying attack, then tony would take this. at some point in the past, i'm fairly certain tony already broke through sue's forcefield as well, but for the life of me i can't recall where that happened. maybe someone else can....?

pym-ftw
This awesome guy knows the deal

the force field is dropped via hyperspace into normal space. it's supposed to be indenfensable. assuming defenses against "psionic powers", as in telepathy, are a blanket defense against all powers of psionic nature is stretching it quite a bit IMO.

sonic attacks might keep him off balance for a while, but they wouldn't cripple him for the fight. and that assumes tony uses sonics before he raises defensive force fields

I'm unaware of tony braking thourgh IW's force fields, but if someone can post that it'd help.

curryman
Originally posted by 753
assuming defenses against "psionic powers", as in telepathy, are a blanket defense against all powers of psionic nature is stretching it quite a bit IMO.
Indeed....

Being able to defend against telepathic intrusion is a FAAAAAAAAAAAAR cry from being able to defend against telekinesis. It's like saying you can't use TK to toss Xavier down the stairs cause he's got telepathic defenses.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
the force field is dropped via hyperspace into normal space. it's supposed to be indenfensable.

key word--supposed. since she's never really used the attack in that manner, against someone with a forcefield, it's really only speculation that it would work. i've always hated the no-limits fallacy of that attack.

possibly. i'm speculating as well, but i find it extremely difficult to believe that such an attack would simply bypass his shields, like i find it hard to imagine it could bypass, say, magneto's.

before who raises shields? sonics would work through sue's forcefields, and tony can use sonics even if his own shields are up. without the auto-kill option, i think the advantage swings to IM in this fight.

yeah, that'd be great. wish i could friggin remember where it happened.

ODG
^ I recall Doom doing it. You sure it was Iron Man? If you could remember the context or scene, I could look for it.

Originally posted by leonidas
key word--supposed. since she's never really used the attack in that manner, against someone with a forcefield, it's really only speculation that it would work. i've always hated the no-limits fallacy of that attack.
but an explanation for how it just pops into regular space has been given

IINM storm's powers, which are also psionic, have manipulated the environment behind magneto's shields

super-skrull. why would sonic attacks work through the shields? without the autokill, SS still has nova flare, anti-matter blast, thing's strengh, mindcontrol and the combined damage soaks of RR and thing.

what IM attack do you view putting him down?

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
^ I recall Doom doing it. You sure it was Iron Man? If you could remember the context or scene, I could look for it.

i wish i could. i think it was discussed and dissected in the forum sometime ago though. i do know it's old, but i can't recall where it took place. i could be wrong as well, i guess, but i was pretty sure it had happened.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
but an explanation for how it just pops into regular space has been given

IINM storm's powers, which are also psionic, have manipulated the environment behind magneto's shields

super-skrull. why would sonic attacks work through the shields? without the autokill, SS still has nova flare, anti-matter blast, thing's strengh, mindcontrol and the combined damage soaks of RR and thing.

what IM attack do you view putting him down?

true enough about the explanation, but still, it reeks of no limits. it's off-topic, but i don't recall storm affecting mags through his shield. any idea where? crystal has affected sue through her field, as has vision. she hears things just fine so why wouldn't sonics work? confused pretty sure they have been used against her in the past anyway.

i think tony could shield or absorb much of the energy attacks johnny could use. and it's not like skrull hasn't been ko'd many times in the past...

tony's amped repulsors in combo with sonics that have put a hurting on juggs would be very effective. his chest beams have staggered hulk. his energy knife would be very effective in close combat as well, and could likely one-shot kill ss considering what it did to worthy gargoyle. those are just some off the top of my head (odg or bw could probably come up with other options for taking skrull down) and that's without factoring in some of his more plot devicey powers and abilities he has shown. factor in his own forcefields and ability to find ss even if he's invisible and i think the edge goes to tony minus the insta-kill. it's still a fight for sure, but i'd take stark.

Originally posted by leonidas
true enough about the explanation, but still, it reeks of no limits. it's off-topic, but i don't recall storm affecting mags through his shield. any idea where? http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9882/uxm112pg114bg.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86/stormandmagneto1vm.jpg/
with sonic blasts? I know she has at least stopped sersi's transmutation with her force-fields. http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=17040_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-20_122_831lo.jpg

that's a plot necessity. characters like sue, klrt and magneto can be seen and carry conversations so they can interact with other characters, but their shields still stop lasers and sonic blasts. I couldn't fin any specific sonic blast defense feats from sue or klrt, but they do stop shockwaves from explosions. if you have a scan of sonics bypassing her shields, that'd change things.
sure, then again, so can the SS.
is it heat based?
tony can win, but I can't see him taking a majority. another attack avenue for klrt is the tk like use of the force-field constructs for offense.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9882/uxm112pg114bg.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86/stormandmagneto1vm.jpg/
with sonic blasts? I know she has at least stopped sersi's transmutation with her force-fields. http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=17040_Fantastic_Four_Annual_25-20_122_831lo.jpg

that's a plot necessity. characters like sue, klrt and magneto can be seen and carry conversations so they can interact with other characters, but their shields still stop lasers and sonic blasts. I couldn't fin any specific sonic blast defense feats from sue or klrt, but they do stop shockwaves from explosions. if you have a scan of sonics bypassing her shields, that'd change things.
sure, then again, so can the SS.
is it heat based?
tony can win, but I can't see him taking a majority. another attack avenue for klrt is the tk like use of the force-field constructs for offense.

hmm, the mags' scans i HAVE seen. i guess i never looked at them as affecting him through his shield. the second in particular seems iffy, but the first i can def see where you're coming from. i will say it makes no sense since he's shielded against her numerous times, but i can see why you feel they're proof.

i knew about stopping sersi, and she's stopped jean tk as well. her field seems to stop some things and not others. wizard once plowed through it after finding the right light frequency--something tony should be able to duplicate without too much trouble during the fight.

http://imageshack.us/f/593/wiz1f.jpg/

lol pologies for the spanish but you get the idea. analyzing fields and their frequencies in order to get through them is one of tony's most consistent abilities.

re: sonics--there is apparently some conflicting data. in the past, klaw has been both effective against her, and ineffective against her. i think songbird was able to do well against her in the tbolts as well. bottomline--i believe she CAN stop sonic attacks, IF she prepares for them and sets up an appropriate shield. but i don't know that that is what skrull would do at the start, and a barrage that can bring marko to his knees could certainly stun the hell out of ss.

the lance is electrical as far as i know....

ss could def bat him around some with the forcefields as a weapon, but i don't see that winning him the fight. he'd need to drop the field and use the other powers to win. once the field falls, that's where tony has the edge imo. too many weapons imo, and ways to get around ss's defenses.

on a separate note--just who has ss defeated that makes you think he'd be able to take out tony for a majority. tony's win list is about as good as anyone in marvel, especially given his usual depicted level. given even a little time, he can usually adapt to most opponents and win. that's why i think minus insta-death, he takes this.

she-hulk evil face

guy222
SS should win

quanchi112
Could go either way.

Alias Stone
Super Skrull 6-10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.